homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Evensong, bitch (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Evensong, bitch
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
H'mmm [Confused]
So there'll be no sexism in Hell .

Watch out Mr Devil you are soon to be S/He 'd .

On 2nd thoughts seeing's how you're the bad guy I guess you'll remain a definite 'He'

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doesn't say you CAN'T be sexist, but it does say the general licence to be offensive in Hell doesn't make you immune from attack if you are sexist, racist etc.

This was in answer to SC's defence that he was being 'mindlessly Hellish' in what he said and that calling him on it was somehow against the spirit of the Hell board.

[ 17. June 2012, 22:16: Message edited by: Arrietty ]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
... It's performance art using negative space. [Cool]

Are we then back to "Waiting for Evensong" a la "Waiting for Godot"?

There could be an embryo PhD thesis theme in this somewhere.

Could Evensong's continuing "performance art" be best summarised by correctly intoning the "answer" to all koans "Mu"?

The mind boggles.

But not for long.

[Killing me]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mu Mu

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Hell is a good place for me to let off steam. that is why I come here.

Have you tried breathing into a brown paper bag?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
Mu Mu

Good, but I'm not a Zen Master so cannot certify your obvious enlightenment.

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ach. well, one day, Glass Shopper

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Arrietty:
Doesn't say you CAN'T be sexist, but it does say the general licence to be offensive in Hell doesn't make you immune from attack if you are sexist, racist etc.

This was in answer to SC's defence that he was being 'mindlessly Hellish' in what he said and that calling him on it was somehow against the spirit of the Hell board.

If you value your ass, the last thing you should be in Hell is "mindless". Real hellions are anything but mindless. Vulgar, mean-spirited, critical, creatively nasty, yes, but the brains are definitely in gear.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the long ranger:
quote:
I also never suggested that anyone should be gang raped.

I invited you to correct a typo that suggested Evensong come here so "we might eventually have a proper chance to give Evensong a good fuck". You refused.

Explain to me how that is not a suggestion to gang rape.

It's not, really but what it is is the rapey, sexually charged, belittling rhetoric that some guys fling at women to appear badass.It's exactly the kind of thing ThomasDF would have said. It's a lot like Boom Boom Limbaugh calling that journalist chick a whore-- or wait, he didn't actually SAY that, we all oversensitive people HEARD that.

I don't think it's badass at all.I consider it chickenshit. A master-class hellion is scathing while avoiding chickenshit rhetoric that lowers his/herself.

And Evensong if you're out there reading this, next time you feel like pissing all over a thread for your own entertainment, remember that there are people you are pissing on that will have your back for the important stuff.And pull up our socks.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Think²:
quote:
I did make a suggestion that Evensong is so uptight that she might need be not getting enough.

That is the bit that is sexist, (suggesting someone being gang-raped is in incredibly poor taste regardless of gender), it speaks to a history of the patriarchal explanation and control of female sexuality.
Why the bloody hell do you think only females are uptight when they're not getting enough? I'm male and it sure as hell applies to me.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Think²:
quote:
I did make a suggestion that Evensong is so uptight that she might need be not getting enough.

That is the bit that is sexist, (suggesting someone being gang-raped is in incredibly poor taste regardless of gender), it speaks to a history of the patriarchal explanation and control of female sexuality.
Why the bloody hell do you think only females are uptight when they're not getting enough? I'm male and it sure as hell applies to me.
Well that explains your "From." Thanks.

AtB, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
H'mmm [Confused]

You know, I have heard this kind of thing before and wonder how the hell it started. When the hell did the rumor start that only people who never challenge anything anyone says understand Hell?

You can be as nasty and horrible as you want in Hell. AND people get to say anything they damn well please about it. Fuck that "you're a fluffy bunny if you call people on their shit" shit.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:

Actually it doesn't, but you're not even the first person to make that insinuation.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelley Alves:
quote:
You can be as nasty and horrible as you want in Hell. AND people get to say anything they damn well please about it. Fuck that "you're a fluffy bunny if you call people on their shit" shit.
Yeah! Listen to her- she's a bunny and she ain't fuzzy.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

As an example.

1. Lyda, thank you kindly. [Smile]

2. Lyda, why is it neither you, Amos, Motherboard or anyone on the goddamn planet can seem to spell my name right?

For fuck's sake, it's right up there on my post! [brick wall]

--------------------

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oooh listen to Allie Kelves.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
H'mmm [Confused]

Would you be happy to see racism in hell?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:

Laugh it up, funny man. And keep checking your news feed. You're gonna find a Bay Area item about someone named Kylie Alvarez up in a bell tower picking off random folk with a sniper rifle. And it will be all on your heads.

[ 18. June 2012, 07:35: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
a suitable punishment for Evensong would be being made to sing the 119th Psalm. All of it. In one go.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

Laugh it up, funny man. And keep checking your news feed. You're gonna find a Bay Area item about someone named Kylie Alvarez up in a bell tower picking off random folk with a sniper rifle. And it will be all on your heads.
Kylie was quoted saying "I don't like sundaes."

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(Holy Moses.) On YouTube!

[Crosspost. Keep laughing, Pyx,]

[ 18. June 2012, 07:41: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
a suitable punishment for Evensong would be being made to sing the 119th Psalm. All of it. In one go.

Is she allowed to breathe?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

I always assumed she breathed out of her ass as she seems to use it for thinking too*.

AtB, Pyx_e

*sarky I miss you

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

the Bunney wit a ax:
quote:
2. Lyda, why is it neither you, Amos, Motherboard or anyone on the goddamn planet can seem to spell my name right?
It's after midnight and I've taken my meds. Give me a break.

