homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Paschal penguin 2012.... the flipper strikes back (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Paschal penguin 2012.... the flipper strikes back
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Earwig! I am nowhere NEAR posting yet. Or even buying, beyond one special little item. Still planning like mad.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Parcel packed and presented to postal penguin.

(As it's a very long way to travel, the penguin will be hitching a lift on an aeroplane)

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Planing to pursue this post-weekend (i.e. on Monday!)
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Contents of the parcel now assembled. Plan to pack and send on Monday.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

The parcel is winging its way to its destination.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2 parcels, one for me and one for Motherboard winging it heir way to Wales and the UK.
Now we hope the penguins like the gifts we have chosen.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

Does anyone else feel an odd connection with people you have sent parcels too? I find I take particular notice of their postings, and have to remind myself that we have not actually met!

[ 26. March 2012, 22:51: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
Does anyone else feel an odd connection with people you have sent parcels too? I find I take particular notice of their postings, and have to remind myself that we have not actually met!

Yes! And as the Paschal Penguin's Personal Aide, I even get this sense of connection to all the people who sign up for the Paschal Penguin. But especially to those people I've sent parcels to.

Good, isn't it?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Paschal Parcel Dispatched yesterday morning. I really hope it makes it in time!

And thankyou thankyou thankyou Paschal Penguin for my parcel, which arrived this morning. My dad was very confused when I was doing a penguin dance around the kitchen!

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Me too.

I'm despatching Mr C on Thursday to purchase gift and it will be posted by the weekend.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel connected with many people on the Ship, especially those Ive had personal contact with - not just at Shipmeets, but those I've sent gifts to. [Smile]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Paschal Parcel Posted. Penguin on her way. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Parcel packed. Off to entrust it to the penguin...

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posted!

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Penguin has packed his little knapsack and started the long waddle south.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I have received an enigmatic package from Paschal Penguin. Thank you. [Yipee] I will resist the temptation to open it until Easter (if willpower will allow)!
My sendee, on the other hand, will not have to resist because I'm afraid the package is not yet posted though now packed and ready to go. It will be winging its' way on Monday - hope it will arrive in time.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have already received a lovely laminated card with two dear Kitties on it telling me my parcel is on its way.

I, on the other hand, am still collecting goodies. I hope that MrD will finish his contribution today, so it MAY get posted tomorrow (if Mr D would be so kind as to go to get bread via the Post Office) Sorry, Sendee, it's looking as though Easter Week is a more probable ETA than Holy Week.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I am happy to know that the parcel I entrusted to the Penguin reached its destination and is appreciated!

I am listening out for the sounds of tiny flippers bringing one to me...

--------------------
Still missing the gator

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perused, picked, packaged and about to be posted.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Package entrusted into the loving arms of the postal system. It has some miles to travel --- fly quickly little parcel.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I managed to grab hold of a penguin today, so parcel is paddling it's way north-ward.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

A tired little Penguin arrived this morning. Tired not from the distance crossed, but from the weight of the wonderful pot of honey in his beak.

It is very special, obviously produced with love and care. I particularly like the little label on the back of the jar: 'Not Ecessively Filtered. Pollen Grains Remain'

We will save it for Easter morning breakfast.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I arrived home this evening to discover a suspicious bulge under my doormat. Upon inspection, the bulge proved to be, not the Penguin herself (as I had briefly hoped), but certainly the very next best thing: a terribly exciting parcel. Said parcel is unopened and waiting for Easter morn.

Thank you very much, Ms Penguin Ma'am. [Yipee]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Dormouse

# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr d met the penguin on his way to the post office and entrusted the parcel to him...he then says he spent some time teaching the post office ladies the welsh for Wales. There's a bit of an giveaway!!!

--------------------
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Penguin parcel on it's way!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mine has arrived, which is a bit embarrassing as I haven't actually even worked out what my penguinee will get...

Trying to save it for Easter day, but I think the postmark is a giveaway as to who it's from.

Fit like?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apparently a packet has arrived for me. Since I'm not expecting anything from anywhere else, I can only conclude that my neighbours have kindly taken in a penguin and are looking after it for me.
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Penguin came! Penguin came! [Yipee]

A lovely squishy packet with a Royal Mail sticker was waiting for me when I got home. I resisted opening it - for about 30 seconds. [Hot and Hormonal]

I will nobly refrain from eating the teeny Lindt bunny or the Green & Blacks bars until Easter, but the nifty shopping bag will make its debut at the farmer's market on Saturday - if I can ever get it out from under the fuzzy little haunches of Elderkitty.

