homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Jesus doesn't give a damn! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Jesus doesn't give a damn!
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

- Posted      Profile for gerbilfodder         Edit/delete post 
I was unfortunate enough to be brought up in a fundamentalist Christian home. [Devil] We attended a pentecostalist church where Sunday after Sunday we were 'favoured' with blood curdling hell-fire sermons, which scared the life out of me. I suffered from awful nightmares as a consequence. At eleven I did the 'born again' bit as I was frigtened of going to hell, I was even quite sickeningly devout for a while! [Hot and Hormonal]

However, you might try talking to Jesus, but the guy doesn't answer! As a young teenager I had a problem causing me a considerable amount of angst, which I certainly couldn't share with my parents. I tried talking to Jesus about it, but I never had any sense that he was listening to me, even though I believed in him. If he couldn't come through for a child and give her a sense of his presence, and some comfort, either he doesn't give a damn, or more likely isn't around to do so! Incidently I had to live with that problem, which gave me many sleepless nights until I was about 15, when I was old enough to realise it was much less significant than I imagined.

By the time I left home to marry at 19, the doubts about my faith were overwhelming and it was a relief when it gradually faded away never to be rekindled. At the age of 63, I now regard myself as an agnostic. A deity might exist in a dimension somewhere, but I am pretty certain the one portrayed in the Bible isn't it.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feel better?

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

p.s. Jesus is always talking to me and telling to do crazy shit.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Jesus doesn't give a damn!
And neither do any of us.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

I think you are confusing Jesus with the devil! [Big Grin]
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, good call, gerbilfodder.

Mileages vary, obviously. The way I see it is that God doesn't very often broadcast direct - and, if He does, you need a well-tuned transmitter to pick it up. Or just a lucky break. FWIW my view is that your early church provided a duff transmitter. I'm anthropomorphising wildly here and I don't really mean this as literally as it sounds, but I don't think G-d/Jesus would choose to broadcast on such a transmitter because to do so would only bolster the credibility of that church. You're better off as an agnostic.

I hope your marriage was successful and happy and that others were able to give you the love and comfort that you deserve.

Pyx_e - No doubt He tells you to do crazy shit because He knows you're crazy anyway. Or perhaps just a Fool for Christ's sake.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

My husband, now 65, was a devout Christian too but became a convinced atheist. Sadly in 2006 he had a brain haemorrhage which has left him with substantial brain damage. This is awful for him as he is a highly intelligent guy and can no longer do anything of an academic nature, which frustrates him terribly!

He claims that whilst in the coma, following the bleed in his brain, he had some sort of experience which convinced him beyond all doubt, if he needed any convincing, that there was no deity or afterlife.

Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by gerbilfodder:
...He claims that whilst in the coma, following the bleed in his brain, he had some sort of experience which convinced him beyond all doubt, if he needed any convincing, that there was no deity or afterlife.

This is terribly intriguing - can you say more?

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mind, Pyx is worrying me that that voice telling me to do silly things is Jesus, and there I've been ignoring him all these years.

YMMV, of course.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I have a dear friend - only recently turned 60 - who has just had a very debilitating stroke.

Do you know the zen story of the rowing boat?
You're in a boat, and suddenly you get bumped from behind by another boat - you fall and bang your head - nasty accident, could have killed you. You pick yourself up and turn round, intending to give the person in that other boat a piece of your mind. But there is no one in the boat - it's just adrift. So what now?

OK, so if you believed in God, you would both at least have the satisfaction of shaking your fist at him. But maybe that would just be a distraction from dealing with 'So what now?'

Don't think I'm ungrateful, but I'm just wondering what moved you to come here and share your truth with us.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

Forums are a much needed displacement activity where I am concerned!
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're in good company then!
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Clingford:
quote:
...He claims that whilst in the coma, following the bleed in his brain, he had some sort of experience which convinced him beyond all doubt, if he needed any convincing, that there was no deity or afterlife.

