homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What your spellchecker thinks you should be saying (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What your spellchecker thinks you should be saying
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whether you have auto-correct or just a spell-checker offering suggestions, sometimes the results are humorous. Share them here so we can all laugh with you!

Just now in Keryg, my spell checker (in Firefox) thought "midrash" should either be "mid-rash" or "mishmash."

Rather insulting to the Rabbis, who may or may not have had rashes for an equal duration before and after they wrote their "nonsense". [Biased]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many years ago, when personal computers and their software were much more primative, my spellchecker wanted to replace "Bach" with "bitch."
[Eek!]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and probably would have replaced "primative" with primitive"!
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You get similarly amusing results with the computer-generated subtitles on TV, which you can see on the big screen in any Wetherspoon's pub. One, reported in the press a while ago, was "The Arch Bitch of Canterbury".

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I sent an SMS to one son re binoculars for one of his children. I didn't check message and received a puzzled reply saying "Bionic???"

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I learned quickly that my current phone wants to use "Tom" instead of "too". So when i text my husband "I love you too" I always make sure to double check before sending. His name is NOT Tom [Smile]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The iPad had me leaving, instead of weeds, weddings to rot in a bucket.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve H:
You get similarly amusing results with the computer-generated subtitles on TV, which you can see on the big screen in any Wetherspoon's pub. One, reported in the press a while ago, was "The Arch Bitch of Canterbury".

You also get them with the closed captioning on many internet videos.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see a lot of those "auto-correct" images online, and I always wonder if they're fakes. I don't have a cell phone at all, much less a "smart" one, but I can't imagine why it should try to replace a perfectly valid word with a different one.

Do people really find that sort of thing happening often?

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
angelfish
Shipmate
# 8884

- Posted      Profile for angelfish   Email angelfish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an overweight friend called Heather, and unfortunately my phone's predictive text changed her name to Heavier. No, i didn't read it before i sent it. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"As God is my witness, I WILL kick Bishop Brennan up the arse!"

Posts: 1017 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Many years ago, when personal computers and their software were much more primative, my spellchecker wanted to replace "Bach" with "bitch."
[Eek!]

Reminds me of my church newsletter editing days, when the spellchecker tried to change the name of a certain visiting VIP to "Lord Raunchie!"

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
I see a lot of those "auto-correct" images online, and I always wonder if they're fakes. I don't have a cell phone at all, much less a "smart" one, but I can't imagine why it should try to replace a perfectly valid word with a different one.

Do people really find that sort of thing happening often?

Yes - really. I don't ever use auto-correct systems, but predictive texting can save a lot of time. You do have to concentrate on what you're seeing though. I don't often text, and when I do my phone looks at previous usage and always suggests that the word 'have' should be followed by the word 'chocolate'. [Hot and Hormonal]

That's something that doesn't get mentioned on the outrageous (supposed) examples that do the rounds of the internet - most predictive texting is based on the previous usage of the phone owner...

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But when I sign off on texts to my children my phone always wants me to say 'love nun'. In what parallel universe is nun a more common word than mum? Maybe I should try mom? No, just couldn't do it.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Android phone has Swype typing where you just swipe your finger across the screen to each letter of your word in turn, and it figures out which word you're trying to type. If it can't guess, it suggests several alternatives from its dictionary. When I tried to type "you" it suggested "Yid". WHAT.
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once had a mobile which did predictive texting in a number of different languages. I had great fun switching it to French or Italian, typing in a well-known poem, and accepting all its suggestions. Mind you, it was pretty bizarre in 'English' mode, as well.

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
WhyNotSmile
Shipmate
# 14126

- Posted      Profile for WhyNotSmile   Author's homepage   Email WhyNotSmile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
But when I sign off on texts to my children my phone always wants me to say 'love nun'. In what parallel universe is nun a more common word than mum? Maybe I should try mom? No, just couldn't do it.

Mine does this too! The other word it doesn't like is "card", which requires me to cycle through at least 5 other words, including "barf" and "bard", before it's suggested.

