homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What do you wear? (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What do you wear?
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Drying Clothes thread, a couple of simple questions.
1) What are you wearing?
2) What odd thing do you like to wear?

My current outfit is a t-shirt I wrote on at Sunday School which declares that Love Never Fails and a pair of zipped-off zip-offs. It's covered in bits of garden.

I like to wear my ankle-length blue hoodie from Morocco. It's comfortable in any weather, and gets attention.

Cattyish.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cattyish:
1) What are you wearing?

I thought this was a Christian website!

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
quote:
Originally posted by cattyish:
1) What are you wearing?

I thought this was a Christian website!
Seriously! I already regret my impulse to bare all in the laundry thread, no way I'm going to talk about my shameful clothing.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm wearing a white mundh and nothing else. It is sort of like a sarong.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right now, I'm wearing my work stuff: A T-shirt advertising my bar, cut-off jeans and sensible waitress shoes. Pretty much, that's my wardrobe most of the time, but when I'm loafing around the house, I love wearing my husbands old beat up Carhartt shirts. He wears the heck out of the, and they are so full of holes I can't wear them in public, but they are soft and roomy and comfy (kind of like him [Big Grin] )

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Martha
Shipmate
# 185

- Posted      Profile for Martha   Email Martha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shorts and sleeveless top. That's pretty much all that's comfortable to wear for 6 months of the year in Texas, with slight variations into airy skirts and summer dresses for posher occasions.

I love wearing big snuggly sweaters but the season for those here is sadly short. Back in the UK in my student days I would wear 3 layers and my beloved camp blanket over the top, for working at my desk.

Posts: 388 | From: in the kitchen | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeans, as always, and a long sleeved purple top - having just changed out of my smart pin striped work suit.

[Smile]

Quirky wear? My friend hate my (very) colourful hippy jackets and hats - I love 'em!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I live in my jammies. They're the first thing I put on when I come into the house and I wear them pretty much all the time. Apart from that jeans and a tshirt when I'm going out and a stupid uniform when I'm at work. But basically jammies rule.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm wearing a pair of black seersucker capris with a scoop neck, red tee. I have a mess of seersucker slacks for summer because they are as cool and comfy as shorts. More so, since shorts and I don't get along.

Not actually all that quirky, but I also like casual jersey dresses just to wear around in warm weather. There aren't too many dresses sashaying in the stores and streets around here, but to me they are like wearing lengthened tee-shirts that you don't have to worry about wearing with trousers or shorts. Airy! [Cool]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Desert Daughter
Shipmate
# 13635

- Posted      Profile for Desert Daughter   Email Desert Daughter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The one and only reason I became an academic (after six years as an elegantly dressed businesswoman [Disappointed] ) is that now I can wear Jeans and T-Shirt (or turtleneck sweaters) forever more. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Prayer is the rejection of concepts." (Evagrius Ponticus)

WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeans and tshirt.

I like to wear whatever is comfortable and appropriate for the weather, though living in the UK the latter is often difficult.

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Track suit (chavvy).

Would like to wear a sarong - get some air around my bits.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Track suit (chavvy).

Would like to wear a sarong - get some air around my bits.

But if you are not accustomed to wearing them and tie it sloppily you could end up baring rather more than your soul.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And as for me - Black tee with an African print and black dress trousers (which may be soon on their last legs) No socks.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blue shirt, yellow neck tie with blue butterflies, dark grey coloured pants and Blundstones. Also wearing my heart on my sleeve.

What do I want to wear? I want a Star Trek uniform, and a tricorder, and some Klingon friends to play holodeck adventures with. But how come Star Fleet personnel never wear hats? I want to wear a hat too.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chive:
I live in my jammies. They're the first thing I put on when I come into the house and I wear them pretty much all the time. Apart from that jeans and a tshirt when I'm going out and a stupid uniform when I'm at work. But basically jammies rule.

Me too! Although my "jammies" are what most people would consider yoga or exercise pants, plus an old t-shirt and/or sweatshirt (when it's cold).

When I go out, it's jeans and a t-shirt (or sweatshirt when it's cold - never gets too cold around here). Generally black and/or grey, I just feel more comfortable in those (non)colors.

My quirk is that a vast majority of my t-shirts say "Detroit" or something about Detroit. What can I say, I'm homesick. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
PriestWifeMum
Apprentice
# 17200

- Posted      Profile for PriestWifeMum   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

I'm not sure what my clothing quirk is, but you won't catch me in narrow fit jeans. Bootleg all the way. Fashion icon, I am not.

