homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Halloween (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Halloween
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here we are at this special time of year again. Are you marking it in any way? Do you have any special traditions of your own?

For me, Halloween isn't really Halloween without brack - the Irish fruit bread that should, by tradition, contain a ring hidden in it somewhere (though these days it's really hard to find one that does). There used to be a sixpence in it as well, and depending on what you got in your piece you'd know your fortune for the year ahead.

Apples games used to be popular as well - anyone still play them?

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We went to four parties this weekend. It gets a little ridiculous.

We are handing out candy to kids in our new neighborhood tonight. We think it is an important thing to do. There was a kidnapping / murder of a young girl in this city a few weeks ago, and people are still on edge. We want our neighbors, and especially our neighborhood kids, to know that our house is friendly and safe.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
We went to four parties this weekend.

We went to a wedding this weekend, if that counts as celebrating the macabre.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not a single trick or treater in sight tonight.

Methinks the over the pond folks are way OTT

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I PLAN TO GET TOGETHER WITH AZATHOTH AND YIG AND OVERTURN A COUPLE CONTINENTS IN FIRE AND ICE.

--------------------
I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL. Nothing personal.

Posts: 78 | From: R'lyeh | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:

To me, introducing yourself to the neighborhood kids, giving them candy, and letting them know that you are a good neighbor is a really cool holiday custom.

My neighborhood gets more affluent a few blocks south of where we live, and the people there complain about people trucking their kids in from other neighborhoods to trick or treat. That seems over the top, I admit. But I love that we have a holiday that celebrates both the creepy and neighborliness.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just got our first two trick-or-treaters here. Not expecting many due to the ravages of the hurricane. [Frown]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
I PLAN TO GET TOGETHER WITH AZATHOTH AND YIG AND OVERTURN A COUPLE CONTINENTS IN FIRE AND ICE.

So would a couple of bite-sized chocolate bars influence you at all?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have had no visitors. But to walk along the unlit lane, and up the drive to the house, in the dark, with the trees all around, would take a brave little person.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

And that, Cthulhu, could explain the poor turn-out of trick or treaters tonight. It has just gone 9pm and we have had just two pairs of visitors scabbing for treats.

btw, elder daughter and ex-d-i-l (yes!) have gone to a fairly smart Halloween party, so I hope said fire'n'ice don't ruin that. You'll have them to answer to.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last weekend was a couple of parties (one planned, one a surprise) for a friend's 50th birthday. The coming weekend, I'm out with friends for no particular reason. Tonight, therefore, I'm home alone, in a dark house, and currently listening to an old recording of Christopher Lee reading M.R.James's story A Warning to the Curious.

(I did think of watching the movie The Innocents, but there are limits to what one should do when home alone at night.)

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite a few little kiddies (complete with ghastly attire and accompanied by Mums) around our parish this evening - some older kids even popped into Church (for a few moments) during Mass...........

Lord Cthulhu, would you mind not taking out Europe with FIRE AND ICE until after the beginning of Advent? I do so love the Advent Sunday hymns and liturgy. Thank you, O Most Aweful One.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is YIG any relation of Yg?

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Posts: 889 | From: Surrey Heath (England) | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Sounds like a great way to spend an evening. Unfortunately, it's raining heavily here, so I don't think I'll be doing anything similar, but hope you enjoy yourself!
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

- Posted      Profile for Cthulhu   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Garasu:
Is YIG any relation of Yg?

YIG, I SAID.

--------------------

Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry. I find Yg so much more amenable...

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Posts: 889 | From: Surrey Heath (England) | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

CLEARLY YOU'VE NEVER HAD A DRINK WITH HIM.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
I'm home alone, in a dark house, and currently listening to an old recording of Christopher Lee reading M.R.James's story A Warning to the Curious.

I dare say we'll find your corpse - features rigid in an expression of unutterable horror - in the morning. Ciao.

[ 31. October 2012, 21:48: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have never taken any notice of it. I hate pumpkins, and as I said last year, I have three highlty trained attack dogs that would lick any little toerags to death if they came to our door.

