homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2012 Birthdays, Saints Days and Just Fun Days (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2012 Birthdays, Saints Days and Just Fun Days
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] I am perfectly happy to have 2 birthdays, as soon as I only have to be 1 year older!

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...so thank you twice, MB! [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May is brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee, Brownielocks and the Birthday Lady

MAY is ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Arthritis Awareness, Better Hearing and Speech, Brain Tumor Awareness, Celiac awareness, Carrots and Cauliflower, Clean Air, Family Wellness, Fibromyalgia Education and Awareness, Heal the Children, Healthy Vision, Huntington’s Disease Awareness, International Civility Awareness, Lupus Awareness, Allergy and Asthma Awareness, Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention, Bike, Egg, Foster Care, Good Car Keeping, Hamburger, Hepatitis Awareness, Neurofibromatosis Awareness, Mental Health, Military Appreciation, Osteoporosis Prevention, Photo, Physiotherapy, Smile, Salad, Stroke Awareness, Tennis, Vinegar, Older Americans, Prepare Tomorrow’s Parents, Revise your work schedule, Skin Cancer, Tay-Sachs, Tourette Syndrome, Women’s Health Care Month

May to September Well Dressing in Derbyshire
1 MAY DAY!
Feast Day of St. Joseph (1st Century), revered as the patron saint of all workers. (In New Mexico it is customary to plant hollyhocks outside the kitchen door)
Feast of Saints Philip and James
Feast of San Peregrino patron of those suffering from cancer.
Beltaine
International Worker's Day
Stepmother’s Day
World Laughter Day
World Asthma Day
National Anxiety and Depression Awareness week
Update your resume week
2 Feast of St. Athanasius
Sibling Appreciation Day
Robert’s Rules of Order Day
3 NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER [Votive]
Paranormal Day
4 Feast of Saints and Martyrs of the Reformation
Feast of St. Florian, patron of brewers, chimney sweeps and firemen, invoked against drowning, he was an officer in Roman army,and drowned for his faith.
Star Wars Day(just for you, Jedi!)
No Pants Day
4-6 Rochester Sweeps Festival
5 HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHELLEY *****
***** HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MULTIPARA *****
Happy Cartoonist Day to Simon and Dave Walker
National Homebrew Day
6 No Diet Day
Nurses’s Day
World Laughter Day
6-12 Be kind to Animals week
National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week
National Family Week
National Nurse’s week
7 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MSHB *****
National Train Day (which is the anniversary of US transcontinental railway)
May Day (Northern Territories)
Labour Day (Queensland)
The New Jerusalem Church (commonly known as Swedenborgianism) formally established in London 1787
Red Cross Day
World Asthma Day
Birthmother's Day (the day before Mother's Day)
7-11 Teacher Appreciation Week
8 Mother’s Day (US)
Dia De La Madre (Mexico)
Fete de Victoire, (France)
National Teacher Day
VE Day
Feast of St Julian of Norwich - whose famous quote is (“all will be well, and all will be well and all matters of things will be well”)
Care Provider Day
National Stuttering Awareness Week
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
10 Feast of the Blessed Damien of Molokai
Lag B’Omer (begins at sunset on the 9th)
11 ASCENSION DAY
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEREN HAPPUCH *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARABELLA PURITY WINTERBOTTOM *****
Child Care Provider Day
12 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TORTUF *****
Babysitters Day
Hug your cat today
Limerick Day
World Belly Dance Day (just for you, Janine)
13 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIGLET *****
Mother’s Day (US)
13-19 Salute to Moms 35+ week
14 Feast of St. Matthew the Apostle
Donate a DAY’S WAGES to Charity Day ! (WHAT A GOOD IDEA!)
National “Chicken Dance” day
14-20 American Craft Beer Week
15 Feast of St Dymphna, patron of asylums and mental health workers, invoked against epilepsy, insanity and sleepwalking
Feast of San Isidro, patron of farmers, workers and ranchers, invoked for rain.
International Day of Families
15-21 National Police Week
16 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMACITA *****
Feast of San Juan Nepomuceno, patron of bridges, bridge builders, Bohemia and confessors, invoked against slander.
17 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY YANGTZE *****
Feast of San Pasqual the patron of cooks and the kitchen, invoked against sad spirits
World Communications Day
18 Feast of Erik, King of Sweden, Martyr, 1160
I Love “Reese’s Candy” day
Visit your relatives Day
Armed Forces Day
19 Feast of St Dunstan, Archbishop of Canterbury, 988
Armed Forces Day
Preakness horse race (US)
20 Feast of Alcuin of York, Deacon and Abbott
21 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY! JAMES THE CONFIDENT *****
Feast of Our Lady of Light, prayed to by soldiers requesting guidance as they go into battle.
Victoria Day (Canada)
Wait Staff Day
21-27 National Safe Boating Week
22 Feast of St Rita, patron of desperate causes, abused women, invoked against infertility, loneliness, unhappy marriage and spousal infidelity.
23 National Crohn’s and Colitis Day
24 Feast of John and Charles Wesley, 1791 and 1788, Evangelists and Hymn Writers
Feast of St. Cyril and Methodius
Empire Day/Commonwealth Day
Brother’s Day
Hug your cat day
25 Feast of the Venerable Bede
Nerd and Geek Pride Day
Cookie Monster’s Birthday
Tap Dance Day
26 Feast of St. Augustine of Canterbury
National “Sorry” day (AUS)
27 PENTECOST / WHITSUNDAY
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM PATER *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUIA *****
Feast of St. Melangeli
Shavout-Thanksgiving for harvest and time of rejoicing
Honor your Ancestors Day
28 Feast of San Bernardo, patron of skiers and mountain climbers
Whit Monday
Memorial Day (US)
29 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADRIAN1*****
Feast of John Calvin
Oak/Apple Day (Pinch Bum Day)
30 Feast of Joan of Arc, patroness France and the military.
Prayer for Peace
Feast of St. Eusebius, early church father
31 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HILDA OF WHITBY *****
Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Elizabeth
World "NO TOBACCO" Day

[ 02. May 2012, 14:58: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
GOOD MORNING and HAPPY MAY DAY to you.

