homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The life of your alter ego (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The life of your alter ego
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What would you be like, if you were your own complete opposite?

---

I'm sports-mad, and this summer is a feast of sport with Euro 2012 and Wimbledon and I'm really looking forward to the Olympics. I plan to have as many friends as my flat will hold to come round and watch some of it on TV, with lots of beer. We'll probably have a party afterwards - I expect the neighbours will complain again, but I'm used to that now and usually invite them in.

My favourite colour is black. I love wearing short skirts, and have a well-worn and very favourite black leather jacket that a motorbike-mad ex-boyfriend donated to me. We used to listen to heavy metal together - still miss that sometimes!

In my spare time (what spare time?) I do stuff like knitting and sewing, and have a stack of Mills & Boon novels that I'm happily working my way through - although my three cats always like to jump on me to get attention when I'm reading, so I haven't got as far as I'd like. I also attend an evangelical church and am very active in it. How about you?

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am quiet and shy. I never join in parties or conversations. I like my own company and seek out solitude. I wear long dresses and flat shoes, always in grey or black. I dislike all animals and have never had a pet.

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fitness fanatic that's me - you'll find me at the gym most days. Then it's stick a lasagne in the microwave and settle down with a big bottle of Diet Coke to watch the footie on Sky, or listen my fav rappers really loud.

Don't really like talking to people, so mostly I go the flicks - anything with zombies or serial killers in - or clubbing. I look pretty damn good in spandex. Don't like books or any of that culture crap. I had the garden tarmaced so's I'd have somewhere to park the motor - Jeremy Clarkson's a real laugh, isn't he?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a bit of a thrill seeker so you'll rarely catch me online (unless, of course, it's catching up on a bit of online gambling... money or men!), I'm far too busy bungee-jumping, parachuting and jet-ski-ing or doing the big rides at the local theme park. Then home to indulge in a curry and down a few cans of beer.

Then it's off to a nightclub or a party where I'll be the centre of attention, strutting my stuff in my short skirt, revealing sparkly top and high heels. I've no dependants - kids or creatures - so there's no need to be home before the early hours and I thrive on minimal amounts of sleep so I'll still be bright and alert for my day's work dealing in stocks and shares.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm really extrovert and outgoing, with a bad attitude and pink hair, playing bass guitar in a punk rock band. I'm never in bed before 4am, spending all my time after gigs in the most outrageous nightclubs in the city. Sid Vicious looks like Jimmy Osmond by comparison. Don't mess wiv me, I'm hard, I'm angry, and I mean business.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
...I'm far too busy bungee-jumping, parachuting and jet-ski-ing or doing the big rides at the local theme park.

So is this really a picture of your alter ego?
[Biased]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm shy and quiet, keep to myself; except when it comes to my home - I'm always entertaining. I'm very even tempered, and I love everyone; I'd never raise my voice. I live alone in a huge house that is always very tidy and decorated with lots of pink lace and chintz with lots of little extras - tons of photos on the walls and a bazillion throw pillows.

I'd never use such imprecise words as "bazillion".

I collect teddy bears and angels and porcelain figurines, drink wine coolers or the cheapest beer, eat pre-prepared junk food, and read romance novels. I listen to pop rock and experimental jazz and Phish. I watch a lot of television and never exercise - I hate breaking a sweat and I hate going outdoors.

I'm very orderly and work in a field that is ruled by tidy columns of numbers and never requires working extra hours or working with people. I'm deathly afraid of public speaking and can't handle confrontation. I'm always in bed on time and always up bright and early.

I wear lots of bright colors with ruffles and ribbons and bows. You'll never catch me wearing anything but high heels and full skirts and I'd never, ever go out without make-up or my hair done up just so.

all my bills are paid on time and my underwear drawer is organized by color. I'm terrified of any and all weaponry and would never, ever wear leather.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a great thread [Big Grin]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a superb housewife. I love cooking, cleaning and staying indoors caring for my home. I rarely venture outdoors or exercise or play sport as I feel sure it may disrupt my sensitive disposition.

I hate cats, children and people.

I drink only sparkling mineral water and NEVER smoke.

I believe in being careful and moderate in all things so I can live a long life.

God is a figment of everyone's imagination and I'm a staunch atheist. I adore arguing with people about the nature of the no-God.

I dislike hot weather, beaches and running barefoot. So messy.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I work for an investment bank in the City and think that Mr Cameron is doing a wizard job. Yes, we are making sacrifices too, and my bonus last year was barely ten percent of what it was in 2007.

