homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » New ship and new boards... please support us! (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Source: (consider it) Thread: New ship and new boards... please support us!
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
but in the unlikely event that two people try to claim the same name then we have the ability to cross-check your registration email addresses to determine who was using it here.

Is this an automated process, or only arises if someone complains?
B. There are no automated data migrations or cross-checks between the two sets of software whatsoever - in software and database terms this will be a completely new Ship of Fools.

quote:
I can envision an "active"* poster wishing a name change. "Oh, I've never seen a Vera the Venusian. I shall take that name." Meantime, registered, but "inactive" lurker Vera the Venusian decides to register on the New Ship and finds the name taken. Being a lurker, s/he doesn't feel comfortable to challenge a long-time poster.
That's a risk we'll have to accept. We can't automatically transfer profiles to the new software, and even if it was possible (which it's not) we sure as hell wouldn't be prepared to manually transfer nearly 19,000 profiles across.

Which leaves us with the option of trusting y'all to not be dicks, and intervening on a case-by-case basis in the (hopefully very) rare event of a conflict.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I can't find that post but I am tempted to reboard as ThomasDF, merseymike or Frank Mitchell.

Meh. You're the one that'd have to live with the consequences.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
There are no automated data migrations or cross-checks between the two sets of software whatsoever - in software and database terms this will be a completely new Ship of Fools.

Not knowing either software, I wouldn't think it an impossible task to create a data base that read from one into a format that could be read/imported into the other. Though I understand that this is additional work.

quote:

Which leaves us with the option of trusting y'all to not be dicks, and intervening on a case-by-case basis in the (hopefully very) rare event of a conflict.

My example was a specifically non-dickish one that is entirely plausible.

All that said, I am not trying to create more work or making any demands.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Not knowing either software, I wouldn't think it an impossible task to create a data base that read from one into a format that could be read/imported into the other. Though I understand that this is additional work.

It's also largely pointless. The vast majority of profiles (and thus usernames) we have on these boards will never be used again, so there's no need to expend effort to preserve them.

quote:
quote:

I did not mean to imply that the only possible conflicts would result from people being dicks, merely that if everyone refrains from dickishness then the number of conflicts will be incredibly low. So low, in fact, that it will take considerably less time and effort to deal with them on a case-by-case basis after the event than to attempt to render them impossible in advance.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

As stated earlier on this thread, we have also banned certain names (e.g. Erin, ken, Gambit) from being used at all.

I can't find that post but I am tempted to reboard as ThomasDF, merseymike or Frank Mitchell.
[Killing me]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

It's also largely pointless. The vast majority of profiles (and thus usernames) we have on these boards will never be used again, so there's no need to expend effort to preserve them.

quote:
quote:

I did not mean to imply that the only possible conflicts would result from people being dicks, merely that if everyone refrains from dickishness then the number of conflicts will be incredibly low. So low, in fact, that it will take considerably less time and effort to deal with them on a case-by-case basis after the event than to attempt to render them impossible in advance.

Fair enough.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know from works situations that transfer of data is always a tricky issue, and the decision is the one I would come to if being asked to do it as well.

Yes it is possible to do these transfers automatically, but the question is always about what the most appropriate thing to do is. OK, it is a small pain for each of us to have to re-register, but it is absolutely the right approach. It always seems like the "right" thing to make it simple for me, but from a wider perspective, some small work that each person has to do is, by a long way, far easier.

And just to say I know the pain in trying to get this all up and working, and I think the team working on it are doing a great job (keeping us informed, trying to resolve the problems, all in their spare time!). So a huge thank you, and please make it fantastic for us!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So is "Curious Buddhist" available?

[Snigger]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm just worried that I'll be out of town and out of touch when the new Ship finally launches. Can we get any estimate of the probable date?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
I know from works situations that transfer of data is always a tricky issue, and the decision is the one I would come to if being asked to do it as well.

