homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » July 2012 Fitness Race (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: July 2012 Fitness Race
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I ended up spending the whole night at the party helping with preparing/serving the food so no dancing at all [Frown] (OTOH my Scarlett O'Hara outfit was pretty damn fetching)

Still managed to get in 1 hour 10 minutes walk. For today 1 hour walk and 15 minutes cleaning the house (sweeping the floor and scrubbing the shower tiles).

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I did 1 hour 5 minutes high-speed walking today (should have done some cleaning too but decided Sunday is supposed to be a Day of Rest).

This makes my running total 9 hours and 52 minutes if my calculations are correct.

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sun 8th: A few hours of strenuous and emotional tennis. Oh wait, I was watching not playing.

OK in reality 25 mins commuter walking.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Friday, July 6th: (cont)
40 mins walking home via the shops (some of it carrying the dinner)
60 mins walking dog

Saturday, July 7th:
20 mins walking between shops (and at a fair lick because if the rain)
90 mins walking dog
5 mins vigorous hoovering
60 mins ceilidh dancing (in about 4 hours of ceilidh, offset by the stovies at half time)

Sunday, July 8th
90 mins walking dog in the forest

Total to add: 365 minutes
Total so far: 830 minutes or 13 hours and 50 minutes

A most satisfactory weekend total, methinks. And there's a local public holiday tomorrow so we'll probably spend at least some of the day tiring out the dog some more.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
8 July

30 minutes cycling to and from church in the morning.

2 hours cycling to Charlbury for a friend's birthday barbecue (via work to print out a map and via a small detour when I got lost). The ominous weather held off for long enough for us all to enjoy the barbecue!

15 minutes cycling home from the train station. (I don't count cycling from my friend's place to Charlbury station as exercise, as this was largely cruising down hill!)

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Busy day, many miles covered, but a lot of it behind the wheel. I did ring a 15 minute service touch plus an hour or so of rope-in-hand during practice. Plus quite a bit of walking to the needle in the haystack that is parking in London. At least 30 minutes on the hoof. So a (conservative) total for Sunday of one hour 45 minutes s. Sorry my running total is on the disappeared page. I will figure it out tomorrow. Busy now with Jeremy Irons unpacking the Henrys of The Hollow Crown. DV
Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Walked to the park to play tennis this morning - 23 minutes walking and 25 minutes running after balls I'd missed or hit in to the next court. We bought a new TV and offered our old one to a friend; add 15 minutes TV-lugging and furniture-moving.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
110 minutes . Most of that walking to buy worms.

730 minutes total.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 hour, hoping that going for a walk outside would bring storms and cold fronts down upon my unwary head.

For once, it didn't work.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariston, IF and I tried the same "Oh, let's go outside with no waterproofs and it will rain" tactic. No luck.

Let's start the walk to Canada?!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One hour at the gym this morning.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9 July

25 minutes of morning run.

15 minutes of cycle to work.

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 ht 50 min

Gym, plus walk to/from; plus walk to/ffrom pharmacy.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
20 minutes high-speed walking
2 hours 10 minutes heavy-duty cleaning

Running total: 11 hours 22 mins

(Having problems today with dodgy knee, but will keep going pro tem; may have to drop out if it doesn't get any better)

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I walked for 1 hour 25 minutes - commute, groceries and important bit of shopping (I took all my stuff to work so I can run there tomorrow morning but omitted to pack any underwear [Hot and Hormonal] which necessitated a trip to a lingerie shop on the lunchbreak (good thing there's a sale on...))

My knees are protesting a bit - I think my running shoes are Knackered™. Have ordered a new pair so hopefully all better in short order.

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Better enter up the backlog.

Previous balance 3hr 55mins

Wed 4th July - 70 minutes cycling to work & back
Thur 5th July - 70 mins cycling to work and back
Fri 6th July - nothing at all
Sat 7th July - 20mins (5 min walk to hairdresser, 5 min mad dash to cash machine as I didn't have enough money, 5 min dash back to hairdresser, 5 min walk home).
Sun 8th July - managed to squeeze a bit of sport watching in between church and more church - but no time for actual exercise.
Mon 9th July - 80 mins walking half way to work and half way home again.

I make that another 240mins (or 4 hours) so new total 7hrs 55mins

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, today has really well and truly made up for lost time. I can barely walk!

Three hours playing in the garden: football, bikes and "it".

Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was quite good on Friday, and managed 40 minutes of walking. Sadly I then spent a lot of Saturday somewhat hungover and managed 10 minutes of walking. Sunday involved 30 minutes of chores and walking but today has been very good and had 40 minutes walking and 60 minutes kickboxing.

Which I think adds 3 hours to my total, but kickboxing has sapped all my energy and my arithmetic might be a bit out!

Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, so I opted in at lunchtime on Wed 4 July, then forgot to post for several days. So here's something of a catch-up post.

4 July, 30 minutes cycling home.

5 July, 30 minutes getting to work, 40 minutes getting home by the scenic (and muddy!) towpath. I make that 1 hour 10 minutes for the day.

6 July, just 4 minutes walking between work carpark and work site. After the problems trying to get home when there were serious traffic incidents on 2 of my 3 possible routes, I couldn't face going out on the bike that evening...

7 July. Nothing to count for the race. Just one of those days.

8 July
  • 7 minutes walking to church
  • 25 minutes service ringing and ringing down
  • 7 minutes walking home (interspersed with pauses for gossip)
  • 10 minutes chopping back a rosebush that fell out of the hedge
That's 49 minutes for the day.

9 July, 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes home again, making 1 hour for the day.

Total so far is 3 hours 33 minutes. Better get moving!

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, busy weekend with offspring home.

Sunday 7 - logging 60 minutes walk to and from tube includes 30 minutes rushing to find an atm while daughter waited in the queue for the recording of Old Harry's Game

Monday 8 - 2½ hours putting offspring on train and puddle hunting, to do so I walked a variation on the route from Saturday, took in Trafalgar Square but missed out Tate Modern. Also managed to move faster.

manana I'll do a catch up, but I reckon both Harmony Hope and Jane R have undercounted their times.

[ 09. July 2012, 23:09: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

60 minutes - and no heat to blame my apathy on!

790 minutes.

(eta words)

[ 10. July 2012, 02:40: Message edited by: Liberty ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
50 minutes of biking today.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK - checked when awake - I agree the total for Harmony Hope, but I think

Jane R has added up wrongly. I make her total 12 hours 22 minutes to the 9th July.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Totals to here - I should have done this on Sunday, sorry:
  1. la vie en rouge ..... 15h 0m
  2. Ultr1crepidarian .... 15h 0m
  3. To The Pain ......... 13h 50m
  4. Liberty ............... 13h 10m
  5. AristonAstuanax ... 12h 57m
  6. Susan Doris ......... 12h 40m
  7. Curiosity killed ..... 12h 25m
  8. Jane R ................ 12h 22m
  9. Deputy Verger ...... 12h 20m
  10. Jenn. .................. 10h 50m
  11. Yangtze .............. . 8h 45m
  12. harmony hope ....... 8h 30m
  13. Just Me ................ 7h 55m
  14. Meg the Red .......... 7h 50m
  15. Smudgie ............... 7h 10m
  16. comet ................... 6h 50m
  17. Scots lass .............. 6h 0m
  18. Tea gnome ............ 5h 55m
  19. blackbeard ............ 5h 35m
  20. Celtic Knotweed ..... 3h 33m
  21. Angel Wrestler ....... 1h 15m

la vie en rouge and Ultracrepidarian are both on 15 hours, but I was using the numbered list function out of laziness.

For my next trick, I'll give you previous times

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

CK:
quote:
Jane R has added up wrongly. I make her total 12 hours 22 minutes to the 9th July.

Really? Woohoo! I must have looked at the wrong post when adding up, or something.

Just as well this isn't the maths thread...

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Previous times, so you can set your targets against yourselves, not feel downhearted by those who have a better exercise habit, alphabetical order this time:

We have times for Nov07 / Jan08 / Jul08 / Jan09 / Jul09 / Jan10 / Ju10 / Jul11 / Jan12