Today is StepMother's Day, as I am one, I want to wish other stepmother's a very happy day. God bless all of us. [Overused]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Star Wars Day (just for you, Jedi!)
And also with you! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No Pants Day
Is this of the American or English variety?!

And either way does it mean I'm not allowed to exist today. [Snigger]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who said that?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Today, on National Nurse's Day, I am remembering all the nurses that have been good to me. They do such a great service to people. And on this day, I remember my Mom, who was a nurse.

God bless all you nurses today.

[ 06. May 2012, 20:37: Message edited by: Ye Olde Motherboarde ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
25 Nerd and Geek Pride Day
To go with that, it's also Towel Day.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
quote:
That's especially for your towel with 'Don't Panic' on.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
quote:
That's especially for your towel with 'Don't Panic' on.
Laughing hysterically at that one., SS.

When the American made "HGTTG" movie was in theaters, JB and I got our towels and bathrobes to see it, but we didn't have "Don't Panic" on the towel. [Killing me]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Don't forget the large, friendly letters!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, 12th May 2012, is the bicentenary of Edward Lear. The Ship of Fools ought to remember him, as I'm sure he would have approved of the site and we have, from time to time, a limerick thread, which was one of his favourite forms.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

And Google today remembers him!

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Today, 12th May 2012, is the bicentenary of Edward Lear. The Ship of Fools ought to remember him, as I'm sure he would have approved of the site and we have, from time to time, a limerick thread, which was one of his favourite forms.

Just a shame he didn't understand how to write them properly, but that's for another thread!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Enigma

Enigma
# 16158

- Posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once read a poem by Edward...... oops I'm sure someone will start up a thread.

--------------------
Who knows? Only God!

Posts: 856 | From: Wales | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

May I be the first to say
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
to all the Mothers or Mums on the Ship.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Mamacita, your birthday is upon us!
Have a great time tomorrow.

[Axe murder] MB and JB

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Something that did not get posted today is Janine and FG's anniversary.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde:
Mamacita, your birthday is upon us!
Have a great time tomorrow.

[Axe murder] MB and JB

Goodness, where are my manners? Thank you for the birthday greeting! Birthday came and went with no obvious signs of damage. I am, however, officially an Old Broad now.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Old is Gold!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by bib:
Just realised I celebrate my birthday on Martin Luther King Day. I guess I can share it with such an illustrious man.

So does my brother: he just turned 56 in Los Angeles.
MLK was murdered on my sister's 14th birthday, 4th April 1968.

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

June is brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee, and the Birthday Lady.

June is National Dairy, Adopt a shelter Cat, Audio Book, Black Music, Celibacy Awareness, Child Vision Awareness, Dairy Alternative, Effective Communication, Fireworks Safety, Fruit and Veggies, Gay and Lesbian Pride, Great Outdoors, Childhood Cancer, Lane Courtesy, Lemon and Mango, Perennial Garden, Turkey Lovers, Bathroom Reading, Iced Tea, Rivers, Rose, Safety, Smile, Soul Food, Potty Training Awareness, Rebuild Your Life, Student safety, Turkey Lovers, Vision Research, Women's Infertility Moth.

1 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATRINE *****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEARL B-4 SWINE *****
Feast of Justin, martyr
Atlantic Hurricane Season begins
Step-parent's Day (for the appreciated and under-appreciated of us who are step-parents. Hurrah for all of US!)
Heimlich Maneuver Day
Say Something Nice Day
2 Feast of St. Erasmus
Coronation Day Salute to the Queen
Bubba Day
National Running Day
Yell "Fudge" at Cobras Day
3 Trinity Sunday/WhitSunday
Egg Day
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK THE LASS *****
4 Whit Monday/Spring Bank Holiday
Foundation Day (Western Australia)
DO-DAH Day (Salute to Silliness Day)

