homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What says "Christmas is over"? (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What says "Christmas is over"?
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is it taking down the tree, burning the wreath, throwing out the turkey remains, Morris Dancing? For me, it was eating the last chocolate ginger.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coming home and realising that the 'Keep Christ in Christmas' poster was still stuck in the window.

But then, I am a founder member of the Sluts' Club. Windows haven't been cleaned for well over a year.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Edith:
Coming home and realising that the 'Keep Christ in Christmas' poster was still stuck in the window.

But then, I am a founder member of the Sluts' Club. Windows haven't been cleaned for well over a year.

Gosh you have cleaned them so recently!!
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I thought one employed a man with a ladder?

In answer to the OP: calendar saying 7 January.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well and truly wilted Christmas flowers.

That feeling you get when you can't face any more chocolate, mince pies or booze.

The return to work after the holidays, and that feeling you get when some late Christmas cards arrive in the post, and you think there isn't any point in putting them up now.

The spring flowers and chocolate Easter bunnies on sale. Having said that, hot cross buns were still available at Christmas.

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
... hot cross buns were still available at Christmas.

I noted that too. Many things "seasonal" seem to spread out (although some don't, in Canada, egg nog is strictly a Christmas item.)

There's a very healthy poinsettia right behind this computer.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a litre of eggnog in the freezer; I bought it two days before Christmas and found I couldn't face another glassful. I figure I'll use it to make a bread pudding for Easter brunch, or churn it into ice cream. Or something. (Suggestions gratefully received.)

So Christmas is over for me when I reach Eggnog Overload.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Taking down the tree (12th night). [Frown]

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two Roguelings have birthdays in early January so once they are done.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
12 night party, taking down all signs of Christmas the next day. When you do not want another thing sweet, and the thank you cards are all sent.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
when you can't face any more chocolate

This is not a sign Christmas is over. This is a sign you've gone mad.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We got our last Christmas gift from one of our nieces two days ago: we paid for most of our lunch yesterday with it! We are happy to receive anything at all from a teenager!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryT:
Is it taking down the tree, burning the wreath, throwing out the turkey remains, Morris Dancing? For me, it was eating the last chocolate ginger.

We burn one of our Christmas candles on twelfth night - 'tis tradition [Smile]

Here is this year's.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Putting the Christmas issue of the Radio Times in the recycling bin..

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
We burn one of our Christmas candles on twelfth night - 'tis tradition

That reminds me, my equivalent is having a Christmas pudding on Twelfth Night. I always get two, one for Christmas and one for Twelfth Night.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When we've finally got together with all the people we actually wanted to get together with over Christmas. So this year we still have four Christmases to go [Biased]

I like the idea of burning a candle. It'd make sense for us to burn the remainder of the advent candle, the bits we forgot to burn during advent (i.e. these days, most of the candle!).

[Duplicate post deleted. - Ariel]

[ 13. January 2013, 08:59: Message edited by: Ariel ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
Putting the Christmas issue of the Radio Times in the recycling bin..

Sadly, yes. [Frown]

Also that moment when you get back into work and it's like you've never been away.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As we have summer holidays over Christmas, we tend to have an extended Christmas/New Year festive and holiday season. It' when the "back to school ads" appear on telly (starting about now actually) that Christmas feels over. Australia Day falls on 26th of Jan and it's after that that reality sets in and it's back to the daily grind-the roads go back to being clogged and after a week or 2 you forget you ever had a holiday.
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I reckon Feb 2 - Candlemas - is when it is well and truly over.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not necessarily in order:
When the Haggis Hunt closes
When everyone has recieved their Secret Santa gift

Prior to coming aboard the Ship, I suppose it was taking the tree and decorations down on 12th night.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forsythia (good) and Valentine's goods in shops (bad).

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
Forsythia (good) and Valentine's goods in shops (bad).

Which actually reminds me I must buy pink candles for next Advent. They are easier to get now than in November.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Me too, Leo - I'm keeping the "candle-bridges" up until then, although the rest of the decorations are away. The crèche in the Cathedral stays up until Candlemas too, so yes - once that's over, it'll really be over.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This year, it was when my 9-year-old waxed indignant about the council's Christmas lights still being up after Twelfth Night - "Don't they KNOW Christmas is over, Mummy?!"
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When the poinsettia in the Church finally dies and can be thrown away

(I hate poinsettias)

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Realizing you are the only house left on the street with Xmas lights still in the window,and making the move to take them down.

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The arrival of Australia day on January 26th. This signals a return to school the following week and the end of the holiday period Christmas-New Year-January which is summer time down here.

For me decorations go up after Advent and come down january 6th.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
This year, it was when my 9-year-old waxed indignant about the council's Christmas lights still being up after Twelfth Night - "Don't they KNOW Christmas is over, Mummy?!"

One of the biggest events in this city is the two week Stock Show and Rodeo that takes place every January. It is traditional for the city to leave its lights out through the end of the Stock Show, for the benefit of ranchers and cowboys who come in to town for the show. So that rule wouldn't work around here.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
When the poinsettia in the Church finally dies ...

I won a white poinsettia in the raffle at a cookie-exchange party in early December and having almost completely neglected it* consigned it to the dustbin the other day.

* To say that I don't have green fingers would be a monstrous understatement. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christmas - for me at least - is over when I have to have a shave before going back to work.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
Christmas - for me at least - is over when I have to have a shave before going back to work.

