homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Evensong, the fount of all knowledge (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Evensong, the fount of all knowledge
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are some interesting combinations here: women with big fannies don't like small dicks; men with small dicks like tight fannies; tight fannies like medium sized dicks; medium sized dicks just take what they can get. Everybody's happy.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I jumped straight to page 3 and THAT was the first post. Left me feeling strangely dirty. Context is everything.

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:
I jumped straight to page 3 and THAT was the first post. Left me feeling strangely dirty......

..... and as ever "challenged."

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Do you have a small dick?

I don't recall specifically saying you did not care about child abuse as much as I did.

I just disagreed with your method and I think small dick syndrome and projection took over from there.

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Then I recommend you offer suggestions on how best to help these children rather than just give those of us that see the serious evil in the problem such a hard time for our passion.

==========================

quote:
I don't recall specifically critiquing the child abuse survivor on her methods of survival at all.

Survivial methods are precisely that. They help survival. They have no right or wrong about them.

[Disappointed]
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog's supposed friend:

What goes on within the family is ‘normal’, normalising and minimizing is the only way to survive, especially as others may be aware and also ignore it.

Herein lies the problem

It is not normal. And is it really surviving?
<SNIP>
quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog [quoting my friend]:
For a child to be willing to disclose, they either need to be at breaking point, fully accept it isn’t normal and accept that the ‘backlash’ of telling won’t necessarily make life any easier.

Mmmnnn.....that doesn't sound like the viewpoint of a child. That sounds like an older person speaking.

As to accepting "it is not normal": however painful that might be at the time, it may be the less painful option in the long run.

Evensong, please show me where either Curiosity or I suggested we should normalise sexual abuse? I think you might struggle with that one.

What we've been trying to say is that the demonisation of abusers and simplistic horrified self-righteous indignation is counter-productive. Mainly because it is.

However, if insulting me makes you feel better then please feel free to carry on.
[brick wall]

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog:
quote:
Originally posted by Loquacious beachcomber:
Of course, I realize that the Hell thread does not exist solely to entertain and amuse Shipmates, but...

Loquacious, I enjoy a good popcorn-eating Hell thread as much as the next alien and whilst Evensong has displayed pseudo-Troll* behaviour, I feel your comments are inappropriate.

The topic under debate here is extremely sensitive and...
VARIOUS SELF-RIGHTEOUS BLATHER

So, I'm sorry for the lack of entertainment but I think you're on the wrong thread for that.

AFZ

Ummmm - maybe there is another reason why I find Evensong's Hell calls in general and this one in particular to be tedious, annoying, and almost completely pointless.

[ 01. November 2012, 18:10: Message edited by: Loquacious beachcomber ]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Loquacious beachcomber, Hell threads are not here to entertain you. In fact, Sioni Sais as the newest Hell host is asking Purgatorial discussion gets taken to Purgatory. If you really want your own Hell thread, I'm sure someone will oblige.

And Evensong obviously hadn't got an argument back here. She's just attention seeking. So long as it's all about her ...

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Loquacious beachcomber, In fact, Sioni Sais as the newest Hell host is asking Purgatorial discussion gets taken to Purgatory.

Not one thing I said above had anything to do with Purgatory discussions, so I am certain Sioni wasn't talking to me - okay?

--------------------

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Your attention please:

i) While I might not be talking to anyone in particular, I have to read everything you post. Pass the Optrex.

ii) Hell only needs a certain amount of hosting. Support welcome, but do let the Hosts do it.

I'm off for a smoke and a rubdown now.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
claret10

Ship's Paranoid Android
# 16341

- Posted      Profile for claret10   Email claret10   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
However, if insulting me makes you feel better then please feel free to carry on.
[brick wall]

AFZ

Feeling a bit crap today so...

You are a smelly green alien with stupid antenae. Your brain is too big for your head

quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog: 2) Now have a fantastic image of you with a bowler hat and a pitch-fork combination. (Kind of an English demon...)
As an english person i take huge offence at your arogant assumption that we all where bowler hats. How dare you be so presumtious and ignorant.

Mmmmmm [Smile] now i feel so much better [Razz]

--------------------
Just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does

Posts: 137 | From: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
claret10

Ship's Paranoid Android
# 16341

- Posted      Profile for claret10   Email claret10   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by claret10:
quote:
[brick wall]

AFZ

Feeling a bit crap today so...

You are a smelly green alien with stupid antenae. Your brain is too big for your head. It must look very strange beside your small dick.

quote:
Originally posted by alienfromzog: 2) Now have a fantastic image of you with a bowler hat and a pitch-fork combination. (Kind of an English demon...)
As an english person i take huge offence at your arogant assumption that we all where bowler hats. How dare you be so presumtious and ignorant.

Mmmmmm [Smile] now i feel so much better [Razz]

--------------------
Just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does

Posts: 137 | From: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

On reflection, I also have my "hot button" issues; gun control being at the top of the list.
To those on the thread whom I have offended by failing to recognize that they, too, have hot button issues, I sincerely apologize.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Ummmm - maybe there is another reason why I find Evensong's Hell calls in general and this one in particular to be tedious, annoying, and almost completely pointless.

