homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » No, Mark Betts, I am not going to leave it (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: No, Mark Betts, I am not going to leave it
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I find that Mark embarrasses me with his humility.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Has Mark genuinely flounced this time or is it just another temper tantrum stomp off?

And ignoring Josephine is such colossal error on his part...

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He is annoying. He does not read for context or completeness. Picks out a tiny part to address. Much like arguing with a child who thinks they are clever.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He is posting as of 8/22 on other threads. As his reading comprehension is so poor when he attempts it, I'm not sure there's much point in posting on a thread he's abandoned, and therefore may not be reading at all. But then, I've been wrong before.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mark Betts, on the thread about the British government excluding some American preacher or other from the country:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Betts:
quote:
Originally posted by Alogon:
I feel that we in America owe all our love of freedom and due process to our British heritage. It is disappointing and distressing to see the Mother Country now throwing it all away with even greater enthusiasm than we are doing so ourselves. Can't you see, about six inches down the road in front of you, what a double-edged sword it is to let some bureaucrat in the government define "the public good" and limit your freedom of assocation accordingly?

I can see that Alogon. In fact, despite what I have said, it has been in the back of my mind - who else will our nanny-state government decide is not "in the public good" in months or years to come?
WTF is going on here?

Has his computer been hacked and taken over by someone of opposite views entirely?

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, ken, now you're being silly. It all depends on who's on the receiving end of governmental actions. Assaultive male preachers should be given free reign. Noisy female pop stars need to be sat on, hard.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Personaly, I'm worried about his lack of humility, but I don't do that well myself.

Archbishop Akinola, is that you? [Biased]
[Killing me]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

Can I nominate Mark Betts for the position of Ship's Mitt Romney? He doesn't actually, that I can see, have any basic principles at the core.

YMMV; I am open to being corrected. Can someone see the ghost of an actual principle he believes in and consistently sticks to?

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Porridge:
Can I nominate Mark Betts for the position of Ship's Mitt Romney? He doesn't actually, that I can see, have any basic principles at the core.

YMMV; I am open to being corrected. Can someone see the ghost of an actual principle he believes in and consistently sticks to?

This is deeply unfair to Senator Romney, who I believe has deep principles. We just aren't allowed to know what they are. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
This is deeply unfair to Senator Romney, who I believe has deep principles. We just aren't allowed to know what they are. [Big Grin]

He'll release them when he releases his tax returns.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mark has topped his prior displays of arrogance and ignorance by questioning mousethief's knowledge of Orthodxy and his church attendance with the inference that he knows far more than mousethief. I've reread the Purg thread and he's had the correction and counsel of 3 people who have earned the respect here on the ship for their knowledge of Orthodoxy and the words and actions to back up their faith and others with extensive knowledge of church history, only to have snide remarks thrown their way prompting this hell call. Now the open attack on mousethief from a relative newby both to the ship and Orthodoxy takes the arrogance to new heights. And I salute Josephine for her usual reply with class.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl:
And I salute Josephine for her usual reply with class.

Yep. Putting "Before the services start." on a separate line was ALL class. [Overused]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Haydee
Shipmate
# 14734

- Posted      Profile for Haydee   Email Haydee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:

Yep. Putting "Before the services start." on a separate line was ALL class. [Overused]
Agreed! I can't wait for the next new thread he opens to avoid answering the current three...
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Haydee:
I can't wait for the next new thread he opens to avoid answering the current three...

[Killing me]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eventually we'll get "Pussy Riot: The Next Generation".

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Featuring Patrick Stewart?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Under a balaclava, so it doesn't really matter.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh it does.

Patrick Stewart can easily shine through a baklava.

Tho I still think Pyxe and leo would look great in mini skirts.

[ 27. August 2012, 12:52: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Patrick Stewart is cool.

Mark Betts, on the other hand, is a plonker.

PeteC invited me here to say so.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

Does Mark have the decency admit he was wrong? Does he apologize to mousethief for pretty much snidely questioning his Orthodox faith? Of course not, it's mousethief's pride that's the problem, not Mark's lack of knowledge on the issue in question.

quote:
You can be as condescending as you like, everyone knows you have been Orthodox longer than I have, but you shouldn't forget the worst sin of them all - pride.

I suggest Mark Betts take a good long look in the mirror on the issue of pride and arrogance.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In his defense, it's hard to see in front of your face when you've got your head up your ass.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Oh it does.

