homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » leo (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: leo
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
However, you rarely seem to write anything yourself which expresses your own opinions.

Of all the things that I might've written about Chesterbelloc myself, this definitely would not have been one of them!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leo, it is not the length or brevity of the post, it is the fact that you engage as if you are teaching a student, not discussing with a friend, colleague, or equal. You have pretty much admitted that is your mindset above.

Can you not see that the teacher-student dynamic is going to rub many of us (myself included) up the wrong way?

That may be my lack of humility, that I suppose myself to be your equal rather than your student, but I expect it is a common feeling. I'm going to interact with someone on this board I need them to not treat me as they would when correcting one of their students.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Chesterbelloc is a wind up merchant who, to my knowledge, never posts anything in detail but merely criticises others. He seems most secure in his conservative beliefs and doesn't want to engage in anything that gives him cognitive dissonance.

Every post I've read from Chesterbelloc with people who are interested in discussion, not text citations, has been informative and he has been patient with those who have earnest questions. He most definitely is NOT a windup merchant. However, I think you are blind as to how you come off to people.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This bulletin board doesn't like detailed quotes but then again it criticeses short posts too.

Length is irrelevant. What people expect (at least in Purg) is a contribution that states, explains and justifies a case largely in the poster's own words. It's OK to say: "As I understand it, X argues that.... and I agree with this because..." but it is not acceptable to quote great chunks of X (with no real attempt to say why you think what X is saying is so true/significant/important) nor to just say "go read X because I can't actually be bothered to explain the point to you."

To behave in this way leads people to think that you are either extremely arrogant or else that you are spewing up other people's half-digested ideas because your own intellectual limitations prevent you from serving up a proper contribution of your own. Or both. And that is why you are getting so much flak from people across the political and theological spectrum. I would like to think you capable of better.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This bulletin board doesn't like detailed quotes but then again it criticeses short posts too.

This bulletin board, or to be accurate the hosts and admins, doesn't like jerks. You're way smarter than me, haven't you worked that out?
quote:

Chesterbelloc is a wind up merchant who, to my knowledge, never posts anything in detail but merely criticises others. He seems most secure in his conservative beliefs and doesn't want to engage in anything that gives him cognitive dissonance.

You're expressing a fair bit of cognitive dissonance yourself there. Don't you want to be made aware of your own shortcomings?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As eny fule kno, I am not one of leo's fans. Nor can I entirely avoid glancing at the car-crash of his participation on any given thread.

However I've noticed of late that he's been posting more and more, and also somewhat more wildly. His spelling and grammar are worse than usual. His style is almost a parody of its former self (if such a thing can be).

Two possibilities come to mind:

1. A former poster on these boards has murdered the real leo and stolen his SoF identity. The real leo moulders under some crazy paving and a wishing well in the suburbs of Bristol. His landlord has not yet noticed his absence, and his colleagues at church are hoping that if they don't mention that he's gone, he will somehow, magically, stay away forever.

2. Leo is getting old. In real life.

[Votive]

[ 08. September 2012, 20:36: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
As eny fule kno, I am not one of leo's fans. Nor can I entirely avoid glancing at the car-crash of his participation on any given thread.

However I've noticed of late that he's been posting more and more, and also somewhat more wildly. His spelling and grammar are worse than usual. His style is almost a parody of its former self (if such a thing can be).

Two possibilities come to mind:

1. A former poster on these boards has murdered the real leo and stolen his SoF identity. The real leo moulders under some crazy paving and a wishing well in the suburbs of Bristol. His landlord has not yet noticed his absence, and his colleagues at church are hoping that if they don't mention that he's gone, he will somehow, magically, stay away forever.

2. Leo is getting old. In real life.

[Votive]

Being ageist = being a jerk, IMO. Fuck you so very much.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, without getting inappropriately personal I can't imagine anyone less likely to be "ageist" then Amos.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, Amos' suggestion that leo is either dead or getting old is not ageist, HOW???

--------------------

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm getting fucking old. A saleswoman asked me for my phone number this afternoon and I couldn't remember it. But then it's a new number. I've only had it six years.

As Shakespeare pointed out getting old is a process of decay and failure. It just is.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Loquacious beachcomber:
So, Amos' suggestion that leo is either dead or getting old is not ageist, HOW???

There, there, old boy. Don't get your Depends ™ all twisted.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
quote:
However, you rarely seem to write anything yourself which expresses your own opinions.

Of all the things that I might've written about Chesterbelloc myself, this definitely would not have been one of them!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
To behave in this way leads people to think that you are either extremely arrogant or else that you are spewing up other people's half-digested ideas because your own intellectual limitations prevent you from serving up a proper contribution of your own. Or both.