--------------------
Come visit:
http://why-not-smile.blogspot.com
- you're always glad you came

Posts: 528 | From: Belfast | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothiriel
Shipmate
# 15561

- Posted      Profile for Lothiriel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A number of years ago, I was writing the new members' column for our church newsletter. A new family had an unusual last name ending in "-ard". My spellchecker thought that this family should be called "the Dullards".

--------------------
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. St-Exupery

my blog

Posts: 538 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
WhyNotSmile
Shipmate
# 14126

- Posted      Profile for WhyNotSmile   Author's homepage   Email WhyNotSmile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a client who seems to be a very bad speller; and too lazy to proof read. Last week we got an email from him saying:

quote:
Look at [website] on of there edemas will be enough I know you don't have the program
We still haven't figured it out.

--------------------
Come visit:

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by WhyNotSmile:
I have a client who seems to be a very bad speller; and too lazy to proof read. Last week we got an email from him saying:

quote:
Look at [website] on of there edemas will be enough I know you don't have the program
One of their demos?

But I like edemas better. (And it could have been enemas!)

--------------------
~Tortuf

Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ceefax once reported a fire at Trago Mills, but actually wrote Tragic Mills, the shop there was ever thereafter known as 'Tragics'.

Older spellcheckers used to offer startling alternatives to 'sexagesima'....

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A early version of MS Word (for DOS, natch) used to replace my real name with 'chirpiness' - which was quite sweet!

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend of mine used to swear his spellchecker kept wanting to change "the Venerable Bede" to "the Venereal Bed".

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhyNotSmile
Shipmate
# 14126

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by WhyNotSmile:

quote:
One of their demos?

But I like edemas better. (And it could have been enemas!)

Demos! Yes! I like edemas better too, though. And I wonder how badly you have to mis-spell 'demos' to make the computer think the most likely word is 'edemas'.

--------------------
Come visit:

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My smartphone is apparently clever enough to learn new words if I use them frequently enough. Sadly, my typing on it is so bad that it now corrects 'tge' to 'Tge' rather than 'the' [Roll Eyes]

Predictive text on my previous phone offered its selections in alphabetical order, which I didn't realise at first. This meant I'm likely to have texted our babysitter to cancel a regular arrangement on the grounds that 'Mr B is good tonight' rather than 'home' [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As ever when this topic surfaces, I cite the spellchecker that tried to substitute labia for Latvia...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the classics I got from a friend of mine was "I managed to kill her - on our first date too!"

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a recent piece of Coursework a student informed me that Romeo and Juliet contained "dramatic ironing". Now that's a production I'd like to see.

(My phone also prefers "nun" to "mum". Mine's a Samsung - is that the same for the rest of you?)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
In a recent piece of Coursework a student informed me that Romeo and Juliet contained "dramatic ironing"

Romeo was pressing his suit?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to look out for this the most with Dragon voice-to-text software. Sometimes it seems to act like a Delphic oracle. In one memorable instance it supplied "incompetent management" for "innovative management".

The problem is that all the words it provides are real ones, so they aren't caught by a spell-checker. I'm not sure my clients would appreciate the oracle's insights though, so I have to proofread extra carefully.

In other news, try as I might I can't get my smartphone to stop auto-correcting il ("it", or "he") in French to "I'll". This leads to frequent Knights-of-Ni moments when texting ("don't type that word!")

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
In a recent piece of Coursework a student informed me that Romeo and Juliet contained "dramatic ironing"

Romeo was pressing his suit?
[Killing me]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(My phone also prefers "nun" to "mum". Mine's a Samsung - is that the same for the rest of you?)

Mine's a Nokia, and has the same annoying habit. Sometimes it's simpler to just turn predictive off for 2 or 3 words (shortcut key in 1 corner cycles through all the options quickly).