--------------------
http://priestwifemum.wordpress.com/

Posts: 13 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As I see it, with threads like this I have three options.

1) move right along, nothing to see here. no compulsion to post. No one needs to know.

2) stretch the truth and tell people either a) what you would be wearing if you weren't a sleep deprived fashion accident or b) tell them what you would like them to think you're wearing.

3) be honest and give people a chance to laugh at your own expense.

so, seeing as the first two options are not any fun...

keep in mind I'm a bar tender at a very busy, live music venue and that it's a mere six hours since I got home from one of our busiest nights of the year. and I was tired, folks. I worked hard. so not surprisingly, I fell into bed in my work clothes.

I'm currently drinking my first cup of coffee in a blue wide-necked and baggy long tee with a black fringed scarf still somewhat haphazardly attached to my neck, a black satin bra (the kind it's okay for parts of it to show from under your shirt) a spiked leather bracelet, and fake leather pants. I managed to get the white feather earrings out and the tevas off before I went to bed. I suspect I have a trainwreck of last night's make-up on my face. No doubt I have an excellent example of bed head going on. on the bed side table next to me is my coffee, my phone, a bottle of cold medicine, cough drops, and a messy pile of cash that is my as-yet uncounted tips from last night.

oh, and a stuffed dragon.

now close your eyes and picture that for a moment. yes. you're welcome.

(In my defense - I'd normally be wearing some boring variation on a tee and running shorts for my morning coffee)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PS - next to me on my bed, reading a comic book, is a cute blonde 10 year old who slept in his tai kwon do uniform. so at least I fit in.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blue shorts and blue sleeveless T-shirt. Boring but all I'm interested in is trying to stay cool in this weather. Unfortunately it would not be seemly for me to walk down the street here in Tunisia so shamefully undressed so if I go out I have to put on something more respectable ie cover my knees and preferably my shoulders too...

Unusual stuff I like to wear...most of my clothes are pretty boring really. I need a wardrobe makeover... I look longingly at the beautiful, colourful, sparkly traditional jebbas I see in the souk here and wonder if I as a foreigner would be considered very strange if I wore one. Probably...but I love the look of them. I have a secret love of sparkly bling which you would never guess by looking at what I normally wear.

Oh and Comet, your dragon made me smile. My son has a toy dragon that is his favourite to cuddle in bed!

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Silver and lapis lazuli jewellry and Diptyque's L’Ombre dans L’Eau .

Oh and clothes of some sort.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My work uniform. A navy polo shirt with company logo and my first name embroidered on it, navy cotton drill trousers and sloppy joe. If it was summer not very much at this time of the day!!

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Light weight blue slacks, blue print tank top, thin white long sleeve shirt, and red drop ear rings, red shoes. I was hosting at the senior center today and it had been closed on the 4th so I decided to keep the 4th of July theme going one more day.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gay Organ Grinder:
My work uniform. A navy polo shirt with company logo and my first name embroidered on it, navy cotton drill trousers and sloppy joe.

[Confused]
Please explain -- you cannot be wearing what I (and Wikipedia) consider a sloppy joe!

(Not unless you spilled it on the cotton drill trousers.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thickish fleece or knit material as an outer layer. Possibly with a hood. Possibly fleecy backed. Occasionally called a windcheater but that's fairly old. Usually not open down the front but more like a jumper (sweater style) as in sense used down here.

Lots of pond differences here in terms. Fleecy backed where I've used it means brushed and fluffy, not fleece garments.

Your use of sloppy joe, which I do understand, would be met with very blank looks here.

[ 05. July 2012, 22:45: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no_prophet:
What do I want to wear? I want a Star Trek uniform, and a tricorder, and some Klingon friends to play holodeck adventures with. But how come Star Fleet personnel never wear hats? I want to wear a hat too.

Guinan wore a hat.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What am *I* wearing?

Um, khaki work trousers and a black on black design Hawaiian style shirt.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
[QBGuinan wore a hat. [/QB]

True. I think Picard would have looked silly in it though. [Biased]
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm currently wearing frayed olive green shorts and one of my favorite T-shirts, a locally made random thing which has a silkscreened image of a narwhal getting abducted by an alien spaceship, captioned, "Narwhals are real." It baffles and delights me, so of course I had to have it.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I spent the day at a blues festival, so I'm wearing jeans and T-shirt. When I have to go to work, I disguise myself as a psychologist by wearing "office casual" trousers and a jacket. It's kind of a method acting thing.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

speaking of acting - I recently played a psychiatrist on stage. the costume was uncomfortable. and hot! made me feel bad for you Suit People™. [Biased]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Animal print dressing gown just now.

