homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » Winners - read on... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Winners - read on...
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very good custom title, Demas: whoever suggested it? [Biased] [Roll Eyes]

Y'all look very fine and fabulous. [Overused]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demas
Ship's Deserter
# 24

- Posted      Profile for Demas     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh er, [Hot and Hormonal] Sorry, forgot to thank you. Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
They did not appear very religious; that is, they were not melancholy; and I therefore suspected they had not much piety - Life of Rev John Murray

Posts: 1894 | From: Thessalonica | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cranmer's baggage

Ship's Opinionated Dame
# 1662

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage   Email Cranmer's baggage   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the new look. Most elegant, methinks.

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 1537 | From: the apple isle | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elegant indeed, CB!

And I was only stirring, Demas. I'm honoured my suggestion was worthy. [Cool]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is gonna be a bit confusing for anyone who looks at the directory sorted by post count. There are two Sines and two Pants on page 1 alone.

Oh, and it also means that I've been relegated to page 2 [Mad]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pegasus

Shipmate
# 1966

- Posted      Profile for Pegasus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There aren't any Northern Irish people on the Ship are their?

Everyone looks very fine in their new numbers (though not as fine as me, obviously), though I must say I'm suprised that Sine has decided to join we vulgar nouveau rich, who, with our ostentatious displays of our flashily low numbers make it all too obvious that we have bought them rather than being bred up in them.

[spelling]

[ 09. September 2005, 09:54: Message edited by: Pegasus ]

Posts: 1207 | From: Ruritania | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pegasus:
I'm suprised that Sine has decided to join we vulgar nouveau rich

quote:
A little vulgarity is like a dash of paprika; it’s not bad taste I’m against, it’s no taste! -Diana Vreeland

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pegasus, you look splendid in your new football strip, but did you have to mention Northern Ireland?
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
[Gort stares with admiration at all the cool new avatars and numbers!] [Overused]

And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my "(jedi) Knights-in-Shining-Armor" who made it possible to sport this spiffy new 333! [Overused] [Axe murder]

(I will reveal their identities only if given permission.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My next dilemma is whether I should change my avatar in line with the seasonal liturgical colours. Do you suppose Simon would mind sorting out new avatars on Christmas Eve?

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't wait for Christmas. How about a nice seasonal autumn colour instead?
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And then my avatar could drop off entirely?

It wouldn't only be Christmas, there would be changes for All Saints and Advent, but Christmas Eve might just be a bit of a busy time for our esteemed Captain. [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
It wouldn't only be Christmas, there would be changes for All Saints and Advent, but Christmas Eve might just be a bit of a busy time for our esteemed Captain. [Biased]

Does that mean he is father christmas?
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

quote:
Originally posted by sophs:
quote:

Old, "cuddly" and bearded? Surely not!

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
This is gonna be a bit confusing for anyone who looks at the directory sorted by post count. There are two Sines and two Pants on page 1 alone.

Oh, and it also means that I've been relegated to page 2 [Mad]

[Big Grin]

Does that make our post counts twice as many!?! [Eek!]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sophs:
quote:

Old, "cuddly" and bearded? Surely not!
I think I should take the fifth at this point...
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sophs you are not old.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sophs is one of the ship's least old people IIRC.

Heck, I'm 28 and I am not old unless your asking a 14 year old.

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Little Miss Methodist

Ship's Diplomat
# 1000

- Posted      Profile for Little Miss Methodist   Author's homepage   Email Little Miss Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm, anyone else felt more inclined to post since they got their new number?

I've probably notched up ten or so posts since I swapped yesterday, which is pretty impressive for me.

Not sure if that meas i'm showing off my new number and giving it an airing on various boards, or if it's just been a bad day for work. [brick wall]

Either way, i'm getting used to seeing the different number now, and will admit to feeling slightly smug about it each time.

LatePaul, I especially like your title - goes well with the name! Love that film (and bought the video today, strangely enough).

Chapelhead - maybe you should have a plain black avatar, cassock like. That way you are correctly dressed for every liturgical season, and for funerals too. [Biased]

LMM

--------------------
Tell me where you learned the magic,
The spell you used the day you made me fall....

Posts: 1628 | From: Caretaker of the Overlook Hotel | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

quote:
Originally posted by Little Miss Methodist:
Chapelhead - maybe you should have a plain black avatar, cassock like. That way you are correctly dressed for every liturgical season, and for funerals too. [Biased]

I thought of a completely black avatar - it has great appeal. But in the end I thought that it might look too much like an error, with the avatar space replaced by blank blackness.

Perhaps I will yet go for it, though.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I thought of a completely black avatar - it has great appeal. But in the end I thought that it might look too much like an error, with the avatar space replaced by blank blackness.

Perhaps I will yet go for it, though.

You could have a little row of buttons down the middle and some discreet piping round the edge ...

Or you could just have an image of a cassock

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And then my avatar could drop off entirely?

You'll need a nice rose one for Laetare Sunday, too.

b.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Oh look!

3631 has gone to 66. It's like virtual liposuction. What a gloriously, vulgarly, ostentatiously LOW number. Worth every penny. So much lower than Jen's.

