homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » New ship and new boards... please support us! (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 

Source: (consider it) Thread: New ship and new boards... please support us!
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Click on your post count.

NOW he tells me! [Razz]
You think that was difficult? During testing at least, the new boards have some invisible buttons
[Help]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No prizes on offer for finding them, either! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let's not start arguing about who has the biggest button!
[Razz]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Click on your post count.

Thanks to you and Alan Cresswell.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm saddling up my unicorn to ride onto the New Ship boards.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Watch it, Tortuf, you could have someone’s eye out with that.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's not the unicorn, it is the person using the unicorn.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Myeah. Horns don’t kill, right?

[ 19. February 2018, 12:35: Message edited by: Yorick ]

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Unicorns and it's not the gun are both mythology.
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Oh, really? I’d be interested to hear your proof that unicorns do not exist with evidence citations please.

(Ahhh. Sweet nostalgia).

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Category error: Things don't have to "not exist" in order to be mythological. Myth merely strongly suggests that the overwhelming experience of beings in our shared existence will be one of pure storytelling.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

I suppose that’s technically correct, since the only thing that is truly knowable is RooK’s existence.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
the only thing that is truly knowable is RooK’s existence.

No, that's not truly knowable at all! It's merely a matter of speculation.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

I've seen him in person. Of course it was in a parking lot in the middle of the night.

Then he disappeared.

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Watch it, Tortuf, you could have someone’s eye out with that.

If he aims carefully, yes.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I suppose that’s technically correct, since the only thing that is truly knowable is RooK’s existence.

To all unbelievers, I have evidence.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's evidence of a claim that his nest exists. It is not evidence of the existence of the nest -- nor of Rook.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm getting so anxious for the new ship to arrive that I had a dream about it last night. Is that pathetic or what? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, Nicole, it is not. Most of us, I would guess, are anxiously awaiting the New Ship. (At least I got back from my overseas trip before it happened!)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rossweisse - glad you did, as we are hosting 8th day when it launches.

I think they are just trying to get the correct sequence of flashing pink lights for heaven, and pumping the tanks full of blood for hell.

It should be here soon. I hope (I am really excited too!)

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just remember. It's a new ship but it's the same old people.

And those people suck.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:

"Unless I stick my finger in his side, I will not believe, but when he has punched me in the throat, then I shall be convinced."
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

And those people suck.

Everytime you post, I am reminded that most other shipmates suck.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
That's evidence of a claim that his nest exists. It is not evidence of the existence of the nest -- nor of Rook.

Doubting Thomas. Reach hither thy hand and thrust it into the sign: and be not faithless, but believing.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:

And those people suck.

Shitmates, as the beloved Pyx_e once said.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

That has no apostrophe, making it plural. Does this mean there's more than one of him?

<runs away scared>

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
quote:

That has no apostrophe, making it plural. Does this mean there's more than one of him?

<runs away scared>

You’ve seen his Gallery picture, right?
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

And those people suck.

Shitmates, as the beloved Pyx_e once said.
I miss Pyx_e. Is anybody in touch with him?
I wonder if he lurks and if he might continue to lurk on the new ship.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see him IRL from time to time but he's busy and also a law unto himself.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:
the only thing that is truly knowable is RooK’s existence.

No, that's not truly knowable at all! It's merely a matter of speculation.
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Tortuf:

I've seen him in person. Of course it was in a parking lot in the middle of the night.

Then he disappeared[/QB]

That was no Rook; that was a Vampire Bat.
[Devil]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know! I take some shore leave to further my career now that the caterpillars are offhand, only to come back and find that the ship has finally got round to setting up new boards!

Is absolutely nothing sacred?

Have I already missed filling in the form?

Do I still count as a member?

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moth:
I don't know! I take some shore leave to further my career now that the caterpillars are offhand, only to come back and find that the ship has finally got round to setting up new boards!

Is absolutely nothing sacred

Nothing or everything take your pick.

quote:
Have I already missed filling in the form?

No
quote:
Do I still count as a member?

Yes.

Basically the new ship has not set sail yet, indeed only officers (hosts and admins) have been allowed to board.

Simon announced the new ship in December but it has been slow to leave dry dock and still is under sea worthiness testing. Normal shipmates, self included, will only be allowed on when it is judged sea worthy.

I know nothing more than can be gleaned from this thread.

Jengie

[ 23. February 2018, 15:50: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In some ways Ship of Fools II resembles HMS Queen Elizabeth II, the Royal Navy's latest and largest warship which is also undergoing trials. She is an aircraft carrier which does not (yet) carry any aircraft. It could be a couple of years before she does so.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
Normal shipmates

Now that is one Hell of an oxymoron.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, please define "normal" in this context.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not a host, admin or holds other responsibility with respect to these boards.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wanted to be normal once, but I decided only people who lack imagination want that [Razz]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I don't think I've ever been accused of being normal.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
By any reasonable definition of normal (ie mine) I am.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In AS, Lothlorien has mentioned there will be no signatures.
I am curious as to why.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ditto.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As far as I can tell they're not a feature of the new software. You win some, you lose some.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They aren't a default part of the new software, though I think it's possible to bolt on a few bits and pieces to allow them. We hadn't got around to looking at the options.

You may find that the crew are still adjusting the arrangement of deck chairs after we sail. There is no need to be alarmed.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deck chairs? This is supposed to be the New Ship - we demand sun-loungers!

Or have the traditionalists won?

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They have.

And the deck chairs will be in the correct liturgical colours at all times!

The Crew will also be correctly vested, wearing maniples, in order to demonstrate their servant status.

I'll get me life-jacket...

[Razz]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mmm ... but will the Captain reside at Lambeth, Rome ...

... or Didcot?

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

Albeit slightly faded by the sun.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Noooo, neither, he’ll reside on the Bridge 24/7, of course!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
They have.

The Crew will also be correctly vested, wearing maniples, in order to demonstrate their servant status.

I'll get me life-jacket...

[Razz]

IJ

Whereas those of us hosting private boards and 8th day will continue to wear what we always have.

Nothing whatsoever.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
O...... *BF swoons away completely......*

[Eek!]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016