homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Giant Cheeseburger

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Giant Cheeseburger
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My mistake, I'll be clearer in distinguishing between misogynistic pricks and misogynistic prick-like statements in the future.

Mealy mouthed bat-licking idiot.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh look. Your really really dumb Purgatory thread came back to bite you. Who'd have thunk?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Idiot.

Argue with me in Purg, call me names here.

You think its really dumb then show me how. THERE. Fuckwit.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it was a reasonable OP for discussion, and points were being got across. On the other hand I don't completely get the female shot-putter comment that started the bad tempered bit.

(Thought I'd wait until I understood more before starting the name calling).

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

I think the points raised in purg were well made and I said so (Ironically to Orfeo). I think my (honestly intended lighthearted) shot-putter remark was misplaced, sorry. Some of the comments on the thread have really made me think, thanks for all that (It is what Purg is for).

What pisses me off is having been called for C3 GCB posts sophistic bullshit.

[ 05. August 2012, 16:09: Message edited by: Pyx_e ]

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I assumed that the female shot-putter aside had to do with that mildly amusing BBC stunt (with a thread to go with it in Heaven) where you put your height and weight into an ap and it told you which Olympic athlete matched your body type. As a former female shot-putter I am flattered to think I might be Pyx_e's body double. Sort of.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
As a former female shot-putter I am flattered to think I might be Pyx_e's body double. Sort of.

There's so much wrong with that sentence I don't know where to start.

But [Killing me]

All the best Pyx_e. Calling people to hell isn't yet an olympic sport but keep up the training.

[ 05. August 2012, 16:53: Message edited by: mdijon ]

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What are you chasing, Pyx_e? GCB was called for the C3 violation and posted the almost as insulting 'apology' you have included in the OP. So I understand the desire for satisfaction. Be aware that the burger boy IME does not respond to hell calls. But, maybe I'm wrong.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
bat-licking

[Killing me]
This is my favourite insult of the week.
I am, however, easily pleased.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

One wonders if the bats are easily pleased.

--------------------

Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Bat-licker' isn't a cricket term? OliviaG
Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Didn't we once have a picture of Pyx_e, hanging from a bungie cord with his pants around his ankles? (Back view only, of course, this being a Christian message board.) Anyway, he definitely looked like a shot putter to me.
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
One wonders if the bats are easily pleased.

Depends where you lick them ........ I am told.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Anyway, he definitely looked like a shot putter to me.

He certainly likes to throw his weight around.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wendy's Restaurant's Baconator has 1/2 pound of fatty hamburger, six slices of bacon, mayo, and cheese; it is usually sold with large fries and a soft drink with about a gallon of sugar in it, and you can have it double or triple sized!
If you eat one of these bad boys more than twice in your life, your heart explodes. So if anyone is going to call a giant hamburger to Hell, maybe think about calling that one, 'kay?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[tangent] I hadn't noticed till we got HD that male shot-putters shave their armpits. [/tangent]

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Idiot.

Argue with me in Purg, call me names here.

You think its really dumb then show me how. THERE. Fuckwit.

Think I already did it. Right about the moment you said "good point".

Also, have I called you a name??

[ 05. August 2012, 23:25: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pyx_e--

You had GB's comment coming; it was just on the wrong board.

You started a thread that *seemed* pro-women, then threw in that stupid shot-putter comment. You neither apologized for it, nor responded to any of the several posts questioning you.

You were a jerk.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
You were a jerk.
True , it happens.

[ 06. August 2012, 08:00: Message edited by: Pyx_e ]

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

But only if you let it happen.

GK, not to disagree with your analysis, but in fairness Pyx_e did offer an apology on the hell thread.

--------------------

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
But only if you let it happen.
And I don't want to convert my mistake into some "deep profound" point. But. The sort of thinking that says only post when you are sure and right is going to kill a discussion board.

I took a bit of a flyer, I was a bit emotional, I screwed up, I learnt some stuff. All that works for me. In my book we are having conversations, not making pronoucements.

I am even enjoying the basting I'm getting for it, you guys are lovely [Axe murder]

AtB, Pyx_e

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I laughed at Giant Cheeseburger's comment at the time as I saw the truth in it - and it was clever. Your statement was an unthinking mysogynistic one and GC used humour to call you on it. (I was a little surprised at the hosting, but can see the point)

Maybe there are others in your repertoire that you might now rethink Pyx_e?

This is all very interesting as the thread you opened - 'tho misguided - was PRO women.

[Smile]

(PS - I agree in not only posting when we have it all wrapped up, RL conversations don't work like that either!)

[ 06. August 2012, 10:03: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I am even enjoying the basting I'm getting for it, you guys are lovely [Axe murder]

You call that a basting?

Farkin a mate, you're soft.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Trolls on fire off the shoulder of Heaven. I've watched raging sarcasm glitter in the dark near the Styx Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.

--------------------

Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, yes, but are you human?

(V good BTW).

And tgc's incessant tribalism does get tiring.

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Trolls on fire off the shoulder of Heaven. I've watched raging sarcasm glitter in the dark near the Styx Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain.

Poetic imagery is lost on this Philistine.

I still think you're soft.

Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
... Poetic imagery is lost on this Philistine. ...

And so are references to popular culture, apparently. OliviaG

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Is that what it was?

Yep. Grew up in Indonesia, don't watch telly in Australia.

Bit of a loser in that area.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Perhaps you should change your strapline to Ship's Loser

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Inger
Shipmate
# 15285

- Posted      Profile for Inger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Poetic imagery is lost on this Philistine.

I still think you're soft.

Google is your friend
Posts: 332 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blade Runner was crap tho'

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depends on the version tho.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depends on if the viewer is a joyless simulant merely pretending to have human-like feelings.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the more important question is whether Decker was a replicant?
I think probably yes.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:

Perhaps you should change your strapline to Ship's Loser
I couldn't possibly usurp the title from you. It would be unchristian of me.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:

HERESY!

Sad, sad little replicant has no taste. *pat, pat*

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

In fairness, the director's cut was much, much better.

--------------------

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:

Nooooooohhhhh! Any film that has a half-naked Rutger Hauer in bicycle shorts in the rain cannot be crap.

(And Harrison Ford; and fake eyeballs balanced on someone's shoulders. And Daryl Hannah squeezing the life out of Ford with her thighs. These are Good Things!)

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

It seems my list of Things to Watch And Read Before I Die is expanding:

1) The Princes Bride
2) Blade Runner
3) St Augustine's Confessions.

Life can be so burdensome at times.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where's my link to a half-naked Rutger then ? [Disappointed]

[ 08. August 2012, 12:38: Message edited by: Think˛ ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your wish is my command.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
I think the more important question is whether Decker was a replicant?
I think probably yes.

If he was then he wasn't a very strong replicant. Ford is on record as saying he thought the character was human.
Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016