homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » Winners - read on... (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Winners - read on...
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool JB! [Big Grin] It'll be like having the 4th of July all year!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
So this is what the "new" JB looks like?

*salutes*

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Umm, I've come up with a really catchy strapline that I think dovetails nicely with my new num.

Any chance in getting the strapline changed? Ok, if not. I'm just not quick on my feet at times.

Cool, Demas. Envious, am I. Thanks for the opportunity.

JB, you stir up a scrap of patriotic emotion.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry. One last post under the old identity. Just curious about post counts.

ETA: cool!

[ 12. September 2005, 23:01: Message edited by: iGeek.* ]

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Oh look![....] Worth every penny. So much lower than Jen's.[...]

Yes, but you'll always know that yours came from trade and mine came from having been there at the time.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
So this is what the "new" JB looks like?

JB without his horse? This will take some getting used to.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGeek.:
Umm, I've come up with a really catchy strapline that I think dovetails nicely with my new num.

Any chance in getting the strapline changed? Ok, if not. I'm just not quick on my feet at times.

umm... I think I said this somewhere before but I'd like a different strapline (one in fitting with my new number) as well. I had to try the new one on for size [Biased] ) so I'm hoping it's not too late as well. [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal]
quote:
JB, you stir up a scrap of patriotic emotion.
more than a scrap here.

Charlotte (due on the Fourth of July)

--------------------
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
iGeek and Amazing Grace... PM me to say what title you'd like.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
quote:
Oh look![....] Worth every penny. So much lower than Jen's.[...]

Yes, but you'll always know that yours came from trade and mine came from having been there at the time.
I'm Ok with that. I'm pretty good at creating my own alternate reality, believe me.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When do our old accounts cease to be active?

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good point - it *has* been a few days now - we'll do it tomorrow (Friday).

So ... last chance to check your PMs (then disable them), see what happens with your post count and leave a forwarding address somewhere in your profile.

We'll be round tomorrow to collect the keys.

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodbye, dear little 1143.

I'll miss you. [Frown]

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This feels somewhat like Eliot and ET must have felt when they separated. [Frown]

MJS (<-) has been with me for a long time. And 1059 has been with me for ages! But, I love the New Me™!

Hugs and kisses, y'all!

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And here I am doing the twirly-thing. How do I look? Robes on straight? No tag sticking out at the neck, right?

OK, ready to party!!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:
Good point - it *has* been a few days now - we'll do it tomorrow (Friday).

So ... last chance to check your PMs (then disable them), see what happens with your post count and leave a forwarding address somewhere in your profile.

We'll be round tomorrow to collect the keys.

I just cleaned out my pms ... wow, was that a trip down memory lane.

I saved the one that Kelly wrote me when I first posted on the ship for last [Axe murder] .

Charlotte

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwww! [Axe murder]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
Goodbye, dear little 1143.

I'll miss you. [Frown]

Indeed. I wonder when Simon will sell it off?

1143 is, after all, the date when Afonso Henrique was recognized as the King of Portugal by the Castilian king, Alfonso VII, Celestine II became Pope and St Malachy issued his famous prophecy about the number of Popes left before the end of the world.

While according to timeline 1143, Abraham Lincoln went for a post mortem trip.

[ 16. September 2005, 08:38: Message edited by: Duo Seraphim ]

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<jangling of keys>

'Tis done.

Goodbye, goodbye! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Duo Seraphim:
1143 is, after all, the date when Afonso Henrique was recognized as the King of Portugal by the Castilian king, Alfonso VII.

The foundation of Portugal in that year is an event I commemorate, frequently, with a glass of the appropriate tipple. [Smile]

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:
<jangling of keys>

'Tis done.

Goodbye, goodbye! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Does that mean we can log in without the 2?

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Forget that, just tried, and no!

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

I left myself logged in on the old account overnight and got sort of a scary message when I just clicked in this morning ...

*waves goodbye*

Charlotte

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your new title suits you, Charlotte.

b.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

I was feeling a little bit odd about it because, while I have been a part of many denominations in my life, I've never been a Looteran.

But, hey, I'm rolling with it. [Biased]

Charlotte

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I correct that if any of us with new numbers are on people's buddy list, they need to update their list?

I seem to be missing a PM.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Am I correct that if any of us with new numbers are on people's buddy list, they need to update their list?

Yes.
quote:
I seem to be missing a PM.
Ah - I've unlocked your old number so you can go and have a look for it.
Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Note to all with (shiny) new numbers - even though your previous identity is now locked, people will still be able to send it PMs *unless* you set "Allow others to send you private messages" to "No" under you profile preferences...

Anyone else need to borrow the keys?

Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Done. Thanks, Pease.

I wondered why nobody liked me any more. Was it something I said?

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

Perish the thought!

#3631 is locked back up.

Cranmer's baggage

Ship's Opinionated Dame
# 1662

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage   Email Cranmer's baggage   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal] I thought I had everything sorted, so stopped checking this thread. Clean forgot about moving PMs and making sure no more go to old identity. [Help]

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 1537 | From: the apple isle | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

That's quite all right.

#4937 re-opened for rummaging...

Cranmer's baggage

Ship's Opinionated Dame
# 1662

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage   Email Cranmer's baggage   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Pease.
Housekeeping now finished, duster shaken over balcony, door closed quietly behind me.

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 1537 | From: the apple isle | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Erm Pease, please can I do those things which I should've done too please! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I failed to set that particular option as well. Apologies.
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

No problem.

As one door closes, another two open:
#4937 locked again
#4487 & #3207 now unlocked

Amazing how quickly the cobwebs start appearing...

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

Thank you kindly. Sorted.
jedijudy

# 333

Pease, may I please also finish up that little bit of business? [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

OK - #1059 open.
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Done. Thank you. You 're a very nice man )or woman). A very very nice man (or womam). [Smile]

--------------------

Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pease:
OK - #1059 open.

Me too please pease.

--------------------
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

jedijudy

# 333

<jj bows humbly to honorable pease...>

Thank you! I think I'm all moved out, now. [Tear]

Now...on to the rest of my life!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

And the latest:
#3251 open
#4487, #3207 & #1059 locked

This avatar's called noah, but I think it looks like St Peter...

Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

quote:
And the latest:
#3251 open
#4487, #3207 & #1059 locked

This avatar's called noah, but I think it looks like St Peter...

Very nice too, pease. Thanks - I've made the change.

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

Thank you - #3251 locked again.

<twirls keys round finger>

Any more for any more?

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Note to all with (shiny) new numbers - even though your previous identity is now locked, people will still be able to send it PMs *unless* you set "Allow others to send you private messages" to "No" under you profile preferences...

Anyone else need to borrow the keys?

Sorry, I was away. Can you reactivate 396 again for a bit starting on Saturday?
Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

OK. #396 is open once more.
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Done. Everybody say goodbye to the horse.

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

*sniffle* I'm gonna miss your horse, JB. *sniffle*
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

Yep.

Charlotte

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

The stable door is closed.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016