homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Trumpiage

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Trumpiage
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Oops: Trump thread has become dauntingly lengthy, which is perhaps why two additional Trump-themed threads have now opened -- one on nearly half the media-consuming public believing the media invents fictions about Trump, and one on Trump's (maybe) handling of the mission in Niger.

I'm aware (and also often guilty of) the usual American myopia and ignorance about the rest of the world, coupled with American self-absorption. I'm a bit concerned that we'll have further proliferation of threads on Trump. Is there some convenient way to contain this contagion?

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If we get a new compendium thread, can we name it with reference to the Oops! thread? I love that name.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do think a multi-faceted disaster like Trump might justify more than one thread, but they do need to be focussed.

I cannot keep up with his idiocies enough to proerly suggest a division, sadly.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
can we name it with reference to the Oops! thread?

"Letting a Trump go" might be appropriate.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps (and I know TIACW) 'Shit happens' might be an appropriate title for a Trumpiagistic Compendium...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Perhaps (and I know TIACW) 'Shit happens' might be an appropriate title for a Trumpiagistic Compendium...

IJ

[Killing me]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

IJ

[Overused]

I think one Trump thread is more than enough.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

I think one Trump thread is more than enough.

God, yes.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I introduce you to the scroll bar?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ISTM we're doing a pretty good job. Sometimes, on any thread, H/As say to split off certain things into new threads. Other times (less often, ISTM), they say to keep everything in one thread. IMHO, we're middle of the road, with one main thread and occasional others.

ISTM Shipmates are free to start threads that aren't about Trump, and about anything in the universe (including itself).

Look, Americans are stuck with T for now, as is everyone else. (And, much of the time, non-American Shipmates do most of the posting about T.) If we put everything on one thread, it will be so chaotic that no one will be able to find anything. And discussions would probably leak into threads that are tangentially related.

Let's keep this as is, please.

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been away on holiday and saw the spawning when I came back. I'm content with the two specific threads in this case, largely for the reasons GK gave. We'll have to keep an eye on them. Threads can, and do, evolve and there is no need for two general threads. But as things stand, I see nothing amiss with allowing Shipmates some freedoms to pull out a topic or two for some specific, concentrated, attention.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oops - Oh, Our Poor Society?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Oops - Oh, Our Poor Society?

[Overused]

--------------------

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016