homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » Winners! What do you want to do?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Winners! What do you want to do?
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would the winners of the Lots please post here to say what they would like to do with their new membership numbers? If you want to move into your new identity, it can be arranged in the next seven days. If you'd prefer to discuss things privately, please PM the auctioneer.

P.S. This thread is open for everyone to post on.

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations to all the winners!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, yeah...I'm taking my new number!!!

I've been very fond of my 1059, and often wondered what 3-digit number I would have had if I'd joined instead of just lurking for a while.

Tell me honestly... jj spins around slowly... does the 333 look good on me? It doesn't make me look fat, does it?

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What shall I do with my precioussss....

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like the new number. Use my existing avatar and strapline.

What happens to my saved pm's when I move?

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like my new number, please.

I'd also like to "buy" my current avatar (e.g. take it out of circulation). While I have also been thinking of clever tag lines, "Shipmate" is an honorable title and one I would like to keep for the time being.

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Little Miss Methodist*

Ship's Diplomat
# 4367

- Posted      Profile for Little Miss Methodist*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ummm...

I have no idea what I want to do. I didn't really expect to win tbh.

Can I have a bit of a think about it, and let you know?

LMM

--------------------
Past the point of no return,
The final threshold.
The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn.
We've passed the point of no return.

Posts: 873 | From: Member number 1000! | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having successfully defended England's world cup glory, I'm not sure I want to revel in it.

Referring to a conversation between Coot and Simon on the "rules" thread:

quote:
Coot: I'd like to bid for a number higher than my present, but don't want to xfer to it if I'm the successful bidder. (Would like to have it marked as owned by me, with a suitably atmospheric nick , but would not use it). Is that able to be done?
quote:
Simon: Yes, all of that's fine, Coot. If you win a number, you can then decide which one you'll "live in", and you can decorate the other one to your heart's content!
So I might either follow this route or, if an interested person fancies it I might donate it. Conditions are, of course, that that person may not be German. Or anything else other than English really. And should be reasonably interested in footy. And preferably have been alive when the glorious event occurred. So, if anyone is up for it speak now, or I'll do a Coot.

JtW.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, I've just read Pegasus's injury time appeal on the bidding thread. I'll get in touch with him/her.
pćse
Tech Admin
# 8791

- Posted      Profile for pćse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGeek.:
What happens to my saved pm's when I move?

It isn't practical to move your PMs (or buddy & ignore lists) to the new number, so the plan is to copy your identity across to the new number, change the name on your old number slightly so that it's possible to tell them apart, and leave both open for a few days so you can tidy up, after which the old number will be retired (to post no more).

We'll get in touch with the winners (those who are moving) with more details.

Bonaventura*
Shipmate
# 5561

- Posted      Profile for Bonaventura*   Email Bonaventura*   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like my new number. Can I change my title at the same time?

Best,

--------------------
So lovers of wine drink up! The Beloved has lifted his red glass. And paradise cannot be, now, far away. -Hafëz

Posts: 252 | From: Et in Arcadia requiesco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel as though I ought to donate my new, extremely low 2-digit number (It's much lower that jlg's. Do you realize that?) to the deserving poor, but frankly I'm not that spiritually evolved. So I'll just go ahead and use it myself if you don't mind. Is it possible to animate it and make it flash in a vulgar and ostentatious manner?

As to my avatar and title, I hardly think they can be improved upon, being perfect already.

Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Little Miss Methodist:
Ummm...

I have no idea what I want to do. I didn't really expect to win tbh.

LMM

Wat she said.

When do we have to let you know by?

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bonaventura:
I would like my new number. Can I change my title at the same time?

Yes, of course.
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Is it possible to animate it and make it flash in a vulgar and ostentatious manner?

As you will doubtless be relieved to hear, no.
quote:
Originally posted by Little Miss Methodist:

Absolutely.
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
When do we have to let you know by?

Whenever you like.
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to know who our most excellent Auctioneer is. And when we can bid on his/her number. [Devil]

Congrats to all the winners!

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Is it possible to animate it and make it flash in a vulgar and ostentatious manner?

As you will doubtless be relieved to hear, no.
How much do we have to raise to make Sine's avatar flashy and vulgar in the most ostentatious manner imagineable? [Snigger]

Only joking. Congratulations guys...

