homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Church Outreach

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Church Outreach
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am on the Outreach committee of my church. I've recently had a discussion of the purpose of outreach. Should it be
a) a means of attracting new people into the church or
b) a means by which existing church members can be salt and light in their communities?

I'd be interested to know what others think.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do B and A will follow. If A does not follow then you're doing B wrong.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They go together, be salt and light and it is that which will bring people into the church, imo. As discussed in the thread on what puts people off church, many people do not feel church is relevant to them. If you want to reach out to people then you need to be relevant to them and being part of their community, serving there, is a major stepping stone.
I think it would be hard to do outreach without being salt and light, how would you attract people? What outreach do you consider not to be salt and light?

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
Do B and A will follow. If A does not follow then you're doing B wrong.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Invite people.

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Komensky:
Invite people.

That's not outreach though, that's an attempt to be attractive.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How can inviting people 'merely' be an attempt to 'be attractive'?

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The specific criticism came over a plan to run a children's day club on the next In Service Day (a teacher-training day, when the teachers are in school, but the pupils aren't.)

This would be appreciated by working parents who don't want to use up a day's holiday to stay at home. It could also potentially save on child-care costs, as our club would be provided free.

Obviously, there would be a Bible story, songs, craft themed round the story etc, but it wouldn't be out-and-out evangelism.

Part of the criticism was that this would primarily be "outreach" to affluent dual-income families (although any child could attend; it's not being specifically aimed at dual-working parents, but realistically, that's the group most likely to want to use such a club.)

(The criticism came from outwith the committee btw, there's no in-fighting on the committee!)

Circuit Rider

Ship's Itinerant
# 13088

- Posted      Profile for Circuit Rider   Email Circuit Rider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Cheeseburger said.

I believe the church is the embassy or representative of Jesus Christ and his kingdom in the world. Consequently, local churches are branches of that kingdom charged with representing Christ in that given community.

Outreach, represents Christ and his love and restoration in the world relative to that community. Outreach activities can be planned with the mind of restoring the world through the coming kingdom of our Christ. The genuineness of that outreach will be attractive.

If you are after members or attenders alone, however, recipients of your "outreach" will be on to that in a New York minute and regard you as disingenuous. Genuine outreach is totally unselfish and offered in love without regard to what we may gain from it.

I can't get that through to my own folks. They think their visits and annual Christmas bags to their own "shut-ins" is "outreach," and their very narrow focus distracts them from any real concern for those not tied to the church in any way.

My two cents.

--------------------
I felt my heart strangely warmed ... and realised I had spilt hot coffee all over myself.

Posts: 715 | From: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:

Part of the criticism was that this would primarily be "outreach" to affluent dual-income families (although any child could attend; it's not being specifically aimed at dual-working parents, but realistically, that's the group most likely to want to use such a club.)

(The criticism came from outwith the committee btw, there's no in-fighting on the committee!)

What is wrong with outreach to affluent dial income families? Do they not need God just as much as poorer families? You can be salt and light within any community. Saying that, why won't the non-affluent families join in? Locally the parish church's after school club is very popular with kids from all backgrounds and that was also my experience on a rough estate in South London.
(Many years ago a close friend was constantly going on about the need to reach out to the working classes, it really got my goat as someone with a working class background.)

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Are the critics offering to take up and run an initiative themselves? If so, what? Unless they are, I would strongly suggest ignoring them.

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... run a children's day club on the next In Service Day (a teacher-training day, when the teachers are in school, but the pupils aren't.)

This would be appreciated by working parents...

Obviously, there would be a Bible story, songs, craft themed round the story etc, but it wouldn't be out-and-out evangelism.

Part of the criticism was that this would primarily be "outreach" to affluent dual-income families...

This may not be what you meant at all, but it came across to me as "we're going to reach out to parents by relieving them of a day of child care." That's backwards.

Focus on the kids! "We get a chance to spend a whole day with some kids we don't usually get to see, and gently introduce them to some Bible story and song in a fun Christian environment."

Your outreach is to the kids, they aren't a side effect of outreach to parents who in fact you have having minimal contact with ("Just call the church office to sign up"). If the outreach is to kids, who cares which socio-economic families they come from? All kids need outreach.