(I'm not saying which animal)

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Black trousers, boots, crisp white cotton shirt, light grey linen jacket. All ready for work. I really must be off there now!

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Long-sleeved thick polo shirt, polar fleece vest, corduroy trousers and thick hiking socks, 'cause it's friggin' cold out there!
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Animal print dressing gown just now.

(I'm not saying which animal)

Wildebeest? Pangolin? Rat?

Since it is technically summer, I am currently in the embroidered Chinese silk number - but I could switch back to the fleece at any moment. Which brings me to my central grievance - I want to be wearing summer clothes and my lovely new lime green Dutch sandals. But instead it will be another day of cardigans and socks and insulating trousers. Bah.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am shortly off to the gym, so I am wearing my off white trainers with a bright gloss white streak of paint along one side of one shoe.

Black tracksuit bottoms with a white gloss paint streak down one side, and a light and dark grey T shirt with fuzzy white gloss paint on one side.

Have no idea where this paint job came from but acquired it on the first visit to the gym about one year ago.

Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love original attire. This makes me a proper Parisienne (one who has her own look).

I luurrrrrve 80s retro. But you can't wear that all the time (my favouritest bit of 80s retro in my wardrobe is a hot fuschia taffeta and sequin party dress, short in the front, long in the back, with poofy great net underskirt - can't really walk down the street in it though). I also love 50s retro. It's not easy to get hold of, but when I motivate myself to make my own clothes I love 50s patterns. They are so elegant and flattering.

I actually do have jeans on today (the figure-hugging skinny kind), because it's Friday, also a pair of spangly sequin Converse sneakers and a tunic top with long sleeve black t-shirt underneath (in July! For goodness sakes!). Most of the time I have to wear more formal clothes, but the original styling remains up to a point - funky shoes, funky mittens in the winter which I keep on all day long… bit of retro. Fortunately I'm one of those people who enjoys formalwear and feels sexy and sophisticated in it. I also am a big fan of hats and would never go out without one in the winter. It's all about the styling.

My hairdresser made a comment to me about myself that I'd never really thought of, but he's right. He was trying to persuade me to get a very modern assymetric cut and I told him I wanted something more conservative (because I work in a formal environment). He said "it's funny - your clothes are really original but you never let me do anything outrageous with your hair".

Oh - and red lipstick. I also luurrrve red lipstick. Like really in your face scarlet. Actually "rouge" can be short for "rouge à lèvres" = lipstick so one possible translation of my username would be "life in lipstick" which is not entirely inappropriate. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Friday and the boss is away so I am wearing flared summerweight jeans, a thin rusty orange sleeveless jersey dress and a little oatmeal cardigan. After walking the dog this morning I was warm enough to plump for sandals and leave my jacket at home, how wise that decision was remains to be seen.

I am surrently in the slightly odd clothing situation of house-sitting until the beginning of August. This means I have a rather limited wardrobe available to me. Interestingly, the selection I have chosen includes a number of dresses as work outfits (including three with polka dots) and a couple of pairs of jeans for the weekends. The house-sitting with dog-walking means that I get changed when I come home (or after dinner) these days and I rather like that approach. I remember my dad coming home after work and getting changed but mostly I've just would up wearing my work clothes all evening.

I like wearing colours. To the extent that I own precisely one black dress (for funerals and graduations) but a much larger number of red ones (I think if you include the red ball dresses it gets into double figures). I can wear orange and take full advantage of this fact. I like wearing skirts and dresses and in particular full skirts with a bit of 'swoosh' - this means that work clothes can cross over into Scottish Country Dance clothes. Even my winter coat has a full skirt. I also like good structure and tailoring. In the winter I really enjoy a collared long-sleeve shirt (especially if it has cufflinks) with a jumper or waistcoat and I spent many years practically living in my great-uncle's brown velvet jacket (it's now too big, but I roll it out on occasion. I enjoy hats, headbands and hairpieces but find them difficult to style and some of them interact badly with my glasses behind my ears, leaving me with headaches. I am rarely seen without my earmuffs in the winter.

