homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » July 2012 Fitness Race (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: July 2012 Fitness Race
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The fitness race works - my (I suspect fruitless) desire to keep up with TTP motivated me to Go For A Walk™ yesterday evening. Added to my commute makes 2 hours 20 minutes.

Still feeling a bit sniffly tho.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday - an hour going out doing chores - organising paperwork and posting out mugs/postcards in one direction, shopping in the other direction and hau'ling back food - so counting 60 minutes

The Fitness Race isn't working brilliantly for me - this chest infection hasn't completely gone, even after two lots of antibiotics, and I'm finding if I overdo it one day I'm a limp and useless rag the next. But I need to up my exercise gradually and decorate.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More catching up...

18 July: 30 minutes to work; 28 minutes home; 24 minutes to parents; 24 minutes getting back. Total for day 1 hour 46 minutes.

19 July: 29 minutes to work; 38 minutes to the Club after work; 20 minutes much later getting home. Total for the day 1 hour 27 minutes.

20 July: being short on sleep I got the bus to work. So that's 21 minutes walking to the bus stop (including some running when it overtook me!), and 6 minutes walking between bus routes on the way home so that I could get off at the stop by the house for a change. Then I managed to fall asleep instead of going ringing. [Hot and Hormonal] Total for the day 27 minutes.

Total this post is 3 hours 40 minutes, new running total 21 hours 55 minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
I'm finding if I overdo it one day I'm a limp and useless rag the next.

I'm finding something similar, but without the good reason of a chest infection! Just take it slow and steady.

Now to go ignore my own advice by trying to get to the library and a wool shop before they shut for the day. [Biased]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 hr 50 min

19th tap plus walk to/from; 20th walk in an NT estate; 21st walks to/from town and around.

Hope your chest infection doesn't hang around too long, CK. I know quite a few people for whom it has been a real nuisance.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure the race is working for me either - I'm not conscious of doing much more than usual - but it's encouraging to see how much of my normal routine counts as being physically active...

Not much to report today, beyond about 30 minutes hard labour (cleaning). I'd like to count the two hours' baking as well because it was exhausting, but it wasn't really aerobic exercise...

This brings my running total to 27 hours 6 minutes

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Putting myself back in the running (or more accurately, the walking [Biased] ) I can claim at least 4 hours today.

--------------------

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
19th 20 mins walking
20th 90 mins walking
21st nothing countable after spending all day walking round legoland at toddler pace!

Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm counting 30 minutes of the 2 hours plus wander down to the local nature reserve and pursuit of butterflies to take photos as aerobic. It was more energetic than it sounds, because I was wading through waist/head high grass and crawling around / getting up and down from squatting and variously moving around trying to get shots. Didn't do well with the butterflies, but did much better with crickets / grasshoppers.

I guess coughing doesn't count as aerobic?

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day 21 - 52 mins fast doggy walking plus 2 mins stair climbing plus 8 mins jogging! Yay! [Smile]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yesterday 7/20 - nothing of note. felt ick and basically watched movies all day.

today 7/21 so far: 30 minutes of body weight exercises. actually felt damned good. hope for a yoga session before work, but I really need to clean and move more boxes around.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wednesday - 70 mins on the bike
Thursday, Friday and Saturday nothing to speak of - tearing around all done by car and even the odd few minutes walking was in work time [Frown]

running total 16hrs 40mins

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 ht 35 min

Long walk.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I was walking for most of the afternoon but nearly all of it was at child's pace, so I can only count 20 minutes high-speed walking.

Running total: 27 hours 36 minutes

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Today 50 minutes walking (took the metro to church, walked home) and a 1 hour 10 minute run this evening.

--------------------

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
21 July: 2 minutes pumping the bike tyres up; 52 minutes actual travel time between various bits of town running errands; 27 minutes getting to and from some interesting not-exactly-graffiti to take a picture; and a walk with Sandemaniac by a circuitous route to the allotment to get veg of which 30 minutes is countable. Total for the day 1 hour 51 minutes.

22 July
  • 17 minutes biking to church
  • ringing up, a quarter peal in minor, a little doubles, and ringing down took 50 minutes
  • 11 minutes from that church to the parental abode
  • 18 minutes getting home
  • an afternoon of general flat-cleaning, of which I reckon I can count 15 minutes as actually aerobic
Total for today is 1 hour 51 minutes.

Total this post 3 hours 42 minutes, new running total 25 hours 37 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I posting 3 hours walking today - out to the nearest heritage railway station and back. Having just checked on walk-run-jog, it was 8½ miles, and that's not including detours for mud and puddles, so I don't feel so bad.