5 The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday

Feast of the Ascension
Feast of St. Boniface, Archbishop of Canterbury
National Cancer Survivor’s Day
Headache Awareness Week
Scandanavian Evangelical Lutheran Augsburg Synod in North America founded
World Environment Day
6 D-DAY, Normandy!
Saturday of Souls (Greek Orthodox)
Feast of St. Norbert
National Day (Sweden)
Cake Day
7 Pentecost (Orthodox)
Feast of Corpus Christi
Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Charles Spurgeon preached his last sermon in 1891
Cancer Survivor's Day
8 Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Best Friends Day
World Ocean's Day
9 TRIPLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PANTS*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BASSO*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNY ANN*****
Feast of St. Columba, missionary to Scotland and Northern England, founder of Iona
United Church of Canada formed in 1925
Presbyterian Church formed in US, 1893
Iced Tea Day
11 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MULTIPARA *****
Queen’s Official Birthday (AUS, except WA)
Wicked World of Croquet Day
Feast of Barnabas the Apostle
Taco Day
13 Feast of St. Antony of Padua, Patron of Portugal, the harvest, poor, spinsters invoked against infertility and those looking for lost objects
Abused Women and Children Awareness Day
14 TRIPLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMAZING GRACE*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCROEDINGER'S CAT *****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARISTON ASTUANAX*****
Flag Day (US)
US Army's Birthday
Blood Donor Day
Family History Day
15 Magna Carta Day
National Day of prayer for Law Enforcement Officers
National Flip Flop Day
16 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHOEHORN WITH TEETH*****
Feast of Richard of Chichester, bishop
Forgiveness Week
17 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADY R OF ASHWOOD *****
Father’s Day
Dia del Padre (Mexico)
Birth of John Wesley in 1703
International Sushi Day
19 World Sauntering Day
‘Juneteenth’ (US) (Liberation of slaves day)
Council of Nicea closes in 325
19-23 Royal Ascot
20 THE SUMMER SOLSTICE
World Juggling Day
21 Atheist’s Solidarity Day
Feast of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, patron of youth
22 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TREE BEE *****
Feast of St. Alban, first British martyr in 209
Feast of John Fisher, bishop
Feast of Thomas More, martyr
Feast of San Acacio, invoked against headaches
"It's a Stupid Guy Thing" Day
Chocolate Eclair Day
23 Feast of Etheldreda, abbess
Pink Flamingos as lawn ornaments day
24 Feast of San Juan Bautista, patron of auto routes, candlemakers, farriers, health spas, workers in leather and wool.
St. Jean-Baptiste Day (CA and Quebec)
First Methodist conference begins, 1744
United Church of Christ formed in 1865
Commemoration of the Augsburg Confession 478 years ago
Commemoration of the Evangelical Lutheran Book of Concord (428 years ago)
Midsummer’s Day
International Fairy Day
25 Take your PET to work day
25-8 July Wimbledon!
27 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TALIESIN *****
HIV Testing Day
Birthday of Helen Keller
27June-1July Henley Regatta on the Thames
28 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANNY OGG *****
Lutheran Church in US is formed, 1962
Feast of St. Ireaneus, bishop
Take your CHILD to work day
Paul Bunyan Day
29 Feast of San Pedro, patron of boat builders, clockmakers, fisherman, invoked against fever, foot trouble and wolves. Gatekeeper of heaven
Feast of St. Peter and Paul
Library Advocacy Day
30 All Saints (Orthodox)
Leap Second Time Adjustment Day
Tour de France begins

[ 30. May 2012, 06:55: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Happy birthday Jenny Ann and Basso - it seems to have come around again quickly!!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

And happy birthday to you too, Pants! [Smile]

--------------------

Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday Pants and Basso!

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

BIG BIRTHDAY NEWS!
:
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMAZING GRACE*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCROEDINGER'S CAT *****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARISTON ASTUANAX*****

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

July is brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee and the Birthday Lady.

JULY is Air Conditioning Appreciation, Bioterrorism/Disaster Education and Awareness, Blueberries, Cell Phone Courtesy, Family Reunion, Herbal and Prescription Awareness, Women with Alopecia, Child-Centered Divorce, Grilling, Ice Cream, Horseradish, Hot Dog, Park and Recreation, Social Wellness, Tour de France, Women’s Motorcycle Month.

1 Canada Day
Second Half of the Year Day
Feast of Oliver Plunkett, bishop and martyr
Princess Diana's birthday
Postal Worker Day
Feast of John and Henry Venn, priests
1-3 Roswell, NM UFO Days
2 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CURIOUS *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEHU, SON OF NIMSHI *****
World UFO Day
I forgot Day
International Chicken Wing Day
3 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR.SPOUSE *****
Feast of Thomas the Apostle, Patron of Architects, builders, construction workers, carpenters, geometricians, masons. Invoked against blindness and doubt.
Stay out of the sun day!
Air Conditioning Appreciation Day
3-7 Henley Regatta, on the Thames River
4 Independence Day, Fourth of July (US)

Collect for Independence Day and Prayer for the Nation
Lord God Almighty, in whose Name the founders of this country won liberty for themselves and for us, and lit the torch of freedom for nations then unborn: Grant that we and all the people of this land may have grace to maintain our liberties in righteousness and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. 

Lord God Almighty, you have made all the peoples of the earth for your glory, to serve you in freedom and in peace: Give to the people of our country a zeal for justice and the strength of forbearance, that we may use our liberty in accordance with your gracious will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