Tho I still think Pyxe and leo would look great in mini skirts.

Agreed on Patrick Stewart. But did you really have to present the image of Leo and Pyxe in miniskirts??

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I very rarely visit the Nether Regions of the Ship but I would like to formally second Gamaliel's motion:

This House Believes that Mark Betts is a Plonker.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:

Good filo pastry has a sort of translucent quality, admittedly.
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

In the Purg thread after both Josephine and mousethief made their posts proving Mark in error on both Orthodoxy but mousethief's position and attendance in his church there was this prediction:

quote:
Originally posted by Haydee on 8/26 :
Shall we start a sweepstake on how long it takes for him to redefine his comment so he's not 'wrong'?

Mark has just posted that we all missed the point he was trying to make and he was right after all. The dude is nothing but predictable.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tee hee. I think it's adorable how Mark just keeps shoving his foot in every time he opens his mouth. Please, O epic Mansplainer, mansplain some more to us!

Also, Josephine and Mousetheif, the reno on your church looks lovely. Admittedly, I haven't been up to visit in a while, but I do like that shade of blue.

[ 27. August 2012, 15:02: Message edited by: Spiffy ]

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see that he's posted in Styx about how awful it is that the Ship is being sunk by all these reactionary liberals... all the while ignoring the fact that liberals and conservatives CAN get along here (and in the world at large) if both sides can argue/discuss things in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.... ohhhh, wait! He's not thoughtful or reasonable.... that would definitely be a handicap. Silly little fucktard, maybe he'll grow out of it someday.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
I see that he's posted in Styx about how awful it is that the Ship is being sunk by all these reactionary liberals... all the while ignoring the fact that liberals and conservatives CAN get along here (and in the world at large) if both sides can argue/discuss things in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.... ohhhh, wait! He's not thoughtful or reasonable.... that would definitely be a handicap. Silly little fucktard, maybe he'll grow out of it someday.

I bet the view is spectacular from atop his cross.
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

Where's Rook?

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Haydee
Shipmate
# 14734

- Posted      Profile for Haydee   Email Haydee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agreed! I can't wait for the next new thread he opens to avoid answering the current three...
The 4th thread! It's happened in The Styx [Killing me]
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The 4th thread! It's happened in The Styx [Killing me]
And that makes both of your predictions spot on. And Mark totally predictable. It comes down to the fact that he Always.Has.To.Be Rght.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haydee For The Win. Although I must say it didn't exactly require the deluxe model crystal ball. [Biased]

--------------------

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Does Mark have the decency admit he was wrong? Does he apologize to mousethief for pretty much snidely questioning his Orthodox faith?

mousethief answered Mark's insinuative question - comprehensively. I haven't seen Mark's acknowledgement that his attempted dig at mousethief's Orthodox credentials was wrong as well as ungracious. No doubt it's all part of the 'Liberal Consensus' of which I am but a lowly slave with no thoughts of my own; but I find it difficult to continue hoping for the best for Mark, when he can't even back-pedal on a simple but obvious mistake like that.
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Haydee
Shipmate
# 14734

Just as well, the deluxe one is out of my price range [Big Grin]
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Haydee For The Win. Although I must say it didn't exactly require the deluxe model crystal ball. [Biased]

It maintains Mark Betts' record of not engaging in existing debate when the going gets tough, but starting a new one (in the wrong place too!).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Liberal Consensus" seems to be defined in the Bettsy Dictionary Of Modern English as "not bowing down to my obvious correct assertations because I have a penis and I'm waving it about on the Internets."

I wonder if he's running for political office this election season.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, Mark has just backed down on the Mousethief thing, although he's left himself wriggle-room by saying that there is a legitimate place for pointing out another's faults.

Yes, there is. Which is what we're doing here, Mark. However Hellish it may same it may scourge you and you'll thank us for it ...

Well, perhaps not ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I like how he said he "flounced" his Hell call, as if that's a good thing? And "Lalalalalaa (I'm not listening)"? Isn't there a minimum age thing for the ship? Perhaps that's the problem here. He's acting like he's about 13. Maybe 12.

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think we're getting into the territory of bespoke vocabulary.

Betts (n) A haughty flounce, removing oneself from the appalling prospect of being wrong without acknowledging that the possibility exists.

Betts (vb.) (1) to hold fast to the self-evident truth of one's own correctness in the face of all available evidence.

