homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Creative Meet UK - to be arranged

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Creative Meet UK - to be arranged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We did it last year (I think that's the forth one). It was quite good fun. We could do it again this year, the questions are:
Where?
When?
What?
How?
And will you be there?

The basic premis being that we get together and be creative (in what ever way you want) while having a good time. Over to you...

[ 28. March 2012, 19:17: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about coming to Guernsey? [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about here ? Choice of camping or real beds, lots of lovely places nearby.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We were thinking some time around Easter holidays.
(Could this be the Wight meet substitute?)

--------------------

holly

Mine's a double
# 689

- Posted      Profile for holly   Author's homepage   Email holly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dont really get on the ship anymore apart from occasional lurking but will try and keep and eye on the progress of this meet.

holly x

--------------------
If i had a million dollars. Id buy you some art (a Picasso or a Garfunkel)

Posts: 733 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Ok, a quick explaination for those who've never done this before.

You don't need to be a talented artist, just be willing to have a go at being creative. We've had poets, painters, seemstresses, child activities, photographers, model makers, bbq'ers (that's being creative with food!) and general hangers on who want a good day out.

So, if you are remotely curious about spending some RL time with some people, and having fun, then please post! I like the sound of your campsite Pants, btw.

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Possibly.
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Cool. Any ideas of dates?

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've missed this becuase my home computer has died. Replacement is purchased but no time to install it yet.

Of course you could come to us again in Derby. We are away 9 -23rd June but apart from obligations for Holy Week and Easter we are free. Also a curate I know has her day off on most Saturdays now.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm very interested in joining you all this year - Annie P suggested around Easter - how about the weekend after Easter? The weekend before will still have it's foot in March and I can't get my head around camping so early (although of course even in April it's been known to snow, even on a Wightmeet).

quote:
Originally posted by Pants:
What about here ? Choice of camping or real beds, lots of lovely places nearby.

Ooo - looks good. Did I see the words "zip" and "wire"?

Might it also be worth considering booking a Youth Hostel for just us (if we can find one that is still available for the date we decide on). Some of them have bedrooms with lower numbers of beds (rather than just dormitories) For example, Leominster and Gradbach

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We would be willing to host this again on that weekend - 14th and 15th April with the main bit including barbeque on Saturday 14th April.

Once again we can provide accomodation - last year 5 adults and 3 children. We also don't charge for use of the vicarage.
As a reminder this where we live.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And it was great fun last year...I still look at the photographs I took on that date and smile!
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Easter seems to be a bit early for camping for most of us.
Can we have some feedback about Darley Abbey (Derby) again?

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd come again! (Could only manage the Saturday though)
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Feed back regarding Derby? It was very good fun, and yes, I think we all enjoyed it. I'm sure that we could find more things to do there. (The river was very nice to sit beside). So, yes, there's no reason why we can't do Derby again.

At the moment though, there needs to be more interest about the weekend for it to happen. Come on shippies! Come and be creative together!

I'll post some photos of artist meets from the past to wet your appetite.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of last years ship meet photos.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Possibly the most perfect Shipmeet photo of me you will ever see!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Derby could be fun - offspring is now living conveniently close with spare bed (Sandiacre) - she might even want to come with a camera - but I need to consult. She is actually a registered shipmate

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Can we put Saturday 14 April in our diary for Derby then?

We can provide space for doing art in - if the weathers good again we can use the garden. Last year Annie and Auntie Doris did a really good barbeque.
We are looking to see what's on and arty in Derby that weekend, found so far - this for children. this is 10 mins in car from us. Also at the same place a photography exhibition.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Cool - I wanna be a superhero!
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

That sounds good Geroff. I think my lot would very much enjoy going to QUAD and it's good for everyone if it's wet. If it's fine, I can pack them off there, while I do some painting.

The date's good for us, so to drum up some interest, then please could some nice hosty person could put 14th April in the title. Thank you!

Would be lovely to see as many people as possible. I don't mind doing a bit more cooking and stuff. Might even make pavlova or something chocolaty. We can be creative with food too!

--------------------

Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Actually, was wondering if the name "Artists Meet" is putting people off? Please could we rename it "Creative Meet - 14th April" and see if it draws (sorry for the pun) a bit more interest.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can arrange that. Thanks for composing it [Biased]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And for those of us not creative Derby are playing Middlesbrough!! That's real art!

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

At Derby we hope....

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

I assume that as we now have a date we can confirm that it is at the same venue as last year, ie our clergy house.
Also if anyone wants to stay please PM me.
I will get some suggestions for other accomodation sorted out soon - probably post them at the weekend.
Note that we are 10 minutes drive from the railway station, there is a bus service from there and taxis.

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

The Derby - Middlesborough match is in Derby.

At the moment this meet consists:

Annie P, Tom plus 3 kids
Geroff and Rosa Gallica Officianalis
St Everilid.

This is still in the Easter school holidays.
There is a historic pub , a park, the 1700s mill on the Derwent and a water buffalo.
We will do a barbecue or other group meal in the early evening. There is still some space to stay in our house and I have just checked that the nearest Premier Inn is doing a £34 deal that night - if its not full of Middlesboro supporters that is.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My accommodation may be unavailable so I'm a probable maybe

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Could a passing host change the title of this meet again to 'Creative Meet, Derby 14th April' please?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope how I have done it is acceptable.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jante
Shipmate
# 9163

- Posted      Profile for Jante   Email Jante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would love to have come but will be up to my eyes indissertation writing. perhaps next year when I will be local!

--------------------
My blog http://vicarfactorycalling.blogspot.com/

Posts: 535 | From: deepest derbyshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Kick! If you fancy meeting up and being creative or otherwise, then do register your interest. The food will be good! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

Due to the lack of interest for this, (perhaps due to the dates), then we're going to pospone it to some time in May. If you 're interested in doing a creative meet, but the dates didn't fit, then please post your interest.

Please could a host change the title to "Creative Meet UK - to be arranged". Thank you.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For sure. Edited.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Yes, but think cost would prohibit.

--------------------

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have been watching this thread but haven't been online much. Will look out for the new date.
I'm not around for the Sat of May 26th returning from London after seeing Chelsea Flower show on the Fri .

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Any further thoughts on this?
Masha
Shipmate
# 10098

- Posted      Profile for Masha   Email Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might be up for it.

Depending on the where and the when!

I couldn't make last year's at short notice and was miffed to miss out. Looks like you all had a good time. Brill picture Annie P, I know that river well.

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to come, depending on when/where [Smile]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

We have just looked at our diary.
We can make Saturday 7th July. - That is if you still want to come here that is.

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016