homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What is your earworm today? (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What is your earworm today?
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(snerk) [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I have 'It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas' seguing into a strange mixture of 'The Impossible Dream' and the Thunderbirds theme tune.

I'm not sure I can survive this with (what's left of) my sanity intact.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Burgess Shale
Apprentice
# 4452

- Posted      Profile for Burgess Shale   Email Burgess Shale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kids with Guns, by Gorillaz.

This is my first post in about seven years, by the way. No, really.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"We're having dried dog dung for dinner -- your favorite!"

- Pigwidgeon

Posts: 39 | From: Wo sich Fuchs und Hase gute Nacht sagen | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back sir!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Burgess Shale
Apprentice
# 4452

- Posted      Profile for Burgess Shale   Email Burgess Shale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ta muchly!

--------------------
"We're having dried dog dung for dinner -- your favorite!"

- Pigwidgeon

Posts: 39 | From: Wo sich Fuchs und Hase gute Nacht sagen | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Burgess Shale:
Kids with Guns, by Gorillaz.

This is my first post in about seven years, by the way. No, really.

[Big Grin]

Great name, and kickass song.

Argh. Now I got it.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Burgess Shale:
Ta muchly!

That's twice [Biased]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

An addict is born. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Courtesy of A Certain Host in All Saints, I've got the theme from Dr. Finlay's Casebook running through my head.

Thank you very much Wodders ... [Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Connie Evingson "Si Tu Savais".

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I grew up singing "Little Boxes" and was delighted when I ran across this version a couple of days ago.

Was pleased.

Make. It. Stop.

. . . theresagreenoneannapinkoneannablueoneannayellowone....

[ 07. April 2012, 00:51: Message edited by: Meg the Red ]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hey! did you know that song was inspired by my home town?

And they really do look like little boxes. I hate Doelger homes.

--------------------

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kelly, that's really cool - I had always thought it referred to Levittown.

I wonder, though, how the lyrics need to be updated for the McMansion era: Great big boxes? Hulking boxes? Or as a once I heard an aging hippie call them, "mausoleums"? [Devil]

At any rate, it would need to include a new verse about play groups, granite countertops and "man caves".

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's always good when a song of quality come around as an earworm. Today it's Up on the roof by the Drifters.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where on Earth did I get the theme music from 633 Squadron? I haven't seen the movie for over 40 years!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Such a judge of blue and white and other kinds of pottery from early oriental down to modern terracotary...

G&S have a lot to answer for, especially the first act finale of Patience. Sixteen minutes of almost constant clashing words and varying time signatures. This earworm is affecting my brain!

Cattyish, chorus girl.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh. Today's earworm is "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns 'n' Roses. I actually like the music, especially Slash's guitar parts but the lyrics are dreadful. Who finds comfort in some girl's HAIR??!!

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
Today I have 'It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas' seguing into a strange mixture of 'The Impossible Dream' and the Thunderbirds theme tune.

I'm not sure I can survive this with (what's left of) my sanity intact.

Dear sweet Jesus! That DOES sound bad! My sympathies, sir, or madam!

--------------------

art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paddy your post reminded me of this: Sweet

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Give My Regards to Broadway". As sung by Ethel Merman. Erp.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by art dunce:
Paddy your post reminded me of this: Sweet

Oh My God!
[Yipee]

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memories of a song we used to sing in Primary School came flooding back today:

'At Easter time the lilies fair,
And lovely flowers bloom everywhere,
At Easter time, At Easter time,
How glad the world at Easter time.'

I did look on Google to see if I could find the tune, so I could share this wonderful earworm with you all, but the only one they had was the wrong tune. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had this incredibly frustrating hour this arvo when my ear worm went
quote:
I closed my eyes
drew back the curtain
then I knew for certain
da de dah dah dee

It was like one falling boot.

Eventually Kuruman rescued me.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

Gotyes: "Somebody That I Used To Know". Great, great, great song but it's been stuck in my head for TWO days!!!!

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Songs I sing in the shower and go on mindlessly humming all bloody Monday

Joan Osborne singing One of Us

What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Tryin' to make his way home?

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Paddy O'Furniture:
Gotyes: "Somebody That I Used To Know". Great, great, great song but it's been stuck in my head for TWO days!!!!

(Sigh)

Gotyes looks like Truffaut.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today - with an inch of rain forecast, howling winds and skies that make you feel you're living under a Tupperware container - I can't dislodge Morecambe and Wise's 'Bring me sunshine' [Smile]

Mrs. S, wondering if it's too late to take up hibernation?

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

"Ai Se Eu Te Pego"

For those unfamiliar.

