homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What is your earworm today? (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What is your earworm today?
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apocalyptica "Nothing Else Matters"

(with a nod to Kseniya Simonova)

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't got one today, thankfully, but yesterday it was, of all things,'The Ferret Song' by John Cleese and the Loving Pruneful, from 'I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again'.

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A very loud and complex four-part "Amen", and I can't think what it's from or who it's by! It seems to be in F minor, which should narrow down the options as it's not a very common key for choral works. [Confused]
Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:
A very loud and complex four-part "Amen", and I can't think what it's from or who it's by! It seems to be in F minor, which should narrow down the options as it's not a very common key for choral works. [Confused]

Except at Christmastime! [Biased]

I've had 'This Little Light of Mine' going round and round the brain for the last few days.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After making my previous post, the inevitable happened: 'The Ferret Song' ferretted its way back into my brain. D'oh! [brick wall]

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:

It's an omen [Paranoid]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found it! It's the end of Mendelssohn's "O Heiland Reich".
I'm trying really hard to reattach the Mendelssohn earworm, as earlier this evening my daughter sneakily implanted "Go, go, go on Artaban" from an interminable musical version from the legend of the Fourth Wise Man. I have no idea who it's by and I don't know most of the words. It is seriously annoying!

Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
I had this incredibly frustrating hour this arvo when my ear worm went
quote:
I closed my eyes
drew back the curtain
then I knew for certain
da de dah dah dee

It was like one falling boot.

Eventually Kuruman rescued me.

Was that as in "ZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAP" THEN FALLING BOOT?
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Mad Rush" from Philip Glass' complete organ works. The story of why is too complex to go into right now.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so jealous of your earworms, which mostly sound lovely. Today all day, for no discernible reason AT ALL, my earworm has been Cliff Richard's 'Mistletoe and Wine'. Just shoot me now, make it stop! [brick wall]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am currently on day four of an attack of Bach's 'Passacaglia in C minor.' A piece I am very fond of but has a depressing tendancy to earworm on me. I thought I was over it briefly yesterday as I had a dose of "The Wedge" instead, but it was back this morning.

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And that little post just kicked in a round of Joe Jackson's "Passacaglia / A Bud and a Slice" from the underrated album, "Heaven and Hell."

Jackie-- Yours inspired both pity and hilarity, I'm afraid. That is so fucked up. [Snigger]

[ 23. May 2012, 22:16: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beethoven's Cavatina, since hearing it for the first time in years on BBC Radio 3 yesterday.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ELO's Mr Blue Sky.

I'm learning it for Rock Choir - it's going round and round.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

I can sometimes get rid of earworms by singing Abba's 'Dancing Queen' to myself. It usually gets rid of it, without becoming an earworm in its turn. In the 70s and 80s, I used the Beatles' 'Hey Jude' for the same purpose.

[ 25. May 2012, 06:59: Message edited by: Steve H ]

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bear Necessities is my way of dislodging ear-worms - and if it lodges in their place, at least it cheers you up!

I horrified friends by being able to sing nearly all of it from memory (my little brothers had the LP, Back In The Day when flat black things were the music delivery method of choice - and before we get sidetracked into another thread, no, I don't wish they would make a comeback!)

Is it possible to conflate three threads - this one, Peter God, and the music-making thread? I wondered whether people who actively <practise> music are more prone to getting earworms lodged, for that exact reason. The band (including me) had to do Thanks Peter God on Sunday morning, and it has been stuck ever since despite my best efforts.

Mrs. S, pricking her paws on the prickly pear

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

No earworm this morning! The Passacaglia attack lasted six days! [brick wall]

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
Bear Necessities is my way of dislodging ear-worms - and if it lodges in their place, at least it cheers you up!

What a good idea - I will try it next time an earworm strikes!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016