Fortunately the door is in a house behind a church that is so bloody invisible that no-one knows it's here. Even the census people missed it. So the toerags did, too, so the dogs had to chew roos instead.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

someone feeling a little crabby? hmm?

Assuming Big C here doesn't rise from the Deep, I'm on my way shortly to my son's Halloween carnival where we'll do such classic things as bobbing for apples. After that, older son will arrive and I set them loose on the town to shake down everyone for loot while I visit various bonfires, chat with neighbors, and drink hot drinks. Then we'll pick up my daughter from work and go to a big party a friend of mine throws every year, complete with obscene amounts of food and another bonfire and readings from various books and stories and poems (Lovecraft, anyone?) and general mayhem. THEN! *whew!* we drop the boys off at home to go through their loot and do the trading game and go out to the bar for some dancing.

The bar part may be cut. I think I'll be exhausted.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am happy to report we're getting more kids than I expected. [Smile]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
I'm home alone, in a dark house, and currently listening to an old recording of Christopher Lee reading M.R.James's story A Warning to the Curious.

I dare say we'll find your corpse - features rigid in an expression of unutterable horror - in the morning. Ciao.
Now you mention it, as I sit here in my study with only a small desk lamp for illumination, I seem now and then to sense - only ever out of the corner of my eye - something more than shadow in the corner of the room. And I'm sure the scratching noise I hear now and then is merely the wind blowing some twigs against my window.

But ... the nearest tree is more than twenty feet away ....

--------------------

Cthulhu
PRAY TO BE EATEN FIRST
# 16186

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
...someone feeling a little crabby? hmm?

NOT PARTICULARLY, BUT YOU KNOW HOW BOY'S NIGHTS OUT GET.

--------------------

Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was so proud of the four Rudlets ages 3 to 7. They all chose to go as Star Wars characters. We had a tiny Storm Trooper, a Skywalker, a Kenobi and Boba Fett. Suusan went as Leia and I as Chewbacca.

The youngest was almost shaking with delight this afternoon in anticipation of "chick-or-cheating".

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
... Apples games used to be popular as well - anyone still play them?

I don't know about these days, but when I was a much younger piglet growing up in Orkney in the 1970s we used to "dook" (bob) for apples, either in a washing-up bowl or, once we were a bit bigger, in the bath.

Did anyone else ever jump for treacle pancakes (suspended from a string)?

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've done the treacle tattie scone on a string thing.

Last night, for the first year ever, I wasn't guising, or handing out sweets to guisers. I was on a Ghost Walk round Aberdeen; very interesting and enjoyable. Witches, body-snatchers, monks killed trying to protect relics, executions, poisoners - Aberdeen has a cheery history.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Now you mention it, as I sit here in my study with only a small desk lamp for illumination, I seem now and then to sense - only ever out of the corner of my eye - something more than shadow in the corner of the room. And I'm sure the scratching noise I hear now and then is merely the wind blowing some twigs against my window.

It's morning and no sign of Adeodatus...
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
quote:

It's morning and no sign of Adeodatus...
Reporting in. Well, either I am, or someone who's wearing my skin is.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
... Apples games used to be popular as well - anyone still play them?

I don't know about these days, but when I was a much younger piglet growing up in Orkney in the 1970s we used to "dook" (bob) for apples, either in a washing-up bowl or, once we were a bit bigger, in the bath.

We used to try to bite an apple suspended from a string.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last night I ran into someone with huge copy of "The Scream" with a hole for their face. If I get a mo tonight I'll post the photo...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Reporting in. Well, either I am, or someone who's wearing my skin is.

But we need to know which.
Come, good people! Let us throw him in the river; if he floats, he is an evil skinwalker. If he sinks, he was Adeodatus.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My little cyberman went off to a party on our estate. I excelled myself changing my eldest into a zombie with vivid make up and then walked 2 miles to drop him off for a sleepover, then 2 miles back. Consequently I missed nearly all the local trick or treaters and had to eat through the giant bag of haribo packets myself.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing here in north London either, which is pretty normal.

