homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Shot for being suspiciously black (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shot for being suspiciously black
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
So basically any racist piece of white shit can troll around looking for a black teenager to kill. They get out of the car and take a swing at the teenager. The teenager fights back, and the racist wankstain pulls a gun and plugs the nigger.

And none of you conservatives have any problem with that? You're all defending it like it is the way the world should be.

As I had the law explained to me (by a cop who teaches carry classes to civilians and has a lot of knowledge and experience), the racist piece of white shit would still be culpable for at least murder 2.

You cannot provoke someone into a fight with words or fists, then claim fear for you life, then shoot that someone without going to jail. That does not fall under 'stand your ground' as it was explained to me.

However, IANAL.

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Clint Boggis
Shipmate
# 633

- Posted      Profile for Clint Boggis   Author's homepage   Email Clint Boggis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zimmerman had his bail revoked on Friday for "deceiving" a court over the amount of donations made to his defence fund.

Guardian

Posts: 1505 | From: south coast | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OliviaG:
Is there such a thing as "mens stupida"?

I think we have the answer to Olivia's question.

The article says that Zimmerman's lawyer had him close the pay-pal account and open a more secure account so he must have seen the money. Why didn't he tell Zimmerman he must disclose it? Will Zimmerman have to do time for lying about this even if he's judged innocent of the murder charge?

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From ABC (the American one, not the Australian one):

quote:
Prosecutors had filed a motion today to revoke his bond, accusing Zimmerman of "deceiving" the court about his finances, even going so far as to discuss it in code words with his wife, and his possession of a second passport, which he apparently acquired two weeks after the shooting.
This is, of course, based on allegations by the prosecutors with all the usual caveats, but the possession and issue date of a passport should be easy to verify, certainly a lot easier than the multiple sources of a pile of money. Courts really don't like it when they grant bail and the accused hides the existence of a passport.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I find it strange that no one caught the website income earlier, because IIRC the site was mentioned in the news soon after he was arrested.

The passport is bad news. Was it in his own name??

The way he's going, he could wind up in all sorts of trouble--even if he's acquitted of the death.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
I find it strange that no one caught the website income earlier, because IIRC the site was mentioned in the news soon after he was arrested.

The passport is bad news. Was it in his own name??

The way he's going, he could wind up in all sorts of trouble--even if he's acquitted of the death.

Indeed. Even if the shooting is deemed justifiable/legal, playing games with the court is never a good idea. Judges don't take kindly, generally, to being toyed with- and they've got various means at their disposal to express it.

The second passport is interesting- they generally don't issue one without canceling the validity of any others a person may be holding, except in special cases (official/diplomatic passports, etc.).

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jbohn:
The second passport is interesting- they generally don't issue one without canceling the validity of any others a person may be holding, except in special cases (official/diplomatic passports, etc.).

From the same news source:

quote:
Although one of his passports was due to expire in May, prosecutors said today, Zimmerman applied for a second passport, informing the State Department that the original had been lost or stolen.
This could get messy if Zimmerman surrendered the expiring, "lost" passport and retained the newer one. Or it could be a matter of simple idiocy, like Zimmerman claiming to not have a passport because it was lost and the replacement hadn't arrived yet. Still, withholding that kind of information from the courts is either criminal or stupid.

[ 04. June 2012, 13:34: Message edited by: Crœsos ]

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In the conversations, prosecutors said, Zimmerman and his wife also cryptically talk about his second passport in a safety deposit box they shared.
That will be ugly, no matter how it plays- lying to the State Dept. to get a second passport is technically a Federal crime, as I understand it. And I'd love to hear Mr. Zimmerman's argument for doing so- other than "I was planning to flee the country, and so needed two valid passports- one to give the court so they'd let me out of the pokey, and one to get out of the country with."

"mens stupida", indeed. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
...either criminal or stupid.

I think with Zimmerman it's fair to say 'both'.

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016