homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » July 2012 Fitness Race (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: July 2012 Fitness Race
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Considering where I am on the list I need to get moving! Aiming for over 1 hour/day, which just means getting a little bit of exercise over the weekend. I wrote down my times for the last few days to keep track of them, and have left them at home [Roll Eyes] - and having problems logging on from work...

ETA - so now that I'm logging in and posting at the same time, it lets me? [Confused] Work computer system gets odder.

[ 16. July 2012, 11:53: Message edited by: Celtic Knotweed ]

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 hrs 30 mins so far today, mostly walking. I went out intending to run but after 10 mins running i gave up. Running with a buggy is much more difficult than running without!
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
50 minutes high-speed walking
45 minutes workout at the gym

Running total: 20 hours 47 minutes (faint but pursuing)

[ 16. July 2012, 15:31: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 hr 10 min

Gym plus walk to/from, not getting too wet! Plus walk pm.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, 2 h coarse gardening and rubbish shifting.

Runnish to gym, gym, runnish back, 1 h

Total - respectable for once - 3 h

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today - sanding down and second coat on big wall in the kitchen because I shouldn't try doing it in this horrible light, or changing colours so dramatically: two lots of 45 minutes, hour walking around town - two trips up and down - total 2½ hours

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A humble hour's walking.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay - my lovely visitors now safely on their way home and some space at last and apologies for mass posting! So:

Day 12 - 60 mins doggy walking yet again!plus 10 mins strenous digging in terribly wet soil makes 70 mins

Day 13 - 60 mins ditto

Day 14 - 55 mins ditto doggy plus 45 mins extra walking at a pace to get to theatre on time ("Sister Act")makes 90 mins

Day 15 - 65 mins walking miraculously without dogs!

Day 16 (today) - 60 mins usual routine!

So I make that 275 extra hours added to running total of 635 mins makes I think 910 mins.

THank you CK for all your hard work on this! [Overused]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am in the Pacific NW - so no more complaining about the heat!

07/13 95 mins
07/14 75 mins
07/15 240 mins - loooooong, hilly hike!
07/16 60 mins

Most of this was hiking in Oregon. Today we arrived in Seattle, and IF and I were walking around the city, and I was kinda done walking and about to complain when we ran into one of my soccer heroes and I got to shake his hand. I'm beginning to be convinced that exercise isn't all evil... [Razz]

In summary: I *think* my total is 1,860 minutes. I *know* that CK rocks!

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monday, July 16th: (cont)
20 mins walking home
60 mins walking dog

Tuesday, July 17th (so far)
30 mins walking dog
20 mins walking to work

[b]Total to add: 130 minutes

Total so far: 2010 minutes or 33 hours and 30 minutes

quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I don't know, you might still get there...

OTOH, I have a strong competitive streak and since I'm near the top I think I'd quite like to win and consequently intend to give you a good run for your money [Biased]

Oh, right. I shall have to dredge up some competitiveness from somewhere to make it worth your while then. I almost let my flatmate take the dog out on her own last night because I was at the top of the list and wasn't feeling great.

Now I just have to work out which combination of walking/cycling will get me the most minutes while providing the optimum laundry/shopping/dogwalking schedule. And take advantage of the sunshine.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh. Been a bit busy and haven't posted times for a while.

12 July

25 minutes cycling from work to climbing to home.

About 1 hr 15 mins worth of exercise at the climbing wall.

13 July

40 minutes cycling from home to work to train station to home.

10 minutes of brisk walking from my (late-arriving) train to meet up with friends in London.

14 July

40 minutes walking to the shops and back home.

30 minutes cycling to different shops and to work to check email (my computer is broken [Frown] ) and back home.

25 minutes evening run.

15 July

About 1 hour's worth of walking from the parking to the far end of Bamford Edge for climbing, and then back along the paths at the end of the day.

I don't know how much time was spent climbing at Bamford, or how much climbing counts as exercise (a lot of it just involves standing around, albeit in precarious positions). I'm going to guess 2 hours 30 mins on the basis that we did six climbs and 25 mins per climb sounds about right for Sunday. (I know that 25 mins to go 10 metres is a bit slow, but we were going the hard way!).

