homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » FAQs - History of the Ship (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: FAQs - History of the Ship
piers ploughman
Shipmate
# 13174

- Posted      Profile for piers ploughman   Email piers ploughman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
I find that putting the kettle on and having a nice cup of tea does the trick when dark hints of history and the collective mind get a bit worrisome.

Excellent advice, and well taken. It's a long thread and I'm learning that it's all too easy to go a tad potty after too much time on the Ship in one session without a break. [Ultra confused] Trouble is, I'm lovin' it!

--------------------
Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
William Blake.

Posts: 2121 | From: perth wa | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piers ploughman:
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
Shaun was banned long ago. For reasons other than anything posted on this thread.

Fiddleback was de-registered a long time back. Again for reasons other than anything posted on this thread. He was let back on after repenting in sackcloth and ashes.

This is one of the things I had in mind.
Just to repeat some of what Viola had said. That comment was in response to a post by altarbird just over a year ago, who asked about Shaun and Fiddleback. My point in posting that was to clarify some confusion as the OPer (Shaun) was banned after starting this thread, and Fiddleback was unregistered after he posted here (top of page 2). In both cases their banning/deregistration was for their actions elsewhere on the Ship - they did nothing wrong on this thread. The actual posts where they created enough problems to warrant the action taken against them have long since been removed.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was wondering whether this thread might benefit from a journey back up to the top of page 1, given the birthday celebrations yesterday...

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm bumping this up. I could say it is because it has been linked to in another thread and it would be useful for new members and I appreciated it when someone pointed it out when I first joined the ship and...

But the truth is I want/need to re-read it myself. I won't be able to do that in one sitting, and I want the thread near the top where it will be handy.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just searched for this thread, and suspect it may be of interest to others who do not know of its existence, so I'm bumping it.

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lord Pontivillian
Shipmate
# 14308

- Posted      Profile for Lord Pontivillian   Author's homepage   Email Lord Pontivillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, I had forgotten about this thread.

--------------------
The Church in Wales is Ancient, Catholic and Deformed - Typo found in old catechism.

Posts: 665 | From: Horsham | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tazmeen

Ship's Baha'i
# 12891

- Posted      Profile for Tazmeen   Email Tazmeen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erin and Simon, et al, it's amazing how Hurricane led to the Ship-of-Fools name being spread over other net sites. Do you think it played a part in getting the magazine known? - Not to credit Joanna with it, just asking if there was there a link between the persecution [my word] and the success?

Thanks for the work that make SoF possible.

Another question. How has SoF been portrayed/reported in the press since then? (I might google it tomorrow, but wondering also about offline press/media, Christian and mainstream.)

I couldn't read the whole thread through tonight. I was skimming through to find out if the OPer was HJ back in a hat *shudder.*

Taz

(Ed. to make sense)

[ 08. September 2009, 00:49: Message edited by: Tazman ]

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Taz, you could start with the "Ship of Fools Media Sightings (general)" thread here in the Styx.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tazmeen

Ship's Baha'i
# 12891

- Posted      Profile for Tazmeen   Email Tazmeen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Hot and Hormonal]
Late Quartet

Irredeemably speciesist?
# 1207

- Posted      Profile for Late Quartet   Author's homepage   Email Late Quartet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Noticed the stats on here for active members in 2004 and 2006: any chance of an update?

--------------------
Late Quartet is cycling closer to Route 6 than Route 66 these days.

Posts: 899 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sure--at the time of writing:

There are 1,965 Shipmates (Active Registrations with 51+ posts).

1,107 Shipmates have posted this year.

663 Shipmates have posted this month.

ETA:

1,572 Active Registrations have posted this year.

755 Active Registrations have posted this month.

[ 06. January 2010, 15:08: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And as that little bit of data attached to the previous three posters shows (low post counts but been around nearly forever), our lurkers and low-activity members are just as important as any of the five-digit ones. If not more so.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
And as that little bit of data attached to the previous three posters shows (low post counts but been around nearly forever), our lurkers and low-activity members are just as important as any of the five-digit ones. If not more so.

There are only 45 Shipmates with five digits. We are WAY outnumbered by the lurkers and low- activity members. Without y'all we would just be talking to ourselves. So no change there. [Razz]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice to find this thread again. I love history.

