homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Café now testing (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Café now testing
bbio
Apprentice
# 13236

- Posted      Profile for bbio   Email bbio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ummm - last line should have read - get to KNOW some of the people here!! [Hot and Hormonal]
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
same thing happened to me, AFF.

Also, we were trying to share links in the cafe today and discovered that it doesn't hyperlink anymore.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cruella
Apprentice
# 13502

- Posted      Profile for Cruella   Email Cruella   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
is 0420 (if I have my GMT sorted with this crappy time change sorted out) and I'm in Cafe for a little bit if anyone is around.

--------------------
don't take more than you can eat in one sitting. Hide the bones. Bring on the dogs!

Posts: 39 | From: beautiful backwoods | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cruella
Apprentice
# 13502

- Posted      Profile for Cruella   Email Cruella   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmm, another question occurs to me...
when new people arrive can I see them as they arrive? There's no "refresh" anf F5 doesn't do a thing to reload the page soooo....how would I know (in absence of sounds) if someone else shows up, other than closing and re-starting (and restarting takes forever because the program insists on installing each time), how can I know I'm not in Ship Cafe limbo?

[ 24. March 2008, 03:28: Message edited by: Cruella ]

--------------------
don't take more than you can eat in one sitting. Hide the bones. Bring on the dogs!

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't have to do a screen refresh as far as I am aware.

People logging in show up automatically. If you are displaying "Who's Here", their icon will automatically appear there. Even if you're not viewing "Who's Here", or if you're in Decaff, when they enter a bubble will come up in the talking area saying "So-and-So enters". And usually they will then say something having entered, and what they say will also show up.

If you arrange your windows to be able to see an appropriate strip of the talking window, the movement of the window contents can sometimes catch your eye in the current absence of sounds.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Autenreith Road says, it's not a browser application, so screen refreshes aren't something you need to worry about. The next reworking of the interface will make seeing who is around at the same time as chatting a little easier.

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was wondering if it was possible to link the cafe to the boards in such a way so that when someone enters the cafe- everyone on the boards is notified so that they can join if they want... perhaps the icons for the cafe that are installed on people's desktops could flash...

well, it was just a thought...

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My connection broke suddenly when I was in the cafe (wireless problems) and now I can't get back in. I get the login screen but can't get anywhere with it. I presume it thinks I'm still in there. This is my error message (but I changed the password and userid).

Socket thread started
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<contexts>
<user_context xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a799" name="reception"/>
</contexts>'
Context changed event fired
<commands/>

Round trip = 100 milliseconds
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<abilities>
<user_ability xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a800" name="visitor"/>
</abilities>'
No consumer for nodes with name of 'abilities'
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<xcr:available_commands>
<xcr:command name="commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_command"/>
<xcr:command name="registered"/>
<xcr:command name="unregistered"/>
</xcr:available_commands>'
New commands incoming
Command list complete for current context
New commands event fired
<registered pass="qwertyuiop" user="Jonah the Whale"/>

Round trip = 300 milliseconds

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very swish - but I second whoever said the speech bubbles are a bit of an issue.

Nice to see the cafe back =)

DT

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cruella
Apprentice
# 13502

OK, forget my "refresh" question last night. I saw people show up tonight at will (and thanks all for the great chat!)

Would be nice to have sounds on enter. But would be nicer to figure out how to half minimize the Cafe (I can't do that in either IE or Firefox) I have to half screen here and that's really annoying. But I can live with it.

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sound would be nice - both for entrances and for posts.

It would also be nice if some of the smilies were enabled... and have we lost the ability to post links (or perhaps I didn't try the right thing!) - but thank you, to all you hard workers - you rock!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
My connection broke suddenly when I was in the cafe (wireless problems) and now I can't get back in. I get the login screen but can't get anywhere with it. I presume it thinks I'm still in there. This is my error message (but I changed the password and userid).

8< snip

Just had a similar problem to Jonah, was in, wireless connection dropped briefly, can't get back in now...

Socket thread started
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<contexts>
<user_context xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a1193" name="reception"/>
</contexts>'
Context changed event fired
<commands/>

Round trip = 188 milliseconds
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<abilities>
<user_ability xmlns:xcr="http://xcruciate.co.uk" id="a1194" name="visitor"/>
</abilities>'
No consumer for nodes with name of 'abilities'
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<xcr:available_commands>
<xcr:command name="commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_commands"/>
<xcr:command name="describe_command"/>
<xcr:command name="registered"/>
<xcr:command name="unregistered"/>
</xcr:available_commands>'
New commands incoming
Command list complete for current context
New commands event fired
<registered pass="qwertuiop" user="LDuk"/>

Round trip = 390 milliseconds
Buffer position = 0
Received XML = '<xcr:message category="term" message_id="registered_login_failed">Login attempt failed</xcr:message>'
Disconnected

(password and ID changed)

Thanks for all the work, looks great in there...but add me to the "not sure about the speech bubbles" list

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The last log looks a lot to me like the password was wrong.