This year's wife is almost as lean, glamourous and expensive to run as I am (and the car, house, previous wives, children from previous marriages and the au pair for that matter). We eat egg white omelettes, mung beans, wild rice and tofu but we are far from being vegetarians: we treat ourselves to fish once a month.

I completed the London marathon in 2:45, pretty good for my age, but my wife beat me, hardly surprising as she is half my age.

Aren't churches beautiful buildings? Can't see the point of what goes on inside them though.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a tall woman with a size 0 figure who is given her clothes by the best fashion designers to promote their current season. Not only am I tall, but I wear high heels balancing of the smallest of stiletto points.

I do not have to work as I have private means from large inheritances which enables me travel around the world first class and stay in luxury hotels. Mode of transport is not a problems as enjoys flying and never suffer from motion or sea sickness.

I participate in all sports, but especially those with a high risk such as paragliding and bungee jumping. I swim like a fish and am an expert scuba diver with no fear of water. I ski and skate in Winter and have never landed on my delicate posterior.

I own a large mansion which is fully staffed, including a chauffeur.

I hate beer and oriental food, although I will eat sushi as I adore raw fish. I think salads are delicious and dislike anything chocolate.

[ 24. June 2012, 14:34: Message edited by: Nanny Ogg ]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Desert Daughter
Shipmate
# 13635

- Posted      Profile for Desert Daughter   Email Desert Daughter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I owe my career (I'm a media exec!) to my superb networking skills, my ability to always say and do the proper thing - some call it sycophancy... dunno what that means... I never had these old languages at school...

I’m outgoing, sociable and fun-loving. I need constant human company -and admiration. I’m the heart of any party, the Queen of Clubland. My clothes reflect the latest fashion and so does everything else about me: from my designer flat to my choice of boyfriends (mostly younger than me, perfectly cute toyboys...they’re such fun...)

My summer holidays will be spent in a beach club with a crowd of friends. I forgot which country it was in... doesn’t really matter, as long as it is somewhere warm...

--------------------
"Prayer is the rejection of concepts." (Evagrius Ponticus)

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a sporty extrovert who wears nothing but black.
I'm down the gym every day and love jogging - really looking forward to the Olympics and I follow the footy avidly.

Don't have to work as I have a large inheritance but hate travelling unless it's to cold places so skiing is my favourite.

Have never had kids and don't want to.
Hate flowers,crafts and animals and keep a straight face at those stupid lolcats.

Love barbeques as I'm an avid carnivore though I steer clear of salads, fruit and veggies.

I read a book once.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I adore liturgy and high church camp. I detest any church music written after 1850.

My many days off are spent watching classical ballet and considering the real attractions of modern art installations.

I travel by car because I hate bicycles, motor bikes and trains. I never rise before 10 am and I am always late because I'm totally disorganised.

I don't like cats, members of the opposite sex or curry. Give me rhubard crumble every day to keep me happy.

I read the Star cos I've never passed an exam in my life, not even my driving test (despite my excellent 20/20 vision). I live in hope of finding a life partner but I've got more than a few years yet as I'm only 12.

I'm not a Christian but my name really is mark and I like to exclaim a lot!!!!!

[ 24. June 2012, 15:51: Message edited by: ExclamationMark ]

Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, too, love sport - really looking forward to the Olympics - and hate to read. In fact, I hardly have a book in the house. I especially dislike SF nerds and anyone who dresses up in costume for fun. I am resolutely normal. I think that the Greens and environmentalists are exaggerating wildly, and I always vote Tory. Maggie is my heroine.
I can't stand the taste of real ale - give me white wine any time.
I also have my hair done regularly, and never step outside the house without my make-up on.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a Tory. And I believe the banks should get more money, at the expense of the NHS. I'm also a Royalist. If you are born into money all the better.

I think animals are all evil. And trees must be taking over the world.

And WTF is with all this 'energy saving' stuff? I'd far rather be driving my huge gas guzzler.

The most important food group is meat. And if meat isn't available I'll go for fish. Carbs don't matter at breakfast, but in the evening they should make up the bulk of a meal. Exercise is a waste of time.

I'm calm. I never get anxious. I love being social.

Science fascinates me. Art is weird and boring. And as for people who want to write books, I won't even go there.

I've had a long history of many relationships. I hate being single.

