homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mornington Crescent (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  20  21  22 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mornington Crescent
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quick - are we playing according to the 2006 Maentwrog amendments?

It does rather make a difference. Whilst awaiting a consensus, as a holding play, I'll go for Kennington Oval

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not last time I looked...

Swiss cottage

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In which case

Lewisham

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will see your Lewisham and raise you Borough

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Earls Court

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

I saw what you did there!

I think the only option at this point is Does anyone have Mr Bun the Baker?

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

No, but I can confirm it wasn't Professor Plum, with the candlestick, in the dining room
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aha!

Pimlico

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

Amazing how few people see the significance of two card related moves with diagonals blocked and a queue on the Central line...

Your new starter for 10 - Upminster

[ 07. December 2012, 14:13: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well done, Sir!

I shall respond with Uxbridge

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Back across to

Upney

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Posts: 742 | From: Abertillery | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Uttoxeter. It has to be.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Ceannaideach
Shipmate
# 12007

- Posted      Profile for Ceannaideach   Email Ceannaideach   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What with all these U's we'll have to take a trip to

Shepherd's Bush Market

--------------------
"I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions for which I will regret learning the answers." - Roy Greenhilt OOTS

Posts: 199 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Talking of shopping, I need to get D. a birthday present:

Tottenham Court Road

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Football, eh? Highbury & Islington.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Emirates Greenwich Peninsula
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tin Pan Alley

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
42nd Street

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Manhattan Transfer
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
Football, eh? Highbury & Islington.

No - Ipswich.

We won today! [Yipee] Mind you, it was at home to Millwall, so there may not be much of Ipswich left ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Piglet- I am sorry to do this to you, but you have obviously forgotten that today is Monday! So...

Mornington Crescent

and to start us anew

Ealing Common

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Congratulations to The Weeder, who doesn't seem all that sorry to me [Biased]

But then neither would I be [Big Grin]

Hainault

[ 10. December 2012, 08:04: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

You got a thing about Hainault, Wodders? You keep returning there..

Anyway, I think we should head off up the Met to Amersham

Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
You got a thing about Hainault, Wodders? You keep returning there..

Anyway, I think we should head off up the Met to Amersham

There's always one isn't there?

Heathrow Terminals 1-4

Go on, you know you want to...

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

You asked for it.... [Snigger]

Dollis Hill

Shipmate
# 76

You know you didn't have to do that. So many possibilities.

You do know that last year young Les Tersquair did that on telly during the MC Sub-Olympics?

And you do know that the authorities were, shall we say, somewhat casual about finding out who was responsible for him finding himself wearing just a collar, jockstrap and tie, sitting astride one of the lions at the base of Nelson's Column with a whip in one hand, held on by the sort of restraint generally only available via discreet mail order from the back pages of low-class jazz mags?

Just saying.

Covent Garden

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

It's so very tempting, but I shall resist.

Anderston

Shipmate
# 76

And so you should.

Two no trumps

Oh, and by the way, that now means that District stations in Zone 3 are effectively wild.

One has to assume that the peak services are evenly split across North and South's hands and can be ruffed, of course.

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Sorry that forces me into

Mornington Crescent

Now try starting again at

Hayes & Harlington

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Harrumph.

Ongar

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We'll have to balance that by going equally West ...

Brill.

P.S. To Piglet: Ipswich is fine. Or it was when I looked this afternoon. The match got mentioned in church yesterday (well, the theme was "Joyful Tidings"). And I had a visit today from an old Canadian friend (from Edmonton).

[ 10. December 2012, 21:28: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Killing me] Joyful tidings indeed, BT.

As we're heading into pantomime season, I can feel a spot of rhyming coming on. Now, what, I hear you ask, rhymes with "Brill"?

NO! NO! RESIST!

Rhyl **phew!**

PS Well played, Weeder and Aber Vicar! [Smile]

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Penrhyndeudraeth

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Oh not there again! You asked for this.

Caergybi

Don't blame me.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Returning to the realms of pronounceability (well, it is a lovely morning here), let's over-anticipate Epiphany in more ways than one and go to

Seven Kings.

Shipmate
# 76

Dim ots imi / makes no difference to me.

Penzance

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Diss
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Winteringham

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Springburn.
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turnham Green

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I can play a turn in the Correct Order (i.e. after The Weeder). [Smile]

**waves**

Green Park

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I fear that we are going to get in a knot soon unless we take some drastic action - will Mill Hill East suffice?

--------------------

AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Eastcote

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Worcester Foregate Street
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

Kingsfold! There are rules to this game, you know, even though it is the Christmas season!

So, to get back on track (see what I did there)

Jerusalem Central

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oh dear me, we seem to be heading into cider country and we all know that anything can happen then - I'll yank us back, I think, to

Buckhurst Hill

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

quote:
Kingsfold! There are rules to this game, you know, even though it is the Christmas season!

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that - I'm playing the Scotch Mist variant (2004 or was it 2005 - it passed in a bit of a blur).

So, with that in mind, Arnos Grove

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hainault

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

Grange Hill

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

There's only one possible response to that. Theoretically it's possible to go to Kings Cross St Pancras in situations like this, but a minor tradition has grown up of not making that play, in blessed memory of the late Rich Mond. One cannot use this strategy now without being assailed by images of baked beans, slow moving street cleaning lorries and sanitary towel dispensers. It would have been funny had it not been so tragic.

So, lifting a glass to the late Mr Mond, I'll satisfy myself with a quick trip to Chancery Lane.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  20  21  22 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016