But do make extra effort to get the invitation out to the lower economic families. Those are the ones whose jobs don't allow a day off to care for kids, which often means leaving a child home alone or parked with someone who pays little attention, those kids really would love the fun day in a Christian environment.

Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Details will be on the weekly newsletter every child gets at school, so we're not "targetting" any specific group of children. However, the biggest financial benefit will be to dual-income families. That's just inevitable.
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Circuit Rider:
I can't get that through to my own folks. They think their visits and annual Christmas bags to their own "shut-ins" is "outreach," and their very narrow focus distracts them from any real concern for those not tied to the church in any way.

Yes. [Smile]

[ 18. December 2012, 14:14: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Hairy Biker
Shipmate
# 12086

- Posted      Profile for Hairy Biker   Email Hairy Biker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belle Ringer:
quote:
... run a children's day club on the next In Service Day (a teacher-training day, when the teachers are in school, but the pupils aren't.)

This would be appreciated by working parents...

Part of the criticism was that this would primarily be "outreach" to affluent dual-income families...

This may not be what you meant at all, but it came across to me as "we're going to reach out to parents by relieving them of a day of child care." That's backwards.

Focus on the kids! "We get a chance to spend a whole day with some kids we don't usually get to see, and gently introduce them to some Bible story and song in a fun Christian environment."

No, no, no! That's not outreach. That's manipulation. Outreach is saying "what are the needs of this community that we as a church could address?" That's being salt and light. Getting the kids' attention so that we can give them a dose of Jesus that they wouldn't otherwise get is dishonest, and will be be found out by the parents and boycotted. Outreach is about being motivated by Jesus to show love, not to go out and recruit.

--------------------
there [are] four important things in life: religion, love, art and science. At their best, they’re all just tools to help you find a path through the darkness. None of them really work that well, but they help.
Damien Hirst

Posts: 683 | From: This Sceptred Isle | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
Do B and A will follow.

Yes.
quote:
If A does not follow then you're doing B wrong.
Not necessarily true. Or at least not necessarily obvious. It can take years for some people to respond. While you are waiting, keep up the good work by continuing doing B.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

quote:
If A does not follow then you're doing B wrong.
I don't know if we're succeeding or failing by that test. We are failing to attract regular Sunday attenders, but we do have a lot of people who appear generally well-disposed to the church, who pitch up for Carol services, or Remembrance Sunday without apparently feeling any need for regular worship.
Ramarius
Shipmate
# 16551

- Posted      Profile for Ramarius         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Outreach means.... reach out. Find some people who need loving and love them. At the very least it means asking how to take the love of Christ beyond the boundaries of your church's relationships, and sharing them with others.

--------------------
'

Posts: 950 | From: Virtually anywhere | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hairy Biker:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:This would be appreciated by working parents... Part of the criticism was that this would primarily be "outreach" to affluent dual-income families...

Focus on the kids!

No, no, no! That's not outreach. That's manipulation. Outreach is saying "what are the needs of this community that we as a church could address?" That's being salt and light. Getting the kids' attention so that we can give them a dose of Jesus that they wouldn't otherwise get is dishonest, and will be be found out by the parents and boycotted. [/QB]
Interesting difference of understanding what's going on, or what the word means. If the goal is meeting the needs of parents who need a place to park the kids for the day, and having the kids is regarded as a byproduct of serving the parents, what you get is warehousing the kids. Our Mothers Day Out used to be like that.

Kids are real people, focus on their needs, what's fun and interesting for them that they would want to come to whether or not their parents could take the day off from work?

And what's wrong with a church program offering a Christian environment? The parents know they are dropping kids at a church event, right? Do parents think the church should put away the Bible stories and sing Sesame Street songs instead?

I'm not talking about forcing the kids to "confess Christ." But if I take a kid to a church sponsored event shouldn't I expect God-aware activities? If the church were advertising it as a secular event that has nothing to do with any church, then yes that would be manipulative.

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And what's wrong with a church program offering a Christian environment? The parents know they are dropping kids at a church event, right? Do parents think the church should put away the Bible stories and sing Sesame Street songs instead?

I'm not talking about forcing the kids to "confess Christ." But if I take a kid to a church sponsored event shouldn't I expect God-aware activities? If the church were advertising it as a secular event that has nothing to do with any church, then yes that would be manipulative.