Actually we were in church last night for my daughter's wedding rehearsal - the happy day being on Saturday 3rd November [Yipee] - so Other Things have been occupying us all rather than pumpkins and trick-or-treats.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am old-fashioned, perhaps, in that i disapprove of it.

I shall be keeping All Saints and All Souls as Christian holy days.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Freddy
Shipmate
# 365

- Posted      Profile for Freddy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:

To me, introducing yourself to the neighborhood kids, giving them candy, and letting them know that you are a good neighbor is a really cool holiday custom.
Me too.

No one in our town had power last night, so we moved the holiday to Saturday. Pretty hard to have children walking up and down dark streets and going into dark houses. Should be fine by Saturday, and we can take advantage of post-Halloween candy sales.

Naturally everyone ate the candy they already had in the desparation of the storm.

We typically get a few hundred kids through our house on Halloween. It is very amusing and the children are amazingly polite and funny, even the teen-agers. They pat the dogs and cats and sometimes tell jokes. College students even come, collecting goods for charity.

The best thing, though, is that it is one of the few times that children are able to see what everyone's house looks like inside, even if there are no children their age in the home. I think this is good for community feeling and safety, as Og notes.

--------------------
"Consequently nothing is of greater importance to a person than knowing what the truth is." Swedenborg

Posts: 12845 | From: Bryn Athyn | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

I think I can claim most boring item on string. Anyone for dry Cream Crackers.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Carved a pumpkin, ate pumpkin pie, watched Mark Gatiss talk about European horror films (Tuesday last on BBC4 - excellent).

Very few trick or treaters out last night. Possibly the filthy weather or I suspect Halloween parties rather than roaming kids. The upshot is left over chocolate. Dagnamit [Biased]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had about 30 trick or treaters. Weather was better than last year, only about -10°C and no wind. We always carve a pumpkin. I made pumpkin pasta from it. It appears to me that adults have taken more interest in the dress up and parties, but being a weirdo already, I dress funny all the time, so no costume necessary.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The kids round here got wussy because there was rain. So it was very quiet and now I just have to eat up all the spare sweets.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
I am old-fashioned, perhaps, in that i disapprove of it.

I shall be keeping All Saints and All Souls as Christian holy days.

Matthew Hopkins, is that you?
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was dressed as a cardinal at work yesterday.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One batch of kids that all live on our street, a total of seven snack-size bags of pretzels given out.

The weather was a bit nippy, and the connection of our street to the rest of the neighborhood doesn't encourage trick-or-treaters. [Frown]

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
The kids round here got wussy because there was rain. So it was very quiet and now I just have to eat up all the spare sweets.

[Eek!] rain, knee- deep snow, tropical heat; nothing stopped us when we were children. One adapted ones costume and treat sack for the conditions. Kids these days. [Disappointed]
Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My community just doesn't do Halloween for which I am very grateful. I find it disturbing that parents allow young children to go begging at strangers' doors when there are recognised risks in allowing kids to do this.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
...someone feeling a little crabby? hmm?

NOT PARTICULARLY, BUT YOU KNOW HOW BOY'S NIGHTS OUT GET.
Calamari, anyone?

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by bib:
My community just doesn't do Halloween for which I am very grateful. I find it disturbing that parents allow young children to go begging at strangers' doors when there are recognised risks in allowing kids to do this.

There were three adults for the five children in the group in which my nephew went out. I saw no group under 15 without at least one adult and the whole neighborhood was crammed with people. What danger might there be besides cavities?
and the odd grinch...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

I'm staying off this thread till lilbuddha steps away from the ducking-stool ... [Paranoid]

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
I was dressed as a cardinal at work yesterday.

So you got that job at the Vatican?
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
I'm staying off this thread till lilbuddha steps away from the ducking-stool ... [Paranoid]

Aha! You are admitting guilt!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

Aha! You are admitting guilt!
I'm a liberal Anglican. What do you expect me to do?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016