Independence day from meat day
Feast of Our Lady of Refuge
National Barbeque Day
5 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDWARD GREEN*****
Earth at Aphelion
Tynwald Day, Isle of Man
6 NATIONAL KISSING DAY !
Feast of Thomas More, Scholar
Feast of John Fisher, bishop, martyr
Take your Webmaster to lunch day
7 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCARLET*****
Global Forgiveness Day
Chocolate Day
Father-Daughter take a walk together day
Tell the Truth Day!
10 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABYBEAR*****
Pina Colada Day
Don't step on a bee day
Teddy Bear’s Picnic Day
11 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, les@BALM *****
Feast of St. Benedict of Mercia, Abbot and patron of Europe, Architects, the dying, farm workers, monks and servants.Invoked against gallstones, poison and witchcraft.
Swimming Pool Day
Cheer up the Lonely Day
“Slurpee” Day
12 Feast of Saint Veronica, patroness of launderesses.
Orangemen’s Day (Ireland)
13 Embrace your GEEK-INESS Day!
National French Fries Day
Disgruntled Workers Day
Chick-fil-A’s “Cow Appreciation Day”
14 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIOLA*****
Feast of Camio de Lelis. Patron of hospitals, nurses and the sick, invoked against gambling.
Fête de la Bastille (FR)
Feast of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, Lily of the Mohawks, first Native American saint
15 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHIVE*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATRIX*****
Feast of St. Swithun, Bishop of Winchester
National ICE CREAM day [Yipee]
Don't be a Dork Day
16 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOTS OF YAY *****
Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, patroness of the souls in Purgatory
Feast of St. Osmund, bishop
Global Hug your Kid Day
Hot Dog Day
Shark Awareness Day
16-20 Swan-Upping on the Thames River
17 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALUTE TO ANCIENT MARINER***** [Overused]
18 Feast of Elizabeth, First Deaconess of the Church of England, founder of the Community of St. Andrew, 1883
International Nelson Mandela Day
19 ***** HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, JOSEPHINE AND MOUSETHIEF ***** (Many Years!)
Feast of St, Gregory of Nyssa, bishop
Feast of St. Macrina, deaconess
20 Margaret of Antioch, martyr, 4 century
Feast of Batholome de las Casas, missionary
Moon Day
21 THE FEAST OF THE BELOVED ST. SIMEON!
Feast of St. Librada, Patroness of liberated women, invoked against men. Crucified by her father for not marrying his choice of suitors
Toss away the “Could Haves” and “Should Haves” Day
Celebration of the Horse day
HOT DOG day
22 Feast of Mary Magdalene, Patroness of contemplatives, fallen women, glovers, hairdressers and perfumers. Much maligned women, but defended by Christ and witnessed to his resurrection
PARENT’S DAY
Spoonerism Day
23 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN CRESSWELL, beloved of Flausa*****
Feast of St. Bridget, Patroness of Europe
23 Gorgeous Grandma Day
"Hot enough for ya?" day
24 Tell an old joke day
25 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ST. GWLADYS *****
Feast of James the Apostle
Feast of San Cristobal, Patron of bachelors, bus drivers, ferry pilots, horsemen, police officers, truck drivers and especially travelers. Invoked against nightmares, water perils, plague, sudden death and tempests.
Feast of Santiago de Compostela. Patron of Guatemala, Spain, Nicaragua, veterinarians, horsemen laborers, furriers, soldiers. Invoked against arthritis, rheumatism
China Inland Missionary (OMF) founded by J. Hudson Taylor in 1865
26 Feast of Anne and Joachim, parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Combined with this feast is the Feast of Santa Ana, Patroness of housewives, grandmothers and cabinetmakers, Grandmother of Jesus
27 THE OLYMPICS BEGINS IN LONDON!
System Administration Appreciation Day
Korean War Veterans Day
Take your houseplants for a walk day
28 Milk Chocolate Day
Accountant's Day
Hamburger Day
29 Tish B’Av to remember communal tragedies of the Jewish people, a fast day and reading of Lamentations
Feast of Mary, Martha and Lazarus, companions of the Lord
System Administrators Day
Lasagna Day
Chili Day
Rain Day
Rocket Day
30 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY "FOREVER 21" BIRTHDAY, SEASICK*****
*****HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY, JLG*****
Feast of William Wilberforce, social reformer, 1833
Father-in-law day
31 *****HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ALAN AND FLAUSA *****
Feast of Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, society of Jesus, Patron of the military and of religious retreats. Invoked against being overly conscientious.
Feast of San Juan Diego, an Aztec native who saw 4 apparitions of Mary on Tepeyac Hill, Mexico

[ 03. July 2012, 02:03: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is posted from another thread and is really by Ye Olde Motherboarde and not by me - though I have made some slight alterations in the process.

quote:
(my thread keeps disappearing - so I'm starting again!) <sigh>

AUGUST is brought to you by brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee and the Birthday Lady.

August is American adventures, American Indian Heritage, Cataract Awareness, Children’s Eye Health, Golf, Get Ready for Kindergarten, Immunization, Panini, Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness, Runaway Prevention, National truancy, Water Quality, Orange, Papaya, Cactus, Psoriasis Day.