I listen to a lot of Latino radio to keep up with my Spanish. This has been all over the airwaves for the past few months. I'd wondered what weird dialect it was. [Big Grin]

[ 25. April 2012, 21:46: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

His stuff is infectious. I saw him in concert last Wednesday, and that little tinkling xylophone is still pattering itself out in my brain tonight. Dee dee, duh duh, duhduhdeeduhduh....

[ 26. April 2012, 04:44: Message edited by: infinite_monkey ]

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yeah, his stuff is simple and produced with a light hand-- refreshing to hear nowadays.

And he looks like Truffaut, which makes him dreamy. [Biased]

--------------------

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Just watched the video last night, and I want it on my MP3 next. It is a great song. Just added "We Found Love" by Rianna -- very catchy song, but I don't like the video.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh , I gotta thing about Rhianna, too. (And I love that song.) Which is weird because I am becoming more and more "done" with club music, but Rhianna keeps sliding under the wire for me.

"Hopeless Place" is so aggressively clubby it winds up being impeccable.

--------------------

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It must be that hint of electronica that sucks us in, Kelly. [Smile]

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For some reason I was fighting a loosing battle with Wotan's monologue from Act II of Die Walkure this afternoon. This is interesting on two counts.

1. I have not heard it in a couple of years

2. It isn't usual earworm Wagner - the overtures to Rienzi, Tannhauser or Die Meistersinger are far more likely to get in my mental tape,

The oddest earworm I had recently was the finale of Mahler's Symphony No. 2 - but that's kind of heavenly, so I did not mind.

PD

P.S. No fecking Bolero since the last time I grumbled about it [Big Grin]

[ 26. April 2012, 06:56: Message edited by: PD ]

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The convention centre was playing something with nonsense lyrics by Lady Gaga over the PA system: it was almost tolerable until an idiot male colleague did his own reprise! Please, city and production companies - play vintage and good rock and roll or be silent!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I listened to Brahms's Haydn Variations yesterday.

Yep. Still in my head. Going round and round and round and ...

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
...I can't dislodge Morecambe and Wise's 'Bring me sunshine' [Smile]

Mrs. S, wondering if it's too late to take up hibernation?

Oddly enough, they are coming up on the radio just when I originally wrote this!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which coloured house are we going to - for much of today.
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can you see all the different coloured houses/ sitting by the sea
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

Sisters of Mercy Leonard Cohen

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Due completely to the fault of our head chorister: Leap up and down wave your knickers in the air, and the spitting image chicken song. Trouble is I've now got them intertwined in my brain. One minute it's 'Leap up and down wave a chicken in the air' and the next minute it's 'Hold your knickers in the air, stick a deckchair up your nose', neither of which are conducive to serious thought.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Due completely to the fault of our head chorister: Leap up and down wave your knickers in the air, and the spitting image chicken song. Trouble is I've now got them intertwined in my brain. One minute it's 'Leap up and down wave a chicken in the air' and the next minute it's 'Hold your knickers in the air, stick a deckchair up your nose', neither of which are conducive to serious thought.

OK, now we know what you're doing - but what's your earworm?

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
The convention centre was playing something with nonsense lyrics by Lady Gaga over the PA system: it was almost tolerable until an idiot male colleague did his own reprise! Please, city and production companies - play vintage and good rock and roll or be silent!

Hmmm - probably Bad Romance.
And that one's been overdone by bad X Factor contestants - as evidenced here.

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

I've got TWO ear worms alternating through my brain. One is "Zooropa" by U2 which is quite a cool tune and I don't mind it so much. The other, however... "Kung Fu Fighting" by ? Stupid song and it needs to be replaced with something better. "Everybody was kung fu fighting!"

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

"Them kids was fast as lighting..." Carl Douglas, hun, and I'm sorry but it's a COOL song. I always picture Sandra Oh singing it while she mops the floor in "Double Happiness." Nice voice, she has.

But here's something to purge it with.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is, as far as I am aware, the end of April - this impression is confirmed by both Ship-time and my mobile phone network.

Why then do I have The First Nowell... going round my brain?

...and am I early or late?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Noteven
Apprentice
# 17073

- Posted      Profile for Noteven   Email Noteven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My brain is stuck on a lovely ode to the foot-pound.
Posts: 6 | From: not so deserted desert | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

weirdly I've had Harry Chapin's "songs without words" on my ear for several days - weird, because of Harry Chapin songs it's probably the one I know least.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, with Top Of The Pops 1977 repeats running and Pick of the Pops (Radio 2, hosted by Tony Blackburn) bisecting on 1977 - 2 weeks ahead of the TOTP rerun, this one come up again.

Well, Good Morning Judge, how are you today...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trailor Choir's "Rockin' the Beer Gut".
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016