You put away the red suit at the same time?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
When the poinsettia in the Church finally dies and can be thrown away

(I hate poinsettias)

I like poinsettias - but they don't like me and rarely last more than a few days. I was given one this year and it's still going strong - so far!

:fingerscrossed:

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The end of Candlemas, when the crib and the candles around the choir stalls are finally taken down. Oh, and finally noticing the one remaining rather sad-looking decoration, which everyone forgot.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My birthday shortly after Christmas decrees Christmas is over. As a child, this was the only way my birthday was acknowleged as family was otherwise caught up in the Christmas roundabout. Seriously, I reckon Christmas is over once the decorations are removed which I tend to do on Twelfth Night.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Purple Butterfly
Apprentice
# 17477

- Posted      Profile for Purple Butterfly   Email Purple Butterfly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like to hold onto Christmas as long as possible so I always keep a nativity scene out until Candlemas.

This year I still have a chocolate santa left too, so it's definitely not over yet.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Candlemas, eh? I feel better about my tree still being up now!

But I did take down the outside lights today. So the process is beginning.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Christmas lights are still on the morning and evening timer. It's to get to about -35°C by Sunday again, so it is certainly too cold to turn off Christmas lights and cheer. We're also not finished eating the Christmas baking.

Seriously, it is very hard to consider advancing the season of depression, of snow, cold, dark that can come after Xmas is declared done. Thus, we tend to prolong it, and some years, the lights stay on until Lent.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Works for me: I still haven't put away the stained-glass Nativity scene that sits on our dining room table! Should do that by EOM...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
que sais-je
Shipmate
# 17185

- Posted      Profile for que sais-je   Email que sais-je   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tescos has Easter Eggs on display. Only two and a bit months to go - then out of the way quickly in time for Summer Holidays then ...

Doesn't time fly!

--------------------
"controversies, disputes, and argumentations, both in philosophy and in divinity, if they meet with discreet and peaceable natures, do not infringe the laws of charity" (Thomas Browne)

Posts: 794 | From: here or there | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by que sais-je:
Tescos has Easter Eggs on display.

Morrisons had Hot Cross Buns on sale before Christmas Eve. The Easter chocolate went up after Boxing Day.

Why bother waiting until then, you ask yourself.

kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hot cross buns seem to be a year-round thing nowadays. Most people just see them as spiced buns with a traditional pattern on the top. And, as for chocolate eggs: I don't know who actually buys them so early but at least they'll keep until the event if anyone does so. What I never understand is all the perishable Christmas-related food that goes out in early November, with sell-by dates that are way before anyone is planning to party.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Chocolate eggs, at least the small cream filled ones, now appear to be year round in Canada. For Halloween, they had green filling.

Now egg nog is truly seasonal

--------------------

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Marzipan has just managed to finish the Selection Box that Santa brought him. I'm not sure how he managed to make it last so long! Mine was gone in about four days

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm another Candlemas-man. The decorations came down on Jan 6th, but the crib stays up until Feb 2nd. After all, the wise men only got to it on Epiphany, so it seems a bit rough on them to go straight from the manger into storage.

(That last bit sounds a little like a Christmas version of Monopoly....)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

- Posted      Profile for georgiaboy   Email georgiaboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A delicious indicator of the Christmas season hereabouts is peppermint ice cream, which usually appears just after Thanksgiving and can be had through Christmas Day.

Sadly, this year it appeared NOT AT ALL! I kept asking the supermarket staff, but they didn't know why it never showed. [Waterworks]

--------------------
You can't retire from a calling.

Posts: 1675 | From: saint meinrad, IN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

We burn one of our Christmas candles on twelfth night - 'tis tradition [Smile]

Here is this year's.

That's a nice tradition! Thins the collection...and you can recycle the wax if you're so inclined.

For me, sadly, it's the calendar. January 6th is Epiphany and the end of Christmas. Then I put away my Christmas music, continue eating discounted Christmas candy as long as the store still sells it, and realize about a week later than I still have Christmas cards on display in my apartment.

In my defense, I live alone and far from family and close friends, so Christmas pretty much only happens at church.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Chocolate eggs, at least the small cream filled ones, now appear to be year round in Canada. For Halloween, they had green filling.

Hopefully that trend will find its way stateside!

I did see some "Cadbury Scream Eggs" at Halloween, with the green insides. Only one Walgreens out here (in California) had them, and only till they sold out of the (seemingly) one box they'd ordered.

I've always wanted Cadbury Creme Eggs to be year-round. I suppose if I were back home I could pop over to Windsor, then, to get them! (Nah, not worth the trouble.)

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by georgiaboy:
A delicious indicator of the Christmas season hereabouts is peppermint ice cream, which usually appears just after Thanksgiving and can be had through Christmas Day.

Just for you goergiaboy.

I had never heard of peppermint ice cream - so I googled it.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I love mint ice-cream, one of my favourite flavours - here it usually comes with chocolate, but the pure stuff is good if you can get it. Even the chocolate variety isn't as easy to get as other flavours, though.
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
I've always wanted Cadbury Creme Eggs to be year-round.

Me too! It's a very good thing that they aren't. [Hot and Hormonal]

Christmas pretty much lasts all year at my home. Partly, it's practicality. I look for Christmas anthems for the choir at all times. Plus there are always some favorite ornaments and a small Alaskan nativity on display all year.

And...looking toward the living room, I'm reminded that I really do have to take the Christmas cards down.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016