homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mornington Crescent (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mornington Crescent
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, dear. The only way round that is via

Bank

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and thence to Marble Arch

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A rather cruder construction, architecturally speaking, to be found among the greensward in north-west London: Stonebridge Park.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

- Posted      Profile for decampagne   Email decampagne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clock House
Posts: 86 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I say, Decampagne, that was a bit impressive. You leave me very little option but a double reverse flip to Charing Cross

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And that is it folks. Goodnight and so to . . .

Mornington Crescent!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've not won before so I'd better start this game.

High Street Kensington

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That was rather well played. Congratulation. [Smile]

My favorite reply to the Kensington Gambit is to make an end-run around the District line, but perhaps this time I'll shake things up and start out west:
Shepherd's Bush Market

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But isn't that so low-brow?

Surely one would prefer to make one's purchases at Bond Street?

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

- Posted      Profile for decampagne   Email decampagne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(shakes fist, pursued by bear)
I'll show you lowbrow!

En route... IKEA Ampere Way

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Greenford

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like this shopping idea:

Tottenham Court Road

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Piglet! What have you done! That's as bad as Goodge Street (and you know what that leads to).

Tooting Bec

(to offer a prayer at the shrine of St. Reatham)

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cockfosters!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Oh heck. I've got to keep the game out of knid if we don't want to get into a stupid loop.

Barking

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry about the TCR move earlier on - you know what a sucker I am for retail therapy.

To make amends, may I suggest Leytonstone as the shops round there look very boring.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

So why don't you nip down the Central Line to Stratford for the new Westfield Centre?

(Or stay on the train and go to the other one at Shepherd's Bush, which I prefer).

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A reverse shunt to

Oval

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Ooooh, cricket ... [Confused]

Sorry - I'm Scottish and female, so I can't possibly be expected to understand cricket. I can, however, make sense of tennis:

Wimbledon

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can not think of any more sporting stations, except for this one:

Kenton

(1.e. Archery)

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

I think there was once a shooting range at Preston Road.

[ 15. May 2012, 15:47: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

They say it's grim up north

Lancaster Gate

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Paddington

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

We might think of going to Peru, however we will have to be content a quick trip on the Southbury Loop to Turkey Street. Your Travelcard will still be valid.
SFG
Apprentice
# 17081

- Posted      Profile for SFG   Email SFG   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No to Peru. Yes to a tour of England, Robinson style at the Tate. So

PIMLICO

--------------------
_ _ _____________________ _ _
A new member hoping to get it right!

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Ah, but you'll need to get your Passport renewed first.

Nearest stop for the Passport Office is St. James's Park, I believe.

[ 15. May 2012, 21:09: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I want to go and see that new sculpture thingy they're all getting hot under the collar about:

Stratford should be in about the right direction.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Don't bother, it's HORRIBLE.

Go and see some proper sculpture at the Tate ... and so, back to Pimlico I suggest.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Hmmmm ... art ... architecture ... it'll have to be:

Glasgow Charing Cross [Smile]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well then, let's take off to the Great White(ish) North at Glasgow Queen Street.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

Great Yarmouth Vauxhall
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

Good move Decamp- and welcome!

But I think I can get out of Nidd and offer Piglet a way in, if I go to

Severn Tunnel Junction

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Following with some interest though I shan't be playing this time, as I won it all the last time I did. I am content to rest on my laurels now, though I do still have my map and a valid Oyster card if ever I change my mind!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks very much, Weeder - as Sir K. isn't actually playing I think honour, dignity and Rule 6* have been preserved.

As we seem to be heading west:

Bristol Temple Meads

* There is NO Rule 6, but if there were, it would be "Piglet follows the Weeder". [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yeah, and that move is so implausible, it's totally Cockfosters.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ophicleide16
Shipmate
# 16344

- Posted      Profile for Ophicleide16   Email Ophicleide16   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Following that line of defence strategy, the only move left is Dalston Kingsland.
Posts: 79 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Bow Church. For the bells - or not.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Covent Garden for fisherman's pie at Porter's. [Smile]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Vauxhall

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Vauxhall

Not again (sigh)...then it has to be Queenstown Road once more.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps we can make a return loop to

Cardiff Queen Street

Posts: 742 | From: Abertillery | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Which naturally suggests Alexandria-King Street

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Belfast (Great Victoria Street).
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An easy victory for someone...

Victoria

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

But I haven't gone to Manchester ...

King's Cross, then. (Yes, I know it should be Euston, but it's a weekend so all trains are diverted via Sheffield and Doncaster due to engineering works).

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

Warren Street

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As I suspect there'll be a bit of celebrating going on in Chelsea tonight, why don't we go to

Fulham Broadway

and join in the fun?

--------------------

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

But you'd have a quieter time if you stayed Fröttmanning.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Across the Alps to

Porto Ceresio

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Sorry - I'm working on the assumption that Trisagion's Bavarian entry is an indication that the Interrail Gambit is allowed.

If not:

Fordham

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016