This is a real issue. Some folk would contend that teaching Christian songs and stories to children is inherently manipulative and exploitative of vulnerable individuals. I don't agree with that view but do feel that we umst always be totally upfront and honest about what we're doing. (NE Quine: I'm not suggesting you are doing anything wrong). Otherwise we're no better than the "cold callers" who say, "Don't worry, I'm not going to sell you anything".

I read this book last year - absolutely superb IMHO.

Oh yes - we must never pressurise children into belief, however subtly and even unintentionally.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The specific criticism came over a plan to run a children's day club on the next In Service Day (a teacher-training day, when the teachers are in school, but the pupils aren't.)

This would be appreciated by working parents who don't want to use up a day's holiday to stay at home. It could also potentially save on child-care costs, as our club would be provided free.

If it is provided free, then it is also of great benefit to others, such as to families who can't afford to give their children any sort of paid for activity for the day. It also potentially benefits single parents by giving them the opportunity of some space for themselves.

As to the complaints - if it were the only form of outreach you are ever to do, then it is leaving out a lot of people - those who have no
children, their children are too old for childcare, and so on.

Any one form of outreach will only reach a certain target group, if you can you get around this by providing different forms of outreach at different times, to different people.

Would they be complaining, that you were only reachign a small target group, if you were putting on free concert that appealed to middle aged people or a lunch for the elderly?

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:
quote:

Any one form of outreach will only reach a certain target group, if you can you get around this by providing different forms of outreach at different times, to different people.
And no one church can target all the needs in a community. Might it be better for each church to target a few specific needs and do them well? A children's group on midweek non-school days, and a prison ministry; or an elder weekly day care activity and a Christmas meal for the homeless.

I doubt any one church (except maybe a megachurch) can meet the needs of elders, children, adult singles, married, blind, deaf, non-English speaking, homeless, newly released prisoners, sick needing rides to doctors, etc. all at once and do any of it well.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

We have real questions about what we should do in terms of outreach. We are in a rural area, in a generally affluent part of the country. We are the only church in the parish. Our parish doesn't have inner-city social problems, nor do we have a local prison to visit!

We have some disaffected teens who get bored of village life, but who don't seem to want the church involved in their lives.

We do run a seniors lunch club.

We are casting around for ways to be useful, not always with a lot of success!

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I doubt any one church (except maybe a megachurch) can meet the needs of elders, children, adult singles, married, blind, deaf, non-English speaking, homeless, newly released prisoners, sick needing rides to doctors, etc. all at once and do any of it well.

Essentially, I pay my taxes in the hope that my government will do a lot of this.

Also I would hope members of the church would join with various community groups that do these things - then outreach can be in the discussions with other (non-church peeps) about *why* said person is active in that community group.

I would like to think that outreach focuses on trying enthuse people about the theology.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We have real questions about what we should do in terms of outreach. We are in a rural area, in a generally affluent part of the country. We are the only church in the parish. Our parish doesn't have inner-city social problems, nor do we have a local prison to visit!

In my experience there is still the full range of life troubles and issues in the rural and affluent areas - just not conveniently lumped in groups. So it is more about personal pastoral care than organised projects.

I have church members who are in denial about needs in a nice rural area - but I can't quote all the evidence to the contray because it is pastorally confidential.

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

quote:
Originally posted by Avila:
quote:
We have real questions about what we should do in terms of outreach... in a generally affluent part of the country. ...

In my experience there is still the full range of life troubles and issues in the rural and affluent areas
I had some very wealthy relatives. Money assures you of a comfortable place to sleep and abundant food.

It does not protect you from your kids getting into drugs, life lacking meaning, divorce, being taken advantage of by people you thought were friends, serious disease, backbiting, excessive demands/expectations by others, criticism for anything you give or don't give because it wasn't "enough," deep loneliness, or the pains of growing old and isolated by blindness and outliving your friends.

Interesting question, what sort of church organized ministry would be most valued by the well off who need to know God loves them, not just if they give enough money to the right charities, but for themselves.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Originally posted by Avila:
quote:
In my experience there is still the full range of life troubles and issues in the rural and affluent areas - just not conveniently lumped in groups. So it is more about personal pastoral care than organised projects.

I have church members who are in denial about needs in a nice rural area - but I can't quote all the evidence to the contray because it is pastorally confidential.

