homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » NFL 2012 (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: NFL 2012
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
4/4! Astonishing. Yes, that first quarter was amazing. But then he ran out of steam.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
RGIII was on track to make me look like a fool before his injury caught up with him. Hoping that he has a speedy recovery, and that his future turns out to be as bright as it looked this season.

When his leg bent it was one of those moments when I had to look away from the screen... apparently it was an optical illusion but my initial thought was he'll never use that knee again. And then of course he was up and about in a few moments. [Hot and Hormonal]

OF COURSE the only important thing about this season is where will Tebow end up.

I met a guy who said the Jets 'are not worthy of him'. [Eek!]

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RG3 helped to get two of my fantasy football teams to championship games this season, though I ended up going with Romo for the wins. Even if he only recovers to 90% of what he was early in the 2012 season, he'll be a fantastic QB. Reports just in that his surgery this morning required repairs/reconstruction of two knee ligaments -- it's all about the rehab, now.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by moron:
where will Tebow end up.

Providing studio analysis of College football matches, I reckon.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Really? I reckon he's a dead cert for assistant pastor in a megachurch somewhere in the rust belt.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If my Raiders aren't in the playoffs, I'm not interested! The Chargers which I used to support during my immediate post-college years always got fucked out of advancement in the playoffs by being forced to play in the snow! Beachbums vs. snow trolls is not fair. I am going back to REAL football where my Tottenham Hotspur side is in third place out of twenty and our next match is against number twenty, soon to be relegated...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
Really? I reckon he's a dead cert for assistant pastor in a megachurch somewhere in the rust belt.

Nah, back in Florida. And if he's doing college color commentary, he can do both.

Back to the games this weekend ... those were pretty impressive.

--------------------
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll get back to you guys after I finish throwing up.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]

I am glad the 'niners won: our daughter lived in Frisco a while ago. I've all but given up on my Raiders: their glory days seem to be far behind them as is the coaching tenure of John Madden.

The team I support now is English Premiership side Tottenham Hotspur aka Spurs. Thanks to bloody Chelsea's 4 points added and our nil-nil draw against the worst side in the league, although they had a superior defense yesterday, the Queens Park Rangers shall still be relegated : fourth place sucks - we're better than that!

Edited because the URL and CODE buttons mean different things. Imaginary Friend. Circus host

[ 13. January 2013, 19:47: Message edited by: Imaginary Friend ]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sir Kevin,

please keep your comments about different types of football on their appropriate threads.

Thank you.

Imaginary Friend
Circus Host.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I'll get back to you guys after I finish throwing up.

My friend, I feel your pain. I once bought exorbitantly priced tickets to watch KC at Denver and Gus (if memory serves) managed to lose.

Most I can wonder at this point is if Tebow would have taken a knee with thirty some (and TWO TIME OUTS!!!!) seconds left.

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

I have to say that I was almost as amazed by the Bronc's poor time management as I was by Flacco's Hail Mary. I mean, if Joe Flacco (who's not known for being clutch) could get it all the way down the field, surely Peyton with two time outs could have set up a chip shot.

Matty Ice got over his playoff jinx and did just that in the Seattle game. *Never* leave Matt Ryan with time on the clock.

I also sincerely hope that CK7 has some of that mojo left for the Falcons. That was a thing of beauty (if you Broncs and Ravens fans were too busy drinking, be sure to catch the videos). The fan base is a little too overconfident IMO; I just hope that Harbaugh and some of the vets are making sure Colin doesn't join them. From the scuttlebutt on the sports stations it appears as though Hotlanta won't be making the mistake of thinking they were seeing the non-running QB.

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

HAR-BOWL! IT'S ON!

Holy cow, I didn't think that would happen after the Ravens' slide at the end of the season.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Ravens definitely pulled it together in the last three weeks. I'm just happy the Patriots didn't make it to another Super Bowl. Ray Lewis is a heck of a story, and I would love to see him finish this run with a win.

I am excited about the Super Bowl match-up. I don't think I would have been able to watch New England - Atlanta, as I cannot root for the Patriots, and my wife has a bias against all things Atlanta after living there for a few years. But this feels like an anything can happen game, and that should be fun to watch.

--------------------

moron
Shipmate
# 206

quote:
Ray Lewis is a heck of a story, and I would love to see him finish this run with a win.

As much as it sucks the Ravens beat the Broncs it could not happen to a better player.

Ravens by 5.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Today's joke (copyright K M Masser, 2013) - here it is:

The late Al Davis, owner of the infamous Oakland Raiders decided to have a job fair to find a new coach as almost everyone since the great John Madden quit had failed miserably. Fifty candidates from all over the country, with backgrounds varying from Pop Warner to college to assistants on rival NFL teams, showed up. Mr. Davis said, "All right, raise your hands if you want to receive $40,000 every time the team wins." Fifty hands went up. "OK, now raise your hands if you want to give me $20,000 every time my team loses!" One hand, belonging to a drunken Pop Warner coach at a grammar school in San Gabriel, California went up. The other forty-nine passed out.

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

That is possibly the most complicated smack-talk I've ever read. (And truth be told, I'm still not completely sure I get it.)

Anyway, I'm not so much hoping that San Francisco win as the Maryland Carrion lose, simply because work will be absolutely unbearable this week if they don't.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

It does not look good for the west coast at this point...

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

This is hilarious!

--------------------
Brian Clough

Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good job ensuring you never host another Super Bowl New Orleans.

(spelling)

[ 04. February 2013, 01:02: Message edited by: Prester John ]

Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Might make the rest of the country a little more interested in NoLa infrastructure. [Biased]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
New Orleans is in NoLA?

Well, I thought it was a fabulous game (bar the electrical problems), very edge of the seat, and I had a great time at my friends' party. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*ahem*
HAIL TO THE RAVENS!
HAIL BALTIMORE!
HAIL TO THE RAVENS!
HAIL TO NEVERMORE!

Look, just because I can't use the proper words for that tune (get well soon, RGIII!) doesn't mean I won't sing it anyway. It's a good day for some Old Bay!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
New Orleans is in NoLA

New Orleans, LouisianA. I thought that was a commonly-used acronym? [Confused] Apologies if I got that wrong.

[ 04. February 2013, 10:44: Message edited by: Imaginary Friend ]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

quote:
Ravens by 5.

Had it not been for that intentional safety at the end, you would have hit it on the nose.

I was really hoping that it would come down to the fair catch free kick rule (I admit that I had forgotten about that option until it was mentioned on the broadcast,) but that would have required a real bad punt to be feasible.

[ 04. February 2013, 16:08: Message edited by: Og, King of Bashan ]

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All down to that last drive. Why didn't the 49ers try a run, give it to Kaepernick or Gore for one of the two plays?

Great game though - thought it was going to be a blow out until the power-out, then we got a big turnabout!

But the best team (just) won in the end.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

I confess I only watched the first half and the last two minutes, but the Ravens' defense looked awesome.

--------------------
Brian Clough

moron
Shipmate
# 206

quote:
quote:
Ravens by 5.

Had it not been for that intentional safety at the end, you would have hit it on the nose.
I of course meant Ravens by 5 yards. [Smile]

A good game which would have been made perfect if Al Qaeda had claimed responsibility...

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
New Orleans is in NoLA

New Orleans, LouisianA. I thought that was a commonly-used acronym? [Confused] Apologies if I got that wrong.
Oopsie. Sorry. In California NoCal is Northern California. I thought you were saying New Orleans was in Northern Louisiana.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

There is _no_ joy in Fogville today.

A huge "well done" to the Ravens. They had it together in a way that the Niners did not.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016