homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The hunt's afoot! (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The hunt's afoot!
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There was a big brown one in Linlithgow a minute ago. Must be the only one who has wakened up.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haggises can jump! I was looking at the sheep field at Loch Ness and one jumped in [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sure they are turning nocturnal this year. Haven't seen one in daylight yet.

Link for the new page.

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haggis in Inverurie. And Eilean Donan looks beautiful.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Daylight sighting at Kilmarnock Cross! That bad boy is almost as big as the statue!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Car being squashed at Linlithgow.
Ooh, saw one at Loch Ness, flipped back after posting here and it had turned gold!

[ 19. December 2012, 15:46: Message edited by: tessaB ]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't see any haggii tonight, but Loch Lomond is experiencing broad daylight! How strange!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just got two - one at Eilean Donan Castle and one at Stonehaven.
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a huuuuuge one at Stonehaven Harbour.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A big golden one just popped up at Linlithgow.
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Four haggii - one of them pretending to be a sheep!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's even worse when the sheep pretend to be haggii!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a golden one at Oxford Street (about to go into Selfridges I think)

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are two on view at the moment: a normal one sneaking through the gathering gloom at Eilean Donan Castle and a golden one marching down Oxford St., bold as brass (if that isn't mixing descriptions! [Hot and Hormonal] )

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

There's a huge one blocking the traffic at Linlithgow.
ETA. and another about to cross the road on Oxford Street.

[ 21. December 2012, 08:51: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by justlooking:
There's a huge one blocking the traffic at Linlithgow.

And he's still there!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still there, I would be fairly annoyed if I was waiting in that traffic [Biased]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Big gold one at Kilmarnock Cross.

--------------------

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

There's one crossing the road in a sensible manner at Inverurie.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa and a golden haggis are boating at Inverness.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just saw Santa too!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa plus haggis this morning - and an email telling me that I'd won a calendar in the week 3 draw!!!

Unprecedented for me - hardly ever win anything!

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa and a golden haggis on a sleigh across Loch Ness.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, well done Tony! Been doing this for years and never won anything. [Frown]

I did just see Santa though. [Smile]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Congratulations, TonyK!!

Notice how the haggii snuggle up to Santa? They must be very, very good.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The dear little Haggii must be snuggled all abed with visions of sugarplums dancing in their head.

Except for the one with Santa. A dead giveaway, that one!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Apparently Santa doesn't eat the haggis. Which is the same problem kids have with their 4-H heifers and hogs. One can get so attached, you know.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Santa and golden haggis at Loch Ness and Loch Lomond.

I thought there was only one Santa, which one's the imposter?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

One at Linlithgow and one at Kilmarnock.
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I went into it today, there were loads of them, all in brown, in most of the places. Some bigger than others!

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but do we have anyone who lives in any of those areas who's inclined to go there and hold a "ITTWACW!" sign for about a half hour or so, aimed at the webcams? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just bagged six big gold ones and at least another six brown haggis al together marching on Stonehaven Harbour. Showing the flag for New Year perhaps?

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

jedijudy

# 333

I've not seen a single haggis for two days, now.

That might be a sign that I should spend more time on the computer! [Biased]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A whole hoard at Stonehaven again!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

And at Inverness now, with a remarkably similar hill - twin peaks [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

They're on the march -- flocks at Edinburgh and Inverurie!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Hundreds flocking in Inverurie

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lots at Edinburgh Castle and Kilmarnock Cross!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my word - I have never seen such a herd! Are they migrating?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I just saw the herd at Kilmarnock Cross! What a relief! I was beginning to think they had become extinct very suddenly!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

They're moving quickly. The herds were at Inverness and Kilmarnock Cross, and then the first group shifted suddenly to Loch Lomond. So that's 3 sightings at once for me.

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A whole swarm of them at Inverurie - literally dozens!

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I saw lots of them all around many places, including recently, London.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
A whole swarm of them at Inverurie - literally dozens!

Still there. It's a Hogmany Haggis Stampede!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

It's got quieter now - just one at at Loch Lomond.
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

Gold one at Inverurie now.
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haven't spotted any Haggis. Note to self: Do not get obsessed with this, you have things to do.

But found a birthday present for the man who has everything. A genuine Scottish Title along with a plot of land and a tree dedication. Really.

I am in love with this idea and will purchase plots and titles for the whole family for their birthdays this year.

See the Highland Titles link at the bottom of the Haggis Hunt page.

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

No herds spotted today, but the big gold one is at Linlithgow Cross.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I haven't seen any all day either.

However, I now have a lot in the freezer aftr the huge herds I caught over the last couple of days. [Biased]

[ 03. January 2013, 04:11: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's clearly the problem - there are none left to reproduce!

Or it might be the wet weather that's to blame.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016