Jane R - I make your total to be 27h 26m from that last post

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Weekly round up:

1. la vie en rouge ..... 45h 20m
  2. To the Pain .......... 41h 0m
  3. Curiosity killed ..... 35h 45m
  4. Liberty ................ 31h 40m
  5. Jenn. .................. 31h 25m
  6. Ultracrepidarian .... 29h 5m
  7. AristonAstuanax .... 28h 19m
  8. Susan Doris .......... 27h 45m
  9. Jane R ................. 27h 26m
  10. Celtic Knotweed ..... 25h 37m
  11. comet .................. 25h 20m
  12. harmony hope ........ 21h 32m
  13. Rosa Winkel ........... 19h 55m
  14. blackbeard ............ 18h 50m
  15. Just Me ................. 16h 40m
  16. Tea gnome ............. 16h 14m
  17. Yangtze ............. ..... 8h 45m
  18. Scots Lass ......... ...... 8h 40m
  19. Smudgie .............. ... 8h 40m
  20. Meg the Red ............. 7h 50m
  21. Angel Wrestler .......... 3h 20m

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day 22 - 55 mins walking (rubbish day - got car locked in car park! [Hot and Hormonal] ) but determined today again!

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Friday, July 20th: (cont)
20 mins walking home from work
60 mins walking dog with friends

Saturday, July 21st:
80 mins walking dog
15 mins cycling to and from shops
15 mins that I'm going to count of dancing at a festival (it was in small, low-impact doses but my legs really felt it in the morning)
30 mins walking dog

Sunday, July 22nd:[b]
30 mins walking dog
40 mins walking to church
30 mins activity while climbing in and out of windows, moving furniture and hoovering at a friend's house
90 mins walking dog before tea

[b]Monday, July 23rd:[b] (so far)
30 mins walking dog
20 mins walking to work

[b]Total to add: 460 minutes

Total so far: 2920 minutes or 48 hours and 40 minutes

Should have posted over the weekend to stay at the top of the leaderboard (although I'm very happy to take turn about with la vie en rouge). I am utterly amazed that I'm clocking up all this time - I am doing it fairly slowly and probably wouldn't be at the top if this was a test of aerobic capacity or proper endurance (or even if we were logging distance rather than time). There's only been one ceilidh in the mix so far, but I may get to an evening of social dancing at some point - better exercise but fewer minutes as you're rarely moving at all times in any given dance.

My spreadsheet suggests that I am managing just over two hours of activity a day. On weekdays that is simply a function of taking the dog for 90 minutes of walk and walking 40 minutes to and from work. On days when I trade off a dog walk with my flatmate it's usually so I can go and do something else that counts for minutes. Looks like I should be shooting for 60 hours total over this race.

I am now fairly certain that a dog will be a very good investment in my own fitness in the dim and distant future of retirement (or, I suppose, if I should find myself with a job I cannot walk or cycle to). I can skip dance classes or catch the bus to town if I'm feeling lazy, but the dog will need her walks. Of course, this motivation might be more powerful because she's not my dog, I'm much better with external motivating factors and accountability.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back from Wales! All times roughly estimated and adjusted to take account of how much time was spent actually doing physical activity.

17 July

30 minutes cycling home to get stuff and back to work again.

10 minutes walking to train station, so I could meet up with my friend in Charlbury.

18 July

About 1 hour walking to and around Ynys Gifftan.

19 July

10 minutes carrying wood, plasterboard and other supplies around.

1 hour building temporary scaffolding and breaking apart old plasterboard.

1 hour 30 mins mixing plaster.

20 minutes cleaning.

20 July

30 minutes walking to and from climbing in the Llanberis Pass.

1 hour 30 minutes worth of exercise climbing at Carreg Wastad.

21 July

About 4 hours of DIY-related exercise, building a couple of barn doors.

22 July

About 1 hour 30 minutes worth of exercise trimming and hanging the doors.

23 July

25 minutes morning run.

15 minutes cycle to work.

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Oooh, can we include housework if vigorous? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unfortunately I have to withdraw from the race. Good luck to the rest of you.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

50 min

Walking in town; to the station; from salisbury; walking there and then back here from home station.
free day tomorrow and good weather to look forward to, so should be able to add a few extra minutes.

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing Sunday either - desperate measures are called for!

Monday - Walked to work and back - 2 hrs 40 mins. (Yes - I walked rather than cycling just to get the hours up! - but I'm claiming the time anyway [Razz] )

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

It feels like I've been on my feet (or swimming) all day, but nearly all of it was at child's pace and doesn't count. However:

30 minutes aerobic activity (walking or swimming)

and 1 hour 5 minutes gym workout

definitely did count.

