homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » The Laugh Judgment   » In the bar

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: In the bar
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joke submitted by dave, Mike:

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi walk into a bar.

The bartender says, "What is this, a joke?"

[ 12. August 2005, 17:19: Message edited by: Simon ]

Poll information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 53 user(s) have voted.
You can't view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard a variant on this that begins: "An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman walk into a bar..."

I thought it was funny. It plays very well on the cliched opening line.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice. Mildly amusing. Nothing offensive.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Atmospheric Skull

Antlered Bone-Visage
# 4513

- Posted      Profile for Atmospheric Skull   Email Atmospheric Skull   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mildly funny the first time you hear it. It's not in any sense a religious joke, though.

--------------------
Surrealistic Mystic.

Posts: 371 | From: Bristol, UK | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wm Duncan

Buoy tender
# 3021

- Posted      Profile for Wm Duncan   Email Wm Duncan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atmospheric Skull:
Mildly funny the first time you hear it. It's not in any sense a religious joke, though.

No, but it's a religious joke joke.

--------------------
I have overcome a fiercely anti-Catholic upbringing in order to attend Mass simply and solely to escape Protestant guitars. Why am I here? Who gave these nice Catholics guitars?
-- Annie Dillard

Posts: 1193 | From: about 30 km above the Juan de Fuca plate | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016