(2) To remove oneself from any and all evidence of one's own error, however blatant.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

quote:
I like how he said he "flounced" his Hell call, as if that's a good thing? And "Lalalalalaa (I'm not listening)"? Isn't there a minimum age thing for the ship? Perhaps that's the problem here. He's acting like he's about 13. Maybe 12.

I was thinking that earlier as it would explain the "I know everything and everyone else is wrong" attitude.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:

I think that the problem is there's no reliable emotional age verification system. Which is good, since I'd be tossed right out.

Now, as I'm home sick from work, I'm going to watch some more My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

Pardon the potential double post but I hadn't traveled back up to Purg to see that the lalalalalala was a) a direct quote from Bettsy, and b) directed at a comment I made.

I'd call him a tool, but he's not useful. I'd call him a dick, but those are fun sometimes. I'd call him a wanker, but that goes without saying. I'm going to settle on Self-Appointed Admiral of the Douchecanoe Navy.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mark in your Styx OP you accuse some H&As in joining in the lambasting of you for being of a different tradition or because they are more liberal than you are or something, though you avoid being specific, as you do in most of your posts.

Yes, I am proudly theologically and politically at the left end of the spectrum but my comments re your behaviour here have nothing at all to do with our political or theological differences. If I did that I would, quite rightly, be called to Hell on my own account. There are many Shipmates who have different views from my own and that is good and right and proper. I respect them regardless of my possible disagreement with their views. It appears that some of them respect me.

My difficulty with you is not in the least about what you believe - it is about how you behave. This is an internet discussion board, it is generally a friendly sort of place; our opinions of one another are, perforce, based mainly on how we perceive one another over this strange electronic medium and that is governed by how we behave in community. Over the years a few people have arrived and behaved badly had their unreasonable behaviour pointed out to them and then flounced - others have arrived, behaved badly, had their unreasonable behaviour pointed out to them, taken it to heart and changed to become valued members of our little community - a very few have arrived, behaved badly, had their behaviour pointed out to them and not changed at all and this has, sadly, led to Admins eventually becoming officially involved, because to them is given the responsibility of keeping our good Ship afloat.

Your choices are before you, I pray you choose wisely.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grasshopper. [Cool]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

I think chances run pretty high that Mark Betts is not reading this thread. Composing well-meant lessons and advice to him here, in an effort to secure his berth, is probably a waste of time and talent.

For venting, of course, this thread remains useful. Scrolling past Betts' excretions is less time-consuming, though.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I think chances run pretty high that Mark Betts is not reading this thread. Composing well-meant lessons and advice to him here, in an effort to secure his berth, is probably a waste of time and talent.

For venting, of course, this thread remains useful. Scrolling past Betts' excretions is less time-consuming, though.

It's okay. People are saying mostly the same things to Mark Betts on the Styx thread but sticking to the 10Cs. Of course, he might have abandoned that thread already, too.

It's rather cute and child-like how he has faith that if he starts a new thread, this time everyone will "get it" and he'll be acknowledged as being right.

Sometimes they grow up too fast, and sometimes not fast enough.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

quote:

I'm pretty sure he has stopped reading the Styx thread too, as soon as he realized people weren't going to cave in and say "You're right, libruls r SO mean [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] Sorry for being awful."
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
quote:

I'm pretty sure he has stopped reading the Styx thread too, as soon as he realized people weren't going to cave in and say "You're right, libruls r SO mean [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] Sorry for being awful."
I expect he's reading it all and treating the unity shown by Shipmates from left, right and centre as yet another sign of the liberal consensus. We're all out of step with him, don't you get it??

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
quote:

I expect he's reading it all and treating the unity shown by Shipmates from left, right and centre as yet another sign of the liberal consensus. We're all out of step with him, don't you get it??
I agree he's reading it all. It either feeds his persecution complex or he's loving the attention. He'll either flounce or continue his behavior and get banned. There is the outside chance he'll take correction to heart and change his interaction with shipmates in discussions, but sadly I doubt it. I do mean sadly because I've seen him in a few discussions where he has engaged and made a positive contribution. Not for a while, but it was there.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

Numerous people weighed in on the Styx forum in a respectful way, suggesting that maybe he's being needlessly argumentative for argument's sake. What does he do? Argue with THAT interpretation!

If Paul, Moses and John the Evangelist all came down to explain something to Mark, he'd argue with them and tell them that they clearly just don't understand.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016