The very nub of my nark.

--------------------

Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

quote:
Leo is getting old. In real life.
[Votive]

Amos, haven't we had this discussion before, only for leo to intervene to tell us he was only 61? I'm as sympathetic as the next papist to the plight of senility - I fully expect to go that way myself (you'll know when I start triple-posting) - but...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
To behave in this way leads people to think that you are either extremely arrogant or else that you are spewing up other people's half-digested ideas because your own intellectual limitations prevent you from serving up a proper contribution of your own. Or both.

Spewing them half-digested, or just copying and pasting them without attribution. I'm beginning to think leo has never had an original thought in his life.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chesterbelloc--Early onset Alzheimers? Vascular dementia?

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

Sorry to double-post, but, as we're in Hell, I'll just say that leo is beginning to sound not merely irritating but irritating and pitiably gaga. Kind of like Loquacious Beachcomber.

And, yes, as Sine has said, change and decay in all around I see.

[ 08. September 2012, 22:29: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by Loquacious beachcomber:

There, there, old boy. Don't get your Depends ™ all twisted.
If Amos had written: 2. leo must big a big-breated blonde IRL, that would be obvious sexism; replace that with leo is getting old IRL and you have ageism. Add PeteC's comment to it and it is doubly ageism.
Suggesting that older shipmates' comments are never ageism is like stating no woman has ever made sexist comments about blonde bimbos.

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the up side Jeremiah, given the consistency of our posts over the years, they will never know when we dement more.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
....irritating and pitiably gaga. Kind of like Loquacious Beachcomber.

Yes, but in his case, we can probably blame the Drambuie - or was it Cointreau?

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

quote:
Chesterbelloc--Early onset Alzheimers? Vascular dementia?

Yup, defintely posible, Amos - I grant you that. If that is what's happening, I'm sympathetic. But why jump to those conclusions?

He's only 61, is very active on the boards and is (by his own account) a very busy Lay Reader and spiritual director (which I admit disturbs me greatly); people who have met him IRL have not indicated that they suspect such (not that they necessarily would even if they did, of course).

If anyone actually knows he's ill, I'm open to PMs to that effect and would certainly lay off in future without disclosing anything I've been told in confidence. But he reminds me of people I've known IRL for whom there was no such excuse. He doesn't strike me as ill, but just as a pompous jerk with "a little learning." God have mercy if I'm wrong.

If he would just stop misrepresenting Catholic teaching, that would almost certainly take him off my radar - but he will keep dragging its mutilated limbs in to make him look more learned or savvy. Catholic teaching is maligned too much by fellow Catholics for me to remain sanguine about snobbish non-Catholics chucking badly-chewed gobbets of it at others to point-score.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterbelloc:
quote:
To behave in this way ...

The very nub of my nark.
<Gives Chesterbelloc an old-fashioned look> I'll have you know that I have never nubbed anyone's nark in a public forum, and I certainly don't intend to start now.

--------------------

Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

My nub remaineth unnarked, and there is no health in me.

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I interrupt this banter to report that the passive-aggressive butthurt Styx thread has hove into view.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

No, the H&A's don't care about detailed quotes, so long as you don't put the Ship in danger of getting sued for copyright infringement. We also don't like it when people plagiarize—and get really cranky when they try stratagems to dodge it that would be beyond shameful if a 16-year-old tried them. Nobody likes it when others quote at length, then summarize what was said, then act like they said something profound. In publishing, we have a word for manuscripts and authors who do that: declined.

So, somewhere between ripping off the entirety of what others wrote and not actually saying anything is where the happy medium can be found. I'd point out people who do that, but, really, I'd end up leaving someone out—why don't you just check the bottom of the page, where recent visitors are listed, for a generally good idea of people who don't seem to have the problem that so vexes you?

And Beachbum, stop shitting on yet another thread. You do it enough in Heaven and the Circus, don't make Pete have to clean up after your messes now as well.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
We also don't like it when people plagiarize—and get really cranky when they try stratagems to dodge it that would be beyond shameful if a 16-year-old tried them. Nobody likes it when others quote at length, then summarize what was said, then act like they said something profound. In publishing, we have a word for manuscripts and authors who do that: declined.

This. And so as not to taint the Styx thread, let me just say here that, if I were called upon to offer an explanation for the perceived change in leo's post-style Amos described thus:
quote:
if it's possible to say on a Hell thread that someone is now posting as if a ten year old got into their account, then it should not be impossible to suggest, quite seriously, that the last 1,000 or so of someone's 17,000 posts are uncharacteristic and suggest an age-related health problem
I would suggest alternatively that it's at least partly because he was forced to stop passing off big articulate chunks of other people's writing as his own. It was the style of those posts in which he sounded really coherent and articulate that alerted me to the possibility that they weren't his in the first place.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Go on then, leo - turn it round so it's all about me. See if that works out for you.