It is intriguing! Usually people come back from their near death experience talking about going toward the light, experiencing peace and love, seeing dead relatives, seeing Jesus, etc. Now, I'm always skeptical about these stories and believe they might just have been vivid dreams but I can't imagine experiencing nothing at all and considering that to be proof of something.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
quote:
quote:

It is intriguing! Usually people come back from their near death experience talking about going toward the light, experiencing peace and love, seeing dead relatives, seeing Jesus, etc. Now, I'm always skeptical about these stories and believe they might just have been vivid dreams but I can't imagine experiencing nothing at all and considering that to be proof of something.
I'm not intriugued for one moment. On returning from a NDE believers say they have seen Jesus, white light and the like, while non-believers have seen nothing. I find it quite likely that everyone sees pretty much what they expect to see.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon in the Nati:
quote:
Jesus doesn't give a damn!
And neither do any of us.
Some of us do.

It's not surprising that Jesus is confused the devil when those fucking kakangelical churches are already confused and preach a kakangelion.

"On that day many will say to me, “Lord, Lord, did we not preach hellfire and damnation in your name and try to scare the shit out of people in your name to make them convert?” Then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers. (Matt 7)

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not intriugued for one moment. On returning from a NDE believers say they have seen Jesus, white light and the like, while non-believers have seen nothing. I find it quite likely that everyone sees pretty much what they expect to see.
Yes, 'nothing' is a negative, a non-experience, whereas gerbilfodder's husband did have an experience. That is how I find it intriguing.

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:

"On that day many will say to me, “Lord, Lord, did we not preach hellfire and damnation in your name and try to scare the shit out of people in your name to make them convert?” Then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers. (Matt 7)

[Overused] [Overused]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, 'nothing' is a negative, a non-experience, whereas gerbilfodder's husband did have an experience. That is how I find it intriguing.
Exactly. When someone's expectation is that there will be nothing and then he comes back and says something absolutely convinced him -- well what was it? For lack of any example I keep picturing him saying, "I saw God and he told me he didn't exist."
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm reminded of a short sequence from the golf movie Caddyshack.

quote:
Carl Spackler in "Caddyshack":
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier....

So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

The deal with some of the Jesus eternal life ideas are just like that, big hitter that Jesus. Like it's okay if you get totally screwed over with nothing for the effort in this life, because in the next you will receive total eternal life and stuff. Yup, we got that going for us. Which is nice.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gerbilfodder--

Welcome to the Ship! [Smile]

Lots of ex-fundies, semi-fundies, and questioning fundies here. I'm in the first camp, though I still have some stuff in my "don't know; sort out later" file.

Re hell: have you read Rob Bell's "Love Wins"? Worth a read!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My, my, my!

You little cuddlebums should be happy I no longer host here. For, if I did, this thread would be locked up tighter than a cow's arse in fly-time. Or in All Saints. Depending how charitable I felt.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Indeed.

I woke up this morning, embraced my wife, and kissed her (ON THE MOUTH, mind you), and that was more hellish than this thread.

So another newcomer who probably TTWACW has decided she's an atheist who, curiously, can't stop being mad at God for not existing. Or some darn thing.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forget it, PeteC.
You've moved on.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Forums are a much needed displacement activity where I am concerned!

Because you want to discuss something you're actually thinking about, or because you're a stupid fucking old troll?
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:
Forget it, PeteC.
You've moved on.

Whereas I haven't, and Pete's thoughts are eerily reminiscent of my own... I'm reading someone's "Hello, here's my life story" thread in Hell? Why, exactly? Because being agnostic is edgy?

The only reason any leniency has been shown is because (1) the self-described rodent food is new, and (2) she has already had one thread closed today.

But listen here: when your fundamentalist parents told you that you were going to Hell for not believing the Bible anymore, they didn't mean the Ship version. Okay?

Read the guidelines, get to know the Ship, and post things in the right place.

And as for displacement, we will happily demonstrate the scientific theory by throwing you overboard and looking for the miniscule increase in water level that will result.

orfeo
Hellhost

[ 31. January 2013, 07:17: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey folks, a newbie made a mistake about which board to post on. Even though this is Hell is there any need to be rude to her?

Welcome gerbilfodder. Good to have you here, and I hope you find the Ship helpful. Please ignore the assholes - they can't help themselves. (I put it down to poor potty training.)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Hey folks, a newbie made a mistake about which board to post on. Even though this is Hell is there any need to be rude to her?

