homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What is your earworm today? (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What is your earworm today?
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep replaying a couple of lines from 'Puppet on a String' by Sandy Shaw in my head. I have no idea why - I haven't heard it in years. maybe it's because she was on Mastermind last night.

[Smile]

What is your earworm today?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na, baby give it up, give it up, baby give it up.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got "50 words for snow" by Kate Bush for Christmas, and have had bits from the song "Wild Man" stuck in my head for days.

Only Kate Bush could make these lines an earworm:
"While crossing the Lhakpa-La something jumped down from the rock
In the remote Garo Hills by Dipu Marak we found footprints in the snow."

I want to be Kate Bush when I grow up. [Yipee]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A facebook copycat thing at the moment is googling the number 1 from the week you were born. My current earworm is the result of clicking on the wrong link... and now I'm stuck with the first line of "needles and pins". I can't even remember how it goes on from there, so it's even more irritating than your standard earworm.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
''Plane Crash" by Liam Finn (if only because he managed to include a reference to a pohutakawa)

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Marriage of Figaro, I watched Trading Places last night for a bit of 80s nostalgia (and some JLC boobage of course).
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lou Reed and Metallica - Iced Honey.

The end bit with James Hetfield singing, "See if the ice will melt for you," whilst Reed sings, "Iced honey" has been stuck for the last two days.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got along without you babe before I met you,
Gonna get along without you now...

Doesn't help that I wrote my own third and fourth lines to the song, where 'cow' rhymes with 'now.'
The original simply repeats the first two lines endlessly, kinda like a praise song.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Merry Widow.

Its actually rather nice [Smile]

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Super Trouper - probably because of watching (or rather, being in the same room with) Mamma Mia on the TV the other day.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had Dar Williams' Iowa stuck in my head all week, thanks to the ceaseless coverage of the Iowa caucuses.

Fortunately, it's a brilliant song.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tom Lehrer's So Long, Mom, I'm Off To Drop the Bomb.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Hurricane by Beast.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had 'Set fire to the Third Bar' by Snow Patrol going round in my head all week, following my Son & his fiancee working on their wedding play list.

Fortunately, I love this song.

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I want to walk as a child of the light, I want to follow Jesus."

It has been there for about a week now. No idea what started it. Nice song, but I am getting a bit tired of it.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
I've had 'Set fire to the Third Bar' by Snow Patrol going round in my head all week...

Ooh, like it! My earworm for the last couple of days has been Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie. They don't make pop music like that these days... /Old git

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Poppy

Ship's dancing cat
# 2000

- Posted      Profile for Poppy   Email Poppy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Balkan folk song 'Opinca' which has very unusual rhythms now firmly stuck in my head. here it is on youtube

--------------------
At the still point of the turning world - there the dance is...

Posts: 1406 | From: mostly on the edge | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marv, thank you for handing yours off to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
Got along without you babe before I met you,
Gonna get along without you now...

Dude, my mom goes around humming this one all the time!

[ 06. January 2012, 18:32: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This club can't even handle me right now . . .

From this version, specifically the crescendo at 1:39, which is beyond awesome, even when it turns into an earworm.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been listening (and listening and listening) to Alan Pote's "Here I Am, Lord" in my poor head for days. It's not even the current choir singing, but one from about eighteen years ago.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christmas songs. This morning on the way to work it was Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of earworms tonight from BBC4, starting at 9pm... with TOTP 1977 starting up...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Slackers "You Must Be Good" ... for that you can sleep at night; You must be good, for that your momma can hold you tight; And you can't be bad (be bad), or the devil will git ya! So you must be good, you must be good, don't let'em trick ya"

I have no idea why it popped into my head -- I haven't done anything wrong lately!

