homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » 777: Bid here!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: 777: Bid here!
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Membership number: 777
Catalogue entry: click here

[ 18. August 2005, 10:50: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lot 13... and a fabulous item which has never been used. Now, who would like to open the bidding war for us? A heavenly number and a heavenly starting price to match: $10. Do I hear $10...?

[ 18. August 2005, 10:57: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$10 here

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$11

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$15.

Curious

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$16

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$20

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$25
Posts: 1205 | From: Toronto-ish | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

$27

--------------------

Wairua

Shipmate
# 3912

- Posted      Profile for Wairua   Email Wairua   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wonder how lucky all these 7's can be since they ended up as Lot No.13
All the same I think they are still worth $35

Posts: 709 | From: aotearoa | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think of 13 as a lucky number- making this worth at least $40
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$45

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$48

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

$55
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Numerological perfection going cheap here! 777 is the number of God, according to numerology. It's also the number of a big honkin' plane from Boeing.

Who'll make it $60? Or do I hear $77?

Remember, it's all for the Ship!

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[subtle motion with index finger]
$60

[Still a week to go, dear Auctioneer, don't fret]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Not Too Bad
Shipmate
# 8770

- Posted      Profile for Not Too Bad   Email Not Too Bad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$62

--------------------
Suppose we have only dreamed and made up these things like sun, sky, stars, and moon, and Aslan himself. In that case, it seems to me that the made-up things are a good deal better than the real ones

Posts: 779 | From: Norfolk | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$65
[And I've run out of auction gestures]

Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

$68
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

$70

[I'm just bidding so that the Auctioneer doesn't get stressed]

Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

$72

Let him get stew, Coot... auctioneer is nowhere near as anxious as Mr. Took at this point.
[Angel]

"You bid how much? On a WHAT?"

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:
[I'm just bidding so that the Auctioneer doesn't get stressed]

Thanks! (The Auctioneer is experiencing enough stress deciphering the equations on the Peanut Gallery thread.)

Fool of a Took, surely Mr. Took has at one time or another made some silly purchase costing well in excess of US$72. Perhaps this is the time to remind him of that? [Biased]

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

$73

[Cats on appro for medical experiments with same organisation as Glimmer's child]

Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

Fine.

$77 then.

mumble mumble mumble feed my kids beans and rice mumble mumble mumble power turned off mumble mumble mumble

Not Too Bad
Shipmate
# 8770

- Posted      Profile for Not Too Bad   Email Not Too Bad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$80

--------------------
Suppose we have only dreamed and made up these things like sun, sky, stars, and moon, and Aslan himself. In that case, it seems to me that the made-up things are a good deal better than the real ones

Posts: 779 | From: Norfolk | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

$80 is Not Too Bad at all, but perhaps someone will be $85 for this fine number. Do I hear $85?
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post 
$100

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

<hammer falls>

The winning bid on this thread was for $100 by iGeek. You can make your payment on this page...

http://shipoffools.com/Products/auctions/cc_payment.html

Please note your Lot number (13) as you'll need to enter it into the payment form. Thanks for supporting the ship! If you wish to transfer your board identity to this number, please post on the Winners! thread and we'll arrange your move in the next seven days.

And thanks to everyone else who took part in bidding on this thread. If you'd like to give to the Organ Fund anyway, here's the link...

http://shipoffools.com/Organ/options.html

Thanks!

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016