Many thanks, UK Penguin! (Great self-portrait in the card, BTW).

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Penguin parcel is on the way!
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can now confirm that my neighbours did indeed take in a lost penguin on my behalf. [Smile]
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Penguin has picked up parcel and poddled off into the mists...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, there's a penguin wandering around our flat twiddling its flippers, waiting for me/Sandemaniac to finish coping with Real Life™ and get some parcels sorted! Looks like both our penguinees are going to get parcels nearer to Pentecost. Sorry. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

The flippered one has just left a parcel of Easter choccies at my door.

Thank you very much. I looking forward to tucking in tomorrow.

[ 07. April 2012, 08:24: Message edited by: ElaineC ]

--------------------

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
le pingouin est arrivé!

*I will not open it, I will not open it...yet*

Thank you PP [Smile]

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh. Is that what this thread is about? [Hot and Hormonal]

[Sings to self, sadly, in best Judy Collins voice]

Well ... maybe next year

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm so sorry - the Penguin got seriously distracted by the sight of me up and down a stepladder, painting ceilings and washing windows. So distracted, he stayed to supervise, as is right and proper according to Elf'n'Safety.

I will send him on his way post-haste on Tuesday! It will still be within the Octave... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

The penguin has now left the building....

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

I could not restrain myself and have opened my package. Thank you whoever you are - New Mexico looks tremendous. And lovely colourful cross too which i will be using to decorate my workplace. [Smile]

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooh! Oooh! My Penguin knows me very well - I have soap made from Aberdeenshire rape oil, and jute twine for the garden all the way from Forfar spun on the original 1920s machinery (these things are important!), wrapped in a Verdant Works flyer - plus a bar of Tablet [Yipee] , which I am saving for a day in the lakes next week when we can see northwards across the Solway Firth. It seems apt!

Thank you very, very much. I think my guess from the postcode was spot on - Fit like, Quine?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nae bad ava, Sandemaniac.

My church Women's Group* had a visit to the place they press the rapeseed oil; it was quite fascinating.

* Officially the Young Wives, but some of the Young Wives have grandchildren; in our congregation anyone without a bus pass is regarded as Young.)

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

I am briefly the proud owner of two bars of the most amazing chocolate, one white, one dark. (99% Dark Chocolate - how is that even possible?) And a little collection of cards and postcards as well, which is a lovely touch. Thank you very much, most kind and generous penguin. [Yipee]

There is a cryptic signature in one of the cards ... Qoheleth ... is that you ...?

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you so much for the first chocolate of Easter from Eton College. I reckon a penguin would look quite stylish in the uniform.

quote:
Originally posted by Cottontail:
... Qoheleth ... is that you ...?

[Razz]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

Thank you, thank you, lovely PP. Green fingers and thumbs will be happily exercised for planting of lettuce, dishes will be happily dried by the lovely Guernsey tea-towel, and the small yellow fluffy chick is now hanging out with some lambs on a books shelf.
Delightedly,
Joan K [Smile]

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

quote:
Originally posted by Enigma:
I could not restrain myself and have opened my package. Thank you whoever you are - New Mexico looks tremendous. And lovely colourful cross too which i will be using to decorate my workplace. [Smile]

The PP sent me a wonderful cross from New Mexico last year. I wonder....

--------------------
Still missing the gator

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely choklit duckies, plus other choklit goodies!

Thank you, PP!

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Enigma:

The PP sent me a wonderful cross from New Mexico last year. I wonder....
And I too have received a lovely cross from New Mexico ...

--------------------

Dormouse

# 5954

This is a much later addition. I'm not sure it counts as a Double Post as there are a couple of hours between the two...

I should have said, that I received a lovely cross from New Mexico a couple of years back, in case the New Mexican PP is starting to worry that S/he has amnesia!

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Many thanks to the Penguin for the candle and the choccies. Both are very welcome [Smile]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Motherboard and I are still waiting for a Paschal Penguin, but we had a wonderful Easter and we are glad you did too!

Maybe we have become too predictable; next year we will try some creativity. Perhaps we should host a Penguin Pilgrimage to Chimayo.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An unexpected trip to the isle of wight resulted in me not being able to get the parcel into the post before today. It'll be committed to the waiting flippers of the penguin tomorrow morning and hopefully winging its way to one of those people who are still awaiting the arrival of a paschal treat.

Meanwhile, a cheery greeting from the open front door this morning heralded the arrival of a rather special-looking brown envelope. I am not going to open it until I have posted mine tomorrow (conscience doesn't permit!) .... but the eager anticipation is tantalising! [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016