Posts: 547 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got about one line and a bit of instrumental (possible on a glockenspiel) from Gotye's "Somebody that I used to Know" stuck in my head. And yes the line is "somebody that I used to know". I think it's because a top 100 countdown of Australian 2012 hits was on TV at the party I attended NYE and this was number one. I hadn't even heard it before that.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
LucyP
Shipmate
# 10476

- Posted      Profile for LucyP     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At work I regularly encounter people with the Chinese surname "Lai" -most recently yesterday.

Every time, I get the chorus from Simon & Garfunkel's "The Boxer" playing in my head for the next couple of days.

I pronounce the surname "Ly" the same way as "Lai", but so far the 2 letter spelling never seems to have set off the earworm!

Posts: 235 | From: my sanctuary | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had Ravel's fecking 'Bolero' on the loop in my head this morning and then folks were stupid enough to ask me why I am in a fecking lousy mood. Three hours of that would distroy anyone's attempts at optimism.

I finally got rid of Ravel about noon and got the Geogeghan Sisters 'The Siege of Wexford' instead, which was an improvement but did nothing to lift my mood. The Chieftain's 'Nelson's Pillar' or 'Johnson's Motor Car' might have, but I got a song about a massacre instead. Oh well!

PD

[ 07. January 2012, 03:21: Message edited by: PD ]

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Darkwing
Shipmate
# 16207

- Posted      Profile for Darkwing     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tristan, by Failotron - a celebratory chiptune anthem.

--------------------
"Science was my most favorite subject, especially the Old Testament!"
- Kenneth, 30 Rock

Posts: 161 | From: NW Oregon, USA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'In the Lord I'll be ever thankful' - a Taize chant which we are singing on Sunday and therefore rehearsed on Friday evening. It's one of those tunes which goes roundandroundandroundandround. But in my version, it's the repetitive alto line as that's the one I had to learn.

If something has to go round and round in my head, though, that is one of the better ones.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

- Posted      Profile for georgiaboy   Email georgiaboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Almost any Taizé song is likely to become an earworm.
Thankfully, mine (today) is a cut from Berlioz' L'Enfance du Christ. I was listening to it last night (a performance posted on YouTube; can't remember who it was), and the instrumental trio for harp and flutes was what I found in my brain when I awoke this morning. Nice!

--------------------
You can't retire from a calling.

Posts: 1675 | From: saint meinrad, IN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have "Des Colores" running through my poor wee brain this afternoon. And since I can never remember all the words, its more like the first line, some la la la's and then the fourth line. Grrrrr

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Birdseye potato wa-ffles, they're waffley versatile."
It's a tune from an advert. A very old advert. And it will not go. Am envious of some of your ear-worms.
TG

--------------------
Floating Fund!

Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A short Grieg piano piece. [Smile]

It's nice to have something I like that doesn't get annoying too quickly.

Does anyone else get word earworms as well as music earworms? Short passages from books or things like that? I pretty much always have a tune but sometimes I have an unrelated chunk of text as well; when I reach a word I'm not sure of, it kind of sets off a warning which makes me realise the passage is there in my head, and then the ambiguous word bothers me till I can check what it is. (this often takes a long time as I don't have an iphone or Kindle or anything)

Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"It's your thing. Do what you wanna do. I can't tell you who to sock it to!" by ? a black woman singer...

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy O'Furniture:
"It's your thing. Do what you wanna do. I can't tell you who to sock it to!" by ? a black woman singer...

or the Isley Brothers maybe or did someone else cover it?
it's your thing

[Fixed link]

[ 08. January 2012, 20:54: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

Posts: 547 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
A facebook copycat thing at the moment is googling the number 1 from the week you were born ...

For that reason I've got The Young Ones by Cliff Richard and the Shadows ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pancho
Shipmate
# 13533

- Posted      Profile for Pancho   Author's homepage   Email Pancho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nickel:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy O'Furniture:

or the Isley Brothers maybe or did someone else cover it?
it's your thing

Salt-n-Pepa borrowed the chorus for one of their tracks. The evidence:"Shake Your Thang".