[Biased]

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tallis' Canon
Shipmate
# 67

- Posted      Profile for Tallis' Canon   Email Tallis' Canon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a Shipmate with a low membership number and lower post count, I really value the ship and the thoughts it gives me about life and faith. I don't post very often, but lurk a quite a bit and am made richer for the experience.

Thanks to all for helping me stumble along my faith journey.

[Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

--------------------
Who made thee, Hob, foresake the plough and fall in love?

Posts: 74 | From: Treganna | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Late Quartet

Irredeemably speciesist?
# 1207

- Posted      Profile for Late Quartet   Author's homepage   Email Late Quartet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Belisarius for the new info. so quickly arrived at for month 105(?!) of the boards!

Here's my little go at a very brief analysis.

When you posted back in April 2006 (month 61) you compared back to July 2004 (month 40 for the ubb boards)
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius in April 2006:

So far, 1,491 registrations have made Shipmate status, of which 697 have posts for this month [April '06], compared (per previous page) to a 539/1,042 ratio in July 2004. The percentage of active posters has gone down, but the overall traffic has probably gone up about a third.

I can see that shipmates posting in these random months (40, 61 and 109) are 539, 697 and 663, which I guess looks like a constant against the total number of shipmates which has continued to grow 1042, 1491 and 1965.

What's most significant though for me is that of the 1965 people who've achieved shipmate status nearly 60% (1107) have posted this year, showing a sustained connection for many of us (however infrequently we post here).

--------------------
Late Quartet is cycling closer to Route 6 than Route 66 these days.

Posts: 899 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tallis' Canon:
As a Shipmate with a low membership number and lower post count, I really value the ship and the thoughts it gives me about life and faith.

This very post just took your post count above your member number - congratulations!

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just read this thread and it has prompted me to venture into Limbo. I can see I am going to spend hours there, having just laughed my way through the whole of "A small group experience in spiritual formation"

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For those made as curious as I was about the above, this is the thread Vuplior is talking about from Hell. Sine at his best.

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Hennah, you've spoilt the fun! People might now go straight to the thread rather than browsing for it. That means that they could miss so many gems and only spend one hour in Limbo rather than four or five... [Devil]

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's given me an idea.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fun part I find about the ship's history in Limbo is that you see and then remember shipmate's previous names, as any post edited by them has their name at the time noted.

I can just about remember that "The Amazing Mavis" was "Left at the Altar" for a long time, but now I find a post from 02 April 2004 where the message was edited by "Shagged at the Altar". [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having seen two threads started with Gadget for God suggestions, I went poking around in the Styx cellars looking for the consolidated GfG thread. Didn't find it, so I guess the hosts decided it was time for a new one, which I'll let them start.

But I did find this ever-valuable thread languishing on page 3 and am hereby bouncing it up for both the edification of any newbies and the joy of reminiscence for any and all.

I think I'm due for a re-read myself.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

This thread had been accidentally deleted. It's worth reading now more than ever.

--------------------

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From this thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
My main Ship-related activity consists of sticking pins into various dolls.

[Smile]
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Alan. I'm glad the thread was salvageable [Smile]

[ 06. January 2011, 09:24: Message edited by: Marvin the Martian ]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, Alan - I was looking for this thread the other evening after the news broke. I just assumed I didn't know how to use the search function properly!

For anyone who doesn't know it already, the "Future History of the Ship" thread, which ran in 2003, is currently on page 5 of Limbo. Full of in-jokes involving Shipmates past and present. Also, just now, rather poignant. From Erin, on that thread:
quote:
Originally posted by Erin: June 2005 In a stunning development, people figure out that they can simply avoid threads they do not like. The admins suddenly gain 64 hours every day from not having to explain this fact to griping shipmates. The price of gin plummets.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's a link to the Future History of the Ship thread.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
thanks for that link. I went there, and in 2003 Chorister said:
quote:
December 2010 - Bill Gates throws a tantrum because in a 'most famous computer personality of all time' national TV opinion poll, Erin Etheridge scores more votes than he does.

In light of the all the tributes and all the love pouring out for her now - not just here - it seemed almost prophetic.
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If we're very, very lucky, this from Ariel might prove to be prophetic, too:

By 2032, Erin has had herself cloned, and runs the Ship in perpetuity.