1 Lammas Day / Loaf Mass
Yorkshire Day
Lughnasadh
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROWEN*****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BESS HIGGS*****
Respect your parents day
Girlfriend’s Day
Air Force Day
Feast of St. Alphonsus
Commemoration of Mary de Liquori
Feast of St Oswald, King of Northumbria, martyr, 64
1-7 International Clown Week
Simplify your life week
2 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZEKE *****
Feast of St Eusebius of Vercelli
Friendship Day
3-27 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
4 Feast of St. John Vianney
Coast Guard Day
Social Security Day
Feast of St. Oswald, martyr
5 Friendship Day
International Beer Day
National Sisters Day
6 Hiroshima Day
Pamper Yourself Day
Picnic Day, Northern Territories, Australia
6-10 Single Working Women’s Week
6-12 Sturgis, North Dakota, US. "Bike Week"
7 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEO*****
Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus
Feast of St Sixtus, Pope
Feast of St Cajetan, Patron of gamblers
National 'Lights Out' Day
Commemoration of John Mason Neale, hymn writer
8 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GLADLY THE CROSS-EYED BEAR!*****
Happiness Happens Day
Cheesecake Day
Feast of St Dominic, priest and friar, founder of the order of preachers, Patron of astronomers.
Death of Thomas a Kempis, Dutch mystic and author, 1471
Feast of St Denys
Feast of Teresa Benedict of the Cross (Edith Stein), virgin, martyr, patron of Europe
Feast of Mary Sumner, founder of the Mother's Union, 1921
9 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETEC *****
9-12 Gallup Inter-Tribal Pow Wow, Gallup, New Mexico
10 Feast of St Laurence (Lorenzo), Patron of Cooks. librarians and the poor. Martyred because he disobeyed an order to collect treasures for church, then instead gave it to the poor, saying “these are the church’s treasures”.
Smithsonian Day, Smithsonian Museums, Washington, DC
National DuranDuran Appreciation Day (just for you, PataLeBon)
International Day of World’s Indigenous People
9-Sept 2 Edinburgh Festival
10 Royal Queensland Show, Weston Downs, Australia
10-18 35th Anniversary ELVIS WEEK! Memphis, Tennessee
11***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA *****
Feast of St Clare, virgin, friend of St Francis of Assisi, Patroness of television, embroiderers and media employees, invoked against sore eyes.
Commemoration of John Henry Newman, priest, 1890
11-12 Kool-Aid Day
12 TRIPLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLAUSA *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUGASAW *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PataLeBon *****
Thank You Day
International Left Handers Day
Commemoration of Florence Nightingale, nurse and social reformer, 1910
Formation of the first Moravian community, 1727
International Nagging Day
IBM PC Day
13 Royal Queensland Show-(Bundaberg Region, Goondwindi Region, Lockyer Valley Region, Moreton Bay Region, North Burnett, Scenic Rim, Shire of Baloone, Shire of Cherbourg, Somerset Region, South Burnett, Toowoomba Region), Australia
14 Feast of Maxmilian Kolbe, Patron of drug addicts, invoked against drug addiction
National Navajo Code Talkers Day, US
V-J Day
15 World War II ends in 1945
Feast of St Stephen of Hungary
Best Friends Day
Royal Queensland Show-(City of Brisbane, City of Gold Coast, City of Redland), Australia
Indian Independence Day
16 Feast of St Ethelred
17 Formation of the Christian Association of Washington (Pennsylvania), which later became the Disciples of Christ, the Christian Churches and the churches of Christ
Feast of San Roque, Patron of cattle, doctors, dog lovers and prisoners, invoked against cholera, contagious diseases, skin disease and the plague
Hug your Boss Day
17-26 Little League Baseball World Series, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
18 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DJ_ORDINAIRE *****
Feast of St. Helen, patroness of archeologist.
John Bunyan, Puritan preacher, 69, preached his first sermon in 1688
Bad Poetry Day
Mail Order Catalog Day
19 Feast of St Eudes
Formation of the Christian Union, which later became the Church of God, 1886
Aviation Day
19 Feast of Bernard of Clairvaux, abbot and doctor
20 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOTHLORIEN *****
21 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NUNC DIMITTIS *****
Poets Day
Senior Citizens Day
22 National Punctuation Day
23 Feast of St Rose Of Lima,Patroness of Central and South America, florists, gardeners.
Feast of St Bartholomew, apostle
Formation of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa, which became the American Lutheran Church, 1854
International Day for Remembrance of Slave Trade and its Abolition
Children's Day
Protestantism was formally adopted a the First General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, 1560
General Council of Nicea ended, 325
Feast of St Ebba
Feast of St Louis, King
Feast of St Joseph of Calasanz
24 Shire of Cook, Agricultural Show, Australia
Waffle Day
Pluto Demoted Day
25 Kiss and Make up Day
25-26 International Bat Night
25-31 Be Kind to Humankind week
26 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRESLEYTERIAN *****
Woman's Equality Day
26-28 Reading Festival
Notting Hill Festival
27 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EBETH *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOM DAY *****
Feast of St Monica, Mother of Augustine of Hippo, 387
Late Summer Bank Holiday, UK
28 Feast of St Augustine of Hippo, Patron of brewers and printers.
National Race your Mouse across the Icon's Day
29 Beheading of John the Baptist
Eat more herbs, use less salt day
29 London ParaOlympic Games, London, England
Commemoration of John Bunyan, teacher, 1688
30 Commemoration of the beheading of St John the Baptist
Feast of Margaret Clitherow, Anne Link and Margaret Ward, virgins and martyrs
31 Feast of San Ramon Nonato, Patron of Catalonia, childbirth, children, midwives, obstetricians and pregnant women invoked against false accusations.

[Edited name of shipmate who changed her screen name 11 years ago - Spike]

[ 02. August 2012, 19:28: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

This month, other than having a Perseid meteor shower on August 27, is a DOUBLE FULL MOON month. The second moon, on August 31 is called the "Blue Moon". Like the old saying, "once in a blue moon".

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Oh, and Happy Birthday, ZEKE!

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

BELATED BIRTHDAY wishes to LAURA! Hope you and the family had a scrumptious birthday.

And now for todays' contestant:

HAPPY BIRTHDAT, Flausa! I also hope that your day is scrumptious!

[Axe murder]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

And, no i didn't forget you, Pata and Rug!, It's your birthday, too. Hope your double celebration is lots of fun, although I know you are both getting ready for school. Enjoy your day!

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Happy Birthday, Presleyterian!

And tomorrow is another birthday girl's day

Happy Birthday, EBeth

--------------------

ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you MB! [Axe murder]

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

I hope you all are enjoying the "Blue Moon" Saturday night.