[ 02. September 2005, 16:20: Message edited by: ferijen ]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I found Sine's avatar. By googling "Noel Coward", which seemed most appropriate in the circumstances. I think it is from a poster for Blythe Spirit IIRC. I am delighted to hear that he thinks it is "perfect"....

[ 02. September 2005, 17:12: Message edited by: welsh dragon ]

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul Mason
Shipmate
# 7562

- Posted      Profile for Paul Mason   Email Paul Mason       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to use my new number and go back to being 'LatePaul' for my display name.

I've also got a custom avatar and title lined up - now should I wait until the other changes go through or fill in the form now?

--------------------
Now posting as LatePaul

Posts: 452 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just peeking in from Shore Leave to congratulate winners.

Congratulations!

(scurries back to RL)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Mason:
I'd like to use my new number and go back to being 'LatePaul' for my display name.

I've also got a custom avatar and title lined up - now should I wait until the other changes go through or fill in the form now?

Paul: we'll make all the changes in one go. Someone will be in touch with you by email early next week to ask you for your new avatar and title.
Procrastinus

Ship's Fortean
# 9915

- Posted      Profile for Procrastinus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] Can't believe I won [Big Grin]

Definitely want to use my number - will be having a think about whether I want to go with a matching strapline and avatar. We stick with the same name is that right ? Or is a full identity change a possibility ?

Happy Prock [Yipee]

--------------------
Dare to be wise; begin.

Posts: 198 | From: Imaginary Future | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Best Wishes to the winners!

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cranmer's baggage*
Shipmate
# 4937

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage*   Email Cranmer's baggage*   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm looking forward to using my number, and would also like to acquire the avatar that accompanied it in the auction.

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 729 | From: the antipodes | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

A full identity change is fine, Procrastinus, and you can have the avatar of your choice, Cranmer, including the one provided in the auction. It's all part of the service. [Smile]

[ 03. September 2005, 10:40: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

I am donating my fine new number to Pegasus. It deserves to remain in England. Pegasus assures me he/she will make a suitable donation to the Organ Fund in appreciation.

Cheers,

Jonah.

Pegasus*
Shipmate
# 5779

- Posted      Profile for Pegasus*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, Jonah!

I have a fine new number to celebrate an England victory today! [Yipee] (Could I have the avatar as well please, oh gods of the auction room? Ta.)

I'll be sending a donation be cheque for the amount I belatedly bid (in GB pounds). Would you like a note with it confirming that it is I, Pegasus, sending it?

PS: I'm a she.

--------------------
Not a Proper Christian™

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

quote:
Originally posted by Pegasus:
I'll be sending a donation be cheque for the amount I belatedly bid (in GB pounds). Would you like a note with it confirming that it is I, Pegasus, sending it?

Yes, please include a note, Pegasus. And of course you can have the avatar.
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats to the winners. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pegasus*
Shipmate
# 5779

- Posted      Profile for Pegasus*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The cheque is now in the post.

--------------------
Not a Proper Christian™

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've paid.

I'd like to keep my custom avatar, change the strap line to "Ubi caritas et amor", and I'll definitely take 2^8, when you're ready, please.

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I've got my avatar sorted, but I'm struggling for a new title. Perhaps I should ask Pyx_e for some suggestions?

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Again"

"... and again"

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Little Miss Methodist*

Ship's Diplomat
# 4367

- Posted      Profile for Little Miss Methodist*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, i've had a bit of a think...

I'd like to swap to my new number please, but i'd like to keep everything else about my identity the same, 'cause I really love my avatar and title.

Hope thats ok. Sorry it's taken me so long to decide.

LMM

--------------------
Past the point of no return,
The final threshold.
The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn.
We've passed the point of no return.

Posts: 873 | From: Member number 1000! | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Procrastinus

Ship's Fortean
# 9915

- Posted      Profile for Procrastinus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to be all shiny and new ! [Yipee]

I'm not sure what happens to our old identities - put away, now, like the foolish things of youth.

But I shall cherish the fantasy that Procrastinus is not gone, merely intending to get around to posting that comment tomorrow ...

[ 07. September 2005, 23:39: Message edited by: Procrastinus ]

--------------------
Dare to be wise; begin.

Posts: 198 | From: Imaginary Future | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<----Oooh! Look!<-----

[Big Grin] I feel so spiffy now!

Have to give credit to Daughter-Unit's BF for fixing up my WooHoo new avatar! [Yipee]

<jj does the Jedi Happy Dance ™ again>

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016