And so close to 666. Very appropriate, I'd say.

It's very nouveau bas, my dear. But perhaps after another 10,000 posts you might get invited to the fashionable parties of the old low numbers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pegasus

Shipmate
# 1966

- Posted      Profile for Pegasus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
Pegasus, you look splendid in your new football strip,

Thank you!
quote:
but did you have to mention Northern Ireland?
Well, I thought I would before anyone else did!

[Preview post is my friend]

[ 09. September 2005, 20:50: Message edited by: Pegasus ]

Posts: 1207 | From: Ruritania | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
perhaps after another 10,000 posts you might get invited to the fashionable parties of the old low numbers. [Big Grin]

I know how dull the entertainments of le gratin can be, believe me. Here are a few hints from Elsa Maxwell to liven things up.
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy Moley. What is that? Nuclear Neon Green?

It hurts.

Posts: 2619 | From: Now On | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Umm...now that I've had a chance to actually try on my nice new number ... would it be too late to get a custom title of "High Church Protestant"? [Hot and Hormonal]

Somehow it just seems to fit. [Big Grin]

Charlotte (knocking on the door ...)

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So this is what the "new" JB looks like?

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool JB! [Big Grin] It'll be like having the 4th of July all year!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JB:

*salutes*

Charlotte

--------------------
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Umm, I've come up with a really catchy strapline that I think dovetails nicely with my new num.

Any chance in getting the strapline changed? Ok, if not. I'm just not quick on my feet at times.

Cool, Demas. Envious, am I. Thanks for the opportunity.

JB, you stir up a scrap of patriotic emotion.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry. One last post under the old identity. Just curious about post counts.

ETA: cool!

[ 12. September 2005, 23:01: Message edited by: iGeek.* ]

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh look![....] Worth every penny. So much lower than Jen's.[...]

Yes, but you'll always know that yours came from trade and mine came from having been there at the time.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JB:

JB without his horse? This will take some getting used to.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

quote:
Originally posted by iGeek.:
Umm, I've come up with a really catchy strapline that I think dovetails nicely with my new num.

Any chance in getting the strapline changed? Ok, if not. I'm just not quick on my feet at times.

umm... I think I said this somewhere before but I'd like a different strapline (one in fitting with my new number) as well. I had to try the new one on for size [Biased] ) so I'm hoping it's not too late as well. [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal]
quote:
JB, you stir up a scrap of patriotic emotion.
more than a scrap here.

Charlotte (due on the Fourth of July)

--------------------

Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
iGeek and Amazing Grace... PM me to say what title you'd like.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
quote:
Oh look![....] Worth every penny. So much lower than Jen's.[...]

Yes, but you'll always know that yours came from trade and mine came from having been there at the time.
I'm Ok with that. I'm pretty good at creating my own alternate reality, believe me.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When do our old accounts cease to be active?

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good point - it *has* been a few days now - we'll do it tomorrow (Friday).

So ... last chance to check your PMs (then disable them), see what happens with your post count and leave a forwarding address somewhere in your profile.

We'll be round tomorrow to collect the keys.

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

Goodbye, dear little 1143.

I'll miss you. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This feels somewhat like Eliot and ET must have felt when they separated. [Frown]

MJS (<-) has been with me for a long time. And 1059 has been with me for ages! But, I love the New Me™!

Hugs and kisses, y'all!

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

And here I am doing the twirly-thing. How do I look? Robes on straight? No tag sticking out at the neck, right?

OK, ready to party!!

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:
Good point - it *has* been a few days now - we'll do it tomorrow (Friday).

So ... last chance to check your PMs (then disable them), see what happens with your post count and leave a forwarding address somewhere in your profile.

We'll be round tomorrow to collect the keys.

I just cleaned out my pms ... wow, was that a trip down memory lane.

I saved the one that Kelly wrote me when I first posted on the ship for last [Axe murder] .

Charlotte

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwww! [Axe murder]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Goodbye, dear little 1143.

I'll miss you. [Frown]

Indeed. I wonder when Simon will sell it off?

1143 is, after all, the date when Afonso Henrique was recognized as the King of Portugal by the Castilian king, Alfonso VII, Celestine II became Pope and St Malachy issued his famous prophecy about the number of Popes left before the end of the world.

While according to timeline 1143, Abraham Lincoln went for a post mortem trip.

[ 16. September 2005, 08:38: Message edited by: Duo Seraphim ]

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<jangling of keys>

'Tis done.

Goodbye, goodbye! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Chapelhead

I am
# 21

quote:
Originally posted by Duo Seraphim:
1143 is, after all, the date when Afonso Henrique was recognized as the King of Portugal by the Castilian king, Alfonso VII.

The foundation of Portugal in that year is an event I commemorate, frequently, with a glass of the appropriate tipple. [Smile]

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:
<jangling of keys>

'Tis done.

Goodbye, goodbye! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Does that mean we can log in without the 2?

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Forget that, just tried, and no!

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

I left myself logged in on the old account overnight and got sort of a scary message when I just clicked in this morning ...

*waves goodbye*

Charlotte

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016