September is Talk like a Pirate, Responsible Dog Ownership, ADH Disorder, Apple, Be kind to Editors and Writers, Children Good Manners, Cancer Awareness, Chicken, Chili Peppers and Figs, DNA, Geonomics and Stem Cell Education, Coupon, Healthy Aging, Hispanic Heritage, Honey, Low Fat and Low Cholesterol, Mold Awareness, Mushroom, Organic Harvest, Osteopathic Medicine, Prime Beef, Sickle Cell, Peas and Radish, Piano, Preparedness, Rice, Skin Care, Reunion Planning, Self Improvement, Healthy Aging, Sports and Home Eye Health and Safety, Update your Resume’, Women’s Friendship, World Leukemia and Lymphoma, Animal Remembrance, Spanish Hispanic Heritage, and Wild Rice Month

1 Calendar Adjustment Day
Blackpool Illuminations
Heritage Open Day throughout the England, Wales and Northern Ireland to National Trust properties
Harvest Festivals throughout the UK
Last night of the Proms, London
National Wattle Day (AUS)

2 V-J Day
Father’s Day (AUS)
3 Australian National Flag Day
Labour Day (Canada)
4  ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!! 
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALUTE TO THE CAPTAIN***** !

Father’s Day (AUS and NZ)
Feast of Saint Rosalia, patroness of Palermo
5 Be late for Something Day
Labor Day (US)
Labour Day, Canada
Build on Faith Day
7 San Cayetano Feast Day patron of gamblers
GOOGLE Founded Commemoration Day
8 Nativity of the Theotokos (Orthodox)
Birthday of the Virgin Mary
Santo Domingo Feast Day
International Literacy Day
9 National Grandparent’s Day
Wonderful Weirdos Day
Feast of Saint Maria Turibia and San Isidoro Labrador, Patrons of married people
10 ***** Happy Heavenly Homecoming, JLG ***** [Tear]
9/11 Commemoration Day and Day of Service 
12 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRUDY SCRUMPTOUS***** 
13 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROOK *****
Feast of St John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople
International Chocolate Day 
National Boss/Employee Exchange Day
National Peanut Day
14 Exaltation of the Holy Cross (Orthodox)
Triumph of the Holy Cross Day
Feast of Maxmillian Kolbe, patron of drug addicts
15 Nuestra Senora de los Dolores, patroness of troubled mothers
Greenpeace Day
16 Hurricane Katrina National Day of Prayer and Remembrance
Wife Appreciation Day
Mayflower Day
Trail of Tears Commemoration Day 
Stepfamily Day
Cheese Pizza Day
Constitution Day
National POW/MIA Recognition Day
17 Rosh Hashanah - Jewish feast of creation and that God is King over all
God Bless America Day 
Australian Citizenship Day (AUS)
Feast of San Roque (patron of Doctors, dog lovers, prisoners and cattle)
Constitution Day
Citizenship Day 
Action for Human Habitat Day
Feast of St. Hildegard of Bingen, Benedictine nun and visionary
18 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPIKE, BELOVED OF TINA*****
Feast of St Helen patron of archeologists
Air Force Birthday (US)
National Respect Day
Eat an Apple Day
HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
National Play-Doh Day
18-24 JRR Tolkien Week

19  Avast ye mateys, AAARRGGHH!!! It's Talk like a Pirate Day !!!AAARRRGGHH!  

DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TINA, BELOVED OF SPIKE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BENEDICTUS *****
World Priest Day
National Singles Week
Turn off your TV week
20 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NIGHTLAMP*****
21 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIONI SAIS *****
Feast of St. Matthew, apostle and evangelist
World GRATITUDE Day (What are YOU thankful for?)
International Day of Peace
World Alzheimer's Day
22 International Day of Peace
Car Free Day
Hobbit Day
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SINE NOMINE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THE GREAT GUMBY *****
23 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MALEVEQUE *****
Equinox /
First Day of Autumn (Northern Hemisphere)
First Day of Spring (Southern Hemisphere)
Feast of Santa Rosa de Lima Patron of gardeners, florists, Central and South America
WHITE Chocolate Day (Erin’s Favorite)
24 Hug a Vegetarian Day
25 Yom Kippur
R.E.A.D in America Day
Single Parent Family Day
26 Good Neighbor Appreciation Day
Hunting and Fishing Day
27 Feast of St. Vincent de Paul
Ancestor Appreciation Day
World Tourism Day
28 National Good Neighbors Day
Feast of St. Wenceslas
Feast of San Augustin, Bishop of Hippo (patron of brewers and printers)
29 Women's Health and Fitness Day
National Museum Day
Feast of Michelmas 
Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael 
All Angels Day
30 Sukkot-Holiest day of the Jewish year--the day on which we are closest to God and to the quintessence of our own souls. It is the Day of Atonement
Feast of San Geronimo, patron of librarians, students
Ask a Stupid Question Day

[ 01. September 2012, 23:32: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

So, Simon, how was your birthday?

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

A sad day today - 9/11 is burned into our hearts.
[Tear]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

AVAST YE, SHIPMATES,

It's TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!