Angel Wrestler - -/July10:17h19m / Jan12:17h31m

AristonAstuanax - first timer

blackbeard -/41h35m/30h50m/51h15m/40h50m/53h40m/27h40m/12h25m/33h45m

Celtic Knotweed 23h42m/-/42h/32h45m/41h42m/35h32m/39h/44h53m/35h39m

comet -/34h10m/58h45m/3h25m/-/-/41h40m/23h27m/57h25m

Curiosity Killed 49h40m/36h30m/29h/42h/54h20m/31h5m/34h55m/40h55m/19h55m

Deputy Verger Jul11:40m/Jan12:34h20m

harmony hope Jan12:23h29m

Jane R - first timer

Jenn. - Jan12:41h29m

Just Me - Jan12: 14h55

la vie on rouge -/-/46h/-/60h17m/-/32h10m/55h6m/32h45m

Liberty - first timer? can't find you under icklejen either

Meg the Red -/24h30m/-/11h25m/50h50m/22h52m/52h47m/-/34h28m

Scots lass Jul12:11h40m

Smudgie -/16h05m/5h30m/29h45m/11h30m/22h55m/14h40m/5h/5h31m

Susan Doris -/-/54h25m/45h55m/41h40m/36h55m/51h45m/37h25m/-

Tea gnome -/-/-/-/Jul9:29h30m/43h55m/45h10m/-/30h20m

To the Pain 27h35m/-/32h40m/29h2m/41h7m/39h30m/42h/-

Ultracrepidarian -/46h45m/57h20m/-/34h45m/-/8h50m/-/-

Yangtze 42h55m/27h55m/28h25m/40h20m/35h/40m/51h/41h40m/26h40m/13h55m

[ 10. July 2012, 08:34: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monday, July 9th:
20 mins walking to and from shops and lunch
75 mins walking dog
5 mins trampolining with dog in an effort to tire her out before a visitor arrived

Tuesday, July 10th (so far)
20 mins walking from garage to bus stop after dropping car off

Total to add: 120 minutes
Total so far: 950 minutes or 15 hours and 50 minutes

CK, you're a marvel! It's enough of challenge for me to keep my total under control, I'm always impressed that you keep them all straight.

All this miserable drizzle is not inspiring me to get out there and move, so hopefully the fitness race and the fact that I have forgotten my packed lunch will get me out at lunchtime today. And flatmate took the dog while I took the car this morning so I have a bit of catching up with myself to do. This week could have a good spread of dancing across it though, so that might help.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Thanks CK. I am genuinely surprised to be on top - I don't feel like I've put as much time in as some previous years, so that's nice.

I have a nasty feeling I have picked up Scots Lass's cold (can you catch a cold over the internet?). Took lots of vitamins and ran to work but fairly slowly and feeling a bit groggy. 8km/50 minutes. Here's hoping the exercise will give my immune system a kick up the backside...

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

Thanks CK! I was wondering how I was going - I haven't been keeping track this year. I'm pleased to see that I'm not doing badly at all so far. [Big Grin]

And it's very interesting to see the old times. I can definitely see the year where I got busy and dropped out!

9 July

50 minutes walking from work to choir practice to pub to home. I left my bike at work to avoid any chaos associated with the torch relay!

10 July

40 minutes walking to work from home.

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sunday 8th 10 mins walking
Mon 9th 20 mins walking, 50 mins climbing.
Tues 10th 120 mins walking

New total, 850 mins (14hr 10 mins)

Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
today, july 9 - 15 pushups! from toes! but that was less than a minute or two. all total - general callesthenics and yoga for 20 minutes. sucks for the race, but felt good.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Total today is as follows:

40 minutes at the gym
40 minutes high-speed walking
1 hour 30 minutes heavy cleaning

Total for today: 2 hours 50 minutes

Running total: 15 hours 12 minutes

I may not be able to post for the next couple of days - if so I will catch up on Friday.

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another 70 minutes cycling to work and back again today bringing the total to 9hrs 5 mins

In January I was trying for an average of half an hour a day (so 15hrs 30mins) and at 14 hrs 55 mins just failed.

Hopefully I'll beat that this time - at the moment I look right on target to just fail to double January. [Smile]

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Thirty minutes in the gym today.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Posting 30 minutes brisk walking - even brisker when I saw someone I didn't want to talk to (creepy guy) - and 10 minutes yoga stretches (ouch) - 40 minutes in all

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Liberty - first timer? can't find you under icklejen either

Yeah 2012 is the first time I've done any exercise ever. Apparently at some point I'll start liking it... still waiting!

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

OK. 45 minute walk + 40 minutes aerobics + 15 minute swim = 100 minutes

890 minutes in all.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

One hour walking to/from work, then twenty-three minutes riding in a downpour. I think I got soaked enough for it to qualify as swimming.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7/10 - better. 60 minutes walking to work, and a 30 minute bike ride on park trails with mini me.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

At a conservative estimate 1 hour 40 minutes walking yesterday (on the lunchbreak, to an evening meeting and home).

My new bright red Nikes have arrived [Big Grin] (woohoo for women's sportswear that isn't fuschia pink!!) Haven't actually tried running in them yet but they definitely feel bouncier than the old pair. Hopefully my little knees are going to feel happier.