Have you considered not clicking on them, or leaving them as soon as you find them tedious?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, really, there's no law saying you can't hang out on a thread that bores you.

There's no law saying you can't bite the inside of your cheek over and over again, either, but some people do that, too.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
On reflection, I also have my "hot button" issues; gun control being at the top of the list.
To those on the thread whom I have offended by failing to recognize that they, too, have hot button issues, I sincerely apologize.

Thanks for that.

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And thank you from me too.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And from me too.
Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:

Have you considered not clicking on them, or leaving them as soon as you find them tedious?

Moo

I did better than that on this one, Moo; I got Curiosity Killed... alienfromzog and Evensong to agree on something, perhaps thereby allowing the thread to be closed!
[Yipee]

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been offline for best part of a week and I realise this hell call has moved on somewhat.

Nevertheless I have been pondering it and still felt inclined to tell Evensong she is talking out of her arse.

Evensong – the demonising of or hysteria (whatever you want to call it) about perpetrators of abuse is counter productive because:-

a) Demonising makes the abuser appear as ‘other’ and not ‘normal.’ Most abuse happens within families, who can fail to see that their ‘normal’ father/brother/uncle/insert relative of choice and not necessarily male, can possibly be an abuser because s/he is so ‘normal.’ Which may actually then create an environment where abuse can flourish.

b) Families are complicated organisms, which have complicated relationships, and the family will have complicated feelings about what is going on and about both the victim and abuser. Feelings they can have difficulty dealing with and coming to terms with, they won’t be able to reconcile their loved relative, with the idea of the abuser they will have internalised from the press, and may well not see what he does as the same as what they see in the press.

This sort of things you are talking about made it harder for me not easier, when I disclosed to my family that I had been abused by a relative. The wider family did actually believe me but instead of looking to help me, they were instantly looking to protect him from the sort of hysteria and demonization that we have seen in the press. Their concern was that he would be ‘picked up by the police, every time there was a sex crime,’ and it must be kept quiet so that HE did not suffer from the sort of pack mentality situations that we have seen in the press.

People need to hear and understand that abusers are normal looking people, who live apparently normal lives, doing normal things. The probably won’t look weird but will be indistinguishable from any body else.

If you really want to help victims go and talk to them and do some SERIOUS research – don’t just jump in with what appears from here to be from your own reactions to what happens.

Don’t bother coming back to quote some seminars you have been to, you obviously haven’t done enough research, as you are showing yourself up as knowing jack shit about it.

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zacchaeus: I have no words. [Votive]
Evensong: please get it, now.

ETF: spelling

[ 03. November 2012, 01:31: Message edited by: Dark Knight ]

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zacchaeus. I believe responding to your very personal post in this forum would be wholly inappropriate so I'm not going to.

I will just say that I'm glad to hear your family believed you.

[Votive]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cop out evensong.

I have never been able to decide whether you are a troll, one of those people who are book clever but people stupid, just like the sound of your own voice, or are so inflexible in thinking you can’t take in new ideas.

Whichever way, it doesn’t matter because you are trouble maker, and I am going to return to my usual policy of ignoring you because you talk a lot of bollocks.

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

Thanks dark knight - I am ok, now, I am a surviver.

At the risk of being unhellish, I worry that attitudes like evensongs, lead to people seeing abusers as 'some wierdo that is out there somewhere'.

Then they keep their kids locked up inside to keep them 'safe' when reality they may be locking their kids up with their abusers...
[Mad]

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:

Whichever way, it doesn’t matter because you are trouble maker, and I am going to return to my usual policy of ignoring you because you talk a lot of bollocks.

* Silently thanks the lord for small mercies... *

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

At the risk of being unhellish, I worry that attitudes like evensongs, lead to people seeing abusers as 'some wierdo that is out there somewhere'.

Then they keep their kids locked up inside to keep them 'safe' when reality they may be locking their kids up with their abusers...
[Mad]

That's what this thread was about, although it quickly wandered off into other areas.

Listening to pop songs of the 60s and 70s, so many of them sang about 'little girl' as the endearment of choice.

This bothers me since the Jimmy Saville horrors.

But (I hope) I'm just over-thinking it.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

[Mad]

That's what this thread was about, although it quickly wandered off into other areas.

Listening to pop songs of the 60s and 70s, so many of them sang about 'little girl' as the endearment of choice.

This bothers me since the Jimmy Saville horrors.

But (I hope) I'm just over-thinking it.

Not in all cases. One song referred to upthread from that era was quite explicit: Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. Not only do the lyrics describe the girl in question as "just a baby in disguise", but it puts the responsibility on the girl for whatever happens 'cause he just can't resist if she hangs around.

Corrected code.

[ 03. November 2012, 12:19: Message edited by: Niteowl ]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Zacchaeus. I believe responding to your very personal post in this forum would be wholly inappropriate so I'm not going to.

I will just say that I'm glad to hear your family believed you.