16 July

50 minutes cycling from home to work to choir to a friend's place to home.

17 July

15 minutes cycling to work.

I'm now going to be away for the rest of the week on holiday and out of computer contact. On the other hand, it's going to be an active holiday helping friends with plastering and maintenance work on a house in Wales (isn't plastering what everyone does on holidays?) so hopefully I'll have some exercise to report from that.

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 hour 45 minutes commuter walking yesterday and 1 hour 10 minutes running this morning.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 hr

Gym, plus walk to, walk from there to Tesco, more walking in the afternoon. No rain for a change!!

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day 17 - 55 mins total on lovely beach and walking around fishing port.

total of 690 mins I think! [Smile]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Sorry - should that be 965 mins total? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Queries first:

harmony hope, you've under-counted somewhere on your post on 16 July by 70 minutes - I made you'd got to 980 minutes at the end of that post, and 1035 minutes, 17 hours 15 minutes by the end of today's post.

Liberty I made your total to the end of 16th July come to 1660 minutes, 27 hours 40 minutes - which was level pegging with la vie en rouge, until she posted.

Today - I managed to get sidetracked into 45 minutes decorating this morning, then 10 + 15 minutes brisk walking to get where I was going for an appointment, and 2½ hours walking back. By road, it's 4½ miles, but I managed to find ways of adding on extras in the Forest by taking the wrong path and doubling back on myself at least once, and it's less direct that route anyway. So I'm getting faster, particularly considering how skiddy and boggy the conditions were underfoot in places. That's 3 hours 40 minutes

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having finally got me, my note of times, and a computer, all in the same place, here goes with a catch-up post.

12 July: 29 minutes biking to work; 40 minutes biking from my workplace to Sandemaniac's workplace in torrential downpour; 20 minutes getting home. Total for day of 1 hour 29 minutes, and a pair of work shoes which didn't dry out completely till Sunday. [Frown]

13 July: 29 minutes getting to work and 28 getting home. Only managed 10 minutes ringing at practice due to being a bit late, and had to drive due to running late... Total for day of 1 hour 7 minutes.

14 July
  • 15 min out to allotment and back to pick veg
  • 16 minutes getting into town
  • 10 minutes town to parental abode
  • 33 minutes getting home again
  • 10 min keeping up with Sandemaniac walking from his work parking space to town and back
  • 30 minutes biking over to one of the Cowley Road curry places
  • 30 minutes biking home much later
Total for the day of 2 hours 24 minutes.

15 July
  • 10 minutes to church
  • 15 minutes ringing
  • 10 minutes getting back
  • 2 trips out to the allotment to weed and pick veg, which I'm going to count as 2 hours 35 minutes actual effort
  • bike ride up to Stanton St John to watch some daft cricketers 42 minutes
  • bike ride back with more downhill in, 40 minutes
Total for the day of 4 hours 32 minutes.

16 July: 30 minutes getting to work; 27 minutes from work to parental abode; 27 minutes getting home. Total for day of 1 hour 24 minutes.

17 July: 30 minutes getting to work and 29 minutes getting home. Total today is 59 minutes.

Total this post 11 hours 55 minutes, new running total 18 hours 15 minutes. Looks like having to keep an eye on the parental abode whilst they're away is upping my times. [Big Grin]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 hours walking today.
Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness me, I've got a bit behind.
Friday 13th 1 hour swimming and cycling
Saturday 14th 25 minutes cycling to work
Sunday 15th I think I can claim a further 1 hour walking
Monday was supposed to be leaving work on time and going straight to the gym, but turned into leaving 3 hours late so 25 minutes getting to and from work.
Today Tuesday 17th 1 hour and 20 minutes walking.

Total for this post 250 minutes or 4hours 10minutes I think. So still quite a bit of catching up to do.
Tg

--------------------
Floating Fund!

