homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Ladies and Gentlemen, the Santa Fe Meet PLUS (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Santa Fe Meet PLUS
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2012 OKC-Santa Fe-Four Corners Shipmeet

Only a handful of photos, but it goes three pages 'cause I have them set as large as possible.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WOW! Motherboard and I just love those photos, Janine.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Poor little spastic camera, had to go to sleep in my pocket half the time with migraine... but when he's on, he's on! Some of the colors look richer than I remembered.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

In the OKC video clip re: waiting for the Red Earth parade to start, you can hear me & Motherboard nattering about how we love bling. [Smile]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Darn, I've been "outed" about the bling problem. [Snigger] [Killing me]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are some great photos there, Janine - and everyone else.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great photos everyone - thanks for sharing them
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Macgyver's Apprentice
Shipmate
# 603

- Posted      Profile for Macgyver's Apprentice   Author's homepage   Email Macgyver's Apprentice   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Janine,

Some great photos there.

--------------------
"In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it." - Emile Zola
2011 New Mexico Meet & Grand Canyon

Posts: 416 | From: The Clyde Valley | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macgyver's Apprentice
Shipmate
# 603

- Posted      Profile for Macgyver's Apprentice   Author's homepage   Email Macgyver's Apprentice   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm also nibbling away at my photos.

5 more photos

--------------------
"In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it." - Emile Zola

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Lovely photos all around. I always anticipate what y'all put up, all of them are great.

I swear, it's so hot and I'm soooo disgusted with the humidity, I have a use for Vernal Falls and Tenaya Lake -- as in, I should go jump in them. I missed people back home while I was away for the Meet, but that hot steamy barber-towel-to-the-face when I got off the plane in New Orleans almost made me run screaming back up the gangway.

*Sigh* I miss the desert.

I was thinking about Bisti while I put a load of white laundry on the clothesline this afternoon. We were walking into a sandy area, kicking up dust; the hike into the Bisti Badlands was almost the only time during the Meet when I actually broke a tiny little sweat. Therefore, I revelled in that shower when we went back to the hotel.

But that white shirt I had on -- it had been worn, and was decorated with some tomato/chili stains. (Hey, I was walking into badlands. I was wearing the coolest/flowiest I had, never mind the signs of last night's dinner.)

When I walked out, I was a little dusty and windblown, at least the dark hair and clothing were -- but the shirt had become white as snow. [Paranoid] Something backward about that.

It doesn't work outside of the desert, I guess. The white T-shirts I left on the clothesline at home, for some sun, forgotten out here while I was at the Meet, had been wet enough often enough that they now sport a fine heather-mist of grey marks all over them -- mold!

--------------------

Macgyver's Apprentice
Shipmate
# 603

My apologies for taking so long, but my photos from the Shipmeet are now posted here .

As is usual with my photos, not a Shipmate to be seen!

--------------------

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As usual your photos are excellent. I enjoyed flipping through them.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Wonderful stuff, as usual, M.A., beautiful! Thanks for the link.

Hey, didn't that one I asked you take of me in front of the trash can come out? [Killing me]

I love all the rock and canyons and clear water, rainless expanses and cool temps in summer. I never get to see that stuff, living on gumbo mud in a sauna.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my gosh, such wonderful memories! We can tell you had a great time.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brilliant photos all round, I think. It must have been a fabulous Meet.

I'll close this thread now and we'll wait for the next one, if there is to be one, next year.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016