I posted the OP with reference to my church outreach committee. I'm not in denial about the range of problems in any area, but I'm thinking in terms of issues which can legitimately be "Item 2" in the Outreach Committee agenda!

Personal pastoral care isn't "outreach" in our church, it's the responsibility of the minister and the elders. I'm pretty clueless about churches outwith my own denomination, which might make it sound as though I think we have no problems. In the Church of Scotland we have ministers and also ordained elders -the elders have pastoral responsibility for a district (about 10 households). Outreach is something else altogether.

Apologies if I sounded as though I thought affluence means having no problems!

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

We have some disaffected teens who get bored of village life, but who don't seem to want the church involved in their lives.

We do run a seniors lunch club.

We are casting around for ways to be useful, not always with a lot of success!

I wouldn't discount the possibility of some sort of service to those outside your community (whether rural poor just outside your area, inner city an hour or two away, or global needs on the other side of hte world) as an outreach to your community, including those "disaffected teens". Ours is a bit closer to home, as we live in an amazingly diverse community with both millionaires and homeless within a mile of our church. Not surprisingly, a large number of the "happy pagans" in our area enjoy teaming up with us to minister to our local school, food bank, and homeless shelter. It's also the thing teens are most likely to come out to participate in. And it's a great way to find common ground.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

We have a missionary partner in Malawi, whom we help support financially and practically (knitted baby clothes). Plus there's events in Christian Aid week in May. The local Rotary support a charity which provides emergency equipment, and we've supported them in that. Plus we sponsor the education of a girl.

We've had speakers from the Street Pastors, and we've held a fundraising coffee morning in support of the Street Pastors.

We have a collection of household items which are passed to a homeless charity each Sept, and a gift service with donations of toys which are passed to Social Services each December.

So we do do a range of things for the benefit of those outwith our immediate community.

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We have a missionary partner in Malawi, whom we help support financially and practically (knitted baby clothes). Plus there's events in Christian Aid week in May. The local Rotary support a charity which provides emergency equipment, and we've supported them in that. Plus we sponsor the education of a girl.

We've had speakers from the Street Pastors, and we've held a fundraising coffee morning in support of the Street Pastors.

We have a collection of household items which are passed to a homeless charity each Sept, and a gift service with donations of toys which are passed to Social Services each December.

So we do do a range of things for the benefit of those outwith our immediate community.

You misunderstood my point. I wasn't trying to suggest your church wasn't doing anything charitable-- my assumption was that you are. I was saying one possibility for outreach to your immediate, affluent community was to invite them into some of those very projects. Perhaps some of the non-churched in your community would get excited about your Malawi project and want to join in a knitting club. The "disaffected teens" might become, well, less "disaffected" when they get involved in putting on a car wash to help fund the support you're providing. Others might get excited about what you're doing with the homeless charity, and want to get involved with that in some way. Inviting the affluent unchurched of your immediate neighborhood to join you in these activities might be a great way to build friendships and find common ground.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Thank-you! I'll take that suggestion to our next committee meeting!
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm increasingly of the opinion that the guy who said, the more you allow people to think that the church can or should provide them with a service is creating problems for everyone (here and now was the book - can't recall the author) and outreach needs to consist of doing stuff in the world because it needs doing, and then tell people why. But what do I know?
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hairy Biker:
No, no, no! That's not outreach. That's manipulation. Outreach is saying "what are the needs of this community that we as a church could address?" That's being salt and light. Getting the kids' attention so that we can give them a dose of Jesus that they wouldn't otherwise get is dishonest, and will be be found out by the parents and boycotted. Outreach is about being motivated by Jesus to show love, not to go out and recruit.

The Church I attend has a Blokes Group that grew out of a survey done of needs in the area. Some of the men now come to church, some don't, and probably never will. I came to this church which is a 45 minute bus ride away after meeting the Minister and finding out a small group of people from there were going on a reflective trip to the West Coast, an area I wanted to visit. They had one seat left on the bus -so I took it.

The trip was fun, well, but not over organised. I liked the people and their attitudes to life and each other. A week later I went to the church to attend a service where one of the trip organisers was reporting back. I walked in the door and felt that I had come home.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
imho
if my reading of your situation is correct, the committee itself is of one mind?
And the muttering is from outside that committee?

In that case go ahead.... and ignore the mutterers.

( .....they will always be among us.....)

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016