Cruella, you can resize the window using the usual controls top-right, or probably by dragging it to the desired size from the bottom righthand corner.

--------------------
French Whine

Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Password was right, it has allowed me back in now...although there is no-one to talk to [Frown]

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please, sirs, may we have some sound?

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

By memory, if you try to login when the server thinks you are logged in, the server will refuse your login and kick the previous version of you. In other words, if you get thrown out for whatever reason, it's worth having two goes at getting back in.

[ 25. March 2008, 16:35: Message edited by: Melon ]

--------------------
French Whine

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselm:
I was wondering if it was possible to link the cafe to the boards in such a way so that when someone enters the cafe- everyone on the boards is notified so that they can join if they want... perhaps the icons for the cafe that are installed on people's desktops could flash...

well, it was just a thought...

Neat idea. Perhaps the "Recent Visitors" section on the boards homepage could have the names in bold if that shipmate is also in Cafe.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes it would definitely be nice to be able to see if there is anyone in there already (and also who is there) before you log in, as logging in takes quite a while, and is a waste of time if there is no-one there who you want to talk to.

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

But if we do the notifications and everybody works on that basis, no-one will ever log in again...

--------------------
French Whine

Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It works, but tell me....which are the busier times? It has been a while since I chatted with Shippies so I don't really remember when the most people are in.

And I like the idea of being able to see who's in before logging in. Would that work on Mac and PC browsers? Are there any browsers the chat rooms don't work well with (since I have a Mac and a PC both)?

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
But if we do the notifications and everybody works on that basis, no-one will ever log in again...

You always get a few people who are always logged on in case they miss something. [Snigger]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sophs:
quote:
* ... if you are running Windows or Linux. For Mac users it will either just work or just not work, and in the latter case you need to pay $$$ to Apple in order to be able to use the software that everyone else gets for free.

Is this gonna be the case when the cafe goes live? 'cos if so...that sucks.

(The software, not Melon)

I'm on a MacBook and it 'just works' for me... which is rather good.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Please, sirs, may we have some sound?

Really, Sir Kevin! You should give up that AOL account.

"You've got mail!"

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have () in my user name which the cafe seems to reject. or me. At any rate, I can't come in.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

I'll help you not to get lost in the brackets in the next update.

--------------------
French Whine

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just having a quick look using someone else's puter (mine is not fancy enough to run the java required for this cafe). No-one here though [Frown]

Strange not to have sounds & just a tiny box for typing & net links not showing *live & clickable*

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eleanor Jane
Shipmate
# 13102

- Posted      Profile for Eleanor Jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone want a chat? I've got a few minutes to fill...

EJ

Posts: 556 | From: Now in the UK! | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Emma-Jean
Shipmate
# 7165

- Posted      Profile for Emma-Jean   Author's homepage   Email Emma-Jean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Very swish - but I second whoever said the speech bubbles are a bit of an issue.

Nice to see the cafe back =)

DT

Why is it that you don't like the speech bubbles? I think they're actually kind of fun.

--------------------
"It is important to remember that for every oxidation there must be a corresponding reduction, and vice versa. When 4 electrons are formally removed from ethanol... they do not simply vanish" - Dr. Hultin

Posts: 422 | From: Winter-peg | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, the cafe is working so well that I now have to exercise self control in using it.

I second the suggestion of others about automatic hyperlinks - would be helpful. As would an option of notification sounds when someone posts.
quote:

Well, I was kind of joking - but if I knew that there was this facility, then I would actually be more likely to log in (and stay in) since I would know that others could see that I was now in - kind of like sending up a flare.
Normally I am just waiting in the cafe for someone else to coincidentally log in. Not that I lurk there or anything...I do have real life outside the ship...somewhere...if I could only remember where I left it...

Another option would be to hook the Biblical Curse Generator up to the cafe so that if there is only one person in there it will start generating curses. That way the person has something to interact with...
ok -just a thought.

