homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Places from which you have been ejected (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Places from which you have been ejected
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Karl asked.
quote:
Where was this? Seventh Church of the Apocalyptic roller skate?
No, public skating rink. When dear old Dad checked out why his daughter was sitting on the curb when he arrived to pick her up,
teen aged," Assistant Manager," said it was because I was wearing a tank top which was against the rules. No it was not a tank top it was a sleeveless blouse. Dad called the Manager the next day and got my money back for me. Still I was totally mortified as only a 12 year old can be.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
I was thrown out of a pub once.
My boyfriend and I were driving from Brighton to Norfolk. We needed a comfort break and were both thirsty so we stopped at a roadside hostelry, possibly around Suffolk.
We ordered drinks and he visited the little boys room. When he returned I visited the little girls room and we settled down with our drinks.
At this the barmaid started screeching at us that we were only there for the loo and chucked us out! [Roll Eyes]

What was the point of throwing you out after you had used the loo?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angelica37:
I was reading through this thinking what a dull life I've led when I remembered I was actually ejected from a pub once. I was out with my parents and my three small children at the time, we stopped at a nice country pub by a river walked into the bar to order some food and were greeted by 'No children in here, outside!' so we went outside and went to the next village instead.

This has happened to me, I was with my daughter and baby grandaughter who was in a pram, and went into a village pub for food.

We were told that we couldn't take a child in the pub but could sit outside in the 'beer garden' it was cold and damp and full of smokers. We thought it wasn't a good idea to take a baby into a fume filled area....

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
HughWillRidmee
Shipmate
# 15614

- Posted      Profile for HughWillRidmee   Email HughWillRidmee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Four of us used to get "banned for life" at least once a month from the West Ealing Wimpy Bar. We could only assume that it was because the waitresses (we used to sit down to dawdle over a coke in those days) thought chatting to us preferable to clearing tables.

Guess who's job it was to persuade Wendy (the manageress) to let us back in after a few days.

--------------------
The danger to society is not merely that it should believe wrong things.. but that it should become credulous, and lose the habit of testing things and inquiring into them...
W. K. Clifford, "The Ethics of Belief" (1877)

Posts: 894 | From: Middle England | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:

We ordered drinks and he visited the little boys room. When he returned I visited the little girls room and we settled down with our drinks.
At this the barmaid started screeching at us that we were only there for the loo and chucked us out! [Roll Eyes]

So, let me get this straight-- you actually purchased beverages and she still chucked you out?

What an idiot. You might have stuck around and bought more.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was kicked out of a seedy bar in Brooklyn for being under age (only 15), back when the drinking age here was 18. The ironic thing was that just about everyone in the place was under age. If they had uniformly enforced that rule then the place would have been empty! Later I found out that one of my, errr... friends had ratted me out. I moved on to a higher class joint, one owned by an elderly woman who used to sleep in the place at night, and who tried seducing one of my friends.

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tree Bee did you take your drinks with you?
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Tree Bee did you take your drinks with you?

Unlikely, surely, as the containers (glasses) would belong to the pub.

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They could well have taken the drinks, if not the glasses in which they were served.

[ 25. October 2012, 08:56: Message edited by: Gee D ]

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We just scuttled out, angry and embarrassed . The pub was full of 'proper' customers staring at us.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been in a few places where it's been obvious that they prefer our place to our company, but never actively thrown out. But I always remember one odd instance of being refused service....

We were driving down from Kingston to Albany the Sunday after 9/11. Come lunchtime, we saw a sign on the highway advertising a restaurant in the next small town. Can't remember what it was called - it had a disconcertingly large industrial plant smack in the middle. Anyway, we found Mom's Diner, and it was mostly empty apart from one family being served a large meal, and a guy leaning on the bar. We tried sitting at a table for a while. I tried going up to the bar to see if perhaps you ordered from there. There were two waitresses, one ferrying plates to the occupied table - but it was when the other took to wiping tables in the furthest corner of the room in preference to giving us so much as eye contact that we realised we were not going to be eating here.

What was going on?

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back in the 1950s I was traveling around Germany with a friend. We both developed bad colds, and one evening we decided to go to a place where they served alcohol, drink one stiff drink, and then go back to the place where we were staying.

We were very warmly dressed; there was nothing remotely sexy-looking about us, especially since we felt so lousy. We were turned away because the place would not admit women who were not accompanied by men.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You snuffling sirens, you! In your lewd overcoats and woolly hats!
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been thrown off the track at Brands Hatch, which is pretty good considering that I've never driven a racing car!

The school I was at was a bit keen on running, and a group of us were entered in a "fun run" (years later I can wince at the ironic juxtaposition) there, though no-one seems to have read the small print and as a result I and another lad were fished forcefully off the circuit for being under-age. Possibly the slowest lap of the short circuit ever and, as a result, I've still never seen the outer circuit.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got thrown out of a school music class once. My hearing doesn't work properly, so I've never been musical. Anyway, our school had a visiting music teacher, who decided that I was faking the poor hearing in order to be the class clown. I was chucked out of class, and told I'd be belted later. Fortunately she didn't carry out the threatened belting.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine makes me sound like such a nerd. When I was at university some of my fellow lefties and I would gatecrash finance meetings of the student union and pick faults with the budget and generally ask awkward questions. Come a new year and a new set of full time officers, carefully manipulated by the paid staff, the meeting became closed and we were ejected. The following year I was appointed to the committee myself.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was thrown out of my high-school library once. May I just say that the librarian, who bore an astonishing resemblance to an animated goose, had absolutely no sense of humor.

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016