homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Sometimes you just click

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Sometimes you just click
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are too many links to click on in the world, or even just SoF, but my finger slipped as I read one post and I found myself among the excellent Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley.

Any recommendations from shipmates for other enjoyable sites? Nothing too high-brow please!

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

Posts: 794 | From: here or there | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever the browage of your site, some account of why it is clickworthy will stop this thread becoming a mere list.

Firenze
Encouraging Heaven Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can second the recommendation for the Beaker Folk. The writer, whilst on the surface appearing to blog about her slightly eccentric cult, provides a wry look at life in general, Christian life in particular, and middle-class English Anglican life especially, which often causes me to laugh out loud. There are also lots of links to other great blogs, which I find can fill an evening easily.

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Whatever the browage of your site, some account of why it is clickworthy will stop this thread becoming a mere list.

My apologies for not singing the praises of Archdruid Eileen or explaining my enthusiasm. And my thanks to mrs whibley for her summary, to which I can add nothing.

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

angelica37
Shipmate
# 8478

- Posted      Profile for angelica37   Author's homepage   Email angelica37   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I discovered the Beaker Folk a while back and love the Archdruid's sense of humour
Posts: 1351 | From: Suffolk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now for something completely different (as Christopher Trace of Blue Peter used to say all those years ago).

Some of you may know I'm a model railway nut. One of the persistent problems with train sets and the like is the space they take up. To help people get round some of these difficulties the late Carl Arendt ran a website for many years extolling micro-layouts which he defined as being no more than three square feet in area. OK, maybe four. Some are even in shoeboxes and they all feature operating model railways.

Amazing, inspirational guy and much missed.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
To help people get round some of these difficulties the late Carl Arendt ran a website for many years extolling micro-layouts which he defined as being no more than three square feet in area.

Throughout my childhood I longed for a train set but my mother (a single parent in the 1950s) couldn't afford to get me one. All kids seem irresistibly drawn to 'tiny worlds' but mine had to stay imaginary. Now in my sixties I fear the impulse has gone. Some wonderful models however, maybe I should investigate a bit more - our garden shed is pretty empty!

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016