Running total (sorry about the typo in previous message): 29 hours 1 minute

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 23 - good day: 65 mins dog walking plus 55 mins gardening (out of over 2 hrs!)... tomorrow is first proper session at gym [Help]

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
July 19: 210 minutes
July 20: 60 minutes
July 21: 145 minutes
July 22: 130 minutes
July 23: 65 minutes

I think my total is 2410 minutes, but I am exhausted so who knows? (CK knows!)

Am on a soccer tour (watching not playing) and what happens on tour stays on tour. But I will say most of my exercise has come from walking around new cities, getting lost, the many stairs of the NYC subway system, and doing the bouncy - example here.

Days with little exercise are traveling days. I'll have slept in 7 beds in 2 weeks. Done on Thursday. [Smile] I'm getting too old for this stuff. [Biased]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know how some people look forward to summer to get outside and do things?
Yeah. I'm at home in Oklahoma. It's 108º or hotter every day. You go outside and exercise, you die. Thus, I'm getting my butt kicked pretty badly in this here race. I mean, 20 minutes of moving furniture isn't all that much.
Going to be so glad to get back to where it's only 90-something and you can go outside after 8 PM.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Queries first:

harmony hope - yes you can count vigorous housework - I have been known to use the race as a way to kick my butt into spring cleaning

Liberty that time I made you under added and you're at 2510 minutes, 41 hours 40 minutes

Me, I'm declaring a pathetic 30 minutes of aerobic stuff - carrying a 5 litre pot of paint home for the next room, hopefully two rooms, to be dealt with, brisk walk to the supermarket and hauling bags home. The rest of the day was fairly constructive, but not particularly aerobic - the disadvantage of sunny weather is everyone is out, so walks anywhere are stop start as I meet people.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Yesterday 2 hours 20 minutes walking (commute, lunch, all the way home). This morning's run Did Not Go Well™ - it's bloody hot out there, and not once did I manage to get into any kind of rhythm. I also gave up and walked for a while [Hot and Hormonal] . Ironically, this pathetic attempt gets me more minutes than if I'd been running fast and well. 1 hour 10 minutes.

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monday, July 23rd: (cont)
20 mins walking home
60 mins walking dog

Tuesday, July 24th: (so far)
35 mins walking dog
20 mins walking to work

Total to add: 135 minutes
Total so far: 3055 minutes or 50 hours and 55 minutes

Preview post is my friend!

La vie en rouge, if you keep putting in two-hour-plus days this is going to get extremely tight! I have a craft project on a deadline in August to deal with as well as the fitness race but it is making me actually go places (like volunteering to go and get the shopping) when I might rather not. I may even do the hoovering again this week (my flatmate prefers to do it, otherwise she can't stand the noise).

In terms of minutes I'm almost wishing we were still going to be racing for the first couple of weeks in August. Once we give the dog back I'll be moving house and helping out at a dance festival so there would probably be plenty of opportunities to be active.

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
23 July

35 minutes cycling work to home to choir practice to home.

24 July

25 minutes cycling home to shops to home to work.

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

2 hr 5 min

Gym, plus walk to/from and 20 min walk p.m.

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Not doing very well today... a mere 40 minutes high-speed walking.

Total: 29 hours 41 minutes

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

Liberty that time I made you under added and you're at 2510 minutes, 41 hours 40 minutes

Is it worse to admit that I can't read my own writing than I can't add? [Big Grin]

Thanks CK.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

23 July: 28 minutes getting to work; 27 minutes getting home; and a trip to the allotment which gave me 20 minutes worth of actual exercise (including getting there and back). Total for the day 1 hour 15 minutes, since the housework in the evening was definitely not aerobic.

24 July: 30 minutes getting to work; 35 minutes getting home as the scenic (and cooler) route is now dry enough to use [Yipee] ; 10 min trekking to allotment and back to get veg. Total for today 1 hour 15 minutes, new running total 28 hours 7 minutes.

Now that I can actually use my usual summer route home without risking falling in the canal, my times might go up a bit more - of course if I'm feeling fit then it won't be much of a difference...

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Today's exercise - 30 minutes moving furniture, 2½ hours painting walls, 1 hour scrubbing floors, cleaning windows (teetering on first floor window sill reaching outside) and starting to move furniture back - that's 4 hours, total 40 hours 15 minutes and 5th behind la vie en rouge, To the Pain, Ultracrepidarian and Liberty.