Here's a VIDEO just for you! to get in the mood.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Tina and Benedictus, two wonderful people, who deserve to have a great day today! [Axe murder]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Happy Belated Birthday, SINE
and Happy Birthday, MALEVEQUE

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday LRP.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

October is brought to you by Spike, the Birthday Lady, and the Saints Coordination Committee,

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog, Apple, Bat Appreciation, Bully prevention, Celiac Awareness, Caffeine Addiction, Chili (not chile), Church Library, Class Reunion, Domestic Violence awareness, Down Syndrome, Dyslexia awareness, Eat Country Ham!, National AIDS awareness, Bake and Decorate, Book, Breast Cancer awareness, Caramel and Candy Corn, Chiropractic, Crime Prevention, Dental hygiene, Ergonomics, Fair Trade, Financial Planning, German Heritage, Halloween Safety, Health Literacy, Italian heritage, Kitchen and Bath, Physical Therapy, Protect your hearing, Roller skating, RSV awareness, Right Brainers RULE!, Sarcastic Awareness, Spina Bifida awareness, SIDS awareness, Pizza, Positive attitude, Sausage, Spinach, Tackling hunger, Vegetarian, Work and family, World Menopause Month

1 Feast of Saint Teresita del Nino, The 'little flower' Patroness of florists, foreign missions, pilots and France. Invoked against Tuberculosis
Commemoration of Remigius, Bishop of Rheims, confessor 533
Commemoration of Lord Shaftesbury, social reformer, 1885
Queen’s Birthday, Western Australia;
Labour Day, South Australia, Queensland;
Pearly Kings and Queens Harvest Festival, London;
World Day of Bullying Prevention;
International day of Older Persons;
Fall Astronomy Day;
World Vegetarian Day
1-9 Sukkot -Feast of Tabernacles, Time of our joy
2 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEETHOVEN*****
Baptist Missionary Society, the first modern missionary society, formed 1792
Birthday of Mahatma Gandhi (India)
Feast of the Guardian Angels
Name your Car day
3 Child Health Day
World Habitat Day
4 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SMUDGIE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, busyknitter *****
Feast of Saint Rosalia, patroness of Palermo
Feast of St. Francis of Assisi,Patron saint of animals, ecology, Italy, tapestry makers, invoked against fires, and for peace and reconciliation in families
Blessing of the Animals Day
National Toot Your Flute Day
Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence
World Smile Day :-)
DO SOMETHING NICE Day
5 Monty Python's Flying Circus debuted today in 1969
World Teachers Day
Improve your Office day
6 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY !
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AGS *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOUSETHIEF *****
Feast of St. Thomas
World Hospice and Palliative Care Day
Feast of William Tyndale, Translator of the Bible, Martyr, 1536
6-14 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque, New Mexico
German-American Day
7 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUBBS *****
Feast of Nuestra Senora del Rosario, patroness of Santa Fe, maker of miracles
Commemoration of Denys, Bishop of Paris, and companions, c250
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADELAIDE *****
Feast of St. Paulinus, first bishop of York
Birth of Jacob Aminius, Dutch theologian
8 Native Americans Day
Columbus Day
Canadian Thanksgiving Day
Family and Community Day, Australian Capital Territory
9 Pastor/Clergy Appreciation Day
Feast of Saint Maria Turibia and Isidro Labrador, patron of married people
Simchat Torah- Day of Celebrating the Torah
10 Bring Your Teddybear to Work Day
Stop Bullying Day
11-13 Great American Beer Festival
12 International Moment of Frustration Day
14 Feast of the Triumph of the Holy Cross
Bald and Be Free Day!
Alternative Fuel Day
14-20 Freedom from bullies week
15 Saint Teresa de Avila, patroness of Spain, invoked against headaches and heart disease.
Sweetest Day (US)
15-21 Fall Astronomy Week
16 Boss’s Day
National Sunday School Teachers Appreciation Day
Dictionary Day
17 International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
18 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANN *****
Get smart about your credit day
Feast of Luke the Evangelist, patron of artist, doctors, butchers, glass workers, goldsmiths, lace makers and notaries.
19 THE SACRED FEAST OF ST. SCEPTICUS
Henry Martyn, translator and missionary
National Evaluate Your Life Day
20 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHURCHGEEK *****
Information Overload Day
Fall Astronomy Day
21 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELOISE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THE ROGUE *****
Feast of Saint Ursula, patroness of orphans, schoolgirls, tailors, teachers and universities, invoked against plague
Celebration of the Mind Day
Labour Day, New Zealand
23***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KINGSFOLD *****
Feast Day of Padre Pio, patron of healing
Commemoration of James of Jerusalem, Brother of Our Lord
24 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DORMOUSE *****
United Nations Day
Feast of Archangel Raphael, patron of druggists, happy meetings, health inspectors, lovers, travelers and young people leaving home, invoked against blindness
25 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QUEEN MOUSIE *****
WORLD PASTA DAY!
Make A Difference Day
National Cartoonists Against Crime Day
Feast of 40 Martyrs of England and Wales, martyr
26 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNA B *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HENNAH *****
Feast of the 40 Catholic martyrs of England and Wales 1535-1674
Festival of Alfred the Great
Feast of Chad and Cedd
27 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOYEUX *****
Punky Day, Hinton St George, Somerset
National Cranky Co-workers Day
Navy Day
28 Feast of Jude, patron of the most impossible, hopeless desperate cases.
Mothers-In-Law day (because I am one!)
29 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHORISTER *****
James Hannington, Bishop and Martyr
Visit a Cemetery Day
30 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JB, (beloved of Motherboard) *****
Create a Great Funeral Day
Haunted Refrigerator Day ???
Devils Night or Mischief Night
Beggar’s Night
National Candy Corn Day
National Caramel Apple Day (same link as above)
October Plenty Festival, Southwark, London [This is a different date each year. If you want to take part, check before turning up to avoid disappointment! Spike]
31 ALL HALLOWS EVE
Samhain
The Eve of ALL SAINTS DAY
Girl Scout’s Founder’s Day
National UNICEF Day
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUCHESS ***** Commemoration of Martin Luther (1546) who nailed his 95 theses to the door of Wittenberg Castle Church this day, 1517

[Removed a wedding anniversary. We don't do them any more, remember? -Spike]
[fixed a bunch of raw links... because I can. -Campbellite]

[ 03. October 2012, 01:44: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

MOUSETHIEF, dear Orthodox brother, Belated birthday wishes.Hope it was a wonderful day.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

CHURCHGEEK, it is your big day tomorrow! [Yipee]
Celebrate your heart out! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Among several others elevated to Sainthood status today is Kateri Tekakwitha, the very first aboriginal North American to be so honored.