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
40 m walking (mainly to/from chandlery) today; not terribly exciting.
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sunday 15th - 2hrs 5mins walking to church, 40 minutes walking home (with a bus ride in the middle) = 2hrs 45mins
Monday 16th - 70mins cycling
Tuesday 17th - 25mins walk to post office & back

Running total: 15 hours 30 minutes

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
15 July—there may be more details later, but 3 hours, 30 minutes mountain biking—and, well, I should get an hour extra credit for having an epic crash, right? I caught air going over a bump, took a helmet header when I flew off the bike (which flipped three times on its way down the trail without me), and turned my knee, both elbows, and part of my chin into hamburger. No broken ribs, lost teeth, or fractured skulls, though, so I guess it wasn't that bad of a wreck—and the black bears will probably enjoy the bits of me left on the trail.
16 July—24 minutes walking. Cut me some slack, I was bleeding!
Today—4 hours hiking, bouldering, wading, and fishing. Turns out I sometimes recover quickly.

[ 17. July 2012, 23:21: Message edited by: AristonAstuanax ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Goodness AA, I can't top that! [Eek!] I do hope you heal quickly!

I am posting just to surrender. It's been a week, and a very busy week. Today has been the usual Tuesday cocktail of Pilates and bells and cycling and walking. The weekend was full of heavy lifting. The problem is that I haven't posted for a week and I have been so blerry active that I haven't even kept good notes. I can't reconstruct it in good conscience.

So I am bowing out. Good luck the rest of you - I'll still be lurking! Thanks CK. Hopefully next time I won't go off the radar in the middle of the race.

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yesterday - dancing! for hours, but I'll call it 1 hour, 45 minutes to make up for breaks and whatnot. also split wood for a friend, for another 10 minutes.

today - bike to and from work, 1 hour. boosting my time going in, but was a bit lazy coming home so it rounded out. everything else was work related.

tomorrow - we start Insanity. I'm scared!

eta: totally forgot yesterday's activities at first!

[ 18. July 2012, 05:30: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Sorry you're dropping out Deputy Verger.

AristonAstuanax - I haven't added in a bonus hour for falling off your bike, unless you give me more reason than that.

Just to encourage people, To the Pain and la vie en rouge have managed more than 30 hours exercise so far this month (33½ hours and 30h 35m respectively)

A lot of us are close behind, list below of everyone who has averaged around an hour a day or more - and I should keep going to those who've averaged half an hour a day or more for health with the reports this morning, but this is midweek update because so many people have come back with lists of exercise over the past few days.
me 29¾ hours*
UltraC 29h 5m,
Jenn 28h 5m,
AristonAstuanax 27h 59m
Liberty 27h 40m
Susan Doris 23h 20m
comet 23h 5m
Jane R 20h 47m
Rosa Winkel 19h 55m
Celtic Knotweed 18¼ hours
Deputy Verger 17h 20m
harmony hope 17¼ hours
Just Me 15½ hours
Tea gnome 14h 25m

* my muscles are telling me I've done some exercise, but I'm surprised - but I really do need to decorate while I've got time and can keep the windows open

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For yesterday 1 hour 35 minutes walking (mostly carrying a cello and the world's heaviest music stand).

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monday, July 16th: (cont)
20 mins walking home
5 mins cycling back to work
10 mins cycling to the shop
10 mins cycling home
60 mins walking dog

Wednesday, July 18th: (so far)
30 mins walking dog
20 mins walking to work

Total to add: 155 minutes
Total so far: 2165 minutes or 36 hours and 5 minutes

I have traded tomorrow's morning dog walk because I have a cake to make tonight that I want to ice in the morning, but flatmate is probably off work so she didn't think it was a hardship. So I shall have to think of some way to make up for that. I did not enjoy this morning's walk in the rain and the dog looked rather morose once we returned, but it's all minutes.

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Update for yesterday and today:

Yesterday (17th); 40 minutes high-speed walking

Today (18th): 2 hours 30 minutes walking (mainly up and down cliffs)

Running total: 23 hours 57 minutes

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

Today, 40 m walking and 45 m slow runnish, total

1 h 25 m

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 18 - 60 mins habitual doggy walking!

--------------------

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

90 mins walking today
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

30 minutes yoga today

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

Nothing wednesday- I suppose I could have gone out for a half-hour walk in between commitments, but it was raining again!! I'm tapping this morning, but will post times on Saturday, as I'm off to stay with a friend until then.

Continuing thanks to CK.

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...

Liberty I made your total to the end of 16th July come to 1660 minutes, 27 hours 40 minutes - which was level pegging with la vie en rouge, until she posted.