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a nice person.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Considers. I seem to be such a mixture (like everyone else), hard to say what an alter ego might be. Then, illumination ...)

Successful management seems to be a rare skill these days. No idea why, it comes naturally to me. After all, it's really quite simple, I don't need to bother with the hard technical stuff, other people can do that and I just need to direct them.

I admit that learning was hard at first, and there may have been the odd foul-up. No need to worry, learning by mistakes is the quickest, most effective way; just look confident and don't make the same mistake twice. The spreadsheet is marvellously useful but you need to be a bit creative as well, and talk to people, see what's going on. I seem to get on well with people generally, they just need a little guidance and persuasion, I don't need to bully or force. Well, not often.

Seems to be a good rule outside of paid work. Committees are useful, other people do all the work and you just need to apply a little guidance. Problem with many people is, they have good ideas but don't know what to do next. Anyway, the Golf Club is going from strength to strength, and I can take a little pride in that.

I seem to be going up the ladder pretty well. I love new opportunities. It would be unnecessary, surely, to even mention remuneration...

(And yes, a very alter sort of ego! And I don't play golf.)

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forgot to say, when I'm not in the gym or that, I'm usually on the sunbed. But not enough to fade my tats, obviously. Chardonnay touches up my highlights ever Saturday, while Jaylene does my nails - d'ye like my Jubilee ones? It's clever the way she's got the sparkly bits in the Queen's eyes, isn't it?

[ 24. June 2012, 20:20: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Currently reading 50 shades of grey. Oooh. aren't I daring, missus?

[ 24. June 2012, 20:48: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IRL I tend to score basically down the middle of any personality tests*, and I'm fairly androgynous and even (mostly) ambidextrous. I guess my alter ego falls down the middle on personality tests, is androgynous (but biologically male) and is mostly ambidextrous, but left-handed for writing. Since I'm bipolar, he probably is too, but has his cycles backwards to mine. I'm type 2 (mostly depression, hypo-mania), so he's probably manic more often than depressed, and full-blown manic at that.

He used to be overweight his whole life, but now is underweight, though he misses his girlish figure. He usually wears all white, and tends to dress up a lot. His feet never hurt, so he can wear any kind of shoe he likes - and he runs for exercise. His skin is his best feature.

He's not religious - not interested enough to care whether or not there might be a God - and doesn't tend to think about anything academic. He values things according to how expensive and novel they are. His reading is all fiction and magazines. He doesn't even own a television - he's pretentious about it, too. He's probably a salesman for a living, makes lots of money, and therefore can afford to travel a lot - but he prefers to go to resorts and beaches rather than cities. He lives in the country, but is always throwing big parties. He would, too, 'cause he's quite the lush, and a foodie (which is why he's so thin - very little food is good enough for him).

He has 2 younger brothers, and a string of exes of both sexes (he's bisexual, of course). He's really hard to get along with, but everyone wants to be around him; & he doesn't take shit from anyone.

And if you think he's a mess of contradictions, then you've probably gotten to know me better than you think!

*There's a couple ways to look at this - either I'm in the middle of a continuum, or I have equal amounts of both extremes in me. Whichever it is, my alter ego must be the other! And before anybody asks, I make it a point not to know my Myers Briggs type! Even if it is a Sacrament in some Episcopal circles. [Razz]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Appropriate to double-post this after such a long post: My alter ego is also very terse in speech and in writing.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone mentioned David Cameron? I'm not really sure who he is or what he was last in, but my friends don't think much of him so I guess his films must be a bit crap.

Anyway I just posted to say Boogie you're always welcome at any of my parties, no need to be shy, just give me a ring and come round. Eeeeeeekkkkk what did I do with my iPhone? It would be a total disaster if I lost it, my whole life is on there... phew!

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only thing I could say for sure is that my alter ego would have perfectly done hair, nails and make-up and would never ever leave the house unless she was wearing the Perfect Outfit.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a stay at home mother to two small children. I got married young and I haven't worked since then. My whole life is my kids, I'm not interested and don't have time for the world outside of running around after them. When I do read anything it's mostly stuff I pick up from my girlfriends or the Daily Mail that my husband picks up to read before work.

I believe that it's really important to look good as people will judge you on that so I spend a lot of time making sure I look well turned out when I leave the house. I like to throw parties and I'm a great hostess and can mingle brilliantly with everyone and make them feel comfortable.