Well, we want her to have the full "Hell Experience" don't we?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

gerbilfodder
Apprentice
# 17526

What a charming lot some of you are. [Big Grin]
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We aim to displease.

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Grins and smileys and goodwill will get you only so far as a newbie in Hell.

Prepare for shit.

Batten the hatches babe. Close down that nice, sweet heart.

Otherwise, bail now.

(n.b. It's not personal, it's just Hell).

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can we stop playing with our food now?

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So who exactly are we calling to Hell here - gf's Fundamentalist family, his Hellfire preacher, or Jesus for not giving a damn?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think GF's a her, but I may be wrong.

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
GF
Capitalisation, first sign of being doomed.

Fly Safe, P

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

I thought being spoken of in the third person was the first sign.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Folks are as equally charming in Purgatory, but if you were hoping for a discussion, at least there they can't be so rude or personal.

Take the time to read through a couple of older and longer threads on each of the boards to get a feel of the place. Enjoy!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

Sorry, hosts - unintentional Junior Hosting [Hot and Hormonal] . Here allow me to present you with this liver newly ripped from my body as a propitiatary sacrifice!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

orfeo

# 13878

Personally I didn't mind that one and would let you keep your liver.

But then I've been off my food for a couple of days.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

The ship takes getting used to. I would strongly advise you to read, mark, and inwardly digest the introduction at the top of each board, and also the board guidelines.

Then read a few of the longer threads on any board you think you want to post on.

Did you notice the words at the top of the Hell board to the effect that when you post in Hell you are painting a target on yourself? You shouldn't be surprised when people take potshots.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
gf - there is a convention that apprentices are treated gently until their 50th post when they achieve shipmate status. After that the gloves are off especially in Hell.

Don't be surprised when it happens and you find yourself addressed as rat poison or something more inventive and offensive. Shipmates are amazingly inventive about names.

You may not believe in a Hell after death but in this version, in life, people can be hurt.

(Apologies if this is junior hosting)

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Jesus is always talking to me and telling to do crazy shit.

Yes - but you don't have to obey him so often.

[ 31. January 2013, 14:42: Message edited by: leo ]

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hostly Notice

OK, you've had your fun with this latest n00b, who doesn't come over as a sixty-something, but that's t'interweb for you.

gerbilfodder: one of your dumb threads has been closed already. If this one shows no purpose beyond a focus for the peanut gallery, it will join it PDQ.

Sioni Sais
Hellhost

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
redderfreak
Shipmate
# 15191

- Posted      Profile for redderfreak   Author's homepage   Email redderfreak   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is this thread sending Jesus to hell because he doesn't give a damn?

--------------------
You know I just couldn't make it by myself, I'm a little too blind to see

Posts: 287 | From: Exeter | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by redderfreak:
Is this thread sending Jesus to hell because he doesn't give a damn?

Well, there's precedent! [Biased] We called God to Hell, some years back. IMHO, one of our best threads ever.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

(Missed the edit window.)

And the CGTH thread has some great posts from absent shipmates.
[Votive]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
gerbilfodder, I've tried to send you a Private Message, but failed. The Ship can be a wonderful place but - like any other organisation - it takes a bit of getting used to. In particular, each Board has a different function and ethos.

For the sort of things you have posted about I would recommend All Saints (mutual support) or Purgatory (informed discussion). Hell is for letting off steam, with the warning that others might steam back at you. As, I suspect, you have already discovered. And, as a long time Shipmate with no official standing, I want to apologise for the remarks of Rook, orfeo and Sioni Sais. They are all dear people really, and quite old enough to know better.

(OK - I'm junior hosting and showing disrespect to Hosts and Admins. But really, you lot - grow up!)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
Oh fuck , now this is going to get interesting.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

Indeed; now where did I put my popcorn?

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
And, as a long time Shipmate with no official standing, I want to apologise for the remarks of Rook, orfeo and Sioni Sais.

Shove your "apology" up your arse, you tedious fuckstain. You do not speak for the Ship, and barring a succession of improbably tragic angling accidents resulting in the lobotomisation of the entire H&A cohort and an unprecedented outbreak of Dupuytren's Contracture amongst the few hundred or so Shipmates who are more worthy of that status than you, you never fucking will.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Oh fuck , now this is going to get interesting.

Why?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016