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 24 - good day...

55 mins at gym
95 mins doggy walking up and down dale!

total for day: 150 mins total [Smile]

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

70 minutes cycling to work and back

Brings my running total to 20hrs 30mins

Well past my January time - though I think I'll fall some way short of doubling it.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heat be damned, 40 minutes of walking today.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
down with a bad case of the creepin' crud. actually think I may need to head to the doc soon. so things are spotty.

adding to my numbers from 7/21: did a huge amount of work around the house, so adding 45 minutes of general heavy lifting before work. I also danced a little after clocking out, but I can't remember how long and it wasn't much; a few songs.

7/22: I can't remember. I know I performed to a packed house, I know I went to see my friends play jazz afterwards and drank too damned much. but before my show? no idea. so we'll go with nil.

7/23: head cold re-emerged to make my life a living hell. unfortunately it showed up while on a shopping trip to the city, so the last half was evil. then I had to perform again. SO happy I didn't sneeze on stage but definitely performed with watery eyes and general misery. I'm giving myself 1 hour for all of the walking - was closer to 4 but with so much stopping and starting it really shouldn't all count.

today: I'm mizzable. still going to try at least some gentle yoga because my back muscles are bound up tight.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Tuesday, July 24th: (cont)
10 mins walking at lunchtime
40 mins walking home via shops
60 mins walking dog

Wednesday, July 25th: (so far)
30 mins walking dog
25 mins walking to work with a wiggle past flatmate's bus stop

Total to add: 165 minutes
Total so far: 3220 minutes or 53 hours and 40 minutes

Look after yourself, comet!

Feeling a bit sleepy this morning. But yesterday's evening dog walk was later than usual and this morning's was on the early side. At least I got to enjoy the dramatic orange sunset last night. And this morning was really rather warm and pleasant.

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Wondering if extra minutes on my total is enough to tackle some serious housework? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Harmony hope - it totally is, my house has never been so clean or tidy. Since I am decluttering, first bottom to top, then top to bottom I am working up the stair time.

The race has helped me to be more active, although tbh it would have been difficult to be less active than I have been for the last year.
A friend was talking about how beneficial she is finding her exercise regime for her mental health as well, and I realised that in the last, lazy year many of my daydreams have been about physical activity; horse riding, running lightly and speedily (rather than thumpily and slowly which is my current gait), swimming in clear cool water.
I think I was missing it without realising.....

However, back to the point!
20.7.12. 55 minutes Cycling to & from a meeting & walking to the pub
21.7.12. 40 minutes decluttering and housework.
22.7.12. 50 minutes waking for lovely lunch with not-yet in laws
23.7.12. 25minutes Cycle to &from work.
24.7.12. 85 minutes to and from work & gym and trainer.
Total this post 255 minutes or 4 hours 15minutes
Total 20 hours 29 minutes I think.
Tg

--------------------
Floating Fund!

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Well I wouldn't have bothered walking last night if it hadn't been for the race. But I want to win dammit and having been thrown the challenge of putting in two-hour days... [Big Grin]

1 hour walking yesterday (lunch and part of the way home).

Really need to go out running tonight, but it's finally remembered how to be summer and 'tis very toasty out there.

(I think this [Mad] can be the new "hot as hell" smiley. Or mebbe this one. [Hot and Hormonal] )

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

24 July

25 minutes cycling work to slacklining/climbing to home.

1 hr 30 minutes slacklining in the park in the sunshine. [Cool] Tried doing some jumps and things, so it was even more active than usual!

About 40 minutes worth of exercise at the climbing wall before I started feeling sick (some funny belly ache that went as suddenly as it came) and went home.

25 July

15 minutes cycling to work.

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

35 min

Short walk pm. Even though it's hot today, there was a very pleasant breeze - probably as this is so near the coast.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Today 50 minutes commuter walking and 1 hour 15 minutes gentle plodding run (too hot to go any faster).

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

Day 26 - 60 mins slow melt today (goodess me - it seemed to rival Uganda for temperature and sun today!). Don't suppose extra heat notches up any extra minutes?!

Then 90 mins in swimming pool of which a good 45 mins was spent playing water basketball and football - ridiculously good fun! Oh and first thing 15 mins gardening including wrestling with giant hosepipe which weighed a ton!

making a total today of 120 minutes. [Smile]

--------------------

Tea gnome
Shipmate
# 9424

- Posted      Profile for Tea gnome     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today let's me add a further 2 hours taking the bike to be serviced then walking home.
Tg

--------------------
Floating Fund!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016