Yes it is possible to do these transfers automatically, but the question is always about what the most appropriate thing to do is. OK, it is a small pain for each of us to have to re-register, but it is absolutely the right approach. It always seems like the "right" thing to make it simple for me, but from a wider perspective, some small work that each person has to do is, by a long way, far easier.

And just to say I know the pain in trying to get this all up and working, and I think the team working on it are doing a great job (keeping us informed, trying to resolve the problems, all in their spare time!). So a huge thank you, and please make it fantastic for us!

FWIW, I'm in the midst of a data migration job and name data, while superficially simple, is the very worst. Asking people to spend a couple of minutes to re-register takes them no time and gets the new Ship up and running far sooner.
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's a thought. Any chance we could get the Rev Gerald Ambulance to launch the new Ship? I'm sure he would be happy to waft some Extra Strength Ol' Romanian over its bows.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

[Snigger]

{Throws soft pillow, which just misses Pigwidgeon.} [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A note of thanks to all you working on Ship II. Greatly appreciated.
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ditto.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
A note of thanks to all you working on Ship II. Greatly appreciated.

If we're counting ...

First, there was a print magazine

Second, online with discussion boards on Neoworks. With evolution of the boards from a single unmoderated board to appointing hosts and developing the different boards more or less as we have them now.

Third, new discussion forum using UBB. With one significant upgrade to a newer version of UBB. Leading to where we are now. Church of Fools spin off.

Fourth, the current upgrade to new software for magazine and boards.

So Ship IV may be more accurate.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
I'm just worried that I'll be out of town and out of touch when the new Ship finally launches. Can we get any estimate of the probable date?

Soon and very soon.

I'm sure we'll all survive if it launches when you are unavailable for a few days.

--------------------
arse

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

[Snigger]

{Throws soft pillow, which just misses Pigwidgeon.} [Biased]
I'm glad you have bad aim.
[Razz]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I’ve spent a lazy hour or two trawling through my not terribly recent ‘recent’ posts before they go the way of all things. Ah! Memories, memories. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

In Hell, Rook mentioned that the new posting time limit is going to be 300 seconds. Is this true and why?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not only doth no man know the day nor the hour: bear in mind also that one day is as a thousand years, so 300 seconds...

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
I’ve spent a lazy hour or two trawling through my not terribly recent ‘recent’ posts before they go the way of all things. Ah! Memories, memories. [Smile]

Ah, the prophetic Miffy! Was it not you who called into being the wonderful Helmuth Alpenhorn and his Swiss Miss Belles? And then lo and behold, a yodel/rap fusion number at last year's Eurovision!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
In Hell, Rook mentioned that the new posting time limit is going to be 300 seconds. Is this true and why?

I'd like to reference you to the source of the rumour: a known liar and scoundrel. So, probably untrue, and doubtless part of some larger plot to lure good devout folk astray.

But even if it was true, who can guess at the machinations of such esoteric creatures as Admins. Perhaps it was written down as prophecy from the Holy Gator. Perhaps their public testing of the effects of different edit times suggested that it would ease the transition into a new setting. Maybe they're getting soft in their old age. Maybe it's the smallest non-zero option available in the new software. There's simply no way to know.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maybe the gods could send us an oracle.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
I'm sure we'll all survive if it launches when you are unavailable for a few days.

Of course you will. The question is, will I?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Not only doth no man know the day nor the hour: bear in mind also that one day is as a thousand years, so 300 seconds...

I tried to work that out with a proportion, like I used to teach when I taught algebra, but I wasn't sure if the 300 seconds was God's time or our time, so to speak, so I didn't know whether to put it on the top or the bottom of the fraction. At which point I gave up and went back to eating my lunch.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Maybe it's the smallest non-zero option available in the new software.

Hahaha. Yeah, maybe.