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, personally, would find it irritating to have a sound whenever someone posted if it weren't possible to turn it off- but would find it helpful to have a sound when someone new appears in the cafe.
Were sounds to be added at some point, would it be possible to make it possible to opt out of one or the other (as opposed to just pressing 'mute' and opting out of both!)

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Another option would be to hook the Biblical Curse Generator up to the cafe so that if there is only one person in there it will start generating curses. That way the person has something to interact with...

Hey, I like this idea! I would modify it to continue spitting out a random curse (irrespective of number of avatars in the cafe) whenever the conversation was inactive for more than a couple of minutes. It could be useful for those occasions when you find yourself alone in the Cafe with only one other shipmate who isn't known to you, trying to make polite conversation.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

quote:
Another option would be to hook the Biblical Curse Generator up to the cafe

Hold that thought...

--------------------
French Whine

Gwaelod
Shipmate
# 6140

- Posted      Profile for Gwaelod   Email Gwaelod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hold that thought...

Did you need any encouragement?
Posts: 230 | From: Cardiff | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If so, I'll provide some [Big Grin] . It's a very good idea!
Or was that not what you meant.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

I'm kicking around the idea of a bot-writing competition.

--------------------
French Whine

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We could have a bot that spouts forth selected gems from the SoF quotes file.

I'll get my coat on now then...

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, or from the SOF marketing straplines thread. Then you could add in the Unix "fortune" phrases, just to confuse people [Big Grin] .
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rufiki:
Yes, or from the SOF marketing straplines thread

We have another use for the best of that thread, rufiki and they will appear soon. [Cool]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like tomorrow soon???
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks good - I could at least get in there! But I was the only one present, so I don't know yet how it will work for a proper chat. It sounds exciting, though! Thanks for all the hard work which has gone into this.

Blessings,
ErinBear

Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rufiki:
Like tomorrow soon???

Not quite - too much else to sort out first. It's going to be a long night, just like 10 years ago.
[Eek!]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lapsed heathen

Hurler on the ditch
# 4403

- Posted      Profile for lapsed heathen   Email lapsed heathen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Luck with the new launch.
The new cafe's exelent, nice to have the board avatars, would like some bells and whistles, it helps when youre running multiple windows or a stay on top button?. Smileys and hot links espicaly the linky thing would add to an already cool cafe.

Posts: 1361 | From: Marble county | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cut and pasted from the Technical thread:

quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
The new layout is working very well for me - but I still can't get into the Cafe. I click on the link, enter my username (which isn't Wanderer IIRC) and password, and nothing else happens. Where am I going wrong?

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry - I've broken the cafe.

quote:
IO Error (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : socketConnect at line -2
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : doConnect at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connectToAddress at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.SocksSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : connect at line -1
java.net.Socket : <init> at line -1
uk.co.darkgreenmedia.faverolle.SocketComms : run at line 97
java.lang.Thread : run at line -1IO Error (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : socketConnect at line -2
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : doConnect at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connectToAddress at line -1
java.net.PlainSocketImpl : connect at line -1
java.net.SocksSocketImpl : connect at line -1
uk.co.darkgreenmedia.faverolle.SocketComms : run at line 97
java.lang.Thread : run at line -1

and it won't let me back in.

J

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i managed to get back in after a couple of minutes jenny ann, but no one else was there ... (someone else logged back in to say bye)

i have to get off and get ready for work now, so cant try again, but will do tomorrow.

maybe its decided to have a sleep due to the record amount of visitors passing through this afternoon [Smile]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahhh, I see.

I thought it might be a sign I should so some more work!

Jen

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

The café died an hour or so ago, which was quite good as I planned to kill it anyway in order to do some minor updates...

Tubbs, maybe you were trying when the server was down, or, alternatively, I get that effect when I put in the wrong password (or maybe your username/password contains some character currently being rejected by the server).

--------------------
French Whine

Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Taking it that is why I am being told my user name has the wrong attribute, will try later.

Melon, thanks for all your hard work on this though - it is v.much appreciated

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

Well, there were 21 in there a few minutes ago, but I've just fallen overboard.

Can't get back in at the moment, but will towel down and try again later.

was running pretty smoothly up to then though.

--------------------

GrahamR
Shipmate
# 11299

- Posted      Profile for GrahamR   Author's homepage   Email GrahamR   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep getting:
quote:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: uk.co.darkgreenmedia.faverolle.Core
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Which I hope is enlightening to someone else...
I'm running Windows 2000 and Firefox
[Waterworks]

--------------------
My blog - theology, archaeology, science

Posts: 184 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016