homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » The Da Vinci Code   » Gratuitous references to DVC

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Gratuitous references to DVC
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, I saw a magazine offering:

The Da Vinci Code Diet

I laughed out loud. Are there other bizarre references? (Note, I don't include travel agencies offering DVC tours in this.)

DVC chewing gum? Official black light flashlights?

[ 29. May 2006, 16:31: Message edited by: Louise ]

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're eating right by the Da Vinci Code now you can exercise with the Da Vinci Fitness Code. When you have mysteriously recovered your health and proper weight, you will be ready to take on Da Vinci Code - The Video Game
quote:
Get into the story that’s sweeping the globe! A deep and detailed puzzle epic, The Da Vinci Code game serves as a prequel to the events that take place in the movie. By solving a series of match-three puzzles in two different modes, you’ll inch ever closer to solving one of the greatest mysteries known to mankind!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This review of the da Vinci code game is quite scathing. At the end it describes the bugs that are present in the game and recommends that the bugs can be fixed by not playing the game.

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
koffshun
Shipmate
# 11227

- Posted      Profile for koffshun   Email koffshun   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was at a talk by Melvin Bragg in Brighton last week on "12 books that Changed the World", which he recently released.

It was excellent: thoughtful, engaging and from the onset clear that this list was not definitive. At the end he took questions, which were mostly a chance for the great and good in their pashminas on the south coast to demonstrate how little they listened.

However, there was one question by a guy which went on about 'canon' and 'did Melvin feel he had inadvertently subjected himself to an unspoken one' and 'had he noticed a trend in such as we can see from The Da Vinci Code'? (Bragg answered this with "I'm not sure what you're asking")

I was so angry! It had been an excellent talk with lots of academic merit and some idiot in the back row decided to bring TDVC into it. WHY??

Posts: 127 | From: south of england | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Archimandrite
Shipmate
# 3997

- Posted      Profile for Archimandrite   Author's homepage   Email Archimandrite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Completely weak sermon on Sunday. One of at least three preached on the same theme in this city that day.

For goodness' sake: we just want a nice, non-heretical exposition of the readings, a bit of complicated theology and a quotation from Herbert, Traherne or RS Thomas to round it off. We don't need "...the Da Vinci Code is full of mystery and intrigue..." but, really, you know, "...the Christian story is much more interesting." No shit, Sherlock: we know that; that's why we're sitting in church instead of being in bed or playing croquet.

--------------------
"Loyal Anglican" (Warning: General Synod may differ).

Posts: 1580 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Honest John
Shipmate
# 11457

- Posted      Profile for Honest John   Email Honest John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was your minister actually concerned that some might leave the church to join soem kind of DVC sect?

--------------------
'Remember this and mark it well; he who is not one up is one down'
Alister Sim

Posts: 100 | From: Liverpool | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In today's Sunday Mail (Queensland), there is an article in the home renovations section headed "The Real Da Vinci Code", in which they reason as follows:
1. Da stands for Development Application
2. Code is obvious
3. Vinci is Italian for 'You win'

So, clearly you need to work out the code in your local building regulations in order for your building plans to be approved.

Very amusing and creative. I intend to cut it out and keep this one.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016