I'm very happy with my life. I feel that a woman's place should be in the home and my husband should take all the major decisions in our lives. I believe I've fulfilled all my dreams. I have a house, husband and kids and really there's nothing more I want. I think the world outside the UK is dangerous and that I'm far better off here as I have everything I need in this one city.

I can't understand why anyone would want any life that's different to this one and anyone who does is clearly in need of psychological help.

Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a woman

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh, isn’t it wonderful how many of us are looking forward to the Olympics! Maybe we can meet up and all go together! There’s so much to do in the Olympic park, not just the games, you know, and that fantastic big new shopping centre with lots of restaurants! It’s so much fun when you have lots of people’s ideas for important decisions like where to eat and how to get there and whether to sit inside or outside! I can never make up my own mind, and anyway, I’m easy. I don’t have opinions. I just laugh and say “Whatever!”

And don’t you just love the Olympic logo? It’s so cute I am doodling it on everything – of course I am always drawing something. I give people home-made presents for Christmas, so I start in about June and it keeps me busy, but it would be awful to be late with a present, wouldn’t it?

Christmas is my favourite. I just love everything about it. The music in the shops, the parties, wrapping presents, and all that food! Everyone comes to us for Christmas lunch, of course, because we have the big house and nobody else knows how to cook it like I do.

I got married to the first boy I ever kissed. He’s really good to me. He makes pots of money, so I’ve never had to work. I couldn’t handle being away from the house all day – there is so much to do to keep it nice and get his meals ready on time. Anyway, my darling husband likes to know where I am, and he doesn’t really like me going places without him. Isn’t that nice, we love each other so much! He says I’m still as pretty as I was when I was 15. Of course, he has no idea how much it costs to keep it up, but he’s worth it!

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Someone mentioned David Cameron? I'm not really sure who he is or what he was last in, but my friends don't think much of him so I guess his films must be a bit crap.

Who is Norman Lloyd's Bank was one of his, I think

also

Bad Teacher (Bad!! - No Ofsted √ !!!)

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi! I'm new to SoF! This is my very first post! There is a huge possibility that I'll never post here again, but that's OK, since one of my sock puppets will post here later. Oh. I wasn't supposed to say that, was I?

Well, a little about me. I'm married to the most awesome, handsome, rich man. He does spoil me so. I don't have to work, so I work in my yard all day long. The flowers, veggies and fruit trees are always immaculate. And I've found all these wonderful natural ways to control bugs and slugs and pests of all kinds. (Mostly that involves me picking up the little creatures, putting them into a box, and taking them to the neighbor's garden in the middle of the night.)

Oh, I love cold weather. The colder, the better. And deep, deep, deep snow will put me in the happiest mood! I'm considering moving next door to comet, or perhaps to Finland.

The one thing that troubles me, I have the worst kids in the world. They never talk to me, they never spend time with me. I'm quite sure they don't like me at all. [Frown] I think I have a granddaughter, but I never see her.

Well, I must get my 10K run in before going to the rock concert tonight. (Love staying up 'till the wee hours!) One of the joys of having my hair cut to less than an inch in length is that I can be ready to go in no time!

Let's see...should I wear the short shorts and tube top or the unitard with the front opened to my navel?

It's a good thing I don't go to church. Lots of time for the important things in life. Like loud concerts. And, please, don't ask me to play those silly games like Scramble or Words with Friends. I don't have friends, so there.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm young, long and lean and favor dressing totally in black. (This seems to be a Shippie theme.) I live in a hipster NYC neighborhood and am employed in some sort of unique creative writing work one can only find in the Big Apple. I used to have a partner, but she experienced intolerable claustrophobia in my 12'-by-10' closet apartment and finally left for the wide open spaces of Long Island; I channel my emotional pain into my literary creativity and fierce subway glare. I eat nothing but takeout food, partly because I am too cool to cook and partly because my kitchen consists of a hot plate and a dorm-size mini-refrigerator, and I have to do the dishes in my shower. In my spare time I take photos of dead pigeons and write poetry about them, and I aspire to one day use these things in a performance-art installation.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
I am a nice person.

[Killing me]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Verger:
Gosh, isn’t it wonderful how many of us are looking forward to the Olympics!

Oh, me too! Being sporty and that. Those runner guys look well fit. Do you think the medal is like solid gold? Dwayne's not so keen - but I'm thinking of dumping him anyway. It's been like six weeks and it's getting really boring.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
...I'm far too busy bungee-jumping, parachuting and jet-ski-ing or doing the big rides at the local theme park.

