homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » You think the Ship has flood protection

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: You think the Ship has flood protection
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a thread in Purg there should be cries of "niagra, niagra." Apparently a BlackBerry Playbook can get around the flood protection.

I managed one double post by pressing the back arrow after a post was complete. It returned to the wait while we post you deep in print (or whatever it says) page and reposted.

Then there is my apology. [Frown]

I got the flood warning and told to use the back arrow. Not learning my lesson, I pressed the back arrow. Little did I expect to see my apology three times.

I don't know if this is a property of all tablets or only the PlayBook. However, I can accidently spam you when I follow the instructions of using the back button.

No, I am not sure what will fix the problem, as I would eventually have to press the back arrow to leave the flood warning page.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just now it posted a comment when it gave me the flood control warning. I opened a second tab this time to see what happened before trying to exit the flood warning page.

Something screwy this way comes.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about this: Sign in on Google Chrome, go to Ship of Fools and sign in, type a reply on a thread, but do not post it; minimize the screen, go to Internet Explorer, go to Ship of Fools and sign in, type a reply to the same thread, post it, click on Google Chrome and post your previously written reply on the thread, and see what flood control does.
If the system recognizes you as signed in on Google Chrome, why does it let you sign in at the same time on Internet Explorer?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would guess it's because your signed-in state is managed by cookies in the individual browsers, not centrally on the Ship.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Individual instances of the same browser on different computers even - or else I wouldn't have to login from an Internet cafe 'frinstance.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, the cookies are stored on the local computer, so different instances even of the same brand browser on different computers have different sets of cookies.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Loquacious beachcomber:
If the system recognizes you as signed in on Google Chrome, why does it let you sign in at the same time on Internet Explorer?

I'm signed into the ship on no less than 4 devices pretty much continuously. Why should the server care which keyboard your account received its text from?
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016