I also find that I get bored of my clothes easily and like to have a number of items in rotation. Things crop up as favourites for a little while then take a bit of a rest before I rediscover them again. Of course the reason that I fill half a wardrobe with ball dresses is partially to have a bit of variety - I prefer not to wear the same one to two dances in a row, or to the same dance two years running - but also to lend out to visiting students who didn't think to pack one when coming to Scotland for six months or a year.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

tonight's work "uniform" - blue jeans, black biker boots and motorcycle jacket, royal blue scarf, and my favorite t-shirt. it reads, "talk nerdy to me". love it.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
tonight's work "uniform" - blue jeans, black biker boots and motorcycle jacket, royal blue scarf, and my favorite t-shirt. it reads, "talk nerdy to me". love it.

I'm trying to picture your bar by what you wear to work.

Maybe Twin Peak's Roadhouse? [Biased]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm wearing what I wore to work yesterday (it's my day off today), blue silk shirt, purple cord trousers, and a sort of smock top/fisherman's top with big pockets that came from Nepal Bazaar (local Fairtrade clothes shop), in shades of purple.

I have worn some quite outrageous stuff - including Star Trek original series mini dress with a blue body stocking underneath, white wig and antennae (I was being an Andorian).
Next week I will be going to Hereford Historical Day, on the bus, wearing full medieval dress and carrying a basket of spinning and weaving supplies.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
cattyish: 1) What are you wearing?
I'm still waiting for the first person to answer this question with 'nothing'.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But how come Star Fleet personnel never wear hats? [/QB]
Oh, I don't know...

I seem to remember a lot of holodeck hats, including a jaunty number Captain Picard wore at the beginning of 'Generations".

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I'm wearing a white mundh and nothing else. It is sort of like a sarong.

LeRoc, WW almost said he was wearing nothing. Does close count?

Me, I'm in scrubs @ work. Clothes of choice are usually breezy cottony things, sundresses or long flaring thin cotton dance skirts and cholis or similar.

[ 06. July 2012, 13:41: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TomOfTarsus
Shipmate
# 3053

- Posted      Profile for TomOfTarsus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I couldn't be more boring, fashion-wise. it's either casual slacks or shorts and a standard, short or long sleeve button-down shirt for me, pretty much all the time. In winter, flannel shirts and blue jeans, but all pretty much the same deal. It's "casual Friday" at work today, so instead of slacks, it's shorts.

ETA: Link to the best Star Trek hats ever.

[ 06. July 2012, 14:07: Message edited by: TomOfTarsus ]

--------------------
By grace are ye saved through faith... not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ... ordained that we should walk in them.

Posts: 1570 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orchid seersucker pants along with an orchid t-shirt clothes are chosen for comfort. My quirky clothes are sweat pants worn with a t-shirt well chewed by my parrot. That shirt is not worn in public. Since I'm no longer working for the Dress Code Nazis I aim for comfort.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eigon:

Next week I will be going to Hereford Historical Day, on the bus, wearing full medieval dress and carrying a basket of spinning and weaving supplies.

Wonderful! We're off to Tewkesbury Medieval Festival next weekend - maybe see you en route...

Alas, I can't get into my medieval dresses anymore [Waterworks] ... but at least at Tewkesbury we can pick up a dagger or three for the wall [Biased] .

Most days I'm just in jeans and t-shirt, which I suppose is boring but comfy.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am wearing what I wore to my weight-loss club: black Adidas trousers from a track suit, a navy blue t-shirt with a silk-screen graphic about a fake rowing club ( that I got at M&S in Oxford Circus the last time I was in London and BA lost one of my suitcases ), dirty white Nikes and short socks. I did take off my shoes and my heavy Seiko self-winding watch before weighing in with empty pockets.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
I'm still waiting for the first person to answer this question with 'nothing'.

But I wouldn't be able to read the screen without my glasses.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Often just boxers - given the climate here. Or less, but I won't mention that [Hot and Hormonal] *. However if anyone is around, even kuruman, I am far too prudish, and go for shorts and a tee. Come the wet season tee shirts are too clinging so I go for shorts and a cotton dress-shirt - usually getting through three or four a day.

If the temperatures drop below about 25°C I swop the shorts for dress trousers. I have not ever had the need for a second layer.

*I go for air drying under a fan. Towels don't do much here. Not, repeat not a pretty sight.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016