19 of your previous 50 posts are either about me or addressed to me.

Seems like some unhealthy obsession.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Go on then, leo - turn it round so it's all about me. See if that works out for you.

leo, some of Chesterbelloc's posts about you are in response to a pretty nasty post of yours about him. You really should ask yourself why anyone should be driven to post so much about you.

I'll tell you this for free, it's not in admiration.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If helping someone by suggesting books is pompous, then all the people who ever attempted top teach me in school and uni were pompous.

You are not my teacher, nor Chesterbelloc's. Neither of us requires instruction from the likes of you.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That quote seems to me Freudian. Leo has stated what many have accused him of previously and he has ignored - that when he responds here he thinks of himself lecturing or teaching students.

I'd really hope he has the capacity to reflect on that.

--------------------

Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

quote:
quote:

Man, this Hell-call (you know - the one with your name on it) is 9 pages long. I didn't chip in till yesterday at the arse-end of page 8.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just because leo claims he can read doesn't necessarily mean he can comprehend.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Half your problems on here seem to be caused by a difficulty in summarizing in any kind of depth the ideas that have informed your thinking. Maybe this is a skill you find difficult, but if you don't develop it, you are not going to be able to properly engage with people on this board.

I agree. It's a skill I find very difficult and I struggle to engage properly with discussions in Purg. It doesn't stop me posting my opinions and questions there occasionally, but folk just scroll on past - and I don't blame them at all.

But this is not Leo's problem. If it were, folk would treat him as they do me - a small annoying fly which can be ignored, not as a huge buzzy leo sized mosquito which requires lots of deet, nets and swats.

Leo's problem, as defined above by many shipmates, is that he pretends to have academic and intellectual prowess when he doesn't.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Leo's problem, as defined above by many shipmates, is that he pretends to have academic and intellectual prowess when he doesn't.

"Delusions of adequacy" as my brother describes it.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Man, this Hell-call (you know - the one with your name on it) is 9 pages long. I didn't chip in till yesterday at the arse-end of page 8.

You showed remarkable restraint. Is it lent or something?

Nevertheless, you are obsessed with leo.

I recommend running or fishing or some other pastime more pleasing to the Lord.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:

Little-known motets: Our God is a jogging angler
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

I can see why the hymn writer stuck with, "Our God is a great big God ..." as that doesn't scan too well. [Biased]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:
or fishing

How ironic.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
quote:
or fishing

How ironic.
Quite.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

quote:
Nevertheless, you are obsessed with leo. I recommend running or fishing or some other pastime more pleasing to the Lord.

Leaving aside the colossal irony of my being coached by you in spiritually constructive posting, I think you'd find my "obsession" with leo (along with that of several others) would evaporate like the very dew if he would just stop being such a prolificly mendacious jerk - and even once own up to or apologise for a single instance of his postardry.

For example, he has never once to my knowledge admitted to or apologised for a single instance of his multiply-proven plagiarism - despite his having been suspended for it. That kind of thing, superadded to his overweeningly pompous, fake-learned and smoke-screening habits, is apt to irk after a while. After six years it can even begin to grate a bit.

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... [leo's] postardry ...

Yes, it's quite pukesome.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

[Killing me]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems to be akin to the Fonzie Factor. As all of a certain age will know, Arthur Fonzarelli was incapable of saying he was wrong - physically unable to do it, as it would threaten his self-image of always being right. Saying sorry would bring down the house of cards.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
That kind of thing, superadded to his overweeningly pompous, fake-learned and smoke-screening habits, is apt to irk after a while. After six years it can even begin to grate a bit.

Scroll on past boy, scroll on past - preserve your sanity.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It'd be nice if he answered all the points of a post and not just the bits that involve him correcting someone. Eg I posted quite a detailed, er, post on the C S Lewis thread. The only response I got from him was a correction to my calling the SPCK-published lectionary the RCL (which was a fairly minor sub-point). He totally ignored the other points I made.

Now, they may have been rubbish; but some kind of engagement with them and not just the "Oooh I can correct him here" response would've been nice...

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stejjie:
Now, they may have been rubbish; but some kind of engagement with them and not just the "Oooh I can correct him here" response would've been nice...

Would be nice.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Stejjie:

Would be nice.
leo must have cornered the market on red pencils when he was "working" Too bad his spelling and grammar are so shit, innit?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016