So is this really a picture of your alter ego?
[Biased]

[tangent][shameless plug]It was an act of sheer courage, climbing that tree, as I really am quite scared of heights. I did it to encourage my eldest son (also scared of heights) to do it. Please bear that in mind in the near future when a link goes up in my sig for a sponsored event I'm planning to do to raise money for the charity I work for..... So yes, that photo is a photo of my alter ego. I still can't quite believe she's smiling!
[/shameless plug][/tangent]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just love church committees. There's something about a lengthy Outreach Committee that just keeps me rivetted. I never keep something sharp in my pocket to discretely poke myself awake with. And community litter-picks! I'm the one with my hand straight up saying "Pick me!! Pick me!!" when they're deciding who gets to organise the next one. Nothing better than getting to drive to a council depot in an industrial estate to collect free black bin-bags, and a set of "health and safety while litter-picking hand-outs."

Being a good church-woman, my scones always rise and my toffee always sets.

I love it when people pin Patience Strong poems up on the church notice board. You can't beat Patience Strong. (Well, maybe an Eddie Askew poem about pretty flowers comes close...)

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a muslim woman living in the slums of some central African country or other - having never been to school I'm too stupid to know what it's called, and I've never travelled more than five miles away from my house. I detest all forms of physical and mental activity and always do what other people tell me.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
I'm a sporty extrovert who wears nothing but black.
I'm down the gym every day and love jogging - really looking forward to the Olympics and I follow the footy avidly.

I'm beginning to think I am some shipmates' alter ego... [Biased]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Martha
Shipmate
# 185

- Posted      Profile for Martha   Email Martha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My blonde hair is cut and styled every week, and I spend ages putting my make-up on every morning. I have the perfect accessories and shoes for every occasion, although I'm always happy to buy more! Books aren't really my thing, but I follow the soaps avidly and of course keep up with the latest celeb gossip. I have strong opinions and speak my mind - that's just who I am, and if you don't like it, then just stay out of my way. I know exactly where I'm going and it's straight to the top! Not to boast or anything but I expect to be CEO in the next 10 years if I play my cards right. It's not for nothing that I work 15-hour days, you know!

...hmmm, my alter ego sounds more exciting but much more stressful. I think I'll just go curl up with a book.

Posts: 388 | From: in the kitchen | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An extreme right wing atheist, heavily tattooed, working in the oil fields. I believe in money before all else. I drive a big truck decked out with every bit of chrome possible. I have a bottle of rotgut whisky under my truck seat which I have for breakfast and lunch. I hate foreigners. I bet on dog fights, when not engaging in recreational purse snatching and beating up random strangers. I never cry.

My online persona is called "I'll Hit You", and my favourite Ship forum is called "Painful Death" (in this imaginary world we have such a forum).

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
......I completed the London marathon in 2:45, pretty good for my age, but my wife beat me, hardly surprising as she is half my age.

Well, quite. I can't wait to be 40 and qualify as a veteran. Though my wife isn't really into marathon, more into Iron Man tri-athlon; she says marathon hardly raises a sweat, and is boring. She takes a great delight in beating most of the men, especially since she has to stop near the finish to fine-tune her make-up. She says the best is to come as she is not yet 20. Tri-athlon is not for me, though, as I get saddle sore.

2:45, hmmmm? not bad I suppose. I have spent the last six months getting into training. Some would say I'm taking it too seriously, but I don't think so; a couple of hours before breakfast every day, plus an hour in the gym of an evening. Not much really, and down to about 10 miles on the road, and omitting the gym, on Sundays. And I was a bit off colour a month or so back, and on the advice of my personal trainer took a day off. So I'm quite lazy really. I'm organising a vacation next month, I'll be training with fell runners.

I can't understand people who don't do proper training, like that lazy bastard Blackbeard for instance.

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm something of a fashionista – it doesn't matter how uncomfortable it is, if it shows off my slim figure to advantage, I'll wear it. I like to co-ordinate my clothes with my nail colours and lipstick - I have a huge range of false nails which helps to save time in that respect. I'm quite a sports fan – at least, I love the big events that have a social dimension: Ascot and that sort of thing. I have a certain profile to keep up, so one has to see and be seen.

