homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » WW in UK 4 - India Club, Wednesday 16th May (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: WW in UK 4 - India Club, Wednesday 16th May
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm really sorry I'm not going to be able to make it now - off to visit family member in hospital after an emergency operation. But all seems ok now. Have a great time Wodders... hope to catch you next time!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I wish....

Have a great evening everyone!

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Verger:
No more takers?

Reservation confirmed - one big table at 6.30 in the restaurant, although as WW wants an early night I think some of us will be convening in the bar from 6.00pm. The reservation is in the name of SHIPMATE.

A meal from the set menu is £14 a head. The chap said it is a "good deal".

And as previously mentioned, the restaurant is not licenced but you can bring your own, either from the bar or from "Tesco or whatever".

NOTE: CASH ONLY - NO CARDS!
Location map and contact details.

Thank you! I'll pop into the cash point on my way there. See you all shortly

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the process of gorging yourselves now, then?

[Big Grin]

Hi to everyone!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just ordered still waiting for you! Spike in particular says hi. Everyone pleased to hear from you! Here comes the food now....
Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have a good time everybody - wish I was there! [Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got home. Great evening with lovely food and even better company.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jealous!! Glad you had a great time though.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely to see everyone and thank you all for donating the extra money from dinner to my lunatic sponsored cycle ride!

the page is here and the latest donation is £20 from "Ship of Fools" [Smile]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that was fun - great people, fabulous food ... Am totally stuffed though.

Thank you WW and Pete for the chilli powder.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well that was fun.

Bit pisht now. We were on our way out and then some certain Baptists suggested one last drink which turned into two. Well M & I did have our birthdays to drink to.

Fab to see Wodders surrounded by Shippies. Do wish he'd brought some of the Indian heat over though.

Big thanks to Deputy Verger for booking and sorting out the bill paying.

[ 16. May 2012, 22:47: Message edited by: Yangtze ]

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, lovely evening everyone. Sorry to lead you astray, Yangtze, I don't recall very much opposition...

Oh and happy birthday!

Lovely to meet you, Wodders, and thanks for the chilli powder - I understand I owe thanks to PeteC too. And I add my thanks to Deputy Verger for organising everything.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, thanks to Deputy Verger for the booking, etc., thanks to you all for coming and making it a memorable evening and thanks to the lovely waiter who looked after us so well. It was great to see an old friend [Yangtze] and to meet the rest of you. Happy Birthday belatedly to M. and today to Yangtze. Lovely to see Moonlitdoor as well.

I got on to the station in time to see my train disappearing so had to wait another 30 minutes but it is a very good service.

Off to see Pingu, I hope, today.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

I got on to the station in time to see my train disappearing so had to wait another 30 minutes but it is a very good service.

Off to see Pingu, I hope, today.

Running would be dangerous at your age and weight. [Big Grin]

Give Herself a hug from me. Also the Smudgelet.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been told to look out for a strange man in a ridiculous green hat.... I think I may forget to take my glasses. [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Photos - it was nice meeting Welease Woderick and seeing everyone else again. I think I've included reasonably nice pictures of everyone there.

[ 18. May 2012, 05:35: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice pics. Particularly like the one of Mr M / Macarius. And the ones of the guest of honour.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Yangtze:
Nice pics. Particularly like the one of Mr M / Macarius. And the ones of the guest of honour.

That porcine old guy at the head of the table? [Biased]

--------------------

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely pics - especially the "Guest of Honour" one. Sorry I couldn't make any of these meets.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like the photos, Curiousity Killed. Thanks for posting them.

[ 18. May 2012, 20:04: Message edited by: Gussie ]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And it was really nice there and the pictures show how good it was. I was sad to have to leave a bit early, even though it was "essential" for me...

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We all left very soon after, daisymay, as I has a train to catch.

Thanks for the photos CK.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016