But thanks for not spelling mine "Lydia".

--------------------

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

- Posted      Profile for the long ranger   Email the long ranger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Pricks_e

--------------------
"..into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth,” “But Rabbi, how can this happen for those who have no teeth?”
"..If some have no teeth, then teeth will be provided.”

Justinian
Shipmate
# 5357

- Posted      Profile for Justinian   Email Justinian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We've seen plenty of threads that aren't about Evensong that have been about Evensong. But is this a first on the Ship? A thread about Evensong that isn't about Evensong? [Yipee]

--------------------
My real name consists of just four letters, but in billions of combinations.

Eudaimonaic Laughter - my blog.

Posts: 3926 | From: The Sea Coast of Bohemia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, if we're on names, before I close this thread, why the ever-living fuck does everyone spell Motherboarde (as in ye olde) without the E? It's right there above her avatar.

Now give me a good reason I shouldn't send this thread to where it belongs. Which ain't here.

eta: Although I do love the idea of Evensong singing the 119th Psalm in one go. (That's the one that goes on and on and on, right?)

You're evil Chorister. I like that. Come back, soon, eh?

[ 18. June 2012, 10:19: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
quote:

Pricks_e
I will let this pass IF you can honestly (hand on heart, hope to die) tell me you know (without Google) what a Pyx is. You protty assgoblin.

All the Best, Pyx_e

--------------------

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

- Posted      Profile for the long ranger   Email the long ranger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pricks_e
I will let this pass IF you can honestly (hand on heart, hope to die) tell me you know (without Google) what a Pyx is. You protty assgoblin.

All the Best, Pyx_e

No idea, I was just calling you names. Pixie is a form of fairy.

Does it mean 'complete tosser'?

--------------------
"..into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth,” “But Rabbi, how can this happen for those who have no teeth?”

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

Ignorant AND delighting in ignorance. Such a winning combo.

--------------------

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

Delighting in ignorance of pointless religious paraphernalia? Absolutely.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Google and Wikipedia are your friends.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

I also have the ability to use search engines, Tortuf, but yon pyx_e arsewipe specifically said I wasn't allowed to.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wasn't trying to dis anyone.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:

Actually it doesn't, but you're not even the first person to make that insinuation.
Thankyou, I'm here all week.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Sounds to me like you already know what it is - ie religious paraphernalia.

Not pointless though. That's you. You're also witless.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:

Sounds to me like you already know what it is - ie religious paraphernalia.

Not pointless though. That's you. You're also witless.

Only because I looked it up. You're right, I'm also witless, lacking in imagination and creativity.

Oh no, that's you.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooh you bitch.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
Ooh you bitch.

[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Long ranger, you really ought to work on posting with less rage and contempt. We're all friends here. Even in hell- even mealy-mouthed smart asses like me.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If this thread is going to be about names, could it be at least partly about the long ranger's name?

One day, the long ranger and his faithful sidekick, Tongto were riding across the Montana plains. Abruptly, Tongto reined in, stepped out of the saddle, held up his hand for silence, then pressed his ear against the ground.
A few moments later, Tongto proclaimed,"Buffalo come!"
"That's amazing, Tongto, how did you determine that?" the long ranger asked.
"Face sticky!" came the reply.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
Long ranger, you really ought to work on posting with less rage and contempt. We're all friends here. Even in hell- even mealy-mouthed smart asses like me.

You ought to go back to where you belong - the unemotional and logical place that exists solely in your own imagination. And clearly is not a place where God happens to visit - given that it is not a place that actually exists.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow. May 2012 is telling August 2002 where to go.

Impressive in a reverse sort of way.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
If this thread is going to be about names, could it be at least partly about the long ranger's name?

One day, the long ranger and his faithful sidekick, Tongto were riding across the Montana plains. Abruptly, Tongto reined in, stepped out of the saddle, held up his hand for silence, then pressed his ear against the ground.
A few moments later, Tongto proclaimed,"Buffalo come!"
"That's amazing, Tongto, how did you determine that?" the long ranger asked.
"Face sticky!" came the reply.

To continue:

Tongto heard horses.
'Three horses, Kemo Sabe.'
The long ranger looked up from behind the rocky outcrop and through his eagle eys recognised Sine Nomine, Zach82 and SilverFaux.
'Well Tongto, looks like we've had it'
'We' replied Tongto, 'who are "we", paleface?'

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Come on Long ranger. Tell us how old you are. We're all just dying to know!

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
Come on Long ranger. Tell us how old you are. We're all just dying to know!

They day you take classes in comprehension and logic will be the day when I tell you any, any personal details.

Fuck off, mind your own business and leave me alone.

But just to be awkward, I can tell you I have a teenage daughter, so I am probably not as young as you think.

[ 18. June 2012, 16:47: Message edited by: the long ranger ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:

Pricks_e
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] Priceless!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by Justinian:
We've seen plenty of threads that aren't about Evensong that have been about Evensong. But is this a first on the Ship? A thread about Evensong that isn't about Evensong? [Yipee]

Elegant, isn't it?

I'm so proud of her resisting temptation and letting this happen. [Overused]

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
They day you take classes in comprehension and logic will be the day when I tell you any, any personal details.
It so happens that I have a degree in philosophy and English, and have taken many classes in comprehension and logic. So cough it up, pork chop!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:
Originally posted by Justinian:

Elegant, isn't it?

I'm so proud of her resisting temptation and letting this happen. [Overused]

The force is strong in her.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016