Must mention the spellchecker that my brother and I had problems with. Both writing reports (and his dissertation) for our respective MSc's, and it insisted that 'boreholes' ought to be 'brothels'... Thankfully we both switch autocorrect off for important work. *looks for a relieved smiley*

[ 28. May 2012, 19:01: Message edited by: Celtic Knotweed ]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine always trys to autocorrect "its" to "it's". Most infuriating

Maybe autocorrect is to blame for the rise in the grocer's apostrophe.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I gave up years ago and always write "its" now. Life's too short to bother about upsetting authoritarian schoolteachers.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's perfectly easy to put the apostrophe in its proper place.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have spellchecker but not autocorrect. That would drive me nuts, especially since my spellchecker thinks that the name of the town where I live is not an acceptable word.

Moo

[ 29. May 2012, 11:33: Message edited by: Moo ]

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
I gave up years ago and always write "its" now. Life's too short to bother about upsetting authoritarian schoolteachers.

Well my phone would annoy you then with its instistance on it's.

[tangent]Personally I find the apostrophe useful in making meaning clear in both reading and writing and nothing to do with authoritarian schoolteachers at all. [/tangent]

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My software simply underlines words to indicate that it would prefer US spelling. And ignores something like 'wold' when I meant to write 'would'.

But when I tried to use the spelling/style function when I was doing the church newsletter, it objected to the word 'service', insisting that the word 'serve' was preferable. If I'd written that communicants came forward to be serviced it wold have had a point...

(See what I mean there?)

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
I have to look out for this the most with Dragon voice-to-text software. Sometimes it seems to act like a Delphic oracle. In one memorable instance it supplied "incompetent management" for "innovative management".

Ah, Dragon! Very good at coverting ':' into 'cola'!

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apparently my husband is going to be singing a work by a Norwegian/American composter. An earthy little number, obviously.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The spellchecker in Dreamweaver, which we use to edit the MW reports, regularly wants to change negative contractions to their positive root, e.g. can't > can; didn't > did; wouldn't > would; etc.

It also wants to change Reckondwythe to recondite. I've often been accused of being that.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I knew how to switch the bloody spell-check off: I prefer to spell words correctly (British usage) and it "corrects" it!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What application? In most you should be able to switch the dictionary from American English to British English, if you really want to keep up the illusion.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
rhflan
Shipmate
# 17092

- Posted      Profile for rhflan   Author's homepage   Email rhflan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My iPhone used to try to change 'Em' (my wife's name) to 'Wm' (which I guess is supposed to be short for William or something).

--------------------
www.twitter.com/rhflan

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I prefer to spell words correctly (British usage) and it "corrects" it!

I'm not sure that British English is definitively correct these days. But what is undoubtedly true is that anyone who wishes to pass themselves off as being from the Home Countries should demonstrate a good working knowledge of the laws and orthodoxy of cricket. Without that you are truly on a sticky wicket.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
King Cnut. I don't think there is a spellchecker on the planet gets that one.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
longing
Apprentice
# 17154

- Posted      Profile for longing   Email longing   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you want an uncontrollable laugh out loud belly laugh, visit http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com - it's occasionally rude, but consistently hilarious.
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome longing! I have tears in my eyes from laughing at that site! (Spent WAY too much time there!)

jedijudy
One of the welcoming Heaven Hosts

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks longing.

Now I have something to do (between soccer games) in the next few weeks. That site is so funny.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've turned off autocorrect after too many embarrassing moments. a few good ones from memory:

"I'll be right over after I lick up Heather"

"We need to talk about Fergus of God" (meant to be the play Agnes of God)

(from my son) "I'm hanging out at Mickey Mouse" (meant to be Mikhail's house)

and my worst - I'm sorta kinda affiliated with a band called Denali Cooks. Autocorrect will suggest words you have used often in the past. so, I once posted from my phone on Facebook that I was "off to see the Denial Cocksuckers again!"

I deleted it quick but not before the drummer saw it. He now calls himself cocksucker#4.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

I deleted it quick but not before the drummer saw it. He now calls himself cocksucker#4.

I like him.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016