[Votive]

But you did read the bit where Zacchaeus said his/her family believed him/her but didn't help him? Because they were too busy trying to protect the abuser from an hysterial reaction? That would seem to be the crucial part of that paragraph.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

It's all about you. Empathy of a wolverine.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
quote:

Come off it mousethief - she'd just exposed her human side:
quote:
and we were all completely convinced by it. There was no way she'd realised that she'd fallen to the wrong side of that line on which she likes to teeter, no sign at all. I mean, she hasn't even mentioned vaccination yet.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

[Big Grin]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Empathy of a wolverine.

lay off the wolverines. I know wolverines, wolverines are my friends. Evensong is no wolverine.

please. she's barely a weasel.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Weasels are my friends. They eat mice. They eat rats. They eat tree rats (squirrels). They do a general clean-up of varmits. Then they move on.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
Weasels are my friends. They eat mice. They eat rats. They eat tree rats (squirrels). They do a general clean-up of varmits. Then they move on.

Yeah, that last sentence is crucial, though.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
quote:
quote:

He lays into me. I return the favor and I'm unempathetic?

You got a logic problem there.

Unless of course you believe Zacchaues should be immune from nasty responses when he dishes them out (for some odd reason) ?

Fuck that shit.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Empathy of a wolverine.

lay off the wolverines. I know wolverines, wolverines are my friends. Evensong is no wolverine.

she would need three promotions to make it too weasel.

FLy Safe, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Empathy of a wolverine.

she would need three promotions to make it too weasel.

FLy Safe, Pyx_e

As Resident Weasel [according to Her Smudgiekins] I'm not sure if I should be grateful or offended at that exchange.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl:
...but it puts the responsibility on the girl for whatever happens 'cause he just can't resist if she hangs around.

This brings in the broader issue about male sexuality and the inability of a fair proportion of men [but not all] to think with anything other than their dick - it is ALWAYS the fault of the victim, they obviously acted so provocatively.

The other approach is that of the disconnected penis - it was the dick that did it! Again the man is not responsible.

It is pure bollocks, of course, but it is not confined to just men that abuse.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Wicked Willie (possibly not work safe, although there's a front page) is a cartoon that riffs on the brains in the penis idea.

--------------------

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You got a logic problem there.

Unless of course you believe Zacchaues should be immune from nasty responses when he dishes them out (for some odd reason) ?

Fuck that shit.

For the love of Christ, Evensong, have you never heard of empathy or compassion? Z has been through hell. You're an alleged follower of Christ, to the point that you've actually been to college about it, or something.

Was it completely beyond you to just say something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry' and leave it at that??

I never knew that apologising was so fucking difficult. You make my ex-husband look sensitive, and that's crazy shit.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This thread isn't working. Time to leave it I think.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Define working.

Working as in changing Evensong's mind? Who knows. She's not going to admit being wrong, that's not part of her Ship's persona*

Working as in allowing those Shipmates who want to make clear they don't share her views? Maybe acting as a safety valve for others.

Working as in signalling to other Shipmates that Evensong is found irritating and self-obsessed by others on the Ship?

Working as in providing a thread that really is all about Evensong so she doesn't feel the need to take over yet another Hell thread? Acting as containment?

* optimistic I know - but there's always the hope that her Ship postings reflect a deliberately provocative persona

--------------------

passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
Was it completely beyond you to just say something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry' and leave it at that??

It is, it was, and it probably always will be.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Define working.

Having the desired affect.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

He laid into you BECAUSE you're unempathetic, you amnesiac mouth-breathing weasel.

quote:
Originally posted by daronmedway:
quote:
Define working.

What would you say the desired effect was, out of curiosity?

[ 04. November 2012, 16:42: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

quote:
quote:
quote:
Define working.

What would you say the desired effect was, out of curiosity?
It reminds me of this party political poster from the late 70s. It's not working on so many levels.
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

Well as I accept, that evensong will never admit, that view other than her own might be valid, the desired effect for me is that others might see she really doesn’t know what she is talking about.

However I don’t know how we can ever judge whether my desired effect has worked or not..

What is your desired effect then DM?

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]What would you say the desired effect was, out of curiosity?

It reminds me of this party political poster from the late 70s. It's not working on so many levels.
It seemed a fairly simple question. Is your evasion due to the fact that that you don't know, or you won't say?

--------------------

daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

quote:
Well as I accept, that evensong will never admit, that view other than her own might be valid, the desired effect for me is that others might see she really doesn’t know what she is talking about.

However I don’t know how we can ever judge whether my desired effect has worked or not..

What is your desired effect then DM?

When I said "desired affect" I meant that the thread is not affecting Evensong (i.e. influencing behavioural change) positively. It isn't working. It is an ineffective thread. The rule is 'e’ for result and cause, and ‘a’ for influence and response.

[ 04. November 2012, 17:09: Message edited by: daronmedway ]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

No. "Affect" as a noun means "emotion."

--------------------

daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

quote:
No. "Affect" as a noun means "emotion."

Hmm. Perhaps. Anyway. My point is that the thread isn't making Evensong change.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very few Hell calls do. And Evensong has already had her share and then some.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016