I got The Beatles' "Paperback Writer" on my mind because of that "Is Tolkien a Hack Writer?" thread.

--------------------
“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’"

Posts: 1988 | From: Alta California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today had a better start as I had 'Ye who own the faith of Jesus' going round and round my turnip. It is rather a jolly tune, though the way I felt this morning after midnight capers from the dogs, the Dead March from Saul would have been more fitting [Big Grin]

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Situation no win...rush for a change in atmospheeeerre.."- Big Audio Dynamite

Heard it on a station that plays retro 80's/90's stuff and I've been stuck on it! Love that song!

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na, baby give it up, give it up, baby give it up.

KC and The Sunshine Band! The King of catchy songs! [Smile]

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glen Campbell, 'Wichita Lineman'

This since a game of YouTube Jukebox played with relies in Ireland on Boxing (or, indeed, Steven's) day. House full of 9 kids - age 4-16 - and 8 adults - 40-50. Everyone gets to choose a song, and by the wonders of youtube, everyone else has to listen to it and watch the video.

Great fun and a voyage of mutual discovery for all - even the teenagers stayed engaged. But who on earth dug out the piles and piles of old music videos / live footage of obscure tracks, which must have been rotting on VHS in a million cupboards-under-the-stairs the world over, and bothered to digitise and upload it all?

(Yes, I know, it's late to be wondering why anyone buys records (CDs) anymore...)

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Aelred of Rievaulx
Shipmate
# 16860

- Posted      Profile for Aelred of Rievaulx   Email Aelred of Rievaulx   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lo, star-led chiefs by
Dr Crotch

Well, it is Epiphany!

And in our cathedral we do tend to overdose on "How brighly shines" this Sunday (Chorale as introit, Cornelius Three Kings, and then the chorale as congregational hymn) so no doubt I shall be thinking of that all week as well. Grrrr.

--------------------
In friendship are joined honor and charm, truth and joy, sweetness and good-will, affection and action. And all these take their beginning from Christ, advance through Christ, and are perfected in Christ.

Posts: 136 | From: English Midlands | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:
Does anyone else get word earworms as well as music earworms? Short passages from books or things like that?

Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I frequently get a couple of stanzas of John Brown's Body by Stephen Vincent Benet stuck in my head. If you think folks look at you oddly when you wander around singing to yourself, you should see the looks you get when you wander around reciting poetry to yourself.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Wise men say only fools rush in..." It's been on my mind, on and off, for weeks. I thought Harry and Aliona dancing the American Smooth to it was one of the loveliest things I've seen in a while. [Axe murder]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Myrrh is mine,
it's bitter perfume
breathes a life
of gathering gloom..." from the carol "We three Kings of Orient are"

No idea why, its not my favourite carol and I'm fed up with it...it'll hang around all week, I expect.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My earworm now is very similar - it's the interlude between verses of 'We three kings' (Common Praise version).

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eat this bread and never hunger... - a communion hymn we sang this morning. I really like it but it does have a habit of getting stuck in your head.

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After being used on Dancing On Ice I can't seem to get Walk this way by Run DMC and Aerosmith out of my head.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can see I am not the only one singing:

Star of wonder, star of night, star of royal beauty bright, westward leading, still proceeding... guide us to thy perfect light

over and over and over... [Help]

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I went to see Mozart's Don Giovanni earlier this year, I had snippets of that opera running through my brain for weeks. I've sung this opera in the past, so it's easy for the music to get stuck in my head.

I recently went to see Puccini's Madama Butterfly, which I also sang in the past, so snatches of that have been singing in my brain.

In between operatic earworms, I have had other musical intrusions on my consciousness, also.

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, now that I've been to church and done a bit of Proper Singing™, I've got rid of Cliff Richard (no offence) and now I've got Where riches is everlastingly by Peter Warlock and the Nunc Dimittis from Sumsion in G.

That's better. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016