I don't have a lot of time for reading or TV, but I like to keep up with news – who's in, who's out, that kind of thing. Money isn't much an issue for me, following very generous settlements from my last two marriages, but a partner is very useful socially, so I'm currently on the look out for likely candidates. I find that helps to give me the necessary impetus to do what I call 'making an effort' - I think that sort of thing is really important. In fact, the main downside of marriage, as I see it, is the temptation it offers to stop making an effort.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
I am a nice person.

[Killing me]
So far Jah has scored "best in thread," AFAIC.

I was reading QLib's post in the "Active Threads" feed, and thought, "Gawd, but she's up herself isn't she?" Then I read the thread title, and began laughing my ass off. We are souls sisters, hon.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We fashionistas must stick together. We could swap couture tips. [Biased]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Fashionista, blimey. I just get out of bed and grab whatever garment's nearest. As they're all black it doesn't really matter that much. I do make a point of combing my hair once a week and I try to remember to throw out any pair of trainers when they're really beyond hope and covered in mud.

Having said that, sometimes my best mates drag me out for a girly afternoon shopping. This always seems to involve at least one bar at some point, but after a couple of pitchers of strawberry daiquiris none of us care.

Can't understand those people who are never satisfied with how they look - just get on with it, be yourself I say, we all look the same when we're dead.

Cryptic
Shipmate
# 16917

- Posted      Profile for Cryptic   Email Cryptic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd be thin, talented and organised...
Posts: 225 | From: Sydney | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dropped out of college to go into real estate, then moved into financial advising, then bought shares in a small investment bank (only $30 billion or so in assets, but we're growing) in which I am now the majority shareholder and CEO. I love opera and heavy metal. I'm on my third wife (they can't be too young or too blonde) and seventh mistress.... I'm a Republican, of course.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Each morning I can't wait for the alarm clock to ring, so that I can get up and head to the office. It's easy to choose which shade of grey suit I'll be wearing today, because I have them all ordered in my wardrobe. And besides, every evening I put my clothes ready for the next day. There's nothing like being prepared, isn't it?

My job at the office is to sort parking tickets in alphabetical order. I can really get a thrill if everything is ordered correctly. But two years ago, I almost had a burn-out when a colleague suddenly came in to say hello. I was so upset that I ordered one ticket that should be under the V under the W! It took me months to recover from that.

After my job is finished, I prefer to spend my time alone. There are always socks to be ordered by colour, aren't they? After this, I like to go to bed nice and early.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey dudes! I was, like, tinkin bout dis thread, like, while I woz listnin to a bit of Kanye, innit? Ders like these guys wot spell an that, an go on bout grammar or summat! Wot dey on??! LOL!!

Must get me some Buds on way back from work! Get dem in da fridge, s’wot I say an put da glass in der to! Workin at da salon, dis guy was like, ‘Number 1 all over plees!’ So cut da geezers hair real short, tink I’ll get me the same next, innit!!

Must get off now down da gym. Get my pecs strong an that, cos da chicks like dat. Da ladeez like da bling an all, innit!! LMAO!

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wikkid bruv, innit? [Smile]
Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sociable, high in emotional intelligence, I work in sales, love meeting people - read them like a book. I am tall - 6'4" - and left school early to do an apprenticeship. Did a lot of contracting, moving from job to job until I got into my high-pressure sales business. I spend the money too - go out to nightclubs, pick up girls, sleep around as much as possible. I rent an inner-city apartment, of course. And gamble! Man, I play the casinos as often as I can. Excitement, that's my line. I have nerves of steel, stare anyone in the eyes until they blink. An outdoors man too - regular shooter. In fact, I vote for the Shooters Party.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a meat-eating, smoking, pop music listening to woman who is very disciplined and a careerist. I love social gatherings and am quite adept at self-promotion to the right people.

I like all kinds of music, except metal. I prefer whatever is in the charts. My favourites are Madonna and Lady Gaga, or whatever woman has written something about empowering women in the face of evil men (I will never undergo therapy or talking-shops as I call it in order to deal with that. I am who I am and if you don't like that you can kiss my rich arse).

I'm not really interested in politics, but believe that scroungers should not receive any benefits, that we should let less migrants in and that that Thatcher was a very good woman, in that she the unions had too much power to hold hard-working people like myself back.

I am bossy. I hate cats and bird-watching. On free Sundays (which are rare as I am a workaholic) I like to go shopping with my friends and then go to Starbucks, before returning home and watch Sex in the City, a programme that makes me cry.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016