I bet you were gutted when you found that.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:

Ah, the prophetic Miffy! Was it not you who called into being the wonderful Helmuth Alpenhorn and his Swiss Miss Belles? And then lo and behold, a yodel/rap fusion number at last year's Eurovision!
It was indeed, Gill! Well- Mr M write the first entry, after which I took up the Helmuth baton. I was about to say ‘began tooting his horn ‘ but I don’t want to get banned just as we’re about to board the new Ship.
[Smile]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Speaking as an occasional visitor I will relish the chance of an equal post count with the most rabidly enthusiastic posters on the ship. I'm sure I will watch them sail off into the sunset leaving me in their new turbo-charged wake shortly thereafter.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you advise where you will be posting a link to the new SHip - ready for registration?
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
Please could you advise where you will be posting a link to the new SHip - ready for registration?]

That will be here in the Styx, and well-flagged.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
That will be here in the Styx, and well-flagged.

Canadian Flag or Jolly Roger?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Maybe it's the smallest non-zero option available in the new software.

Hahaha. Yeah, maybe.

I bet you were gutted when you found that.

Zero is also an option. Piss us off enough and it may well be the one we choose.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nah, I don’t think so. The boards would be as clogged as a Glaswegian chip shop owner’s coronaries with all the second posts people would make to correct the errors of their firsts.

I’m just amused by the idea that you’ll be begrudging us the extra two minutes. Simple things, and all that.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Nah, I don’t think so. The boards would be as clogged as a Glaswegian chip shop owner’s coronaries with all the second posts people would make to correct the errors of their firsts.

Hopefully, the edit feature will remain a thing.

As far as a five-minute gap between postings, that's fine for a particular model of forum usage: if you read a thread, then compose a reply, you can hardly read and then compose a reasonably-thought-out response in less than five minutes.

If what you do is work on a few different threads in parallel: perhaps with multiple tabs, or perhaps composing posts in a text editor, then you may well come to the point when you have three posts on different topics ready to go at the same time. Increasing the timeout is more painful for that model of board use.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

There may be some confusion - edit window versus spam control.

The new Ship will permit editing of posts for up to 300 seconds after posting. Meanwhile, spam control will not hamper posting unless you exceed 5 posts within 60 seconds.

For now. We may alter it.

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
There may be some confusion - edit window versus spam control.

The new Ship will permit editing of posts for up to 300 seconds after posting. Meanwhile, spam control will not hamper posting unless you exceed 5 posts within 60 seconds.

For now. We may alter it.

I was certainly confused. Thanks for the clarification [Biased]
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Admins, keep tweaking at your peril [Razz]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's some wonderful stuff on the site Boogie links to - thanks for brightening a dull day!

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
There's some wonderful stuff on the site Boogie links to - thanks for brightening a dull day!

IJ

The games are excellent too, I recommend Exploding Kittens [Smile]
Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm curious if Dead Horses board will continue and if it's expected that all the topics will continue to canter on toward eternity.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
I'm curious if Dead Horses board will continue and if it's expected that all the topics will continue to canter on toward eternity.

There will be a Dead Horses board on the New Ship. The same rules and topics will apply. But we’re not copying any threads across, so you lucky lot get to start all the arguments over from scratch!

I pity the Hosts. We’ll have to double their grog allowance for the first few months...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:

There will be a Dead Horses board on the New Ship. The same rules and topics will apply. But we’re not copying any threads across, so you lucky lot get to start all the arguments over from scratch!

I pity the Hosts. We’ll have to double their grog allowance for the first few months...

Thanks to Christmas, I am overstocked with gin. You are welcome. Or perhaps I could indulge in my hostly share from my stock. Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray and Hendricks.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Shipmates will have to cope with groggy Hosts [Eek!]

No change there.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That would be something of a turnaround.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I do hope the high level of sarcasm will survive the move to the new ship - I do enjoy the message on preview post. [Smile]

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sarcasm? Here?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Never! IIACW after all.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
Sarcasm? Here?

I am shocked -- SHOCKED! !

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:

Shipmates will have to cope with groggy Hosts [Eek!]

No change there.

Grog ---> Groggy.

Hadn't realised that before.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Every day's a school day [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016