homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Wat John Da Baptiza Guy Tell

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Wat John Da Baptiza Guy Tell
Frankenstein
Shipmate
# 16198

- Posted      Profile for Frankenstein   Email Frankenstein   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Part of John Chapter 1 in Hawai‘i Pidgin

Wat John Da Baptiza Guy Tell
19 One time, da Jewish leada guys wen send priest guys an odda guys from da Levi ohana dat help da priest guys. Dey send um by John fo aks, “Eh, who you?” Dis wat he wen tell um:
20 He neva bulai. He tell um strait out, “Listen! I not da Christ, da Spesho Guy God Goin Send.”
21 Dey aks him, “Den who you? You Elijah?” He tell, “No, I not.”
Dey say, “Den you da Spesho Guy dat goin come an talk fo God?” He tell, “No, I not.”
22 Dey tell him, “Kay den. Tell us who you. Wat you say bout yoaself? We gotta tell da guys dat wen send us someting, you know!”
23 He say, jalike Isaiah wen say, da guy who talk fo God long time ago,
“I da guy dat talk real strong inside da boonies,
‘Eh, make da road ready fo da Good Boss.
Make um strait fo him!’ ”

Makes you think.

--------------------
It is better to travel in hope than to arrive?

Posts: 267 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frankenstein,

I am sure you will enjoy go long nao tok tok all manmeri* about this passage. You may however, wish to ask a kindly passing host to transfer it to an appropriate board.

_________
*Papua New Guinea pidgin. "Discussing."

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WTF? [Confused]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frankenstein:
Makes you think.

Yup. Makes me thing I'm not Hawaiian. It's not written for me, why should I criticise.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's Chapter 50 ............. Danno

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frankenstein,

Have a look at the FAQs, the Ship's Ten Commandments but especially the various Board headings and guidelines. Hell is for rants, vitriol and anger and your post exhibits none of those features.

To tell the truth I haven't a clue what board it should be on. Oh yes, I know where it should be: on your blog. The Ship is for interaction and with the exception of the TICTH thread it is not for posts unrelated to any other.

Thread closed.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clearly posted as a warning against the tendency to regard John the Baptist as the Christ. It certainly stopped me dead in my tracks.

Anyway, knitting. Knitting's terribly interesting, isn't it?
You can make stuff with knitting.

Like jumpers.

And hats. Usually those sort of bobble hats without bobbles on them.

And hot-water-bottle covers.

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016