homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Parson's Handbook, and other liturgical resources (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Parson's Handbook, and other liturgical resources
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I am training curates and acolytes I make use of a useful little book called Readiness and Decency by Fr Roland Palmer SSJE. This is a bit Romish, but gives some wiggle room so that if the celebrant is MOTR in churchmanship he can celebrate Mass and the Offices with moderate ceremonial, if he is Prayer Book Catholic he can do so with fuller ceremonial.

The advantage to R&D form my point of view is that it adapts "Western" Ceremonial to the Book of Common Prayer, not the BCP to Western Ceremonial. The latter is the tendancy of Ritual Notes I am sorry to say.

If they are really interested in the subject I do send them to read the standard works. However, most seminarians and recently ordained clergy are simply interested - at least in the jurisidiction I belong to - of not making asses of themselves at the altar and reading desk. Good liturgical formation seems to be the one thing that seems to have gone by the wayside in most seminaries.

PD

[ 06. May 2012, 14:04: Message edited by: PD ]

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016