homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Café now testing (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Café now testing
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And crunch - sorry UnShaggy. That time coincided with me posting a link.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
UnShaggy

UnSurly shipmate
# 82

- Posted      Profile for UnShaggy   Author's homepage   Email UnShaggy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah. No worries. Thought it was just me!

--------------------
We are like sailors who on the open sea must reconstruct their ship but are never able to start afresh from the bottom. Otto Neurath

Posts: 462 | From: That's me in the corner | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If people could PM me the links that appeared to coincide with the crash it might make some lights go on. (Or not, but it certainly won't make things any worse...)

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crashed again - I was about to post this here:
code:
http://www.nzz.ch/images/london
%20schnee%201_defaultFormatImage
_1.1863941.1233588769.jpg .

Sorry about that. Too much snow on the intertubez lines. [Roll Eyes]

[Chopped up for scroll lock.]

[ 03. February 2009, 01:01: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Crunch - not sure why that time. I'd clicked on a link to the Ship to a post and was trying to post a reply, but it died before I'd done anything. About 8 or 9 of us in, all on the Bridge.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's back on. I suppose it must have been me this time. - Hope you'll find the bug, Melon. Ta!

NOTE: I've tried above link again - and it crashed once more. So must be it. Good luck!

(I guess it should be back in a moment.)

[ 02. February 2009, 20:44: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Still can't get in - going to Tumbleweed

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Back up and running.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And crunch - for no apparent reason other than I was casting aspersions on the theology or lack of it in the Basque Carol! angelic action in practice?

5 in there, I'd been in a few minutes, but had been chatting, no urls so far as I know.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I just crashed the Cafe.

It happened just as I pasted this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel%27s_Message

Got back in right away.

Pasted it again.

Crashed again.

Sorry!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After the Cafe dumps, I can never re-enter until I reboot my PC. I can get the login window to open, but after entering my ID and password, then clicking "connect" I get the following:

code:
IO Error (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : socketConnect at line -2
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : doConnect at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connectToAddress at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.SocksSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : <init> at line -1
java.net.Socket : <init> at line -1
uk.co.darkgreenmedia.faverolle.SocketComms : run at line 98
java.lang.Thread : run at line -1

I get this no matter how long I wait after a crash.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Seems it doesn't like "%" and/or underscores. Same problem with my link earlier.

(Thanks for fixing the scroll lock, Mr RooK. [Eek!] [Overused] )

--------------------

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Correction...I was able to get back in this time after a looooong wait of 15+ min. No reboot.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And I crashed the cafe just now using lilypad's link.

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What were you doing using my link when I was sound asleep in my bed? Couldn't you wait until I woke up?

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Gwaelod was there and I thought I'd prove to him that I could crash the café

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Oh, well then! By all means, feel free.

--------------------

Gwaelod
Shipmate
# 6140

- Posted      Profile for Gwaelod   Email Gwaelod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I've been checking out the posting URL stuff as a result.
Posts: 230 | From: Cardiff | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All I typed was *Stroud* [Biased]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Back on.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good game, Good game, hope you're playing this at home

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Where are you? No one is here. [Frown]

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

lily, just got in - said *hi* but then got those ignore/report messages - I could see you but not type

--------------------

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
you flippin melon

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
lily, just got in - said *hi* but then got those ignore/report messages - I could see you but not type

Oh, you were typing and I could see you but you couldn't see you. I even saw the [Biased] at the end.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
you flippin melon

Don't be melon-cholic, Fletcher - y'know, there's still this 'RL' thing out there. [Biased]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

I can't get in. [Hot and Hormonal]

Melon, why did you crash the Cafe, again?

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Annnnnd.. crunch.
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Is so not fun. I just got in and there it goes again. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Oooooo, I am back in. Shhhhh.........don't tell Melon. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
]Don't be melon-cholic, Fletcher - y'know, there's still this 'RL' thing out there. [Biased]

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like he meant it!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Doesn't he always?

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

[Killing me]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

Cafe is open!

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*grrrr*

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It's only you fell out - it's your connection/set up!

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

*grrrr*

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Sorry, my fault didn't notice the % sign in the link.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blew the cafe out for me as well...
Where is everyone headed?

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in the tumbleweed cafe.

The Ship cafe takes a while to come back is that right? (can't connect at the moment)

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

It's up again.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

We're in Tumbleweed's lifeboat...
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stone Moses shows how clever he is and Phut! we are kicked out.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mushroom overboard!
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I did try warning him [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Actually, I think it might have been me again. I typed in, "no its only urls with %s in" and the cafe went bang.

Now unless Stone Moses posted at the same moment with a dodgy url - then it reacted to the combination of the string url and %s in the same post. Without there actually being a url form http://www.stopit%20somemore.html posted.

I am going to Tumbleweed till it settles down from its hissy fit.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

OK, so it was you, Doublethink! (and crash again)

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Retried, yes it was definitely that sentence rather than an url that crashed the cafe.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Sorry, but wanted to be certain, as previously thought it was wierd urls only. So no one discuss crime statistics in the cafe, as soon as you start mentioning percentages ...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016