homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Café now testing (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Café now testing
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cafe's just crashed out
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dorothea
Goodwife and low church mystic
# 4398

- Posted      Profile for dorothea   Author's homepage   Email dorothea   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah..and I thought I'd been evicted!

--------------------
Protestant head? Catholic Heart?

http://joansbitsandpieces.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1581 | From: Notlob City Limits | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
fell off again

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
T2 - we're still in there.
TRy logging in..

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

The cafe locked up completely.. I had to bomb out.. kill Firefox, wait till I could ping the Ship again.. and then get back in. Something REALLY worrying is going on.
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

I had to bail out and go wired to check something out - getting VERY slow response form my ISP.

I tried getting back into the cafe - it's not letting me back on.

Please could someone fix it as soon as possible - or advise how long I have to leave it...

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
advise how long I have to leave it

We apologize for the inconvenience, Alex. Our crack team of electro-baristas reports that the Café is infested with eels. It'll be at least two days to lure them out, swab the place, and get the servers percolating again.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And kicked out. Ah well.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn eels.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RooK - you'll probably be amused to know that your eels are now the reason for people going overboard or going silent in the café

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It can indeed be eelily silent at times.

Though, of course, the Cafe being honoured by Mr RooK's regular presence might be even more entertaining. May or may it not be an eelery.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In other news, a Cockney delicacy is currently on the cafe's specials board.
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Ship session froze again. Locked me out.
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got a curious message as I started the Cafe:

"The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to continue?"

I said yes and Cafe seems to be working normally. Just thought I'd let TPTB know.

I'll go test and see if I get the error a second time.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope, error didn't happen when I tried the second time. So that's good.

--------------------
Truth

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Ah, it's been pointed out to me this is a known error. Carry on.

--------------------
Truth

cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't get in. Has the Ship hung up some religious symbols at the door of the cafe and prevented Buffy fans from entering? Or is there a force field?

Cattyish, off to bed.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Crashed out at about 12:55. Anyone around to fix it?
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Works for me. No ghosts around.

[ 26. June 2010, 12:19: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Brilliant. Now it's my turn. [Frown]

Where's Bob The CafeBuilder when you need 'im! He can fix it. Yes, he can. [Help]

--------------------

3rdFooter
Shipmate
# 9751

- Posted      Profile for 3rdFooter   Email 3rdFooter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
just a minor niggle. If you use the smiley button, it doesn't insert the necessary space between your text and the code for the smiley. You end up with some colons and other characters tacked on the end of your message.

--------------------
3F - Shunter in the sidings of God's Kingdom

Posts: 602 | From: outskirts of Babylon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been kicked out for the second time ever.
Cat

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And finally just gone from the café

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eek! Japes overboard and it won't let me back in... I'll paddle around for a bit, then try again.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Just got booted out of the cafe
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
moi aussi
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't get the Cafe log in to show anymore. Haven't changed my computer; haven't deleted anything! Anyone got an idea how I might fix it?

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(assuming Windows, not Mac) I've had it happen before. To solve it I have removed Faverolle from the Add/Remove programs list. Reboot the PC, then connect to the Cafe again. Faverolle will be reinstalled automatically.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just tried that - but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Still can't get a cafe connection [Frown]

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Curious
Shipmate
# 93

Updated Java - now it all seems to work [Smile]
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

And crashed again. My internet may have briefly lapsed. - Pity you'll need to stay logged out for a bit.

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just tried to log in and got the following warning message:

Warning - Security

The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?

So ... should I continue?

[ 22. August 2010, 22:20: Message edited by: Angel Wrestler ]

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:
Just tried to log in and got the following warning message:

Warning - Security

The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?

So ... should I continue?

Yep. [Smile]

It's a glitch which hasn't been fixed yet.

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PC crashed, now can't get back in! [Waterworks]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
YAY! [Yipee]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Son of a preacherman
Shipmate
# 4181

- Posted      Profile for Son of a preacherman   Email Son of a preacherman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's just bombed me out too... and I can't get back in [Frown]
Posts: 168 | From: Sussex by the Sea | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Shroom overboard as well.
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and me!

I figured it was a sign I should stop procrastinating my errands, but it's thrown us all out, so maybe not.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All alone and wanting to talk Greenbelt.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I've just gone splash

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Got kicked out myself as well.
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I've gone overboard - usual error codes, so I suspect it's chucked us all out

--------------------

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yep - me too

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just crashed out too ...

I thought it was just me ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems to be working now. But no-one's there ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Looks like the ship just capsized - and uprighted itself...
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Cafe locked up - cannot get back in.
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

To H&A - HELP!

I've been locked out of the cafe... and cannot log back in.

Please assist.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Alex, you're still here as a ghost. You won't get back in until you've left

It's what happens when you have a dodgy connection.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

FOllowing error log.

ava Web Start 1.6.0_22
Using JRE version 1.6.0_22-b04 Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
User home directory = /home/alex
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Config file = jar:http://livechat.shipoffools.com/java/Faverolle/Salmon.jar!/Resources/config.xml
Loading bubble of type speech with prefix = bubble_
Loading bubble of type room_welcome with prefix = g_bubble_
Loading bubble of type room_announce with prefix = w_bubble_
Loading bubble of type system with prefix = y_bubble_
Loading bubble of type warning with prefix = r_bubble_
Setting window colour
Socket thread started
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<contexts>
<user_context xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a1018" name="reception"/>
</contexts>'
Context changed event fired
<commands/>

Round trip = 100 milliseconds
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<abilities>
<user_ability xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a1019" name="visitor"/>
</abilities>'
No consumer for nodes with name of 'abilities'
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<xcr:available_commands>
<xcr:command name="commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_command"/>
<xcr:command name="registered"/>
<xcr:command name="unregistered"/>
</xcr:available_commands>'
New commands incoming
Command list complete for current context
New commands event fired
<registered pass="denim12" user="alcockell"/>

Round trip = 455 milliseconds
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<xcr:message category="term" message_id="registered_login_failed">Login attempt failed</xcr:message>'
Disconnected

Please assist.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016