homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Silly little things that make your day... (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Silly little things that make your day...
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...The Little Book of Mornington Crescent has disappeared off my Amazon Wish List. This means I'm getting it for Christmas off someone.

[Yipee]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
...The Little Book of Mornington Crescent has disappeared off my Amazon Wish List. This means I'm getting it for Christmas off someone.

[Yipee]

That sounds fab not silly! [Smile]
Today I finished my marking (late submission by a student) - no more for a month! That's made my day.
My 8 year old often makes my day, he's a complete day dreamer and at his last parents' evening I could read that his teacher's notes had written on the bottom ' Away with the fairies'!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
Today I finished my marking (late submission by a student) - no more for a month! That's made my day.

A bit tactless but that reminds me I'll never have to mark anything again. Whoopee!

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

Posts: 794 | From: here or there | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My little God Son, sged 8, at 'The Hobbitt' the other night, reading all the sub-titles for me! This from a boy who has resisted reading!
Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watching horrorkeets (lorikeets for those who have never encountered them) playing soccer with a cat ball. This must be seen at least once before you die. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Panda
Shipmate
# 2951

- Posted      Profile for Panda   Email Panda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I saw the tide coming in, washing over a rock that a seagull was standing on. He did a little jump with each wave to stay on his rock, but as the waves got bigger he gave up in the end and just floated on top. Then you could see him rising up and down as the crest of each wave passed underneath him. Pretty simple, I guess, but I loved watching it.
Posts: 1637 | From: North Wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Managing to fill my petrol tank with fuel that costs in round figures, ie not £49.99 or £50.01. Although what other users make of my shouting "Yesss" is anyone's guess, really.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Putting up my Christmas Tree even though life's pretty tough at the moment. Doesn't mean anything to anyone else, but it made my day.

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My normally vicious cat snuggling up to me on the bed or sitting on my shoulder nuzzling my hair and purring loudly [Smile]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A cuddle from youngest grandson yesterday. Not normally a cuddle person and I never force him but yesterday was lovely.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ducklings!

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Dachshund and (like Nanny Oggs') normally vicious cat under the Christmas tree together, pretending to be good, waiting for Santa.
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Twilight back on board the Ship [Smile]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:
My normally vicious cat snuggling up to me on the bed or sitting on my shoulder nuzzling my hair and purring loudly [Smile]

It was buttering you up so you wouldn't notice the upteenth hairball it had vomited up on the leather couch!
[Biased]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Twilight back on board the Ship [Smile]

...and her little dog, too.
[Biased]

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My outside kitty played a game with me! She had never done that before. It did make my day!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Yipee]

I'm very disappointed that you looked. It's as bad as peeking at your presents. [Disappointed]

My little thing was that the younger K-Glet was distinctly unimpressed at being put to bed tonight, because he didn't want a strange man to come into his bedroom while he was sleeping. That's my boy. [Cool]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bundling the boys up, giving them a handsaw, and sending them out into the woods for a tree today. There's a lot to be said for kids getting older. And there's a lot to be said for living in the forest.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awoke yesterday to find the cat sitting in the middle of the floor heater vent. It made me laugh.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Awoke yesterday to find the cat sitting in the middle of the floor heater vent. It made me laugh.

If we had a cooler day in summer, our elderly cat used to sit about a metre from the gas heater and glare at it. Obviously hoping it would come on.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A phone call out of the blue from a man I'd taught about 43 years ago. He'd seen my name under letters I'd written to the paper, and found me in the phone book. We recalled an earthquake when the class hesitated and then, at my suggestion, did the right thing and got under their desks.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Six goldfinches on my bird feeder this morning!

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:

In my student days I lived in a house that had a floor vent in the hall. You could tell how cold it was by how much of the cat's body was on the vent. Some of the science students suggested that we calibrate the cat and paint lines across her body.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brother in law visited with his 3 year old son whilst we were watching "How to train your dragon."

The wide eyed look of wonder at the animated dragons was incredible.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Yipee]

What is this ?

I like the game on the radio - any connection I wonder ?

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Imersge Canfield:
quote:

[Yipee]

What is this ?

I like the game on the radio - any connection I wonder ?

The only possible connection would have to be on the (Sundays only) reverse diagonal.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
C'mon Karl LB!We're all agog to know if the book has appeared in your stocking!!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Bundling the boys up, giving them a handsaw, and sending them out into the woods for a tree today. There's a lot to be said for kids getting older. And there's a lot to be said for living in the forest.

This sort of thing reminds me of my brother's air rifle. He already had an air pistol and was quite handy with it, but craved a rifle. The law was different then (c. 1964?) and I think 15 year olds could own such guns but one Christmas he received a very tidy BSA .22.