You are correct. Thanks so much CK. I am going to blame it on being sleep deprived from travelling.

07/17 - 180 mins
07/18 - 60 mins

Total (I think) 1900 minutes.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
insanity rescheduled for today. son and I took a walk by the river instead - hot day! 1 hour, 25 minutes

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Wednesday, July 18th: (cont)
20 mins walking home
60 mins walking dog

Wednesday, July 18th: (so far)
40 mins combined walking dog and walking to work

Total to add: 120 minutes
Total so far: 2855 minutes or 38 hours and 5 minutes

Times posted yesterday for Monday were in fact Tuesday's - quoting myself to avoid doing the code each time tripped me up.

Turned out I didn't have baking to do (just as well, the banana muffins from the weekend are still in the cupboard) so I walked the dog with flatmate but came on to work rather than going all the way home with them. Meant that I got what might be described as a lie-in.

Today I have set a timer on the oven to hopefully have the dinner cooking when I get home - friends are coming to meet the dog and we're all going for a walk so the food needs to be fairly speedy. Fingers crossed this works!

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Yesterday 2 hours 10 minutes walking (to the metro for work, on the lunchbreak and all the way home via the shops - and *finally* I have a pair of shoes for my brother's wedding) and 1 hour run to work this morning.

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Plans to go to gym today scuppered by (a) visit to doctor to see about wonky knee and (b) indisposed child.

Still: 4 minutes jacks (finally remembered I was supposed to be doing these regularly) and 30 minutes high-speed walking.

Running total (in my case, jogging slowly after the leaders): 24 hours 31 minutes

Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday Wednesday 18th 25 minutes And today Thursday 19th 84 minutes for gym and swim and cycling about.

--------------------
Floating Fund!

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 19 - 60 mins habitual doggy walking plus 20 mins swimming.

CK - waiting for your running total this time as I usually get it wrong (hope that's okay)
[Help]

--------------------

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

Not (from this point of view, at least) the best day.
Some shifting of heavy bits of boats, and some coarse gardening, but really, I can't claim more than 30 minutes in total.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

20 minute run (too damned hot!), 10 minute hooping, and 1 hour, 40 minutes moving furniture, books, etc rearranging the whole house and clearing out the storage. whew.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A pathetic 20 minutes walking today. It's going to be 108º tomorrow, so I see myself doing even less walking/biking in my current car-required city.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Thursday, July 19th: (cont)
20 mins walking to and from shops at lunchtime
20 mins walking home carrying supplies for dinner
60 mins walking dog with friends

Friday, July 20th: (so far)
30 mins walking dog
45 mins walking to work the long way round

Total to add: 175 minutes
Total so far: 2460 minutes or 41 hours

Oh, this quoting things is really not working out for me - the 40 minute dogwalk to work I posted yesterday was Thursday's. Really must be more careful.

So I've broken 40 hours which is pleasing. Another couple of days and I should have hit my original 45 hour target which will be good. In other news I have discovered how to make the oven turn on for a predetermined interval at a specific time - made a very successful roast gammon last night. Of course, finishing it all between four of us (and mopping up the crumbs in a ham omelet this morning) maybe shouldn't have been the plan.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I think I can only count 60 minutes of yesterday. I can feel the 4 hours of standing around waiting for returns and standing watching Richard III as a groundling at the Globe, but I don't think I can count it as aerobic. Walk to and from tube, walk to and from St Paul's, walk up South Bank.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

1 hour 40 minutes walking yesterday. The tickle in my throat is back, maybe I didn't fight that cold off after all...

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

20 minutes dancing after I clocked out - to round up the day.

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Today's score is: 50 minutes high-speed walking
1 hour 15 minutes at the gym

Running total: 26 hours 36 minutes

[no jacks; doc says no high-impact until knee is better]

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

A bit better today:
2 h coarse gardening and getting rid of resulting greenery
walking (shopping, for new running shoes) 45 m
runnish to gym, gym, stagger back 1 h 30 m

total 4 h 15 m

now I need to do something with those running shoes ...

I'll be away for a week now (Dartington music summer school, which seems to involve a fair amount of walking, mostly through a very beautiful garden); will report progress on return.

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 20 - 75 mins [Smile]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016