homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » The Da Vinci Code   » Who could object to a little advertising?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Who could object to a little advertising?
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There have been disagreements over the siting of a poster promoting the film.

How's this for masterly understatement?
quote:
He said: "This movie is not reputed to be particularly appreciated by ecclesiastic circles."

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And how's this for spin-doctoring?

quote:
The removal of the poster is the latest attack on Dan Brown's work by Catholic Church officials.
Oh, aye?

And I suppose that the posting of the poster (on a church, no less!) was no kind of an attack on the church. Or more correctly, on Good Taste.

[Projectile]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Couldn't they find any other prominent place in the whole city of Rome to put that poster besides a church?!

Sheeeeeessshhh! Talk about throwing down the gauntlet!

That was a direct insult to the RC Church.

If people want to write books and make films, okay. We should have the free exchange of ideas. But we also have to respect each other.

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016