A fellow who sings for me (in PA) is a member of the Mohawk Nation; his mother sent him a beautiful medal in celebration of Kateri's Big Day.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

November is Diabetes, American Indian Heritage, Epilepsy Awareness, Gluten Free diet, Lung Cancer awareness, AIDS awareness, Alzheimers Disease, Family Caregivers, Home and Hospice Care, Marrow Awareness, Novel Writing, Peanut Butter lovers, Pomegranate, Healthy Lifestyles, Spinach, Squash, Pecan and Sweet Potato, Vegan, Native American Heritage, “NoSHAVEember” (US)or Movember/Moutache Month (AUS)

1 Feast of All Saints. honoring and remembrance of all the saints, known and unknown
Give up your “Shoulds” Day
Prime Meridian Day
National MEN MAKE DINNER Day
2 All Souls Day/Commemoration of the Faithful Departed. Commemoration of the souls faithfully departed.
Plan your Epitaph Day
Dia de los Muertos (Mexico)
2-4 Punkin Chunkin Days
3 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICODEMIA *****
Sadie Hawkins Day
Feast day of Saint Martin de Porres. Patron of hairdressers, health workers, people of mixed race
Commemoration of Richard Hooker
4 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLOUNDER *****
Daylight Savings Time ENDS in US and Canada (except Arizona and Hawaii) www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2012.html)
London to Brighton Veteran Car Run
First Pentecostal Holiness Church formed in Goldsboro, NC, 1898
Feast of Zachary and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist
Use your common sense day
Mischief Night (UK)
5 Guy Fawkes Night (UK)
Tar Barrel Day at Ottery Saint Mary (UK)
Lewes Bonfire Night
6 Election Day (U.S.)
Commemoration of St. Leonard
6-12 International Fraud Awareness week
Nurse Practitioner’s Week
7 Festival of Willibrord of York, Bishop, 739
Christianity abolished in France, 1793 ????
Tongue Twister Day
7-13 “Dear Santa” letter week
8 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOT *****
Festival of the Saints and Martyrs of England
Abet and Aid Punster's Day
National Parents as Teachers Day
Cook something Bold and Pungent Day
8-14 World Kindness Week
9-10 Kristallnacht Remembrance
10 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE MISS METHODIST *****
Lord Mayor’s Show and Fireworks Display
Marine Corps Day Semper Fi HooRah!
11 Veteran’s Day, (US)
Armistice Day, (UK) (2 minutes silence at 11AM)
Remembrance Day, (Canada)
Remembrance Sunday (UK)
St. Martin’s Day, (11th day of the 11th month, 11 minutes past 11:00)
12 Veteran’s Day (observed)
World Orphans Day
13 Commemoration of Saint Diego, Patron of Cooks.
Birth of Augustine of Hippo, 354
Feast of Charles Simeon, Priest, Evangelical divine
13-19 American Education Week
National Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week
14 The Feast of St. Dyfrig
World Diabetes Day
International Girls Day
National Teddy Bear Day
Prince of Wales birthday
15 World Remembrance Day for Road Traffic Victims
Guiness World Record Day
Use Less Stuff Day
16 Feast of St. Margaret of Scotland
Commemoration of Saint Gertrude, Patroness of the West Indies.
International Day for Tolerance
17 Feast of St. Hugh, bishop of Lincoln
Great American Smokeout
Coping with Uncertainty Day
Homemade Bread Day
National Adoption Day
18 Feast of Elizabeth of Hungary
Mickey Mouse Day
18-24 National Bible Week
National Family Week
19 Feast of Saint Hilda, Abbess of Whitby
Have a "Bad Day" Day
20 La Fiesta de Cristo Rey. Last Sunday before Advent National Peanut Butter Day
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
21 Feast of St. Cecilia, virgin, martyr and Patroness of Music
Presentation of the Theotokos to the Temple (Orthodox)
ALASCATTALO (about Alaska and Alaskan Humor) Day
22 Feast of Saint Cecilia. Patroness of Musicians, Composers, Mariachis. Thought to be inventor of the organ.
Thanksgiving Day (US)
National Wampanog Indian Day of Mourning
Turkey “Free” Thanksgiving
23 DR WHO Day
“SINKIE DAY” (called because we eat over the sink all the Thanksgiving leftovers)
BLACK FRIDAY / BUY NOTHING DAY!
Fibonacci Day
Native American Heritage Day
24 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLY ALVES *****
Celebrate your unique talent day
25 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTH W*****
Stir Up Sunday (prepare your Christmas Pudding) National Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women Day
27 ****** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COMET *****
28 CYBER MONDAY
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting
29 Electronic Greetings Day
International day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
30 Feast of St Andrew, Patron saint of Scotland, fishermen, sailors, and spinsters, invoked against gout, and neck problems

[Removed anniversary of death of a departed shipmate. We don't do that any more as there is a specially dedicated board for that. Removed birthday of a shipmate who hasn't been seen around here for years.]

[ 29. October 2012, 12:06: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016