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Tuesday, July 10th: (cont)
20 mins walking to and from shops for lunch
20 mins walking home from work
45 mins walking dog

Wednesday, July 11th (so far)
35 mins walking dog
20 mins walking to work

Total to add: 140 minutes
Total so far: 1090 minutes or 18 hours and 10 minutes

I'm happy that once I made up for missing the first day I managed to get my daily average over 90 minutes of activity, with 7 out of 11 days being over 100. Just got to keep it up but that shouldn't be a great challenge barring accident or illness.

This means that beating all my previous times should be a breeze, but maybe I should keep a bit of a lid on it - by the time the January race comes around I will live nearer to work and will have returned the dog.

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day 9 - bit desperate only 5 mins walking(Ugandan visitors and daylong course and daughter's trip abroad scuppered me!)but determined to log some exercise every day!

Day 10 - 60 mins dog walking

Day 11 - 60 mins dog walking...honestly I'm not that boring and I do try and do other exercise but the dogs do need their walk and I still have visitors...

Making a total of 635 mins I think - apologies CK if I keep adding it up wrong..very tired which doesn't help my mental maths! [Big Grin]

Thanks!

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

10 July

25 minutes cycling from work to climbing wall to home.

Roughly 1 hour 15 minutes worth of exercise at the climbing wall (a bit less than half the time I spent there). I'm sure I'd be very depressed if I worked out how much time was actually spent on the wall rather than standing around at the bottom trying to work out how to do a climb or waiting for my arms to recover. [Disappointed]

11 July

15 minutes cycling to work.

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 hr 50 min

Yesterday, Tuesday, to doc and back - no more bandages on leg thank goodness! Plus gym and walk to/from today, Wednesday.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh, I must be more disciplined about posting. Monday and Tuesday 25 minutes each. Today first PT session (owche) so an hour and twenty. Plus 1hour housework (included scrubbing bathoom tiles, a job i detest) Total this post 190minutes or three hours ten minutes.
Total altogether nine hours five minutes I think.

--------------------
Floating Fund!

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I am not sure which is winning, my halo or my aches and pains.

Suffice to say I have clocked up another one hour at the gym. My poor body doesn't quite know what's hit it.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bit of up-catching to do. Monday – an hour ringing, and about half an hour walking (including heaps of stairs, which are an occupational hazard), for 1h30m.

Tuesday 10th, one hour Pilates, an hour ringing (two-hour practice of which I was busy at least half the time), plus walking to and from bus and pub… at least half an hour, for another 2hrs30m. The weather is just too changeable to risk cycling. When it rains it really really rains.

Wednesday 11th – just 30 minutes ringing this evening, and about the same in transit. 1hr.

Total for three days (approx but conservative): 5 hours for a running total of 17hours 20mins.

Thanks, Curiosity, for the maths. You are a star. You hardly need our own calculations. Sadly the missing Jan 2011 race is the one in which I did well, but I forget the specifics. I remember being close to Blackbeard and Rosa Winkel and Comet, I think. Something weird with my last summer total unless I dropped out with less than an hour recorded! But I don’t remember and it doesn’t matter. It’s a new game, and I feel older!
[Waterworks]

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today 10 mins heavy cleaning, 30 mins walking, 1 hr zumba.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spent the last few days sailing, which had its moments (mainly due to very odd weather) but of course doesn't count. About the only thing which would count is a walk, on the island off the Hampshire coast, from Folly to Newport and back - about 2 hours total. And in sailing wellies, which, considering the state of the path, was just as well. Went past the site for the Isle of Wight festival - scene of desolation and mud.

So, 2 hours to add my my paltry total. Must do better, but not sure when the opportunity will arise.

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Couple more days to post. I've got to do more than my usual commute later this month, as we're checking on the vole whilst parents are away (Mum doesn't do normal pets [Razz] ). This might just up my times. [Smile]

10 July
  • 30 minutes to work
  • 32 minutes getting to parents ahead of the rain!
  • 22 minutes getting home
  • 10 minutes walk with Sandemaniac after dinner
Total for day of 1 hour 34 minutes.

11 July
  • 30 minutes to work
  • total of 28 minutes getting home with pause to avoid torrential downpour
  • walk to allotment and back probably 15 minutes worth of effort
Total for day 1 hour 13 minutes.

Total this post 2 hours 47 minutes, new running total 6 hours 20 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016