"Go and get dinner with it" said our proud father that Christmas morn, and it came to pass that bro' returned, not half an hour later later with a nice fat duck from the pond. Credit where it's due, he had downed it, in one, with a headshot. We still ate turkey.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Finding an abandoned drawer-unit* that's exactly what our kitchen/dining-room needs, and only requires a lick of paint and some TLC.

Maybe there is a Father Christmas ... [Yipee]

* People here leave unwanted furniture on the pavement for others to take rather than take them to the dump or pay for them to be taken away.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend came over to help me clean (or nag me to rest whilst she cleans really) and brought her 3yo autistic son. He doesn't normally take to people but within half an hour he had realised that I would rough house with him as much as I could, but that I couldn't get out of my chair, so he was cuddling up to me. At one point he was licking my hair, I asked him what he was doing and he said "I'm grooming you. Silly Sophie"
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
C'mon Karl LB!We're all agog to know if the book has appeared in your stocking!!

[Yipee]

Much to Mrs KLB's disgust, it has.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Christmas Eve, two different people I'd given my poetry books to some years ago said to me (completely independently and at different times) that they'd been reading them recently and really loved them. Makes me think I should start writing again.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unexpected sales bargains - Tescos, of all cheapie supermarkets, came up with two pairs of shoes WHICH FITTED ME for £15 in total. Only those with difficult feet know what a glow this can produce. [Yipee]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
On Christmas Eve, two different people I'd given my poetry books to some years ago said to me (completely independently and at different times) that they'd been reading them recently and really loved them. Makes me think I should start writing again.

Your stuff is amazing. Do it.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One from Christmas Eve: The two- and three-year-olds in their little sheep hats, running up the aisle at the wrong time, wandering all over the sanctuary, and generally acting like ... sheep. Exactly what you want in a Christmas Pageant.

And one from today: A friend posted on FB a photo from her daughter's civil partnership blessing. Two beautiful young women in their matching bridal gowns, looking supremely happy.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

New Year's Day down here. My security door buzzer rang. It was grandson, almost 14, so I let him in. When he arrived he was by himself. Apparently he had been asked out by a family from church and they had stopped at McD's downstairs. Andrew is coeliac and can't have that, so he came for a very welcome and entirely unexpected visit. I was touched he came up as he was in company of several other young teens. He stayed about 15 minutes before going back to friends.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was riding home into an easterly wind when the scent of magnolia from a tree in full bloom wafted on the air. The cycling seemed to go more easily after that.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
shoewoman
Shipmate
# 1618

- Posted      Profile for shoewoman   Email shoewoman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watching a squirrel getting up in the morning (its drey is right in front of our kitchen window).

--------------------
Maybe I should get an avatar.... or maybe not....

Posts: 652 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shoewoman, welcome back!

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That post has made my day!

Welcome back, shoewoman! It's been a while.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I spent New Year's Eve and Day making a 1000-piece jigsaw, with the Knotweed's help. I havan't done one for nearly twenty years, and I'd forgotten what a relaxing (yes! I relaxed!!) and satisfying way of passing time it was.

Next up - the model aircraft I got this Christmas. I think my parents have forgotten I'm an adult. [Devil]

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
I spent New Year's Eve and Day making a 1000-piece jigsaw, with the Knotweed's help. I havan't done one for nearly twenty years, and I'd forgotten what a relaxing (yes! I relaxed!!) and satisfying way of passing time it was.

Next up - the model aircraft I got this Christmas. I think my parents have forgotten I'm an adult. [Devil]

AG

They know you're an adult. They also know you haven't grown up.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking of which, Rizzle Kicks on Top of the Pops last night.

I am 12, I'm sure of it.

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
They know you're an adult. They also know you haven't grown up.

There may be considerable truth in that... espcially as I went window shopping for paints today. [Hot and Hormonal]

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Banoffee pie brought into work by colleague - death by sugar!

Also, just got a text from Mr Marzipan to say he saw a seal in the river on the way to work! Yay for wildlife in the city!

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:

Also, just got a text from Mr Marzipan to say he saw a seal in the river on the way to work! Yay for wildlife in the city!

The BBC had an article the other day about a seal in a lake somewhere off the River Ouse the other day.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My little white canary, Tibi, singing.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Half of my orchids have flower spikes! One has four of them!

It's amazing what a little plant food will do. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
an event at worship today that reminded me how glad I am to be at this new-to-me church.

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had a phone call from my cousin whom I haven't seen for several years (and wasn't sure whether she was still alive until I got the Christmas card), and arranged for her to come for lunch next weekend when she's down this way.

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016