homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Silly little things that make your day... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Silly little things that make your day...
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:
Had a phone call from my cousin whom I haven't seen for several years (and wasn't sure whether she was still alive until I got the Christmas card), and arranged for her to come for lunch next weekend when she's down this way.

That's really lovely [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
shoewoman
Shipmate
# 1618

- Posted      Profile for shoewoman   Email shoewoman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not silly little thing that made my day (even if this day is nearly over): being welcomed back by both Moo and Gill H. Thanks a lot!

--------------------
Maybe I should get an avatar.... or maybe not....

Posts: 652 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sleeping in my own bed. I was relegated to the spare room last week because Mr Bug had the flu, then I was away at the weekend. There's nothing quite like your own bed.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A lovely walk today. The weather was perfect (70 degrees F in January!) and a lot of the neighbors were taking advantage of it.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got the washing out in the sunshine, and it looks as if it will continue some time.
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a whole lot of scaups (papango) on Victoria Lake while riding through the park yesterday. I haven't seen so many since before the quakes [Yipee] [Yipee]

Thay are a native diving duck endemic to NZ and 20% of their entire population live on local rivers.

I love the way they totally disappear, then bob up again,

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Egeria
Shipmate
# 4517

- Posted      Profile for Egeria     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's pleasant being surrounded by people who, generally speaking, are not only smart and hard-working, but courteous, earnest, and lively.

I am often cheered by snatches of conversation that I inadvertently overhear. These can be funny:

"Biceps? I don't have biceps." (Male student in the weight room)
"Yeah, I pushed out my first draft...Yeah, you have to organize your thoughts and all...it's hella'nnoying! " (Female student outside the locker room) I have to say, I've got a sneaking sympathy for that woman, as I'm now preparing a paper for publication--I know just how it feels.

Or endearing:
"That lab on Wednesday was the coolest thing I've ever done! " (Female student in locker room)
"Your mom and your dad go cycling together? That's awesome! " (Male student to friend near campus)

Or mysterious:
"He was supposed to give a lecture, but he sent a lookalike instead!" (Grad student to colleague at academic conference) I'm still trying to figure this one out. I suspect I know who the subject is.

--------------------
"Sound bodies lined / with a sound mind / do here pursue with might / grace, honor, praise, delight."--Rabelais

Posts: 314 | From: Berkeley, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016