homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » The Peanut Gallery (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Peanut Gallery
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah shame. We had a ship meet you know, so I could not be there to snag a bargain.

Never mind. I will send you some money anyhow.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pānts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pānts*   Author's homepage   Email Pānts*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What I go out for, I could've left it at a lower bid. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A proposal - all losing bidders to donate half of their highest bid to the ship anyway as a matter of goodwill.

Anyone care to join me in this?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demas*
Shipmate
# 7147

- Posted      Profile for Demas*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well that was all very unexpected. I thought someone would be sure to come in and beat me to the punch [Paranoid]

I guess I'm now part of the ship's nouveau riche... I must remember to be vulgar and ostentatious at all possible opportunities [Cool]

--------------------
Hamburger (note beetroot, pineapple, bacon and egg)

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Love the new banner BTW. [Overused] [Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pānts:
What I go out for, I could've left it at a lower bid. [Disappointed]

Hhhmph - I would've gazumped ya - but we hasd people over for dinner and I didn't get back to the puter in time. [Roll Eyes] [Waterworks]

Congratulations - I think 999 is a very fine #.

[ETA that I will be making a loser's contribution asap - when I've found my as usual lost wallet. [Disappointed] ]

[ 03. September 2005, 11:50: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gordon Cheng

a child on sydney harbour
# 8895

- Posted      Profile for Gordon Cheng     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The banner is great. I'm trying to think who that android looks like.

--------------------
Latest on blog: those were the days...; throwing up; clerical abuse; biddulph on child care

Posts: 4392 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooo, looks like some member numbers weren't permanently deleted after all... [Big Grin]

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Little Miss Methodist

Ship's Diplomat
# 1000

- Posted      Profile for Little Miss Methodist   Author's homepage   Email Little Miss Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes, I noticed that.

Well, actually I noticed the starred name first on the recent visitors list, and naturally investigated further.

Then I felt all smug about noticing. Then I realised that I read this earlier when going through the directory (as you do). So then I felt silly for not noticing then.

Gosh, this afternoon has been a roller coaster of emotion. [Biased]

LMM

[ 08. September 2005, 18:53: Message edited by: Little Miss Methodist ]

--------------------
Tell me where you learned the magic,
The spell you used the day you made me fall....

Posts: 1628 | From: Caretaker of the Overlook Hotel | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To show that I am not a bad loser, I have made a donation to TOF. But... when will we be able to donate in €s? [Confused]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will make a loser's contribution when I get my paycheck. Not before, though.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
Oooo, looks like some member numbers weren't permanently deleted after all... [Big Grin]

Paul W

Nice of them to let him have a low number eventually. I suppose that some day someone will change the links in "Who's What" to reflect this (and pease's shiny old number as well).

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I'd love to know what the reserve price would be on #5 if it ever came up.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016