Only I'm not sure whether the cloning device had completed its test run by December 2010. [Frown]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
itokro
Shipmate
# 16135

- Posted      Profile for itokro   Email itokro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another one from the Future History thread:

quote:
Jan 2011 Erin breaks in the new year by randomly flaming newbies, just for the hell of it. Everyone else realises that it's going to be a great year.
I wish this one had been prophetic. Even if it means I'd have to endure a flaming.
Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been re-reading about the 'Mystery Bullshipper'(aka Cosmogate). There appear to be two completely separate churches in Reading involved, Most Holy Trinity and St Mark's. OK, they are very close geographically and both appear to be FiF and under the see of Ebbsfleet, but they seemed to be merged into one in the Mystery Bullshipper report. One of the original MWs was of Most Holy Trinity, and the letters of complaint came from St Mark's. What's going on?

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to Day 29 of this Forward in Faith list of intentions, they are two churches but with the same vicar and the same curate.

[ 09. January 2011, 17:23: Message edited by: Arrietty ]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Arrietty:
According to Day 29 of this Forward in Faith list of intentions, they are two churches but with the same vicar and the same curate.

That's my understanding, too. ACNY reports them as distinct parishes.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Arietty, it would explain it if they were (or at least had been in 2006). The contacts given by the Diocese of Oxford are different, and neither are the names mentioned in your link. Most Holy Trinity has quite a nice website, which you would think would mention another charge under the same 'management'. I wonder if the background upset described in the Mystery Bullshipper lead to a splitting of the charge?

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arrietty is correct. At the time of the reports, the personnel was as in the link she gave.

Church 'teams' always seem to be changing around here, so I imagine there have been change in Reading also over 4 years.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
itokro
Shipmate
# 16135

- Posted      Profile for itokro   Email itokro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While we're on the subject of Mystery Worship: how did the MW project come about?
Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by itokro:
While we're on the subject of Mystery Worship: how did the MW project come about?

I had the idea when consulting in PR for a trade show on the market research industry. It was, at first, a play on words in my mind - mystery shopper sounded wonderfully, playfully close to mystery worshipper.

Simon and I then constructed the 20 questions before the launch of online SoF in 1998. The rest is history - and a lot of hard work on the part of those who edit the reports (thanks, folks [Overused] ).

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've found the MW questions to be an excellent informal test of various churches, and once used them in a very productive home group meeting in (and about) my own church.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This thread is allowing me to date my arrival on the ship to sometime in 2000, then. Interesting read!

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just having another read of the Future history of the Ship thread. Who is Wood? [Snigger]

On another note - what has happened to the 'archive' link, as it doesn't lead anywhere? And where has the famous TnT gone?

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Which archive link do you mean? It may be an old link still hanging around from the days when we had a board called "archive"

As far as TnT goes, this question came up recently

It would appear that it was deleted, along with a few other redundant boards when we upgraded the software a few years ago.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes--the Archive was the original version of the Limbo Board; at one point, it was discontinued and its threads returned to their original boards.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

assumed it was the archive link in the intro text for Limbo. That, IIRC, went to an archive of threads from the Neoworks boards pre-2001. The link went dead when the Ship moved servers a couple of years back and somehow the archived stuff from the old days didn't quite make it where it should have gone.

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the answers! I knew I'd read various ex-threads in the time I've been here that seemed to have vanished. That explains why.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The TnT board was shut down and subsequently moved but the posts were copied to oblivion.

See e.g. here for starters.

(Lest it cause confusion- at the bottom of that page there are threads from a temporary Orthodox board set up to celebrate Mousethief hitting 10,000 posts IIRC)

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If it's of any interest, someone (Jengie? apologies if not) posted a link to this revered place recently. This is the magazine, of course, not the boards, and there are a number of dead links, but still interesting to browse.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Purple is cool. [Cool]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, this whole thread has taken on a new poignancy now; and Erin is not the only person who has posted on it who is no longer with us [Frown]

On the matter of 'asking about things you might not be supposed to ask about' - which is something that this thread, that I've just read right the way through for the first time, seems to have oft been used for - may I please enquire about Max? I've seen a few dark hints and a small amount of fuss in Hell, and am curious. I remember him from before my shore leave. I even met him once or twice.

[ 09. September 2011, 18:31: Message edited by: Persephone Hazard ]

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Max played one too many silly games with the community here. Juvenile practical jokes may have their place somewhere, there's only so much we will take of people treating others on the Ship as playthings for their amusement.

When your dad sees the light and becomes a Young Earth Creationist then we might consider letting Max back on board.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016